Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-cnn-d ... hs-1597932
Fox News and CNN did not air former President Donald Trump's address at the North Carolina GOP State Convention on Saturday night. MSNBC did broadcast segments of Trump's address, reportedly with correspondent Ali Vitali speaking over the ex-presidents remarks.

As Trump began his speech at the Greenville Convention Center, several social media users noted that Fox News was not broadcasting his first official speech since the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in February.

CNN host Brian Stelter tweeted, "Fox News is NOT airing Trump's first speech in months. Fox is sticking with a pre-taped 'Watters World' instead. Newsmax and One America News are showing Trump live, as expected."

"Fox News thus far hasn't carried any portion of former Pres. Trump's speech live," tweeted Atlantic White House reporter Peter Nicholas.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

neeneko wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:02 am
fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:12 am Also, what is up with his pants? :shock:
Those are the pants of a man who believes he knows his measurements better than his tailor.
Yes, his clothing is very ill fitting. Wrinkles in that area are often caused by having too little fabric in the outer thigh area. He seems to think that wearing clothing that is too large in general will hide extra weight. But, even though his pants are too large in some areas, they clearly need adjustments such as a full butt adjustment, large outer thigh adjustments, etc. His tailor probably cringes and has to try hard to put on a poker face more than his barber. These pants need to be let out at the side seams in the thigh area, but have way too much fabric in the lower legs. And his stomach is straining those pants as well. He has a large rear end, and I doubt his pants are adjusted for that. Just as large breasted women often need what is referred to as a "full bust adjustment" for blouses, there is a thing called a large rear adjustment, or large butt adjustment that will prevent the bunching up that happens in clothing in the area under the derriere if the butt is too big for the pants.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:36 am
neeneko wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:02 am
fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:12 am Also, what is up with his pants? :shock:
Those are the pants of a man who believes he knows his measurements better than his tailor.
Yes, his clothing is very ill fitting. Wrinkles in that area are often caused by having too little fabric in the outer thigh area. He seems to think that wearing clothing that is too large in general will hide extra weight. But, even though his pants are too large in some areas, they clearly need adjustments such as a full butt adjustment, large outer thigh adjustments, etc. His tailor probably cringes and has to try hard to put on a poker face more than his barber. These pants need to be let out at the side seams in the thigh area, but have way too much fabric in the lower legs. And his stomach is straining those pants as well. He has a large rear end, and I doubt his pants are adjusted for that. Just as large breasted women often need what is referred to as a "full bust adjustment" for blouses, there is a thing called a large rear adjustment, or large butt adjustment that will prevent the bunching up that happens in clothing in the area under the derriere if the butt is too big for the pants.
Gosh, I'd have assumed a "billionaire" could have this stuff done. :think:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

neonzx wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:18 am Gosh, I'd have assumed a "billionaire" could have this stuff done. :think:
I'd bet the billionaire barely has enough liquid funds to go to McDonald's twice every day.
Il factotum
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So this happened this morning...
Trump tosses out a conspiracy that Facebook paid hundreds of millions of dollars for "phony lockboxes" that contained "96% Biden votes" during the election.

"They were like just dumping ballots, it was a phony deal!....There's a lot of litigation coming..."

Stuart Varney offers absolutely no pushback.

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

It appears that he is pushing for a lifetime ban on Facebook. Wouldn't it be fabulous if Facebook sue trumpeter for defamation?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Well, "phony lock boxes" - is this guy perhaps speaking about ballot drop boxes? Drop boxes that collect voters envelopes, with name and signature on them and the ballots in a separate enclosed envelope? So how does Facebook, how would any company, get their hands on real voter identifications and manage to sneak Biden votes into them :?: How would election officials fall for "fake boxes", where would they have been placed, next to the official ones :?: The official drop boxes are surely numbered, their placement recorded, and they would be sealed. How would the fictious "Facebook" entity be able to sneak their fake boxes into the system :?: I guess, if the Chinese can sneak bamboo ballots past the auditors in AZ then Marc Zuckerberg can do the same :twisted:

Seriously, where are the men in white :blackeye:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Also.. so they were dumping ballots, not creating new ones? So, that means that Biden really got 83 Meeeelleeeeooon votes? Better call off the Fraudits so as he just said all the ballots were real and an audit cant prove fake ballots if what happened was dumping.
Hic sunt dracones
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Democrats are amazing, aren’t we? Simultaneously incompetent and lazy, all the while plotting with FaceBook, China, Venezuela, and Russia (or was it Iran?) to steal the election from the most malignantly ignorant man on the planet.

Go us!!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

People who buy into voter fraud conspiracies (and pretty much any conspiracy for that matter) aren't known for having solid critical thinking skills.

