Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:00 am Also this. It may be good, it may not. IIRC, Grisham was a trump humper to the end. Did I miss something?

:snippity:
The grift she's missing out on....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:58 am AOC trolling KAC is exactly what I needed this morning.

Okay. First of all, there is nothing Honorable about this hag. Secondly, she speaks of Presidential norms? How the fuck would she know?!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, presidential norms like not hanging 44's portrait, running away in humiliation from the Jan 20 inauguration, not releasing tax returns, not putting his business interests into a blind trust, using the old post office/hotel for emoluments and using campaign and superPAC as slush funds. I'm sure I've forgotten dozens of others.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Also presidential norms of appointing shit tons of people in his last lame duck month in office, trying to seed the ground. That's perfectly a presidential norm, yes? Have these people no shame?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:32 pm Also presidential norms of appointing shit tons of people in his last lame duck month in office, trying to seed the ground. That's perfectly a presidential norm, yes? Have these people no shame?
And how many people did trump fire for not being "sufficiently loyal?"
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:11 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:32 pm Also presidential norms of appointing shit tons of people in his last lame duck month in office, trying to seed the ground. That's perfectly a presidential norm, yes? Have these people no shame?
And how many people did trump fire for not being "sufficiently loyal?"
I think he done fired all the Norms. And then some.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:roll:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

This should be on endless repeat for the Poots in the back.

(Yes, this is from April 2019 and in reference to the Measles outbreak. Still.)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Not just any 9/11 but the 20th anniversary.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1436 ... 82144?s=19

tfg was BOTG pulling people out of teh debris at Ground Zero. Just ask him. I think we can give him a pass.

:sarcastic:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm

And bragging about all the money he's making for it.

Biden will attend services at all three sites.

I heard Bush will be in PA.

Not sure what/if Obama has plans.

(too also, how many times will he mention the "stolen" election? He has to make everything about him.)
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:54 pm And bragging about all the money he's making for it.

Biden will attend services at all three sites.

I heard Bush will be in PA.

Not sure what/if Obama has plans.

(too also, how many times will he mention the "stolen" election? He has to make everything about him.)
Obama is joining Biden in the morning at the NYC ceremony.

tfg is going to visit the NYC site in the afternoon, before the bout and after Biden has left.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder how his going to NYC works? Is it official? I doubt it. They don't exactly love him there, either.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:15 pm I wonder how his going to NYC works? Is it official? I doubt it. They don't exactly love him there, either.
Local law enforcement officials were told by the U.S. Secret Service that Trump will visit the site of the twin towers around 1:30 PM, following the departure of President Joe Biden.
https://newjerseyglobe.com/national/tru ... -saturday/

That's about it for details I've found.

BTW- the Biden ceremony reads like a who's who: Obama, Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Charles Schumer, Govs. Phil Murphy of New Jersey, Kathy Hochul of New York, Merrick Garland, Alejandro Mayorkas, Christopher Wray, Hillary Clinton, and Rep. Andy Kim (D-Moorestown). Also former Gov. Donald DiFrancesco, who was governor of New Jersey on September 11, 2001, will also be in attendance. Guess Roodles couldn't make it! :lol:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Bill de Blasio not attending?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The Pennsylvania observance ceremony will have a speech by President Bush and Harris will be in attendance at that. Since Biden cannot be in three places at once, he is coming later (TFG would probably claim he was in three places at once).
101010 :towel:
somerset

Post by somerset »

northland10 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:03 pm The Pennsylvania observance ceremony will have a speech by President Bush and Harris will be in attendance at that. Since Biden cannot be in three places at once, he is coming later (TFG would probably claim he was in three places at once).
Nor should Biden and Harris be together during these ceremonies. There's already enough of a security headache with Obama, Clinton, Schumer and Pelosi attending the other ceremony, and I worry about what RWNJ crazies might have in mind, not to mention Taliban sympathizers.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:13 pm Yeah, presidential norms like not hanging 44's portrait, running away in humiliation from the Jan 20 inauguration, not releasing tax returns, not putting his business interests into a blind trust, using the old post office/hotel for emoluments and using campaign and superPAC as slush funds. I'm sure I've forgotten dozens of others.
Also, sitting on a couch in the Oval Office,barefoot in a miniskirt, with your legs crossed under you, with your back to the President, reveiwing your twitter feed.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1436 ... 82144?s=19

