trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by bill_g »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:26 pm
AFAIK, the Unification Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and the Church of Scientology are all recognized by our government as real churches with the primary purpose of religion, earning them tax-exempt status.

And yeah, I agree that there’s ample evidence that Hubbard, Smith, and Moon were likely frauds. But so what? There are over 16 Million Mormons. Whether I like it or not, it’s a real church. Same goes for Scientology and Unification.
My understanding is young Joseph Smith asked God to tell him which church was the real church, and God sent an angel with some tablets to translate instead. Budda bing, he's got his own religion. Whether he actually received prophecy, or was experiencing the onset of mental health issues that besiege some people as they enter their late teens and twenties, or was a natural born grifter learning the craft, is hard to say. But, he convinced a lot of people he was on the path of righteousness, and he quickly amassed a following. History speaks for itself.

When the scoreboard says he's a prophet, there isn't much any of us can say about it. Like you, I just nod, and get out of the way. It's not worth arguing.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

much ado

Post by much ado »

This Newsweek article is behind a paywall, but I really like the title:

Pro-Trump Rally Expecting 10,000 Attendees Sees Only a Few Hundred Show Up: Report

The "crowd" was estimated at fewer than 300.

ETA: Copied the page source...
Pro-Trump Rally Expecting 10,000 Attendees Sees Only a Few Hundred Show Up: Report
By Jason Lemon On 9/12/21 at 5:55 PM EDT

Organizers of a Kentucky rally in support of former President Donald Trump featuring several prominent allies and conspiracy theorists expected some 10,000 people to show up this weekend. Instead, less than 300 were in attendance when local journalists attempted to cover the proceedings.

The "We the People Reunion" was held at the Muhlenberg County Agriculture & Convention Center Fairgrounds in Powderly, Kentucky, on Friday and Saturday. MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, retired General Michael Flynn, attorney Lin Wood and others were among the featured speakers, according to the event and ticket page online.

Local channel WFIE 14 News sent a team to shoot video at the event on Friday but was later asked to leave, according to a report broadcast by the NBC News affiliate. The news channel reported that promoters had expected a crowd of about 10,000 people but less than 300 were in attendance from what their journalists saw. Event organizers reportedly refused to speak to WFIE about the rally.

Photos and videos of the event posted to social media appeared to show only a few hundred people in attendance.

The event's description explained:

"The Biggest Patriot Rally Of The Year - A True Reunion Of We, The People, combining the biggest names in the conservative patriot movement including Gen. Flynn, Lin Wood, Candace Owens, Mike Lindell, and many others along w/top notch Christian & Country Music Entertainment! Simply put: This will be THE 'Event Of The Year' for American Patriots!"

A right-wing We the People Reunion event featuring My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell and other allies of former President Donald Trump drew only a few hundred attendees in Kentucky this weekend after promoters expected 10,000. In this photo, Lindell listens to Trump address supporters during a "Save America" on August 21 in Cullman, Alabama.

While many recent pro-Trump events featuring Lindell, Flynn and the other conservative figures have been free, Forward Kentucky reported that the tickets for the We the People Reunion were starting at $125. General admission "plus" tickets were sold for $250 and VIP tickets were going for $500.

Newsweek reached out to the organizers through their event ticketing page and the convention center for comment but did not immediately receive responses. We were not able to independently verify attendance numbers.

Lindell, Flynn and many of the other conservative speakers have been touring the U.S. and participating in various pro-Trump events largely to promote baseless claims that the 2020 election was "rigged" or "stolen" in favor of President Joe Biden. Trump also continues to make similar groundless claims.

During a Friday interview with The Gateway Pundit, Trump again claimed Biden had "cheated" to win in the 2020 election. He suggested that Biden would be removed from office prior to the end of his term, a claim even some of his allies have already explained is not legally possible.

"When you rob Tiffany's of its diamonds, and you get caught, you're supposed to return them. The people are rising up. You going to let somebody that cheated stay for three more years? I can't imagine it," Trump said.

Trump and his allies have not provided evidence to substantiate their extraordinary claims of widespread voter fraud. Dozens of election challenge lawsuits filed by the former president and his supporters have failed in state and federal courts. Even judges appointed by Trump and other Republicans have dismissed the challenges.