My sister lives 15 minutes away in one direction, my mother lives hour away in a different direction. All three of us are in different congressional districts, and therefore our ballots are often different. In order for mass printing of fake ballots to take place, whoever is printing these fake ballots would need to have access to the exact ballot design (names, party affiliations, etc) of not just the main candidates, but all down ballot races in each district including judges, and all kinds of local county races. The idea that some foreign country would successfully print ballots that are good enough to fool the people who would opening and processing those ballots in each of a countless number of districts is kind of stupid. In order to have any impact on a national level race there would have to be ballots printed for a large number of voting districts. It's just absurd.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 pm So this happened this morning...
Trump tosses out a conspiracy that Facebook paid hundreds of millions of dollars for "phony lockboxes" that contained "96% Biden votes" during the election.

"They were like just dumping ballots, it was a phony deal!....There's a lot of litigation coming..."

Stuart Varney offers absolutely no pushback.
Sidebar: What is with DFO and his telephone calls? The entire world has adapted to using video chats, especially since the pandemic, but he's still stuck in the 80s with voice-only interviews. :roll: :lol:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If he does a video interview he has to make himself up like a clown and have his hair "perfect." It's too much of an effort for an interview he does before swinging his golf club.

He was wearing a baseball cap rather than doing his hair more often than not in the latter parts of his Egodency. Even then it was becoming more trouble than it was worth, especially since he didn't trust the white house hairdressers to do it.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:57 pm People who buy into voter fraud conspiracies (and pretty much any conspiracy for that matter) aren't known for having solid critical thinking skills.

My sister lives 15 minutes away in one direction, my mother lives hour away in a different direction. All three of us are in different congressional districts, and therefore our ballots are often different. In order for mass printing of fake ballots to take place, whoever is printing these fake ballots would need to have access to the exact ballot design (names, party affiliations, etc) of not just the main candidates, but all down ballot races in each district including judges, and all kinds of local county races. The idea that some foreign country would successfully print ballots that are good enough to fool the people who would opening and processing those ballots in each of a countless number of districts is kind of stupid. In order to have any impact on a national level race there would have to be ballots printed for a large number of voting districts. It's just absurd.
And if I recall, the envelope and/or the ballots all have trackable serial numbers. While the envelope might not have info about the ballot (to protect the secret ballot) they may well both have their own unique IDs. Therefore, whatever came in from a voter would have to be the same ID that went out to the voter.

Getting that part right would be even tougher for a fake ballot crowd.
101010 :towel:
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

RVInit wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:57 pm People who buy into voter fraud conspiracies (and pretty much any conspiracy for that matter) aren't known for having solid critical thinking skills.

trump could care less how the down ballot candidates are affected. To him it's all about MEEEEEE.
Il factotum
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

zekeb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:30 pm

trump could care less how the down ballot candidates are affected. To him it's all about MEEEEEE.
Yeah, and Trump doesn't understand how elections in this country work.

In my county alone, here in Ohio, there are probably 100 different ballots in a Presidential election year. Every municipality has a mayor or city councilmen running for office. Many school districts, which don't always follow city boundaries, have levy issues. Our county has parts of several congressional districts. There may be local ballot issues, as well. Between elections, a big part of what the County Board of Elections does, is prepare, double-check and print ballots for upcoming elections. It is a very time-consuming process.

Imagine a huge Venn diagram, where each circle represents one candidate, one levy or one ballot issue, each applicable to a different geographical area. Each convergence of those circles represents a distinct ballot.

And, Ohio has 88 counties. There are probably several thousand distinct ballots across the state. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a Presidential election year, there were 20,000 distinct ballots nationwide.

RV's point about the near impossibility of dumping hundreds of thousands or millions of fake ballots into the system to alter the outcome, is very well taken. The whole idea is stupid and patently absurd.

ETA: I just sent an email to the Cuyahoga County Board of elections, asking how many distinct ballots are used in a Presidential election year. Will post the answer, so we have some idea of the scale of what it would take to undertake such a fraud.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm

And if I recall, the envelope and/or the ballots all have trackable serial numbers. While the envelope might not have info about the ballot (to protect the secret ballot) they may well both have their own unique IDs. Therefore, whatever came in from a voter would have to be the same ID that went out to the voter.

The fictious foreign power would have to have really super advanced technology to pull this stunt off. Cause they would have to identify all those voters who did not intend to vote and clandestinely insert their identities, cause otherwise there would be duplicate voting envelopes. And they would literally have to wait until the last second in case a voter changed their mind to take part in the election :doh:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm ...

I don't know about the ballots, but here in FL, at least Lee County, the envelope code is matched to the signature. I know this because a neighbor once accidently put her ballot in her husband's envelope and signed it and he, visa versa. This was before you could be contacted to correct minor problems and I don't know if this problem would now be covered but, long story short, the county wrote them to let them know what they had done and that they had thrown both ballots/envelopes out.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kate520 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:50 pm Democrats are amazing, aren’t we? Simultaneously incompetent and lazy, all the while plotting with FaceBook, China, Venezuela, and Russia (or was it Iran?) to steal the election from the most malignantly ignorant man on the planet.

Go us!!
A James Bond master criminal plot... :batting:

Pulled off by a Saturday morning cartoon villain... :bored: :doh:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:46 pm
Kate520 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:50 pm Democrats are amazing, aren’t we? Simultaneously incompetent and lazy, all the while plotting with FaceBook, China, Venezuela, and Russia (or was it Iran?) to steal the election from the most malignantly ignorant man on the planet.

