January 6 Select Committee

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: January 6 Commission

Post by AndyinPA »

I saw that. I'm guessing he will be on MSNBC at some point today. That was pretty shocking.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
filly

Post by filly »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:32 am I saw that. I'm guessing he will be on MSNBC at some point today. That was pretty shocking.
I wasn’t shocked. These people tried to murder him! FSU I gets this crap all the time too. Deplorable but not shocking, sadly,
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Outraged, but not shocked. This is how they roll.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:39 am Outraged, but not shocked. This is how they roll.
Yeah, better word.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I've been out of town with limited time to follow the 1/6 commission. I was surprised to see that yesterday is it for public hearings for a month. What's up with that? What is the point of one hearing and then weeks of silence. My first thought was how stupid it was to go to great lengths, with damn good reason, to draw attention to the commission and the facts--and then drop the ball, publicly, for so long.

Side note: It was frustrating to come to this threat to try to get updates and see so much Gym Jordan crap about what he's doing. My vote would be to keep this thread for reporting on what the commission and the witnesses say and do.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

August recess?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Don't have a link, but I saw someone on the news (Cheney) say they're going to be meeting behind doors to decide on next steps they're taking.
tek

Post by tek »

Yeah, scheduled recess.

But the committee is meeting before recess (today, maybe?) and I'm hoping the purpose of that meeting is to get some subpoenas out - so they can get ground through before the meat of the hearings in September.

Well, I can dream :daydreaming:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's how I understood it. They're skipping requests for appearances and going straight for the subpoenas.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 pm There's now a government website for the committee, so we can look up hearings, etc. I notice there's a tip link on the home page.

https://january6th.house.gov/
Reposting link for anyone who missed it upthread.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 pm Side note: It was frustrating to come to this thread to try to get updates and see so much Gym Jordan crap about what he's doing. My vote would be to keep this thread for reporting on what the commission and the witnesses say and do.
I think Jordan's stuff ended up here because the entire point of his noise was to distract from the commission which means, his statements were only made because the commission was starting up. In that way, it is very much on topic on what the commission is doing and how some are reacting to it.
101010 :towel:
filly

Post by filly »

northland10 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:32 pm
p0rtia wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:19 pm Side note: It was frustrating to come to this thread to try to get updates and see so much Gym Jordan crap about what he's doing. My vote would be to keep this thread for reporting on what the commission and the witnesses say and do.
I think Jordan's stuff ended up here because the entire point of his noise was to distract from the commission which means, his statements were only made because the commission was starting up. In that way, it is very much on topic on what the commission is doing and how some are reacting to it.
Ummm. Maybe we could start a thread called "The Gym Jordan Clown Car" where all of his bullshit and the rest of the distractions from the business of government can go.
raison de arizona

:yeahthat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

via alternet.org: https://www.alternet.org/2021/07/jim-jo ... 654069187/
Speaking with Fox News host Bret Baier on Tuesday, Rep. Jim Jordan admitted that he spoke to then-President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, a fact that could make him a crucial witness for the select committee that he has been eager to join.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona

Flatpoint High wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:13 pm via alternet.org: https://www.alternet.org/2021/07/jim-jo ... 654069187/
Speaking with Fox News host Bret Baier on Tuesday, Rep. Jim Jordan admitted that he spoke to then-President Donald Trump on Jan. 6, a fact that could make him a crucial witness for the select committee that he has been eager to join.
Yeah, I saw that. Gym sure didn't want to admit talking to tfg on 1/6, Baier (to his credit) really had to keep after Gym to get him to cop to it finally.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:22 pmAugust recess?
Which they could cancel if they thought there was a good enough reason. Like a terrorist attack or something.

But seriously, my surprise is because they seem to be undercutting their own momentum. I thought we were going to get a series of hearings that were going to go on for an lengthy time. My bad for getting it wrong--but I doubt I'm the only one. This is not what they were promoting.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:59 pm There's now a government website for the committee, so we can look up hearings, etc. I notice there's a tip link on the home page.

https://january6th.house.gov/
Reposting link for anyone who missed it upthread.
Thanks, Kendra!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:17 pm
Chilidog wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:22 pmAugust recess?
Which they could cancel if they thought there was a good enough reason. Like a terrorist attack or something.

But seriously, my surprise is because they seem to be undercutting their own momentum. I thought we were going to get a series of hearings that were going to go on for an lengthy time. My bad for getting it wrong--but I doubt I'm the only one. This is not what they were promoting.
:yeahthat: I am really disappointed. I think it was stupid to rush out the gate and then just stop for who knows how long. Very poor planning, IMO.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:13 am I haven't found the video yet, but Officer Fanone was on CNN's New Day this morning. Apparently he received a very nasty, foul mouthed, threatening voice mail while he was testifying yesterday. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Before you listen, I can't emphasize enough how offensive this is. It is played uncensored.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I am ashamed of America
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm I am ashamed of America
As am I.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:16 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm I am ashamed of America
As am I.
Me three.
Edit: Adam Kinzinger gave Wolf Blitzer a very extensive interview this afternoon. Worth a watching if you have a chance. I'll post the link if I find it.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Kudos for CNN and Don Lemon for playing it uncensored. Hope the asshole is soon identified.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm
Edit: Adam Kinzinger gave Wolf Blitzer a very extensive interview this afternoon. Worth a watching if you have a chance. I'll post the link if I find it.
Will definitely be on the lookout for that, thanks!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 pm
Kendra wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm
Will definitely be on the lookout for that, thanks!
https:// twitter.com/Porter_Anderson/status/1420516706498269186?s=20
Thanks, I've been doing other things and too lazy to look yet :faint: :bag:
Edit: Ooops, I thought you linked the actual video. Back on the hunt...

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”