Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:40 pm Hayes: Texas is latest in Trump's ‘50 state strategy’ to undermine democracy

"Trump wants a 50 state strategy with audits. He’s going one step further than saying, ‘Well the swing states I lost were stolen from me,'" says Chris Hayes on Trump demanding a Texas audit. "What he wants to do is basically say, you cannot trust any election results anywhere."
Considering how the (sane) Republican MC Election Board is handling the fake audit, I see a lot of (sane) Republicans rolling their eyes, which won't help him in '24.

He's definitely going to cause more violence, but I still don't see how telling R voters their vote doesn't count is going to work for them.

As much as I wanted to watch him lose every penny and end up in a Medicaid bed in Queens, my only desire now is for him to get that "bad call from a doctor." That's the only way this will end.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

I've been saying for a while this is the only way this can end. As long as he's breathing, he's a grifter and a traitor.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I just told Hubs about trump’s plan and he suggested Dr. Biden give him a call.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think FAT wants to feel the Nom is his for the taking, but the way that Fox is slowly marginalizing him I would say the strategy is to slowly talk about him less and less and then just ignore him when the Primaries come along. Having most of the candidates he endorses lose (as usual) will really help with that. Basically the GOP strategy is to marginalize him. His social media presence is tiny at this point compared to what it was.

DeSantis is definitely not angling for a VP slot.
Hic sunt dracones
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

I don't think TFG is planning on another election. He is telling his people they are being cheated and waiting for an election and/or voting is a sucker game, He simply wants, demands the job back and will expect his people, by hook or crook, to provide it. There is no strategy, just rage. How this will end, I have no idea, but as a pessimist, I am not thinking that it ends well for the sane.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I agree. TFG will not run. How could he? He has no social media. :P
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

He won’t run…

Perhaps golf cart….
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Fiascoist wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:34 pm I don't think TFG is planning on another election. He is telling his people they are being cheated and waiting for an election and/or voting is a sucker game, He simply wants, demands the job back and will expect his people, by hook or crook, to provide it. There is no strategy, just rage. How this will end, I have no idea, but as a pessimist, I am not thinking that it ends well for the sane.
I keep seeing him as a rotten little kid who wants a cookie. He whines, accuses, sulks. Then he just tries to grab it and shove it in his mouth. (He knows he'll get yelled at, but so what? He'll have the cookie). Too bad, unlike a thousand times before, somebody grabs his hand and forces him to drop it and then? All hell breaks loose. Adults yelling at each other and donnie sneaks away. He knows there is always another plate of cookies.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Fiascoist wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:34 pm I don't think TFG is planning on another election. He is telling his people they are being cheated and waiting for an election and/or voting is a sucker game, He simply wants, demands the job back and will expect his people, by hook or crook, to provide it. There is no strategy, just rage. How this will end, I have no idea, but as a pessimist, I am not thinking that it ends well for the sane.
I agree. But in the meantime...

Send Money!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Re the guy who does not like losers....
Liz Cheney mocks Trump over bizarre insult: ‘I like Republican presidents who win re-election’
Republican tweets picture just of George W Bush after Trump pac sends out image that spliced Cheney with former leader

Martin Pengelly in New York
Sun 26 Sep 2021 20.37 BST

One of the less dignified spats in US politics has rumbled onwards as the Wyoming Republican Liz Cheney responded to a bizarre insult from Donald Trump.

“I like Republican presidents who win re-election,” Cheney tweeted on Sunday, with a picture of George W Bush.

Bush beat John Kerry for re-election in 2004. Cheney’s father, Dick Cheney, was vice-president to Bush.

Liz Cheney’s tweet was a response to an image released by Trump on Thursday. Under the heading “ICYMI: Must-See Photo”, a Trump-affiliated political action committee sent out a Photoshopped image which spliced Cheney Sr and George W Bush.

