Dave from down under

Re: Mesa County Colorado - Belinda and Tina's big adventure

Post by Dave from down under »

Definitely worth a read!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Notaperson wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 pm It seems Tina Peters has come out of hiding.

Vote-fraud group goes after county officials
A Colorado group that claims to have evidence the state’s election systems are faulty, but still hasn’t provided anything to back that up, is attacking the Mesa County Board of Commissioners for holding a public meeting on the topic.

It is only one of several unfounded claims being made by the partly anonymous Colorado-based U.S. Election Integrity Plan.

Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters, however, turned over an unsigned report to commissioners Friday that she claims shows evidence of problems with the system. The report purports to show the before and after images of computer files of her election equipment hard drives, but it is unclear what files were missing, what they were replaced with or whether they had anything to do with how the election software is supposed to work.

The 83-page report cites no authors or their area of expertise, nor does it indicate what group or organization wrote it.
https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/western ... 54aaf.html

Much more at the link. Worth a read.
That would be the ones involved with the security breach. I think the FBI will be waiting to read this "report" and take it a evidence of the breach. Nobody claimed whistleblower, so some people will be in great do-do. I guess a couple of FBI special agents ae on their way for an interview.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Sure is, Nota, thank you. Incredible. Of course, Sherronna Bishop was Boebert's top aide.
GOP candidate's former campaign chief: Thank God for Proud Boys
Colorado candidate Lauren Boebert's former staffer posted a video with a member.
By Jeffrey Cook October 16, 2020, 12:14 AM

The former top aide to Lauren Boebert, a Republican candidate for U.S. Congress in Colorado on a meteoric rise within President Donald Trump's political sphere, hosted a self-proclaimed member of the Proud Boys on a Facebook video last year in which she described the group as "pro everything that makes America great."
The video on the Facebook page of Sherronna Bishop, who worked alongside Boebert for more than a year is dated Sept. 20, 2019. Bishop regularly hosts live videos and often includes guests on a split screen function to discuss conservative politics. This one includes a Proud Boy only identified as Rob describing a group of protesters gathering outside the home of a warden of a Denver-area immigration detention center "and four or five" other Proud Boys going to counter-protest.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/gop-can ... d=73636943
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Wait, so let me get this straight.. they took an image of the hard drives before and after software updates, and files changed? *gasp*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did a window pop up offering to take them on a tour of the new features?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Rob Graham has looked at this and says probably false (no surprise). Short thread.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I forgot to ask: after the update, how many votes did they find flipped from Mr T to Mr B :?:

:lol:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

scirreeve wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:17 pm Rob Graham has looked at this and says probably false (no surprise). Short thread.
https:// twitter.com/ErrataRob/status/1439698470735159305
The data wasn't deleted, it was backed-up (well, probably).
Check if Mesa County uses a different storage provider than Foggy had for TFB.1 ! :twisted:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Notaperson wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:06 pm It seems Tina Peters has come out of hiding.

Vote-fraud group goes after county officials
A Colorado group that claims to have evidence the state’s election systems are faulty, but still hasn’t provided anything to back that up, is attacking the Mesa County Board of Commissioners for holding a public meeting on the topic.

:snippity:
The 83-page report cites no authors or their area of expertise, nor does it indicate what group or organization wrote it.
https://www.gjsentinel.com/news/western ... 54aaf.html

Much more at the link. Worth a read.
Davis and Rowland have been working with some members of that group in an effort to address any concerns. They, too, have yet to receive promised information the group says it’s compiled from its door-to-door canvassing in an attempt to gather evidence that some ballots were never counted.

After an angry email that Rowland received from a voter who was told by the group during one canvassing event that her ballot had not been counted, Rowland looked a little deeper.

“In the middle of her email, she mentioned that both she and her husband had voted in 2020, but when the canvassers came around this summer, their records showed she hadn’t voted,” Rowland said in an email.

“So I checked with our elections staff, and she said their records showed that the woman and her husband did vote in the presidential primary, the Colorado primary in June and the general election, and also in 2019, 2018 and 2017,” Rowland added. “So I believe whatever report they (the canvassers) are going off of is simply not accurate. I’m not even sure where they got it from.
Bet you the same thing happened in AZ.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I'm willing to bet that Peters did NOT follow instructions on backing up the data as she was told to do and data was indeed list. She fucked up and tried to blame the update.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:04 pm Did a window pop up offering to take them on a tour of the new features?
:lol:
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Chilidog wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:28 pm I'm willing to bet that Peters did NOT follow instructions on backing up the data as she was told to do and data was indeed list. She fucked up and tried to blame the update.
Tina is nearly computer illiterate. I doubt she knew how to fuck up with backups because she wouldn't be able to get admin passwords to the IT system.

