Please Report Problems Here

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

RoadScholar wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:52 pm Getting logged out a lot.
Me too. Like constantly. Like almost every time I go to a new thread. And yes, I’ve cleared cookies. :confused:

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sunrise wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:05 pm
RoadScholar wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:52 pm Getting logged out a lot.
Me too. Like constantly. Like almost every time I go to a new thread. And yes, I’ve cleared cookies. :confused:
I get logged out from my phone randomly, but not alot .. and seldom on my PCs. I think its just that frontdoor firewall app Foggy uses. It thinks something may not be quite right and makes you log in again.

Ya'll know I'm just playing with Foggy when I sometimes say he's pushing buttons, turning knobs and messing it up again. Right? ;)

We LUVS you Foggy! :lovestruck:

Merry Xmas.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:56 pm Foggy, re the editor, in a former life I was able to select a font from a drop down list. Has this gone AWOL or did you decide to do away with it?
I found that setting and fixed it.

Merry Christmas, y'all.

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:56 pm Foggy, re the editor, in a former life I was able to select a font from a drop down list. Has this gone AWOL or did you decide to do away with it?
I have it in Firefox. It is on the left in the second row. of the buttons.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:17 am

Merry Christmas, y'all.
:thumbs: Thank you! Danke schön!.

Happy holidays!

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

That was fast Foggy. You fixed it right before I posted I see. :lol:

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:17 am

Merry Christmas, y'all.
O goody, how could I go on without comic sans.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
kate520

Post by kate520 »

I thought the constant logging out was me only on my refurbished iPad because it’s new and hadn’t yet figured out the way back to the Fogbow when it navigates away. No issues on phone but jeez, I have to log back in every time I follow a link on iPad.

( I killed my beautiful Pro good and dead. It was on a stand, i jostled the table and it did a spectacular cartwheel on all four corners. :cantlook: It is now in smithereens.)

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

kate520 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:55 am I thought the constant logging out was me only on my refurbished iPad because it’s new and hadn’t yet figured out the way back to the Fogbow when it navigates away. No issues on phone but jeez, I have to log back in every time I follow a link on iPad. :brokenheart:
:snippity:
I only use an Ipad because of very bad arthritic hands, so maybe that’s the source of the problem. Mine’s several years old though. I started having the log-in problem when Foggy switched to the latest update. I manage, but it’s aggravating. :(

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sunrise wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:04 pm
kate520 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:55 am I thought the constant logging out was me only on my refurbished iPad because it’s new and hadn’t yet figured out the way back to the Fogbow when it navigates away. No issues on phone but jeez, I have to log back in every time I follow a link on iPad. :brokenheart:
I only use an Ipad because of very bad arthritic hands, so maybe that’s the source of the problem. Mine’s several years old though. I started having the log-in problem when Foggy switched to the latest update. I manage, but it’s aggravating. :(
What's the exact URL you're using to access Fogbow? I consistently use https ://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics to log in on my iPad and I never get logged out. (Note - Take out the space after https if you are copying that link.)

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 am
What's the exact URL you're using to access Fogbow? I consistently use https ://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics to log in on my iPad and I never get logged out. (Note - Take out the space after https if you are copying that link.)
It does still break if the link is not https:// ...

But my shortcut is to https:// and it still occasionally breaks even with. :shrug:

I gave Foggy some short webserver instruction to fix the bad non-secure links to auto-redirect to secure a few weeks ago, but I know he's been busy.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

I have started using my old iPad again this week to read the Fogbow (my laptop has been busy being an organ and audio mixer this week so it is usually connected to a bunch of components). I have not had login issues. I used to have them from time to time in the morning between Lake Bluff and Lake Forest (on the Metra). I usually blamed that on changing towers. I am only using my wifi for this now.

The only noticeable issue I have is not seeing embedded Tweets (it only gives me the bird). FB and videos are fine. That said. Foggy this is an ancient iPad. Don't look into the Twitter thing. I can pick up my phone to see what the Tweet is, if I want.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I gave Foggy some short webserver instruction to fix the bad non-secure links to auto-redirect to secure a few weeks ago, but I know he's been busy.
I need that one again. :confused:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:29 am
The only way I’ve ever accessed Fogbow is to go to the Safari app and tap Fogbow, which is one of the five things that show up. It’s been a long time since I set this up and I have absolutely no idea how or why I did it, but it’s always been OK until now. I can deal with re-logging in. Although it’s annoying it’s not a major hassle.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sunrise wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:05 pm
The only way I’ve ever accessed Fogbow is to go to the Safari app and tap Fogbow, which is one of the five things that show up. It’s been a long time since I set this up and I have absolutely no idea how or why I did it, but it’s always been OK until now. I can deal with re-logging in. Although it’s annoying it’s not a major hassle.
If you press and hold that Fogbow icon, it will pop up two little boxes. The one on the left will show the URL that the icon is using. The right box will give you the options: Copy, Open in Background, Edit, and Delete. If you tap Edit, you can update the URL to what I wrote (omitting that one space I used). Write down the URL you are currently using before making any changes so that, if you mis-type, you can fix it.

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

I always go to https://thefogbow.com/forum/

If already logged in I select quicklinks/unread posts

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
MRich

Post by MRich »

Back in August I was having that problem - any time I went to a link through a bookmark I had to log in.

I went into my bookmark properties (right-click on the bookmark) and made a change to the address:

Code: Select all

Before:
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=98
After:
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=98

Return to “Questions & Suggestions”