Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Insurrection II: "Justice for J6" Jan6 Rally "We're Going Back to the Capitol" Sep 18 2021

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Insurrection II: "Justice for J6" Jan6 Rally "We're Going Back to the Capitol" Sep 18 2021

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope LE swats up, like they did for the BLM rallies.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Re: Insurrection II: "Justice for J6" Jan6 Rally "We're Going Back to the Capitol" Sep 18 2021

Post by Kendra »

ALERT: Capitol Police statement - "The USCP has asked the Department of Defense for the ability to receive National Guard support should the need arise on September 18"
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:48 pm I hope LE swats up, like they did for the BLM rallies.
I hate to say it, but I'm really hoping for some St. Louis County style teargas therapy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Hmmm. The prediction of a "false flag" before the event even happens sounds a lot like the predictions of rigged elections before the vote even happens.

Why anyone over the age of five would pay attention to these idiots--starting with Stone--is a mystery to me.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Personally I think the crowd size is gonna be underwhelming. I would not be at all surprised if 2500 people show up and then claim they had 50,000.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Yeah, I also suspect this is going to be a fizzle with small crowds. One of the reasons the first event had so much energy behind it was the tacit approval of authority figures like, well, potus. But this time no one with official power is really hyping or supporting it.. so probably small and low energy.

And since they are all white and right, probably not going to see a police riot escalating things.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Too also, aren't the biggest trumpie Jan 6 inciters like MTG, Hawley and Cawthorn taking a pass? That's gotta hurt.

(I think Hawley, deep down, knows he fucked up. The other two, I'm guessing, were ordered not to attend.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:19 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:04 am So even Trumpers now think Trump is toxic?
Well, they also know its kind of hard to blame this on ANTIFA and BLM...

Was a convincing performance by crisis actors so that Obama can turn the FBI onto peaceloving terrorists tourists :twisted:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Braynard is not really well-liked in the Trumper world, the previous rallies he held were small. And the MAGA leaders are discouraging attendance, a real slap in the face to Braynard. BUT we know it only takes one deranged person like the "bomb" guy in the truck to make a ruckus. However, as has been pointed out, it's a Saturday, no Congressional business will be happening, they're starting to see the light that the disgraced loser is not going to be reinstated, and they know the police and Capitol have been fortified. There's a lot of "fading out" happening... folks just get dejected and ghost. The losers still on Twitter scream and yell, but more and more are being banned ("Connie's Corner" and a few others got the boot yesterday) and it's just rage tweeting, there are no calls to action.

Reckon this will be as successful as Squidney/Lin Woods' Strike... has anyone been impacted by that huge nationwide strike yet? Any trouble getting food? :lol: Lin and the Squid haven't even been talking about it. These folks have been grifted so much with zero result or accomplishment they must be starting to tune out.

So while some hardcore MAGAs might show up Saturday, seems well in hand and hopefully they'll keep it to peaceful, lawful demonstrations/protests which they have every right to do.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Me? I'm all for Justice for J6... but the courts and prosecution can only move so fast with so many cases! :!: :daydreaming:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If your rally requires fencing around a national landmark, local LE to be put on high alert and the National Guard and neighboring LE to be on call, maybe your permit should be denied.

Or is that just me?
filly

Post by filly »

Listening to John Heilemann's excellent Hell and High Water podcast. His guest is Frank Figliuzzi. Frank thought this would not amount to much but says since Biden announced the vaccine mandate for federal workers the Proud Boys sites are fired up again. He's also concerned about sites away from DC, particularly in the PNW where the Proud Boy/Anifa fighting is, he says, becoming a weekly ritual.

I don't understand why LE there doesn't crack down on that BS, or if the locals won't why the Governors of Washington and Oregon don't send in some state troops to put a stop to this.

Of course the concern is not limited to the PNW.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:24 pm If your rally requires fencing around a national landmark, local LE to be put on high alert and the National Guard and neighboring LE to be on call, maybe your permit should be denied.

Or is that just me?
:yeahthat: not just you.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

We should do a poll on how many will show up. I'm going with fewer than 500.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I say no more than a 1,000.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Depends on the weather.

Forecast is for sun with a high of 86F.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

2,500-5,000.

Expedia says plenty of room at the Trump International Grift Lodge
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Gregg wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:01 am 2,500-5,000.

Expedia says plenty of room at the Trump International Grift Lodge
Now adjust your estimate and exclude the reporters.
tek

Post by tek »

I dunno, I'm thinking this is gonna end up being 14 guys in the parking lot of a Golden Corral somewhere in northern VA.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Or 1000s of people in cities all across the country, none of them wearing MAGAwear or sharing their video, all wearing masks of some kind but mockingly because they know now: We know you, We can see you and We will turn you in.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Let's see, nice weather vs LEO alert.