Which is why she waited for the Trust Build meeting to get the Dominion passwords. And probably other passwords. She'd need an IT person immediately before, probably during, and immediately after the meeting.

Which is why she backed up both computer's entire hard drives. She didn't know what else to do.

Someone accompanied Tina the night she backed up both hard drives. I'll see if I can find out who she was with.

Tina had a non-county employee at the Trust Build meeting. The SoS thought the person was a county employee. I'll find out more about that guy. Only 7 people were at the Trust Build meeting.

Tina was too stupid to realize that investigators could track which employee's swipe card opened the secure room and when she accessed her computers the night she played ninja. While both are not 100% proof that it was Tina whom accessed both secure systems, very, very few have access to that secure room.

If Tina was smart, she would have reported her swipe card as stolen. But she'd have to find a way to explain access to her computer, which could have implicated Belinda.

Tina needed smarter accomplices the night of May 23, 2021.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

For those whom want to read more about the earlier Belinda and Tina Big Adventures.

There is a thread about Tina Peters here: viewtopic.php?p=37429#p37429

Just for background.
LM K

Post by LM K »

The best article about the beginning of the investigation.
Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters and two others entered a secure area of the Election Division in the dark of night days before a scheduled upgrade of the system in May and made two copies of a main computer hard drive in violation of security protocols, the Secretary of State’s Office announced Monday.

Peters, the mysterious Gerald Wood, and a high-ranking Election Division staff worker
whose name is not being revealed by The Daily Sentinel at this time, entered that secure area late at night on Sunday, May 23, when no one else was in the office, the Secretary of State’s Office says.

While there, the three allegedly made copies of the hard drive, including copies of election management software. That information later was displayed at a voter-fraud symposium hosted by the My Pillow guy Mike Lindell in South Dakota last week in an attempt to prove that Dominion Voting Systems election equipment can be hacked or tampered with.

During that event, which Peters traveled to and spoke at, she told the audience that the hard drives, or information from them, were not from her office. She then added that they could have been removed when investigators executed a search warrant of her office, which she called “a raid.”

That timeline also corresponds with an order either by Peters or an elections manager to turn off surveillance cameras in the room, which are supposed to be working continuously when someone is in the room. Those cameras weren’t turned back on again until earlier this month.

COMPUTER LOGS VERIFY ENTRANCE
The Secretary of State’s Office says it knows who was in the room at the time based on computer logs of swipe cards that were used to unlock secure doors in that part of Peters’ office. Wood apparently had such a card even though he isn’t an employee of the clerk’s office.

As a result, anything that was on that hard drive when it was accessed outside of the clerk’s office is suspect, the Secretary of State’s Office said.

Rowland reminded the speakers that the machines in question merely tabulate votes, and suggested that a hand count could be used as a supplement to machine counting.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The Secretary of State’s Office says it knows who was in the room at the time based on computer logs of swipe cards that were used to unlock secure doors in that part of Peters’ office. Wood apparently had such a card even though he isn’t an employee of the clerk’s office.
She gave him the floater card with the men's room key attached?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

high-ranking Election Division staff worker whose name is not being revealed by The Daily Sentinel at this time

Could this be code for "cooperating witness?"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 pm
Davis and Rowland have been working with some members of that group in an effort to address any concerns. They, too, have yet to receive promised information the group says it’s compiled from its door-to-door canvassing in an attempt to gather evidence that some ballots were never counted.

After an angry email that Rowland received from a voter who was told by the group during one canvassing event that her ballot had not been counted, Rowland looked a little deeper.

“In the middle of her email, she mentioned that both she and her husband had voted in 2020, but when the canvassers came around this summer, their records showed she hadn’t voted,” Rowland said in an email.

“So I checked with our elections staff, and she said their records showed that the woman and her husband did vote in the presidential primary, the Colorado primary in June and the general election, and also in 2019, 2018 and 2017,” Rowland added. “So I believe whatever report they (the canvassers) are going off of is simply not accurate. I’m not even sure where they got it from.
Bet you the same thing happened in AZ.
Up until a few months ago I worked heavily with elections data. It isn't unusual for it to take months for some states to get the most recent elections into their files. FWIW. Even if they had the most recent data available from the state, there is a good chance the most recent election may not be in there yet. This is all easy to verify and get expected dates with an email or phone call of course, but then they wouldn't have anything to harp about.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Chilidog wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:31 pm

What, exactly does it mean that he "was not a county employee"? Was he just some MAGA idiot that she brought in to help prove "fraud", or was he a contractor working for the county?

