Please Report Problems Here

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

Is it me or is anyone else being suddenly logged out every third click? Then having to make 3 & 4 attempts at getting logged back in?It’s starting to get annoying, and it seems to be getting worse.
Birfers are toast

realist

Post by realist »

Is it me or is anyone else being suddenly logged out every third click? Then having to make 3 & 4 attempts at getting logged back in?It’s starting to get annoying, and it seems to be getting worse.I'm still not having any problems. :lol:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Is it me or is anyone else being suddenly logged out every third click? Then having to make 3 & 4 attempts at getting logged back in?It’s starting to get annoying, and it seems to be getting worse.I'm still not having any problems. :lol:There wouldn't be a thread long enough to contain all your problems :P

realist

Post by realist »

Is it me or is anyone else being suddenly logged out every third click? Then having to make 3 & 4 attempts at getting logged back in?It’s starting to get annoying, and it seems to be getting worse.I'm still not having any problems. :lol:There wouldn't be a thread long enough to contain all your problems :PProbably true, :lol: but I'm not having any problems getting logged out and getting back in. :D
ImageX 4 ImageX36

kate520

Post by kate520 »

I'm on an iPad. Chat used to drive me nuts, too, until Ducktape gave me a hint and then I figured out what that arrow button all the way down at the bottom right is for...scrolling. You can lock the screen or let it roll. Before that, ducky taught me to, when I'd hit the bottom of the chat screen, change the language to oh, say, Urdu. And it would refresh the screen, leaving the last 4 or so conversations, still in English, just... now the instructions to you will be in Urdu.I've been getting logged out again lately, too, but not while I'm online. No trouble logging back in. The site does seem slow to me, but I can never tell if it's me or the site.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'm on an iPad. Chat used to drive me nuts, too, until Ducktape gave me a hint and then I figured out what that arrow button all the way down at the bottom right is for...scrolling. You can lock the screen or let it roll. Before that, ducky taught me to, when I'd hit the bottom of the chat screen, change the language to oh, say, Urdu. And it would refresh the screen, leaving the last 4 or so conversations, still in English, just... now the instructions to you will be in Urdu.I've been getting logged out again lately, too, but not while I'm online. No trouble logging back in. The site does seem slow to me, but I can never tell if it's me or the site.There's this tapatalk program you can download that works on all forums. It works across android and ios. I just use the full screen mode and the forum comes up quite well here.

Highlands

Post by Highlands »

I'm on an iPad. Chat used to drive me nuts, too, until Ducktape gave me a hint and then I figured out what that arrow button all the way down at the bottom right is for...scrolling. You can lock the screen or let it roll. Before that, ducky taught me to, when I'd hit the bottom of the chat screen, change the language to oh, say, Urdu. And it would refresh the screen, leaving the last 4 or so conversations, still in English, just... now the instructions to you will be in Urdu.I've been getting logged out again lately, too, but not while I'm online. No trouble logging back in. The site does seem slow to me, but I can never tell if it's me or the site.The problem I'm having with chat on my iPad is this:When the chat thread gets to the bottom of the page, I can't see any more posts. I have to constantly use the two finger scroll to see the newer posts. On a desktop PC, the chat scrolls the older posts off the top, so that the newer posts stay in the middle of the screen. Not so on my iPad.
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

For some reason, this thread constantly shows up as "unread" even though I've read it repeatedly and the last post in it, by Highlands, remains the last post.Maybe just posting to it will fix it. We'll see.
Edit: Interestingly, yes. Now that I've posted to it, it doesn't show up in "unread" all the time. Weird.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

Has anyone seen my car keys?
Thanks pal.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

High, look at the chat screen. See the group of buttons on the bottom far right? A :?: , either tools or utensils,( i cant tell cuz i don't have my glasses), two people heads and at the end, either two parallel grey bars (pause) or two right facing arrows (scroll). If it's bars, click it. It will become arrows and your screen should scroll.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Joseph Robidoux III

Post by Joseph Robidoux III »

For some reason, this thread constantly shows up as "unread" even though I've read it repeatedly and the last post in it, by Highlands, remains the last post.Maybe just posting to it will fix it. We'll see.
Edit: Interestingly, yes. Now that I've posted to it, it doesn't show up in "unread" all the time. Weird.
I'll try it myself.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

I was having the same problem as Loh, and would have reported it yesterday, but the "Post a Reply" button never appeared. Much like the man who wasn't there, it wasn't there again today, but I finally saw "post a Reply" in a wee blue font, clicked on it and got here! Yay!
Image Image Image Image Image

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Same here as far as each post showing up as 'new' each time instead of the 'new' or unread posts. I do have the regular 'post reply' button though.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

I found your keys, res.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I found your keys, res.And you owe me $200,000 for the surgery. :-
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

I found your keys, res.And you owe me $200,000 for the surgery. :-Don't you have Commie Health Care, Sur?
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Goddammit. :x
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Still getting logged out every few days.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

ducktape

Post by ducktape »

Still getting logged out every few days.Me too on iPad (Safari). Not on the computer (Firefox).

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Still getting logged out every few days.Just an unhelpful hint: any cookies expiring early due to some tablet setting ?

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Still getting logged out every few days.Just an unhelpful hint: any cookies expiring early due to some tablet setting ?I hate when someone bakes some cookies and they expire before i get a chance to eat them.

ducktape

Post by ducktape »

Still getting logged out every few days.Just an unhelpful hint: any cookies expiring early due to some tablet setting ?Not here, and my settings were one of the first things I checked.However, FYI, it happened at PJ, too. I think it is related to the settings on these particular phpbb installations.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Still getting logged out every few days.Just an unhelpful hint: any cookies expiring early due to some tablet setting ?I have more trouble with getting logged out multiple times per day on my desktop (Firefox 4.) On my tablet, I'm using Firefox's mobile browser and haven't gotten logged out in over 2 weeks.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

I hate when someone bakes some cookies and they expire before i get a chance to eat them.That can happen??? :o
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

When adding a new post, I no longer get the message that there is a new post from another user, do I still want to post this. (Prosilver, Chrome, Mac.)
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”