Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

#AZAudit Maricopa & Other Arizona County Election Audits - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Pulitzer / Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Re: #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Post by Slarti the White »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:35 pm
Slarti the White wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:23 pm :snippity:
Hmpf.

If the original equation is u''(t) - xu(t) = f(x) [which is what I assume from the context] then the solutions are a linear space if for every h(t) and g(t) that are solutions, ah(t)+bg(t) are solutions for all real numbers a and b. So, doing the math...

(ah(t)+bg(t))'' - x(ah(t)+bg(t)) = a(h''(t) - xh(t)) + b(g''(t) - xg(t)) = af(x) + bf(x) = (a+b)f(x) =? f(x)

For the solutions to be linear, this must hold for ANY a and b. In other words, f(x) = 0.
Ummmm..forget layman's terms.....do you speak English...

I'll come in again... :bag:
That's better than English, it's math.
:towel:
Phoenix

Re: #AZAudit Maricopa Arizona Election Audit - #CyberNinjas / Jovan Hutton Pulitzer / Karen Fann / Birther Ken Bennett

Post by Phoenix »

Aha! That’s what I thought!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
► Show Spoiler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Interesting article listing CN's bullshit claims with MCBOS replies.
Contractors hired by Arizona Senate Republicans to oversee a partisan review of the 2020 election said Thursday that they don't have enough information yet to complete their report, and they want legislators to subpoena more records and survey tens of thousands of voters at home.

Leaders of the GOP audit told the state Senate in a livestreamed meeting Thursday that their review is taking months longer than the 60 days initially planned because of issues including confusion about damaged ballots and a lack of access to some data.
:snippity:

Senate Republicans had already planned to canvass homes and ask people about their voting patterns, but in May dropped the idea under pressure from the U.S. Department of Justice, which warned the effort could violate laws against voter intimidation. Senate President Karen Fann said Thursday she would consult with lawyers before deciding whether to proceed.

The county explained, "The people who vote in-person use ballots provided at a Vote Center. This is not a new practice, so it's not unusual that we would have more early votes than mail-in ballots sent." The county also said that that Logan's method of tallying the early ballots that had been sent and received was incorrect.

Fann told reporters after the meeting that she was still considering new procedures as part of the audit, which is focused on the vote count in Maricopa County, Arizona's largest county.

Logan and two others — Ben Cotton, head of the data forensics firm CyFIR and former Republican Secretary of State Ken Bennett, who is serving as a liaison between the Senate and the auditors — raised a number of issues during the meeting, many misleading or wrong, that they said could be resolved with more data or cooperation from Maricopa County. The county's Republican-controlled Board of Supervisors has called the auditors incompetent and refused to cooperate.

"That's been one of the more difficult things with this audit, is not having that feedback loop," Logan said.

Fann says no audit findings will be released until a full report is completed. But Logan and Cotton made several claims in their plea for more information before they can complete it. Among the records they're seeking are images of mail-in ballot envelopes, security keys for administrator-level access to voting machines, copies of internet routers, a diagram of the county's network and a copy of the county's voter-registration database.
So, the senate has for months essentially claimed that the MCBOS didn't know what they were doing or violated the law. They hired CN. CN is saying that they can't do the job they were hired to do unless MCBOS tells them how they ran the election.

"We can't find evidence of a crime unless the criminals tell us how they committed the crime!"

No legitimate auditing group would need help from election officials after receiving the materials needed. The entire point of an audit is to evaluate election results without interference from those that compiled the election results.

No lawyer is going to recommend that CN canvass door to door. Fann knows this is never going to happen. But she fans the flame. She also knows that a large number of those to be canvassed won't cooperate. The majority of Arizonans think this entire process is bullshit. And just how long would CN need to canvass at least 80,000 voters door to door?

So, Fann is looking at subpoenaing more info. Wtf?! She's had forever to subpoena Dominion, which is exactly what a judge told her to do if CN wants admin access to the voting machines. She knows that no judge will give CN a complete diagram of the county router system. Won't happen. They know that no judge will order the release a copy of of the county's internet routers. Not going to happen. In GA, a judge denied a request for a company to access voter's signatures. I doubt an AZ judge would agree to releasing signatures. And no judge is going to order the release of the voter registration data base.

CN wants digital copies of voter's signatures and wants to match the signatures to voter's personal info. That is exactly how fraud happens. CNs wants what would give repubs the ability to commit fraud.

Every single thing CNs wants will not be obtained by subpoena. They know that. The senate knows that.

Bottom line. CN knows that the report they currently have will be ripped to shreds. They know they're too far underwater to survive this.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Not to mention, they have been screaming about the county not sending stuff that was subpoenaed but I don't recall them going to court to enforce compliance (at least in terms of the routers).
101010 :towel:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

northland10 wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:07 pm Not to mention, they have been screaming about the county not sending stuff that was subpoenaed but I don't recall them going to court to enforce compliance (at least in terms of the routers).
They haven't. They know that they're only allowed access to election related materials from the MCBOS. The routers don't belong to the MCBOS dept. They belong to the entire county.

