Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

bob

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by bob »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:20 pm Either he's telling the truth or he isn't. How does a photo with Nancy Pelosi change that or a tweet saying "Racism is so American that when you protest it they think you're protesting America"?
Why don't you comprehend that bad-faith actors will continue to make bad-faith arguments that a large segment of the population will readily accept, endorse, repeat, and amplify?

There is no omnipresent, omnipotent truth squad.
Image ImageImage
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

bob wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:28 pm
DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:20 pm Either he's telling the truth or he isn't. How does a photo with Nancy Pelosi change that or a tweet saying "Racism is so American that when you protest it they think you're protesting America"?
Why don't you comprehend that bad-faith actors will continue to make bad-faith arguments that a large segment of the population will readily accept, endorse, repeat, and amplify?

There is no omnipresent, omnipotent truth squad.

Because that is how we got into this mess.
bob

Post by bob »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm Because that is how we got into this mess.
It exactly is, and wishful thinking won't help us to exit it.
Image ImageImage
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

bob wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:34 pm
DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:32 pm Because that is how we got into this mess.
It exactly is, and wishful thinking won't help us to exit it.

Then what will?
bob

Post by bob »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm Then what will?
Certainly not this pointless endeavor.

/out.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hey, on the timing and the delay... part of it is that everybody's away in August. In September, many more people will be watching and paying attention. Also, it gives them time to line everything up with the subpoenas. (That's from a few House friends, just reporting.)

Here's the full Adam Kinzinger* Wolf Blitzer interview, 19 minutes.

Cross-posting from Gym's topic:
Don's pause after hearing Gym's ridiculous lying is epic. 700K views in a day, wow.

Don Lemon on Jim Jordan: Does this guy seem nervous to you?
699,728 views Jul 30, 2021

* This is in spoiler because it's about Adam FanFic (but it's true)
► Show Spoiler
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Susan Collins says on CNN that she thinks it was wrong for Pelosi to pick which Republicans serve on the Jan 6 committee, suggests she wasn't troubled by the idea of material witness Jim Jordan serving on it because "there were many communications with President Trump" on Jan 6
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly

Post by filly »

Oh, look who's representing T**** now:

Another fool of a lawyer who won't get paid. Also, too, bargaining seems a little low rent.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: "... to defend the Office of the Presidency... "

*** checks calendar ***

:think: January 20, 2021 is already history ...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Can we rename the commission “Fear Factor”?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
tek

Post by tek »

Office of the "Presidency" ?

In any event, Donnie, you are not associated with that office.

Remember that "Executive Privilege" thing? I don't think you can assert it any longer.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:bored: August 13 :bored:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

tek wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:05 pm Office of the "Presidency" ?

Remember that "Executive Privilege" thing? I don't think you can assert it any longer.
See The Western Great Schism when the Church had two Popes. One in Rome, the other in Avignon.
https://www.christian-history.org/weste ... chism.html
The Western Great Schism began on September 20, 1378 with the election of Clement VII in Avignon, France. He was the second pope elected by the same college of cardinals in six months, and for the first time in history there were two "legitimate" claimants to be head of the church in Rome

Resolving the Western Great Schism:
An Armed Attempt
Clement chose to make peace using a method commonly employed by popes in medievel times. He gathered an army to kill or unseat his rival.

He failed.
This is what we are seeing with T****'s claim
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:31 pm
tek wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:05 pm Office of the "Presidency" ?

See The Western Great Schism when the Church had two Popes. One in Rome, the other in Avignon.
https://www.christian-history.org/weste ... chism.html
The Western Great Schism began on September 20, 1378 with the election of Clement VII in Avignon, France. He was the second pope elected by the same college of cardinals in six months, and for the first time in history there were two "legitimate" claimants to be head of the church in Rome

Resolving the Western Great Schism:
An Armed Attempt
Clement chose to make peace using a method commonly employed by popes in medievel times. He gathered an army to kill or unseat his rival.

He failed.
This is what we are seeing with T****'s claim
TFG is couping. Every day.

Apparently that's not against the law.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/0 ... doj-502628
A key House committee has postponed multiple scheduled witness interviews about Donald Trump’s final days in office, handing them off to the select panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack.

“As the Oversight Committee continues its crucial oversight work, we look forward to the Select Committee fully exposing the former president’s unconstitutional attacks on our democracy and attempts to stay in power after the American people voted him out of office," House Oversight Chair Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.) said in a statement Thursday.

The movement of those interviews with former Justice Department aides marks an abrupt change in House Democrats’ investigations of the end of Trump’s presidency. The shift underscores the growing importance of the select committee's work as it readies its next steps with a political spotlight on Chair Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) and the panel's two anti-Trump Republicans, Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming and Adam Kinzinger of Illinois.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.axios.com/former-gop-congre ... gn=organic
Former Virginia Rep. Denver Riggleman will join the staff serving the House select committee in its investigation of the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, CNN reported Friday.

Why it matters: The former Air Force intelligence officer is the third Republican Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has brought on to the select panel, which Republican lawmakers have attacked as partisan.

Reps. Liz Cheney (Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (Ill.) are the only Republican lawmakers on the committee, but Riggleman brings a high profile as a former member of Congress.

His experience in national security also brings added legitimacy to the investigation.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rosen is cooperating talking to the IG looks like we have a conspiracy

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
filly

Post by filly »

Looks like Rosen is getting out ahead of Doug Collins:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:popcorn:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This is a must read/file: time-line of one thread of the ongoing coup in Nov/Dec 2020. Featuring Mark Meadows, Rosen, Barr, et al. Appearances by Giuliani, Milley (telling Meadows the military is "not stupid" so he'd better not mess with intel agency heads), Squidney, and Cipolloni.

https://www.justsecurity.org/77681/mark ... -election/

Do we have a thread for what should be, hopefully will be, the case against the former guy and his minions?

Mark Meadows Timeline: The Chief of Staff and Schemes to Overturn 2020 Election
Former White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, was directly involved at major intersections of President Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election. What follows is a detailed timeline of all the publicly available information.

The timeline shows why Meadows may face significant criminal exposure for directly participating in a scheme to pressure the Justice Department to investigate baseless election fraud claims. The timeline also describes a “parallel track” reportedly created by Meadows and Rudy Giuliani, and Meadows’ repeated involvement in Donald Trump and the Trump campaign’s political efforts.
filly

Post by filly »

Portia that is a good reference piece. A few typos but I can get past that. Hopefully they will continue it with updates.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:39 pm This is a must read/file: time-line of one thread of the ongoing coup in Nov/Dec 2020. Featuring Mark Meadows, Rosen, Barr, et al. Appearances by Giuliani, Milley (telling Meadows the military is "not stupid" so he'd better not mess with intel agency heads), Squidney, and Cipolloni.

I read that with my jaw in my lap, and I thought I was pretty well-up on all their cahootin'.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:25 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:39 pm This is a must read/file: time-line of one thread of the ongoing coup in Nov/Dec 2020. Featuring Mark Meadows, Rosen, Barr, et al. Appearances by Giuliani, Milley (telling Meadows the military is "not stupid" so he'd better not mess with intel agency heads), Squidney, and Cipolloni.

I read that with my jaw in my lap, and I thought I was pretty well-up on all their cahootin'.
Me too. So now we find out if DOJ / Democrats will rise to the occasion or just let the country continue to die due to their own calumny and addiction to power.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”