Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Trump DOJ Scandals

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
filly

The Trump DOJ Scandals

Post by filly »

filly

Re: The Trump DOJ Scandals

Post by filly »

filly

Post by filly »

Link to NYT story and Eric Swalwell saying they went after him too:

gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

It looks like it is time for Merrick Garland to be asked by the committee WTF was and is going on at the DOJ.
filly

Post by filly »

gshevlin2 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 am It looks like it is time for Merrick Garland to be asked by the committee WTF was and is going on at the DOJ.
Yes.

While reporting might be incomplete right now, the data sought seems to be for a discrete period of time. The the DOJ kicked around, the "investigation" petered out until Billy Barr was installed and revived it. Billy brought in a prosecutor from NJ. And still the gag order (that we know about) was renewed three times! I wonder what federal judge thought that was a good idea and what he/she were told to get the order renewed.

There's alot to uncover and most commentators last night think this story is just the tip of the iceberg.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I want to know why Apple caved so quickly unlocking these records, but blocked opening up anything from the San Bernardino shooter a few years back. How does that work Apple? They dodged what, like a dozen court orders to unlock that bad boy, but Schiff and Swalwell they just roll over for? WTF?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I wonder if this can somehow be tied to the Durham investigation that, I believe, is ongoing.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

gshevlin2 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:21 am It looks like it is time for Merrick Garland to be asked by the committee WTF was and is going on at the DOJ.
Did the T clan get their own Deep State installed in the last four years?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

If they didn't, it wasn't for lack of trying.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

filly wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:31 am :snippity:
There's alot to uncover and most commentators last night think this story is just the tip of the iceberg.
I have no doubt of that, I think it's going to be years before we discover all the corruption and dirty deeds of the Trump Administration and I hope when it all finally hits the fan it lands them all in a Federal prison somewhere. :boxing:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It's official. DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz:

The DOJ Office of the Inspector General is initiating a review of DOJ's use of subpoenas and other legal authorities to obtain communication records of Members of Congress and affiliated persons.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Is anyone else enjoying the constant replay of Kamala questioning Barr during Senate hearing?

Also, unless I'm blind (possible), I can't see on the Fox New website where they're reporting this.
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 pm Is anyone else enjoying the constant replay of Kamala questioning Barr during Senate hearing?

Also, unless I'm blind (possible), I can't see on the Fox New website where they're reporting this.
Politico has a story up where Billy Barr tries to distance himself from this. Good luck with that.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 pm Is anyone else enjoying the constant replay of Kamala questioning Barr during Senate hearing?

Politico has a story up where Billy Barr tries to distance himself from this. Good luck with that.
Just now reading it. Surprise. Not.
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:20 pm

May be the fastest he’s ever moved in his life.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:25 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:20 pm
May be the fastest he’s ever moved in his life.
:rotflmao:
tek

Post by tek »

We now know why he was being so transparently evasive answering that question.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

this is scary
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tek wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Indeed.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

covfefe wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 am I want to know why Apple caved so quickly unlocking these records, but blocked opening up anything from the San Bernardino shooter a few years back. How does that work Apple? They dodged what, like a dozen court orders to unlock that bad boy, but Schiff and Swalwell they just roll over for? WTF?
If I recall correctly, the San Bernardino shooter request involved unlocking someone's phone, while this one only involved metadata that would be up on Apple's servers.

But it would also not surprise me if Apple has gotten more cooperative. They take a lot of heat for customer privacy stuff, and the technoweenie crowd who normally love privacy tend to see hating Apple as a virtue signal, so hard to say how much good will it gets them.
filly

Post by filly »

tek wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:51 pm

Do we? Maybe they launched an investigation into Kamala. I doubt they only went after Schiff and Swalwell when Trump had so many others he hated.
filly

Post by filly »

Sessions don't know nuttin' either:

filly

Post by filly »

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

filly wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm Politico has a story up where Billy Barr tries to distance himself from this. Good luck with that.
Sadly, he only has to distance himself enough to say 'at least I am not as bad as Obama spying on the Trump campaign!'
somerset

Post by somerset »

neeneko wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:49 pm
covfefe wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:51 am I want to know why Apple caved so quickly unlocking these records, but blocked opening up anything from the San Bernardino shooter a few years back. How does that work Apple? They dodged what, like a dozen court orders to unlock that bad boy, but Schiff and Swalwell they just roll over for? WTF?
If I recall correctly, the San Bernardino shooter request involved unlocking someone's phone, while this one only involved metadata that would be up on Apple's servers.

But it would also not surprise me if Apple has gotten more cooperative. They take a lot of heat for customer privacy stuff, and the technoweenie crowd who normally love privacy tend to see hating Apple as a virtue signal, so hard to say how much good will it gets them.
I don't think this is the case. Even back when the San Bernardino shooting happened, Apple made a point of saying that they had fully complied with a subpoena asking for their iCloud data (all data, not just metadata). When that data didn't yield what the FBI was looking for, they asked Apple to create a new version of iOS that had a back door so LE could get into the phone (that they'd already screwed up by ham-handedly trying multiple passwords). Apple declined to create an insecure version of their operating system just for LE, knowing that it would be leaked.

As for iCloud, it's worth noting that Apple does not recommend that employees use it for company information ;)

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”