I wish the senate would subpoena the routers. They'd get squashed and have to move on to a different issue to whine about.

They did try to force MCBOS to give them admin access to Dominion's machines. A judge ruled that because the MCBOS doesn't have possession of those passwords, the senate has to subpoena Dominion. The senate knows Dominion will embarrass them in court so the senate hasn't pursued Dominion.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Slarti, are you sure? Realist said f(x) = 1. :lol:

TY TRL! Using that AP article to bat down some of the pathetic sore losers. Have been having some fun calling them sore losers and spanking them, https://twitter.com/Orly_licious/with_replies for a few laughs.

Etc. :P

And this is a fine thread:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

One more thing: Turns out the idiotic (yet hunky) Jordan "Spunk Log" Conradson is running the @AuditWarRoom account. Ken Bennett always dodged who it was but kept saying how idiotic it was.

OrlyLicious Flag of United States 9h
NEW: Now we know. @AuditWarRoom is run by Gateway Pundit's Jordan "Spunk Log" Conradson @ConradsonJordan. Another political hack & grifter at the #AZAudit. @FannKfann @ArizonaAudit @AZSenateGOP should be recalled by voters & #CyberNinjas & these fraudsters should go to jail.

This is Garrett Archer from ABC Phoenix (and a good follow for AZAudit):

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

(6 x 5) / 3 + 11 = 21

Since 3 + 11 are not in brackets, but the 6 x 5 are, we know to multiply six by five (thirty), divide by three (ten), and then add the eleven (twenty one).
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:15 am (6 x 5) / 3 + 11 = 21

Since 3 + 11 are not in brackets, but the 6 x 5 are, we know to multiply six by five (thirty), divide by three (ten), and then add the eleven (twenty one).
Pffff - you are a victim of mainstream media :twisted:
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:23 am Slarti, are you sure? Realist said f(x) = 1. :lol:

<rant>
A colleague of mine once said that the best part about being a scientist is finding out that you are wrong -- it's when you learn something. But the best part about being a mathematician is knowing when you are right and when you are a scientist. In this case, I showed my work -- in other words, I proved what I said by deriving the condition for the set of solutions to the given differential equation to be a linear space, namely "(a+b)f(x) = f(x)" for all real numbers a and b. In order for that condition to be true, f(x) must be zero for all x. You don't get to argue with math - evah! If you can find a mistake in my derivation you will prove me wrong, if there is no flaw in my reasoning then I am right (alternately, if I made incorrect assumptions, say I misinterpreted Gregg's original comment due to the notational issues, then my proof is not relevant -- neither right nor wrong).

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and is entitled to believe whatever they wish to believe.

For an opinion to be scientific, it must be falsifiable (but not falsified) -- in other words, there must be some possible evidence that would convince you that you were wrong. A consequence of this is that there can be NO possible evidence that would convince you that you are completely right. This is critically important because science can never give us more than an approximation of reality and all science will eventually be replaced with more accurate theories -- like general relativity and Newton's theory of gravitation.

On the other hand, math has nothing to do with opinion at all, it has to do with what can be established via rigorous logical arguments. Once something has been proven, all argument to the contrary is necessarily invalid (because proof). As a result, any mathematical description of reality (which is what science is) must have some flaw in the analogy because there is no room for falsifiability in the mathematics.

The analogy I like is the map and the territory. Reality is the territory, science is the map, and math is the language in which the map is written. There is no such thing as a 100% accurate map that tells you everything there is to know about the territory, but that doesn't mean that you can't find a map that is sufficiently accurate for navigating the territory in a wide variety of useful ways.

In the end though, it is always important to remember that the map is not the territory.

Don't even get me started about statistics...
:towel:
</rant>

p.s. This is clearly relevant to the topic at hand, as an audit should be a scientific exercise with a mathematical methodology for it to have any objective validity at all. To me, this sums up why all of these so-called "election audits" are corrosive to our democracy regardless of the outcomes.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Don't make me go all Arithmetic on y'all.

But, back on topic, with all the colors of the different stations and t-shirts there has all along been something about it in the back of my mind I couldn't shake. Then today, I read something about Munich and it hit me....

They're having "The Stupid Olympics"!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:04 pm

Well, me personally, I would have added more brackets to make it clear. But, some people think it clutters the page.

[(6 x 5) / 3] +11
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

bill_g wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Well, me personally, I would have added more brackets to make it clear. But, some people think it clutters the page.