But just remember last year when he planned to host Taliban leaders, some of whom had been in Guantanamo, on the 9/11 anniversary. IMHO that was much more despicable.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sunrise wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm

But just remember last year when he planned to host Taliban leaders, some of whom had been in Guantanamo, on the 9/11 anniversary. IMHO that was much more despicable.
More despicable certainly. But not as just plain tacky.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:03 pm
Sunrise wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm

More despicable certainly. But not as just plain tacky.

Point well taken. ;)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:sick:
Forgoing official 9/11 ceremonies, Trump makes surprise visit to first responders in New York
By Caroline Anders and Amy B Wang 2:54 p.m.

After forgoing official remembrance ceremonies at Ground Zero and beyond, former president Donald Trump made a surprise visit Saturday afternoon to a New York City police precinct on the 20th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

“It’s a sad day, it’s a very sad day for a lot of reasons,” he said. “And we just added to that reason last week because that never should have been allowed to happen, I have to say, and I’ve watched all the speeches and nobody mentions it.”

He called President Biden’s withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan “gross incompetence.”

Trump was not present at any of the memorials earlier Saturday in Lower Manhattan, at the Pentagon or in Shanksville, Pa.

“He had the option to attend the ceremonies but decided to commemorate the day with different stops in Manhattan,” Trump spokeswoman Liz Harrington said in an email.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 62IYTHS7FE
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

A secretive Pentagon program that started on Trump’s last day in office just ended. The mystery has not.
Control of a remarkable 6 percent of the Internet was handed over to a Florida company as part of a cybersecurity pilot project. Now the Pentagon has taken all 175 million IP address spaces back.

By Craig Timberg
Today at 7:41 p.m. EDT

A Pentagon program that delegated management of a huge swath of the Internet to a Florida company in January — just minutes before President Donald Trump left office — has ended as mysteriously as it began, with the Defense Department this week retaking control of 175 million IP addresses.

The program had drawn scrutiny because of its unusual timing, starting amid a politically charged changeover of federal power, and because of its enormous scale. At its peak, the company, Global Resource Systems, controlled almost 6 percent of a section of the Internet called IPv4. The IP addresses had been under Pentagon control for decades but left unused, despite being potentially worth billions of dollars on the open market.

Adding to the mystery, company registration records showed Global Resource Systems at the time was only a few months old, having been established in September 2020, and had no publicly reported federal contracts, no obvious public-facing website and no sign on the shared office space it listed as its physical address in Plantation, Fla. The company also did not respond to requests for comment, and the Pentagon did not announce the program or publicly acknowledge its existence until The Washington Post reported on it in April.

And now it’s done. Kind of.

On Tuesday, the Pentagon made a technical announcement — visible mainly to network administrators around the world — saying it was resuming control of the 175 million IP addresses and directing the traffic to its own servers.

On Friday, the Pentagon told The Post that the pilot program, which it previously had characterized as a cybersecurity measure designed to detect unspecified “vulnerabilities” and “prevent unauthorized use of DoD IP address space,” was over. Parts of the Internet once managed by Global Resource Systems, the Pentagon said, now were being overseen by the Department of Defense Information Network, known by the acronym DODIN and part of U.S. Cyber Command, based at Fort Meade.

Minutes before Trump left office, millions of the Pentagon’s dormant IP addresses sprang to life

The IP addresses had never been sold or leased to the company, merely put under its control for the pilot program, created by an elite Pentagon unit known as the Defense Digital Service, which reports directly to the secretary of defense and bills itself as a “SWAT team of nerds” that solves emergency problems and conducts experimental work for the military.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... ses-trump/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”