I retired earlier this year from the Cuyahoga County (Cleveland, Ohio) government IT department. We regularly had contractors working there, who were given county ID badges, clearly marked "Contractor". These badges gave them access to various parts of the building, depending on their assigned tasks. Some areas were more secure than others.

The point is that he may have had legitimate reasons to access the building. He may not have had to use a loaned or purloined card to gain entry. That doesn't mean that he had a legitimate reason to access those computers or to make copies of the hard drives.

As a long-time IT professional, I'm not sure exactly what the hard drives will prove. Were these hard drives on someone (Peters') desktop computer, or on a server?

If they were desktop computers, there might be no real election data on the hard drives. I have no idea how their software is written, but it is often the case that the data is in a SQL or Oracle database on a server somewhere, and not on the local hard drive. There may be application programs specifically for accessing that data, but the data itself would be on the server.

Even a small server these days has a disk capacity of many terabytes. Larger systems are approaching Petabytes (one quadrillion bytes). Copying such a hard drive would be no small task.

IMHO, if they were keeping significant election data on a desktop, the entire IT staff should be fired immediately. That is mission-critical data and, as such, can not be considered the province of a single user, especially one who is not very computer savvy. It is the property and the responsibility of the county IT department and should definitely be on a protected server that is backed up regularly.

Then too, even if they got a copy of the database, it might be very difficult to make any sense of the data, without the programs that access it. Some fields, like the voter's name and address, would most likely be in plain text and be obvious. Other fields might be departmental codes or other non-obvious data. Without the context provided by the programs intended to access it, the data might be largely meaningless. Its not like in the movies, when the hacker breaks in and brings up all kinds of useful data without knowing which programs to use or what database system is used.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:11 pm
► Show Spoiler
The point is that he may have had legitimate reasons to access the building. He may not have had to use a loaned or purloined card to gain entry. That doesn't mean that he had a legitimate reason to access those computers or to make copies of the hard drives.

As a long-time IT professional, I'm not sure exactly what the hard drives will prove. Were these hard drives on someone (Peters') desktop computer, or on a server?

► Show Spoiler
These were devices from the Dominion voting hardware. From earlier posting about the security breach (may be in the Mike Lindell computer symposium thread) I take it that this unnamed person had no business within the secured area, and the security cameras had been switched off to hide his presence.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 pmI take it that this unnamed person had no business within the secured area, and the security cameras had been switched off to hide his presence.
That is entirely possible, but it doesn't mean that he didn't have access to the building.

Even if he had legitimate access to that room, such access is only granted for a purpose related to one's job assignment. Entering the room for any other purpose can very well, itself, be considered a security breach. Granted that violation pales in comparison to the violation of illegally copying the hard drives.
LM K

Post by LM K »

noblepa wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:11 pm

What, exactly does it mean that he "was not a county employee"? Was he just some MAGA idiot that she brought in to help prove "fraud", or was he a contractor working for the county?

I retired earlier this year from the Cuyahoga County (Cleveland, Ohio) government IT department. We regularly had contractors working there, who were given county ID badges, clearly marked "Contractor". These badges gave them access to various parts of the building, depending on their assigned tasks. Some areas were more secure than others.

If they were desktop computers, there might be no real election data on the hard drives. I have no idea how their software is written, but it is often the case that the data is in a SQL or Oracle database on a server somewhere, and not on the local hard drive. There may be application programs specifically for accessing that data, but the data itself would be on the server.

Even a small server these days has a disk capacity of many terabytes. Larger systems are approaching Petabytes (one quadrillion bytes). Copying such a hard drive would be no small task.

IMHO, if they were keeping significant election data on a desktop, the entire IT staff should be fired immediately. That is mission-critical data and, as such, can not be considered the province of a single user, especially one who is not very computer savvy. It is the property and the responsibility of the county IT department and should definitely be on a protected server that is backed up regularly.

Then too, even if they got a copy of the database, it might be very difficult to make any sense of the data, without the programs that access it. Some fields, like the voter's name and address, would most likely be in plain text and be obvious. Other fields might be departmental codes or other non-obvious data. Without the context provided by the programs intended to access it, the data might be largely meaningless. Its not like in the movies, when the hacker breaks in and brings up all kinds of useful data without knowing which programs to use or what database system is used.
You make excellent points.

Peters thinks she's a criminal mastermind. She's not.

What we know to date:

-the swipe card was used by someone whom had not been given access. This was easily confirmed. Peters controls whom has swipe cards for the secure room. There should be a record of any swipe card release. There is no such record.

-The person who copied the hard drives is likely Gerald Wood. No one can find Gerald Woods.

-Peters' goal is to show that Dominion machines and election offices can be "hacked". She doesn't need to understand the content of the hard drive. Regular people with an average understanding of data configuration knows that hardware content changes with updates and maintenance. Peters can Google, email, and make basic documents. I think that's the whole of her computer knowledge.

