Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Trump got his wall

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
noblepa

Trump got his wall

Post by noblepa »

. . . at the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/politics ... index.html

Apparently, there are some major security upgrades being done to the WH grounds. They've dug up a big chunk of the lawn. The President has to board Marine One at the Ellipse, rather than the WH lawn.

The article intimates that they are digging large conduits or some sort, for undisclosed purposes. I can imagine that the kind of secure communications that the WH needs would require such conduits.

How long before the RWNJ conspiracy theorists "discover" that these conduits are some sort of secret tunnel system, to allow Biden to escape the coming revolution or some such nonsense?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Trump got his wall

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.rawstory.com/we-build-the-w ... um=twitter
Embattled 'We Build the Wall' group admits they can't pay lawyer after raising millions: report
...The group, whose advisory board includes former Trump advisers Steve Bannon and Kris Kobach, as well as wealthy Blackwater founder Eric Prince, has reportedly been stiffing their legal representation, leading McAllen, Texas lawyer David Oliveira to request withdrawing as one of their attorneys.
With the judge granting Oliveria's request and telling Kobach he needs to find new layers, the former Trump adviser told the judge, "It might be expensive and few of us have the assets right now to cover a retainer. So we are willing to let counsel step aside but we would like a fairly generous bit of time to find local counsel and also perhaps have a picture of what it involves," only to have Judge Crane admonish him by stating, "This case just keeps getting delayed and delayed; 90 days seems like a long time."

"Finding a lawyer I don't think is a big problem. I think finding a lawyer who is willing to risk not getting paid is probably the issue here."
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Shirley the doubled impotus will gladly jump in and guarantee bazillions to keep His Wall up :?:

:twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:27 pm Shirley the doubled impotus will gladly jump in and guarantee bazillions to keep His Wall up :?:

:twisted:
IIRC tfg was perturbed about being cut out of this particular grift and has kept his distance.

Found this:
:snippity:
Trump told reporters at the White House that he felt “very badly” about the charges, but sought to distance himself from Bannon and the alleged scheme.

“I do think it’s a sad event,” Trump said. “I haven’t dealt with him at all now for years, literally years.”

Trump said he knew little about the project. But one of those involved, former Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, said in 2019 that Trump had offered his support, according to the New York Times.
:snippity:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN25G1J4

tfg COULD have pardoned Bannon, but he didn't.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

He did pardon Bannon.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

northland10 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:44 pm He did pardon Bannon.
Goddammit, I can't keep up with who he did and didn't pardon anymore. That's right, these are state charges now, aren't they? Don't answer, I'll look it up.

:bag:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”