Go us!!
A James Bond master criminal plot... :batting:

Pulled off by a Saturday morning cartoon villain... :bored: :doh:
:lol: :yeahthat:
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

noblepa wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:55 pm
zekeb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:30 pm

Yeah, and Trump doesn't understand how elections in this country work.

In my county alone, here in Ohio, there are probably 100 different ballots in a Presidential election year. Every municipality has a mayor or city councilmen running for office. Many school districts, which don't always follow city boundaries, have levy issues. Our county has parts of several congressional districts. There may be local ballot issues, as well. Between elections, a big part of what the County Board of Elections does, is prepare, double-check and print ballots for upcoming elections. It is a very time-consuming process.

Imagine a huge Venn diagram, where each circle represents one candidate, one levy or one ballot issue, each applicable to a different geographical area. Each convergence of those circles represents a distinct ballot.

I'm sure that this is typical of all states that allow mail-in voting.

And, Ohio has 88 counties. There are probably several thousand distinct ballots across the state. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a Presidential election year, there were 20,000 distinct ballots nationwide.

RV's point about the near impossibility of dumping hundreds of thousands or millions of fake ballots into the system to alter the outcome, is very well taken. The whole idea is stupid and patently absurd.

ETA: I just sent an email to the Cuyahoga County Board of elections, asking how many distinct ballots are used in a Presidential election year. Will post the answer, so we have some idea of the scale of what it would take to undertake such a fraud.
I received a response from my local Board of Elections. I live in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, which includes Cleveland. This is, I believe, the second largest county in Ohio (Hamilton County, which includes Columbus took the title from us several years ago).
Thank you for your question and interest in the elections process. I hope I am able to address your questions and concerns. I will address them individually:

" I saw a discussion on the web recently, about a conspiracy theory about someone creating hundreds of thousands of fake ballots, in order to steal the 2020 Presidential election." - We hear a lot about this as well. Let me assure you that it does not happen. Creating fake ballot, while theoretically possible, is not very likely to succeed. The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections (CCBOE) and the Ohio Secretary of State (SOS) have worked diligently to place certain requirements on the paper, printing and other aspects of the ballots to make them difficult to counterfeit. While I obviously cannot discuss them all with you for security reasons, I would like to reassure you that they do exist.

In addition, there are numerous other safety measures in place to ensure that only eligible people can vote in the election. For example, we know how many registered voters exist in each precinct. If someone goes to the polls and votes, we check to see if they are registered and allow them to vote if they are. They are then entered into our system and cannot receive another ballot. So, for example, if we only have 100 people sign in the poll books but have 500 ballots, we will flag the precinct and look deeply into it. The same if they Vote-by-Mail or Vote Early In-Person, we keep a record of eligible voters vs. ballot cast.

"Multiple Ballot Styles throughout the county" - It is true that there are many different ballot styles throughout the county. In the November 2020 General Election, there were a total of 74 different styles. Every time there is a new district (such as Congressional, House, Senate), the ballot is slightly different in appearance. In a municipal year, this grows exponentially as every time there is a new city, ward, etc.; the ballot slightly changes. This would also prevent to "alleged" printing of fake ballots to change the election.
Ohio has 88 counties, so even if the other counties have only 1/4 the number of ballot styles, that means there are more than 2,000 different styles in the state.

Each bogus ballot would have to include accurate identifying information for a properly registered voter. You would have to identify each voter and which location he/she lived in, determine the proper ballot to use and have access to identifying information. In Ohio, a mail-in ballot must include the voters drivers license number or the last four digits of their SSN. This would constitute identity theft on an epic scale.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Good info noblepa. Columbus is in Franklin County, though.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

My ballot was different from my husband's. I registered as a Democrat several years ago so that I could vote in the primaries. My husband stayed an Independent. My ballot had the Democratic primary candidates on it. His only had state propositions on it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:04 pm Good info noblepa. Columbus is in Franklin County, though.
Oops. I knew that. Hamilton county is Cincinatti.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:38 pm
SuzieC wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:04 pm Good info noblepa. Columbus is in Franklin County, though.
Oops. I knew that. Hamilton county is Cincinatti.
Needs one less t and one more n. :biggrin:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

DOJ moves to substitute US for Trump as defendant in defamation suit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/politics ... index.html

This is the suit that E. Jean Carroll brought against Trump, alleging that he raped her and defamed her.

Isn't this the case that the DOJ, under William Barr, asked to substitute itself as defendant? And the court said no? At the time, everyone here speculated that they wanted to do that, so that they could then argue that you can't sue the president for his actions in that capacity, and have the case dismissed.

Why is the DOJ doing this now? I find it hard to believe that defaming someone is part of the President's job description. However, I don't remember exactly what Trump said, but I seem to recall that he called her a liar and other, more crude names.

And, weren't the actions she accused Trump of, such as the alleged rape, taken before he became POTUS? If so, it seems logical to me that any statements he made about it were made in his individual capacity, not in his capacity as president.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”