-Peters' swipe card was used to access the building that night. She logged on to her office computer that night. This is why it is suspected that Peters or an agent for her accessed the secure room.

-Peters ordered the camera be turned off before that night.

-According to the SoS, the person at the Trusted Build meeting whom wasn't a county employee and was not supposed to be at the meeting. It was at that meeting that the Dominion passwords were copied and eventually given to Gateway Pundit.

Peters introduced Woods to the SoS, saying he was a county employee.

-Of course the hard drives differed. A Dominion employee was at the Trusted Build meeting, and updated the machines in front of Peters and the SoS. She's trying to make a routine update look nefarious.

Today, Peters' and Kinsley's lawyer filed a brief and
spoke to the press
to share Peters' version of what happened:

-Peters is now blaming the SoS office for leaking the Dominion passwords. :roll:

-Her lawyer now claims that the person who downloaded the hard drives was a consultant. Peters allegedly hired the consultant after she had worries about being hacked.

This is the first time this guy has been referred to as a consultant.

Why would the consultant need a swipe card when Peters' swipe card was also being used at the time the secure room was accessed? No consultant needed their own swipe card that night. The elections office is tiny.

If there weren't so many red flags, I would agree that the person was a consultant.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Info I didn't know:
-There was a 2nd breech of the Dominion machines. The first breech was on May 23; the second breech was on May 26.

Tamper proof seals should have been placed on all of the machines immediately after the Trusted Build meeting. The tamper proof seals were not placed on the machines for another day or two.

More about the leaked info;

From the article:
Of course there’s no evidence of that happening, and Watkins’ video was quickly debunked by cyber security experts. Watkins also asked his followers to download and share the video, but those who did found it contained a virus that infected their phones and computers.

Watkins said that he was ultra-careful to alter the voices and redact certain portions of the video, pointing out to followers that “a minor slip-up could potentially dox the whistleblower."

Unfortunately for Watkins, he made a major slip up rather than a minor one, which allowed members of Griswold’s team to identify exactly where and when the video had been taken.

Watkins’ leaks included an image showing a spreadsheet of passwords for accessing election equipment. Unfortunately for Watkins’, the passwords are managed by the state, so Griswold’s office was quickly able to identify the leak as coming from Mesa County.

Today, Peters released her 80 page bullshit to the Mesa County Commissioners.

Peters again demonstrates her absolute ignorance and incompetence.

Peters tried to make her 80 something page report confidential by labelling it a "legal document" and thus not subject to open record laws. The County Commissioners are amused, and are going to release the report because it is not a legal document.
Mesa County Clerk and Recorder, Tina Peters has returned to the Western Slope. Upon her return, she hand-delivered a report to Mesa County Commissioners from who she claims are anonymous cybersecurity experts.

Peters delivered the analysis of two forensic images, allegedly documenting data deconstruction during the May 25 Trusted Build. Along with the over 70 pages of analysis, Peters attached a signed letter stating the documents presented are legal documents and therefore should be kept confidential and exempt from the Colorado Open Records Act.

In the signed letter, Peters claims, the forensic examination determined the Dominion Voting System and procedures, “cannot meet the certification requirements of the state of Colorado.”

Peters continues with her resistance towards Dominion Voting Systems and says her goal is to preserve the integrity of Mesa County elections.

In a public hearing on Monday, Mesa County Commissioners shared their intent to release the analysis presented by Peters, because it is a public document. “You can’t stamp on a document that this is a legal document. If she wants to say that this is the document prepared for she and her attorneys, and she just gave it to us.” Scott McInnis, Mesa County Commissioner said, “I’d be pretty pleased if she did that because she just waived her attorney/client privilege.”

Tina Peters’ letter to the Commissioners appears to be stated in a way in which the analysis would vindicate peters and her distrust in Dominion Systems.
The report contains no names of the "cyber security experts".

For some reason Peters refuses to name any of her experts. :think:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

LM K wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:46 pm :snippity:
Today, Peters released her 80 page bullshit to the Mesa County Commissioners.

Peters again demonstrates her absolute ignorance and incompetence.

Peters tried to make her 80 something page report confidential by labelling it a "legal document" and thus not subject to open record laws. The County Commissioners are amused, and are going to release the report because it is not a legal document.
Mesa County Clerk and Recorder, Tina Peters has returned to the Western Slope. Upon her return, she hand-delivered a report to Mesa County Commissioners from who she claims are anonymous cybersecurity experts.
She does not even try to establish herself as a whistleblower :cantlook:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

For some reason Peters refuses to name any of her "experts". :think:
FIFY
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The surfer did it? :confuzzled:

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”