trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
noblepa

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:54 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:19 pm
according to many[/highlight],” he added.
lol

He uses that or a version of it to sound convincing. "people are saying"
It is also a way to deflect blame. "Don't blame me. I didn't say that. I merely reported what other people were saying."
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:56 am
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:54 am
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 am He did NOT write that. That complex sentence is correctly punctuated. I'm not saying it's good sentence structure, just that the punctuation is correct.
He probably contributed "Dumbass" and TREASON though.
Yep! :lol:
He screams out his whine and his ghostwriter attempts to put it into something resembling a coherent statement (not a small task) making sure to keep all of the petty insults and ME ME ME statements. That's all Trump is going to check before giving final approval.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

several days ago

Trump predicts that somebody will 'decertify' the 2020 election he lost to Biden
Bob Brigham
September 11, 2021
  • Trump predicts that somebody will 'decertify' the 2020 election he lost to Biden
    Donald Trump continues to spout absolute nonsense about the 2020 presidential election that he lost to President Joe Biden.
During an interview with the far-right conspiracy website Gateway Pundit, Trump continued to push his "Big Lie" of election fraud.

"And you know what? It's never been a stronger issue, I appreciate you mentioning it, because it's never been a stronger issue," he said of his debunked conspiracy theories about election fraud.

"The only problem is the press doesn't like talking about it, including Fox," the former president said, shedding light on why he was being interviewed by conspiracy theorist Jim Hoft instead of a legitimate publication. "The press doesn't like talking about it."

"This was a rigged election, they used Covid and they used mail-in ballots to rig the election. We won the election by a lot," Trump falsely claimed after losing by 7,060,347 votes.

"I do believe they are going to decertify the election," Trump said, without explaining who "they" are, as nobody has the power to decertify the election Biden won.

Trump specifically mentioned Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Wisconsin — states that were all won by Biden.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-decertify/
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

... bitter old man got his twitter chopped off, and it's not growing back. :eek:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:40 am ... bitter old man got his twitter chopped off, and it's not growing back. :eek:
From the tone of his press releases since, you know they are not going to give it back.

I know a couple of people who never had their Twitters chopped off....

:P
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Coming in hot with a bad take, is anyone surprised? The rewriting of history continues. Rallying the troops for the big protest this weekend? Scary.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

In the end, however, JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!
Remember my words!

Yes Donald, remember your words, your past actions will come and haunt you.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He didn't write that one either. Ghost writer knew to put hyphen in two-tiered. I'm sure those are his sentiments, though,
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/16/us/p ... trump.html
WASHINGTON — Calling former President Donald J. Trump “a cancer for the country,” Representative Anthony Gonzalez, Republican of Ohio, said in an interview on Thursday that he would not run for re-election in 2022, ceding his seat after just two terms in Congress rather than compete against a Trump-backed primary opponent.

Mr. Gonzalez is the first, but perhaps not the last, of the 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Mr. Trump after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot to retire rather than face ferocious primaries next year in a party still in thrall to the former president.

The congressman, who has two young children, emphasized that he was leaving in large part because of family considerations and the difficulties that come with living between two cities. But he made clear that the strain had only grown worse since his impeachment vote, after which he was deluged with threats and feared for the safety of his wife and children.

Mr. Gonzalez said that quality-of-life issues had been paramount in his decision. He recounted an “eye-opening” moment this year: when he and his family were greeted at the Cleveland airport by two uniformed police officers, part of extra security precautions taken after the impeachment vote.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
By law, the Secret Service is supposed to protect ex-presidents and their spouses for life, and their children until they turn 16. In recent years, former presidents Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and George W. Bush have also ordered agents to protect slightly older, college-aged children for a short time after leaving office.

Trump went far beyond that.

He extended six months of extra protection to his children Trump Jr., 43; Ivanka, 39; Eric, 37; Tiffany, 27; and their spouses — as well as to Mnuchin, Meadows and former national security adviser Robert C. O’Brien.

Trump did not publish any public order announcing the decision at the time, or explaining his rationale.
The payments amounted to $1.7 million dollars. The article breaks down how much of that money was spent.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ugh.
But, because of an order given by President Donald Trump, he was still entitled to protection by Secret Service agents. As agents followed Mnuchin across the Middle East, the U.S. government paid up to $3,000 each for their plane tickets, and $11,000 for rooms at Qatar’s luxe St. Regis Doha, according to government spending records.

In all, the records show U.S. taxpayers spent more than $52,000 to guard a multimillionaire on a business trip.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:38 am Ugh.
But, because of an order given by President Donald Trump, he was still entitled to protection by Secret Service agents. As agents followed Mnuchin across the Middle East, the U.S. government paid up to $3,000 each for their plane tickets, and $11,000 for rooms at Qatar’s luxe St. Regis Doha, according to government spending records.

In all, the records show U.S. taxpayers spent more than $52,000 to guard a multimillionaire on a business trip.
That's disgusting. Mnuchin should be ashamed of himself.

In other news, I've been getting tfg fundraising emails all week teasing a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today from tfg. Making it sound like he was going to announce he was running in 2024 or something, although they were carefully light on details. That payoff finally came today. You want to know what the big announcement from tfg was?
► Show Spoiler
So, so disappointed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:09 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:38 am Ugh.

That's disgusting. Mnuchin should be ashamed of himself.

In other news, I've been getting tfg fundraising emails all week teasing a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today from tfg. Making it sound like he was going to announce he was running in 2024 or something, although they were carefully light on details. That payoff finally came today. You want to know what the big announcement from tfg was?
► Show Spoiler
So, so disappointed.
"Drink more Ovaltine"?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: even when the results would be adjusted for the claimed number of errors, would this old guy have won the elections? Is the number of claimed false votes exactly what he would have needed back in the days when he was running for the 2nd term?

ETA. see also the Georgia thread viewtopic.php?p=47480#p47480
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Is that Trump letter real?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:06 pm Is that Trump letter real?
originated on Twitter by what seems to be the spokesperson for the senile guy (guess she is candidate to lose her account real soon now)

https:// twitter.com/realLizUSA/status/1438886054380154884
Liz Harrington @realLizUSA
NEW!

President Donald J. Trump's letter to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger
5:22 PM · Sep 17, 2021
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Talks2Eagles2

Post by Talks2Eagles2 »

:sick: So disgusting. Oh why oh why do people keep donating to that delusional yet ever the greedy con/clown??
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Talks2Eagles2 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:28 pm :sick: So disgusting. Oh why oh why do people keep donating to that delusional yet ever the greedy con/clown??
He gives them permission to be the worst versions of themselves, after all he is and look how far it got him....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump seeking challenger to McConnell as Senate GOP leader: report
BY JOSEPH CHOI - 09/19/21 02:52 PM EDT

Former President Trump is vetting possible candidates to remove Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) from his leadership position, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Sources familiar with the situation told the Journal that Trump has been speaking with senators and allies to gauge if there is any interest in deposing McConnell, though lawmakers and aides told the publication there has so far been little enthusiasm for the prospect.

Despite being one of Trump's most powerful allies in the federal government when he was in office, a rift quickly formed between McConnell and the former president after he left office.

Though he did not vote to convict Trump during his second impeachment trial, McConnell said back in February that he believed Trump was "morally responsible" for provoking the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

"There's no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it. The people that stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president," said McConnell.

In an interview just a few months after he left office, Trump called for new leadership to replace McConnell.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/572 ... ell-report
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As much as I despise turtle boy, I'll get a small bit of enjoyment from watching trump fail at this. And the resulting temper tantrum as he tries to primary every GOP senator that didn't vote to replace MC.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”