High visibility vs...high visibility.

Fuck Biden banners vs no big name speakers, especially no trump.

Showing support for the guys who got caught vs becoming one of the guys who got caught.

I'm going with 1500.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This is Matt Braynard's third rally in DC, he's done others around the country. Here are a few clips of those poorly attended events. Can't find the actual numbers right now, but think Matt said both of the previous events had fewer than 100 people. He said this got more publcity so he doesn't know, but it's nothing like the 1/6 frenzy where folks were posting photos from their airplane flights, Miki Booth was whining she couldn't get room service, etc. Haven't been watching Parlor and on Telegram, if they're organizing they are probably in private groups.

With all the backlash publicity and strangeness like Matt saying no disgraced loser apparel allowed, will take a bet it's less than 500 people. Maybe as few as 250. Since the GoFundMe scam, Matt's been in the wilderness. Hard to imagine without any "stars" and "thought leaders" he's getting much of a crowd.

Matt Braynard @MattBraynard Sep 16
As with the dozen other events we have already held including the two we previously had in the district of columbia, #JusticeforJ6 is a 100% peaceful event in support of the nonviolent offenders from January 6th who have been charged.

Earlier in the topic, posted Braynard's raw footage of his interview with CNN (which he posted on YouTube). Here's the final version (not sure how to embed CNN Videos). His 14 minutes ended up about 2.5 minutes.

He'll be on C-SPAN in a few minutes (8am EDT): Washington Journal
Matt Braynard on "Justice for J6" Rally
“Justice for J6” rally organizer Matt Braynard discusses Saturday’s “Justice for J6” rally in support of those who rioted at the U.S. Capitol on January 6. https://www.c-span.org/video/?514671-3/ ... e-j6-rally

Word on the street is we may see the rally organized to this model:

David Corn Mother Jones 1 hour ago:
The Man Behind Saturday’s Pro-Trump Rally Once Praised a Far-Right Assassin
Matt Braynard, the mastermind of the upcoming protest supporting the Jan. 6 rioters, also tried to overturn the 2020 election.
David Corn Washington, DC, Bureau Chief

A conservative outfit has announced it is organizing a rally on September 18 at the US Capitol to—get this—seek “justice” for the rioters arrested during the insurrectionist raid on Congress on January 6. The man behind this event is a former Trump 2016 campaign aide who after the 2020 election tried to cast himself as an independent elections expert and data analyst who had uncovered evidence of significant voter fraud. He also happens to be someone I’ve done a bit of reporting on. Matt Braynard is the executive director of Look Ahead America, which describes itself as “an America First nonprofit dedicated to standing up for patriotic Americans who have been forgotten by our government.” Last month, he appeared on Steve Bannon’s podcast, Bannon’s War Room, and said that his group would be holding a demonstration at the Capitol “to push back against the phony narrative that there was an insurrection” on January 6. He insisted the mob that assailed Capitol Hill was “largely peaceful,” claiming that “this was a crowd that was egged on in many ways by Capitol police throwing flash-bang grenades into a relatively peaceful crowd.” Egged on? Did he not see even one of the videos from that day? More absurd, Braynard stated that this protest would “demand justice for ­­these political prisoners”—a reference to the seditious marauders, some of whom pleaded guilty, who have been pursued and prosecuted by the FBI and the Justice Department. His statement echoed Trump’s recent comments about the 1/6 rioters in which he said the people arrested were “military people, and they’re police officers, and they’re construction workers. And they’re tremendous, in many cases, tremendous people, tremendous people.” Trump remarked that it was “not right” that so many of them were “currently incarcerated.”

As for the rally on behalf of these “tremendous people” who brutally attacked cops, threatened to lynch Vice President Mike Pence, tried to thwart a constitutional proceeding, and threatened House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Braynard vowed, “It’s going to be huge…We’re going back to the Capitol, right where it started.” So now the Trump gang’s effort to whitewash this day of infamy and treason has a grassroots component that will try to replicate January 6. (Peacefully, of course, right?) I have no idea if Braynard and his organization, which doesn’t have much of a track record, can pull off a major event. (The group has fewer than 6,500 Twitter followers.) But this move further shreds Braynard’s already tattered credibility as a self-proclaimed elections expert whose work was frequently cited by pro-Trump forces to prop up Donald Trump’s Big Lie. After the November election, Braynard, who worked on the data team for Trump’s 2016 campaign, raised over $700,000 for a project that collected supposed evidence of voter fraud. He produced what he described as analyses of the 2020 vote in swing states where he claimed massive amounts of illegal votes had been cast. During a hearing in Arizona, he testified alongside Rudy Giuliani, who as the personal lawyer for Trump was scheming to overturn the election. Braynard’s so-called data was actually used in a number of GOP lawsuits that sought (and failed) to nullify the election in key states. This was a lucrative enterprise for Braynard; he was personally paid large fees to serve as an expert witness on voting data in several of these court cases.