[(6 x 5) / 3] +11
exchually, 13 for those who only have 8 fingers. I think that is how they are ending up with extra ballots -- they only hired counters with 8 fingers.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

woodworker wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:02 pm

[(6 x 5) / 3] +11
exchually, 13 for those who only have 8 fingers. I think that is how they are ending up with extra ballots -- they only hired counters with 8 fingers.
Or maybe they were using base 16. Or base 8. (No, I'm not going to do that math. I only use base 16 when I'm counting candles for my birthday cake.)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Its a serious linear algebra problem!
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
In computer programming, I use explicit parens.. because
- I've tripped over too many bugs where someone didn't completely understand the order of operations of the language in question.
- As a consultant, I might work in a dozen different languages in the course of a day.
- I don't subscribe to the "fewer characters are better" theory of programming languages. I'll keep using my parens and braces, thankyouverymuch.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I remember breaking “complex” calculations into constituent parts and annotating them just to make sure others understood the desired result before any modifications. (Mind you my maths is pretty weak).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

tek wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:17 am
Off Topic
- I've tripped over too many bugs where someone didn't completely understand the order of operations of the language in question.
- As a consultant, I might work in a dozen different languages in the course of a day.
- I don't subscribe to the "fewer characters are better" theory of programming languages. I'll keep using my parens and braces, thankyouverymuch.
:yeahthat: :winner:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Up until a couple months ago, I worked heavily with voter data files. They are quirky, and things don't always add up how one might assume. Literally every single "issue" found by the Cyber Ninjas and transmitted in the world in the news conference is easily explainable if one takes the time to find out how things work.

And now they are talking about "round 2"??? After these months we've already done?? This is going to go on FOREVER! And EVER!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:21 pm
woodworker wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:02 pm

[(6 x 5) / 3] +11
Or maybe they were using base 16. Or base 8. (No, I'm not going to do that math. I only use base 16 when I'm counting candles for my birthday cake.)

Cake!!!! There's cake!!!!!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Honey that's a whole 'nother level of grift, y'all are amateurs.
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.05 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 9.17.05 AM.png (106.94 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
https://www.gettr.com/post/p4ita9
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Off Topic
tek wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:17 am In computer programming, I use explicit parens.. because
I hope you're not saying mean things about Python here. Sacrilege!

Actually, I agree completely re: parens. I do it more for my own sake, to avoid putting the bugs in because I don't remember order of operations for a specific language, than I do to help others debug my code. Since I write completely bug-free code 100% of the time, that's never an issue. :liar:

Incidentally, the kids these days with their Python thinking that they're avoiding all those unnecessary characters are simply adorable. If you really want to see what an all-out assault on extra characters in a program was like, you should take a trip back through history and learn to program in APL. APL is a spiritual precursor of R, but way more fun because of all the crazy characters. Nearly as incomprehensible as Intercal (which was designed as a joke and is also worth looking up).
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

tek wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:17 am
Off Topic
Off Topic
Same here. One of my first languages was LISP, so I don't fear parens.
That being said, when I am handed equations where the person who wrote them did not include any, I am big on letting the language figure it out for me since it remembers the rules better than I can.
johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:24 pm Incidentally, the kids these days with their Python thinking that they're avoiding all those unnecessary characters are simply adorable.
[/offtopic]
Off Topic
Oddly enough, I am seeing Python get more and more verbose. Maybe it is because more people are coming in from the R direction, or maybe I am just getting more exposed to the DL/DS/ML dialect, but damn it can get long winded. Esp when you start working in frameworks that use nearly complete sentences for all their method names and have dozens of variations.
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:24 pm Incidentally, the kids these days with their Python thinking that they're avoiding all those unnecessary characters are simply adorable. If you really want to see what an all-out assault on extra characters in a program was like, you should take a trip back through history and learn to program in APL. APL is a spiritual precursor of R, but way more fun because of all the crazy characters. Nearly as incomprehensible as Intercal (which was designed as a joke and is also worth looking up).
I haven't used APL in probably 40 years, but it definitely takes the cake for incomprehensibility.
A famous example is the following short but complete program to compute all the prime numbers up to R.

(~T∊T∘.×T)/T←1↓⍳R
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

tek wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:53 pm
Off Topic
johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:24 pm Incidentally, the kids these days with their Python thinking that they're avoiding all those unnecessary characters are simply adorable. If you really want to see what an all-out assault on extra characters in a program was like, you should take a trip back through history and learn to program in APL. APL is a spiritual precursor of R, but way more fun because of all the crazy characters. Nearly as incomprehensible as Intercal (which was designed as a joke and is also worth looking up).
I haven't used APL in probably 40 years, but it definitely takes the cake for incomprehensibility.
A famous example is the following short but complete program to compute all the prime numbers up to R.

(~T∊T∘.×T)/T←1↓⍳R
That can't be right -- it doesn't lead to 42.

Return to “"Forensic Audits" of State Elections 2020”