Former Attorney General William Barr, who was widely viewed as one of Trump's most loyal Cabinet members, said in December that there was "no evidence" to support the claims of widespread voter fraud. Meanwhile, multiple audits and recounts in key battleground states—including in areas where the election was overseen by pro-Trump Republicans—have reaffirmed Biden's November victory.

Meanwhile, a majority of Republican voters appear to believe the groundless claims about the election. A CNN poll published on Sunday showed that 59 percent of GOP voters said that it was "somewhat" or "very" important to believe that Trump won the 2020 election in order to identify as a member of the Republican Party. The survey had a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.
ETA again: Highlighted poll results. Is the Republican Party becoming a cult?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Are we discussing this anywhere?
Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.

Woodward and Costa write that Milley, deeply shaken by the assault, 'was certain that Trump had gone into a serious mental decline in the aftermath of the election, with Trump now all but manic, screaming at officials and constructing his own alternate reality about endless election conspiracies.'

Milley worried that Trump could 'go rogue,' the authors write.

"You never know what a president's trigger point is," Milley told his senior staff, according to the book.

In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood.

"Got it?" Milley asked, according to the book.

"Yes, sir."

'Milley considered it an oath,' the authors write.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics ... p-nuclear/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

Thanks, I figured it was somewhere...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:33 pm Thanks, I figured it was somewhere...
It might end up with a thread of its own. Sounds like it's full of bombshells.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

sounds like fuckhead got his widdle fee fees hurt and claims Woodward's book is all fake
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

If he does not like it, it's fake, even if he originally said it.
101010 :towel:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I will dance on his grave

I can't wait (read in the voice of Glenn Frey saying that to felder)
raison de arizona

Donald Trump gave a phone interview to Newsmax’s “Spicer & Co.” on Tuesday, and gave his assessment of the Biden administration so far as “worse than Obama.”

“He’s worse than Obama,” Trump said. “Of course, Obama is probably running the government now, anyway, according to many,” he added.
https://beckernews.com/new-donald-trump ... way-41449/
► Show Spoiler
SOME PEOPLE SAY...
► Show Spoiler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Since I cannot say this in polite company, I have to say it here (yes we are polite here but allow for some venting more than other places), even though it is also very obvious.

What a childish little shit.

Thank you for listening.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:19 pm
according to many[/highlight],” he added.
lol

He uses that or a version of it to sound convincing. "people are saying"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 pm I will dance on his grave

I can't wait (read in the voice of Glenn Frey saying that to felder)
They'll need to bury him in a piss proof vault....

Because I fully intend to do so on his grave....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

You could have a contest, raise a lot of money for charity.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

And there are still people who think that Mary Trump was exaggerating when she said that DFO never,ever, ever, accepts blame or responsibility for anything he says and does. I’m so glad that none of these people are in my family or circle of friends. I honestly don’t know if I could be polite and/or accepting, as some of you have to be.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's easier to be polite when you know the other guy is suffering. :lol:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:15 pm Are we discussing this anywhere?
Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons

Two days after the January 6 attack on the US Capitol, President Donald Trump's top military adviser, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley, single-handedly took secret action to limit Trump from potentially ordering a dangerous military strike or launching nuclear weapons, according to "Peril," a new book by legendary journalist Bob Woodward and veteran Washington Post reporter Robert Costa.
:snippity:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics ... p-nuclear/
I just bought the Kindle version for my phone, it will be out in plenty of time for a road trip to Vermont :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Great minds... I'm heading to Philly on the 28th.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Check out that first sentence. :lol:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He did NOT write that. That complex sentence is correctly punctuated. I'm not saying it's good sentence structure, just that the punctuation is correct.
Off Topic
I personally love long, complex sentences, but I had it drilled out of me in college. I don't write them anymore, but I love reading them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 am He did NOT write that. That complex sentence is correctly punctuated. I'm not saying it's good sentence structure, just that the punctuation is correct.
He probably contributed "Dumbass" and TREASON though.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:54 am
AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 am He did NOT write that. That complex sentence is correctly punctuated. I'm not saying it's good sentence structure, just that the punctuation is correct.
He probably contributed "Dumbass" and TREASON though.
Yep! :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”