When I interviewed him in November after the election, Braynard insisted that even though he was a Trump superfan, his research was completely objective. He maintained that he “didn’t walk into this with any preconceived notions” regarding the possibility of fraud. He merely wanted to answer a question: “Is this really a clean election?” When Braynard became embroiled in the fight over the Georgia results, he sent a letter to the state’s governor, attorney general, and secretary of state declaring that he had uncovered 21,000 illegal ballots there by analyzing various data sets. His findings were eviscerated by established experts. Stephen Ansolabehere, a Harvard professor and well-known expert in voting and statistics whose own work Braynard had cited in making his case, slammed Braynard’s findings and maintained there was “no scientific basis” for the claims. When Braynard appeared at an “elections investigative hearing” staged by Republicans in the Georgia House of Representatives, a Democratic legislator made mincemeat of his research. She had contacted people on his list of supposed illegal voters and discovered they in fact had voted properly in the 2020 election. Confronted by this damning information, Braynard had little to say. It was such a thorough and humiliating takedown that the exchange went viral.

With his announcement of a pro-January 6 demonstration, Braynard has revealed himself beyond any doubt to be the Trump toadie he pretended he wasn’t when he was trying to concoct evidence to back up Trump’s baseless accusations of election fraud. Characterizing the January 6 riot as a peaceful gathering, with any violence that occurred being the fault of the Capitol Hill cops, is an act of delusionary and pernicious propaganda. It is also potentially dangerous, as he attempts to create yet another grievance for Trump’s violent-prone loyalists. (In March, Braynard attended a conference held by the organization run by white nationalist Nick Fuentes, according to the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights.) There’s this other revealing detail. In 2017, Braynard, as part of the coursework for an MFA he was pursuing at Columbia University, created a literary magazine called Otoya, which was billed as a “Literary Journal of the New Nationalism.” The publication, Braynard explained in a brief editor’s note, was titled in honor of Otoya Yamaguchi, whose name may not be familiar to people outside of Japan. In 1960, Yamaguchi, a 17-year-old right-wing ultranationalist in Japan, brutally murdered Inejirō Asanuma, a legislator and chairman of the Japan Socialist Party. Yamaguchi stabbed Asanuma with a samurai sword at a televised election debate. The image capturing the horrific moment became one of the most famous news photos of the 20th century. After being arrested, Yamaguchi committed suicide and became a hero of the Japanese far right.

And he’s a hero for Braynard, too. His note described this murderer as a courageous nationalist who valiantly killed a leftist. He pointed out that Yamaguchi shared a birthdate “with another great patriot who put bayonets through the enemies who threatened his nation, George Washington.” In our interview, I asked Braynard about his admiration for Yamaguchi. He recalled visiting Cambodia, where he says he saw piles of skulls of victims who had been murdered during the bloody reign of the Khmer Rouge. “I think [Yamaguchi] may have prevented the same thing from happening in his own country,” Braynard said. “He should be memorialized and remembered.” Huh? There was no relationship between the leader of an established socialist party and Pol Pot, the psychopathic leader of the Khmer Rouge who was responsible for the genocide of between 1.5 and 2 million Cambodians. Braynard was justifying a murderous act of political violence with historical gobbledygook. (Only one issue of Otoya was published.) Braynard shows there is no distance between pushing the Big Lie and whitewashing the recent history of January 6. Both endeavors are essential and intertwined parts of the Trump cult’s assault on democracy. Braynard said there will be high-profile speakers at the September event, including members of Congress. Maybe. Given his research work after the election—and his description of what occurred on January 6—it’s not clear his powers of observation can be trusted. But his current venture was granted the Bannon seal of approval, an important imprimatur in Trumpworld. And that’s just another sign the Trumpists will not give up their attempts to deny reality to serve their Dear Leader. In this crusade, Braynard is a loyal foot soldier.
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... urrection/

As always, they will not confirm or deny, but some chatter was picked up that there may be a regiment from the 699th circling the event and ready to dive bomb if necessary. Calls to Lt. Root Beer's people were not returned. There was some indication that doughnuts were picked up from Wacob Wohl's 25th floor Washington DC apartment along with a case of Pup-Peroni, but it could be a coincidence.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”