Trump displayed the image at a rally in Georgia on Saturday but he could not tweet it himself, as he remains barred from the platform for inciting the deadly assault on the US Capitol on 6 January.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... trump-feud
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:39 pm I agree. TFG will not run. How could he? He has no social media. :P
:rotflmao:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Lani

Post by Lani »

LM K wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:21 am
neonzx wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:39 pm I agree. TFG will not run. How could he? He has no social media. :P
:rotflmao:
He has contacts to do that for him. And the press....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Lani wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:47 am He has contacts to do that for him. And the press....
and rather critically, he has his rallies. that seems to be the part he enjoys the most.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

neeneko wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:24 am
Lani wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:47 am He has contacts to do that for him. And the press....
and rather critically, he has his rallies. that seems to be the part he enjoys the most.
Narcissistic people like to be worshipped.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

:yeahthat:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug: Acosta on the weekends. I was getting groceries and missed this.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A whistleblower accused former President Trump’s DHS appointees of downplaying Russian interference and the threat of White supremacists, according to a source and documents reviewed by CNN.
https://cnn.it/3ujNCi3
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Trump Claims He Won German Election”:
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... n-election

“PALM BEACH (The Borowitz Report)—Urging the German people to “stop the steal,” Donald J. Trump claimed that he was elected Chancellor of Germany over the weekend.
Trump said that, once the official vote tallies have been recounted, it will be clear that he won the German election by a “landslide.”
Reflecting on his purported win, Trump said, “I’ve always wanted to be the Chancellor of Germany. That’s a title that’s been held by some very fine people.”
He revealed that he planned to send the former mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani to Germany to contest the election results. “He hasn’t been disbarred there yet,” Trump said.
For his part, Giuliani said that he relished his latest mission on Trump’s behalf. “I can’t wait to get to Germany,” he said. “When does Oktoberfest start?””

Edited to remove unrelated line.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sometimes I have to check to make sure it's a Borowitz column because satire just doesn't work with trump anymore.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:rotflmao: The gag about Rudy Giuliani asking the date of Oktoberfest is pleasantly subtle! :biggrin: Gut gespielt, Herr Borowitz! :clap:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly

Post by filly »

Mr. Trump’s campaign filed the case shortly after Ms. Manigault Newman published her book, “Unhinged.” It claimed that she violated a nondisclosure agreement she had signed during the 2016 campaign stipulating that she would not reveal private or confidential information about his family, business or personal life.

The media- and image-obsessed Mr. Trump has for years used nondisclosure agreements as a way to prevent staff members from speaking about him publicly, and to deter them from making disparaging comments or writing books like Ms. Manigault Newman’s.

The arbitration is confidential, meaning that only the parties involved can release information about the case. In papers made available by Ms. Manigault Newman’s lawyer, John Phillips, the arbitrator, Andrew Brown, said that the definition of the type of comment protected by the nondisclosure agreement was so vague that it had been rendered meaningless. What was more, he wrote, the statements Ms. Manigault Newman had made hardly included privileged information.

The statements do not disclose hard data such as internal polling results or donor financial information,” Mr. Brown wrote. “Rather, they are for the most part simply expressions of unflattering opinions, which are deemed ‘confidential information’ based solely upon the designation of Mr. Trump. This is exactly the kind of indefiniteness which New York courts do not allow to form the terms of a binding contract.”

At another point, Mr. Brown wrote that the agreement “effectively imposes on Respondent an obligation to never say anything remotely critical of Mr. Trump, his family or his or his family members’ businesses for the rest of her life.”

The arbitrator added, “Such a burden is certainly unreasonable.”

Mr. Phillips, who is based in Florida, said the lawsuit had been an abuse of power by a sitting president. “It’s over,” he said. “We’ve won in Donald Trump and the Trump campaign’s chosen forum.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/28/us/p ... -suit.html
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

rah rah ree
kick 'em in the knee
rah rah rass
kick 'em in the other knee

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”