Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

January 6 Select Committee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by raison de arizona »

Now Congressional subpoenas are illegal? And those that comply with them will be "held accountable" by Republicans? Oh Kevin, quite the leader are you. I think we are going to need some details on this one, darling Kevs.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Kevin is probably sh|%%ing his paints in fear that the truth would ever come out about January 6th.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

TY for the Twitter link, Kendra :lovestruck:

Gosar, Biggs & Brooks will love this! Will have to remind Trumpers that 1/6 is thoroughly a Bipartisan Committee and they should applaud everyone working together. :P
Jan. 6 panel taps Cheney as its vice chair
The move is likely to ignite further divisions among House Republicans.
By NICHOLAS WU 09/02/2021 07:00 AM EDT

Rep. Bennie Thompson, the chair of the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, announced Thursday he picked Rep. Liz Cheney as the panel’s vice chair — further elevating the Wyoming Republican just as the panel begins intensely investigating the role of Donald Trump and his allies may have played in the assault. “Representative Cheney has demonstrated again and again her commitment to getting answers about January 6th, ensuring accountability, and doing whatever it takes to protect democracy for the American people,” Thompson (D-Miss.) said in a statement. “Her leadership and insights have shaped the early work of the Select Committee, and this appointment underscores the bipartisan nature of this effort.”

Cheney had already been serving as the de facto top Republican on the committee, one of only two appointed by Speaker Nancy Pelosi to serve after GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy urged a boycott. Cheney gave an opening statement after Thompson at the panel’s first hearing, and Cheney has already had an outsize say in staffing the committee, along with the other Republican member, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.). But her elevation to vice chair will give her greater sway as the panel moves forward with its investigation. The committee has ramped up its inquiry in the last week, sending a flurry of requests to federal agencies, social media platforms, and telecommunications companies asking to preserve records and documents related to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and efforts by Trump or his allies to overturn the 2020 election.

McCarthy earlier this week threatened telecommunications companies who furnished records to the select committee, warning them in a statement that a “Republican majority will not forget.” In a statement on her appointment as vice chair of the select panel, Cheney reiterated her resolve to pursue the truth about the insurrection and vowed the committee would not be “deterred by threats or attempted obstruction.” “Every member of this committee is dedicated to conducting a non-partisan, professional, and thorough investigation of all the relevant facts regarding January 6th and the threat to our Constitution we faced that day. I have accepted the position of Vice-Chair of the committee to assure that we achieve that goal,” she said.

The move is likely to heighten tensions among House Republicans. Thompson’s announcement comes as Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), the chair of the hard-right Freedom Caucus, asked House Republican leadership to change party rules to remove Cheney and Kinzinger from the Republican Conference. The two were “spies for the Democrats,” wrote Biggs in a letter, adding that they could not be trusted “to sit in on our Republican Conference meetings while we plan our defense against the Democrats.” McCarthy has so far largely declined to act against Cheney and Kinzinger for accepting roles on the select committee despite pressure from other House Republicans to punish them. But Republicans did remove Cheney from her position in House Republican leadership earlier this year over her outspoken criticism of Trump.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/0 ... ney-508715

Waiting for the "hooray!" replies to come pouring in! :dance:

And already an admission! :thumbsup:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics ... index.html
(CNN)House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is among a group of GOP lawmakers whose phone records are of interest to the select committee investigating the deadly January 6 riot on Capitol Hill, CNN has learned.

The committee asked a group of telecommunication companies to preserve phone records belonging to McCarthy, along with several other House Republicans, earlier this week.

On Monday, CNN first reported the existence of an evolving list of lawmakers whose phone records the committee wanted preserved. At the time of CNN's reporting, McCarthy's name had not been added to a draft version of the list, but by the time the document was finalized and sent to the telecommunications companies later that same day, it was included.

But since the final list was submitted on Monday afternoon, CNN has received information that McCarthy's name was, in fact, included along with several other lawmakers and hundreds of other individuals.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Why are all shreaking about privacy? The request has only been made to the telecom companies to preserve the records, no details have been requested to date!

If members of the Congress on Jan 6 talked to some specimen of tourist on that day, the FBI will know that already, cause they have the phone records of the defendants. Also phone connections made to and from the WH, including the then special resident, are on record from the government side.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:49 pm Why are all shreaking about privacy? The request has only been made to the telecom companies to preserve the records, no details have been requested to date!
You can't wind up the base and fundraise on "preserve the records." You think the actual facts are behind the rights shrieking?

Too also, they must perform for their master who is even weaker about reality than the base.
101010 :towel:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And republicans really on top of their game sending a message to the CEO of Yahoo! about not disclosing records... I don't know anyone who has a yahoo email anymore. Marissa Mayer hasn't even been CEO since 2017

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
tek

Post by tek »

More theater.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Why do they limit themselves to "legal" remedies? That seems way too restrictive for their usual procedures.
tek

Post by tek »

Idiots.

The very first paragraph is a lie. And the footnote they use to support it doesn't support it.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I know I'm stating the obvious, but considering how they treat anyone else who screams privacy invasion, it just reinforces the perception of guilt, whether guilty or not. Sure, tell the public they're very disappointed the commission would sink to that level, but to threaten retribution?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:25 pm I know I'm stating the obvious, but considering how they treat anyone else who screams privacy invasion, it just reinforces the perception of guilt, whether guilty or not. Sure, tell the public they're very disappointed the commission would sink to that level, but to threaten retribution?
Yes, the message seems to be: "Elect a QOP House in 2022, make Kevin McCarthy the Speaker of the House, and we will put the telecom companies out of business." Sounds good. Who needs a cell phone anyway?

As tek noted, the letter is really stoopid. They claim there is no valid legislative purpose for the Jan. 6 Committee to request these records and then say they will pass retributive legislation with no legislative purpose.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Do blackmailers usually sign their blackmail letters?

I want to make sure I do it right.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I have a yahoo email account fwiw
Hic sunt dracones
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Suranis wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:48 pm I have a yahoo email account fwiw
:yeahthat: Me too, only used on rare occasions at a couple of sites but I still have it.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

me three..
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:27 pm me three..
me four...
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Me 5. I’ve had it so long I still get the unlimited storage. I’ve been using it as a cloud for 20 years.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Me 6. It's my junk account (stores, news, etc.). If it wasn't junk before, once the politicians got a hold of it, that's what it became.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Me 7.

It's my oldest email account, one I'll give to almost anyone. It was early enough that my user name is merely my maiden name, only 8 letters long, no additional number necessary. Ok, my maiden name isn't the most common, but still.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I had one many many years ago. Probably still do but never check it (and probably forgot the login). My Mother in Law has one. She had some weird thing where her screen name changed after AT&T bought Yahoo. I had to fix it for her.
bob

Post by bob »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:24 pmI don't know anyone who has a yahoo email anymore.
Yes, you do. :bag:
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:24 pm And republicans really on top of their game sending a message to the CEO of Yahoo! about not disclosing records... I don't know anyone who has a yahoo email anymore. Marissa Mayer hasn't even been CEO since 2017

https:// twitter.com/AndrewSolender/status/1433866299336269826/photo/1
:oopsy: :shh:

The email address behind this account is at said provider ;) It's the one I use for my incognito self on the web. My first non-AOL (now who still remembers them?) was (and still is) a Y account, though dormant and not used in years. And Y provides me with another handful of email account that sometimes get used for trolling.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Yeah, I still use my Yahoo account too, also. It's my spam catcher account.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”