Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by bob »

Nb.:

...the Constitution Association dudes are doing just: they argue the federal government can't defend Harris because they sued her in an individual capacity. As if the federal government doesn't have an interest in maintaining the continuity of the office and its ability to function.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:05 pm
<snip large twitter screenshots>

...the Constitution Association dudes are doing just: they argue the federal government can't defend Harris because they sued her in an individual capacity. As if the federal government doesn't have an interest in maintaining the continuity of the office and its ability to function.
Mike Dunford is a lawyer, and I am not, so I will defer to his judgement on this.

However, didn't at least one court rule that his statements were not made in capacity as President? Isn't that why the court didn't allow the DOJ to substitute itself last fall?

I completely understand Mike's point about people filing frivolous lawsuits against Presidents. But again, this case has been before a court, although it has not been decided. I assume that Trump's lawyers filed a MTD. SInce the case is still alive, the MTD must have been denied, implying that the case is not frivolous.

So, if the case has been found by at least one judge to be not frivolous and not in his capacity as POTUS, why should DOJ be involved? If some contractor sued Trump for non-payment on one of his building projects, I doubt that the DOJ would be involved.

And the suit against Harris goes to her eligibility for the office which she holds. It seems to me that this is very directly tied to her position as VP, so DOJ defending her seems correct to me.
bob

Post by bob »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:13 pmHowever, didn't at least one court rule that his statements were not made in capacity as President? Isn't that why the court didn't allow the DOJ to substitute itself last fall?
As the CNN article states, this is the appeal from that decision.
Image ImageImage
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

IIRC one if the reasons this sort of egregious DOJ crap was shit canned last time was for EXACTLY the same reason as the DOJ are trying to reuse this time.

Specifically they attempt to identify the President as a "federal employee" ergo, "gubmint"...magic hand waving...."Don't look over here, no issues around seperation....no sirree"
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:12 am Also, what is up with his pants? :shock:
He doesn't wear his Depend when getting fitted for his pants.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210608_200050.jpg
Image Image Image Image
bob

Post by bob »

DOI IG's report.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Don McGahn closed door judiciary committee interview transcript is out:
https://judiciary.house.gov/uploadedfil ... script.pdf
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
tek

Post by tek »

I got as far as page 15, and by then was pretty much tired of "gee it was 4 years ago" and "well that's what the report says"

:mad:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Ta-da!

“Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America”
“Thank you to the Department of the Interior Inspector General for Completely and Totally exonerating me in the clearing of Lafayette Park!
As we have said all along, and it was backed up in today’s highly detailed and professionally written report, our fine Park Police made the decision to clear the park to allow a contractor to safely install antiscale fencing to protect from Antifa rioters, radical BLM protestors, and other violent demonstrators who are causing chaos and death to our cities. In this instance, they tried burning down the church the day before the clearing. Fortunately, we were there to stop the fire from spreading beyond the basement—and it was our great honor and privilege to do so. Again, thank you to the Inspector General!”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

bob wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:47 pm
DOI IG's report.
Kinda sounds like they were indeed planning to clear it, but Trump's little walk caused them to bump up the schedule and escalate... so doesn't really exonerate him.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

IIRC, this incident occurred in the late afternoon/early evening time frame. Since when do contractors start their work on a new job at that time of day? :confuzzled:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Sunrise wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:08 pm IIRC, this incident occurred in the late afternoon/early evening time frame. Since when do contractors start their work on a new job at that time of day? :confuzzled:
The article says they bumped up the timing of clearing the park, not that the contractors bumped up the time to install the fencing.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thread. I have not had a chance to read Klasfelds's article.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:35 pm Ta-da!

“Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America”
“Thank you to the Department of the Interior Inspector General for Completely and Totally exonerating me in the clearing of Lafayette Park!
As we have said all along, and it was backed up in today’s highly detailed and professionally written report, our fine Park Police made the decision to clear the park to allow a contractor to safely install antiscale fencing to protect from Antifa rioters, radical BLM protestors, and other violent demonstrators who are causing chaos and death to our cities. In this instance, they tried burning down the church the day before the clearing. Fortunately, we were there to stop the fire from spreading beyond the basement—and it was our great honor and privilege to do so. Again, thank you to the Inspector General!”
Sorry donnie, you sorry piece of night soil. You used religion for your own personal campaign aims. You dragged several high-ranking officials along with you, resulting in tarnished images. NPS didn't clear you of that.
Il factotum
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

She's not suing him for the rape, but for calling her a liar when she said he raped her.

Left out of your elegant explanation of how there are hundreds of ballots in each county in a given election, but also, each ballot has a detachable serial numbered receipt that has to match to a signature in a poll book or request for absentee ballot from when it was mailed, which, in an actual audit you would be tracing all the receipts for ballots, not the ballots. Once detached, an actual ballot cannot be traced to the voter, but there is a meticulous paper trail for every ballot the county issued and you were gonna send fake ballots you'd have to arrange for the county to have a record of sending one out. Bamboo or not.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

zekeb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:55 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:18 am Gosh, I'd have assumed a "billionaire" could have this stuff done. :think:
I'd bet the billionaire barely has enough liquid funds to go to McDonald's twice every day.
Oh, I bet he has an account. One that he even pays. :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 pm I looked. :sick:

I suppose it would be horribly catty, but I would love :daydreaming: a tv host to get a designer of posh men's suits on air and speculate on this fashion debacle.
"Queer Eye" maybe?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:40 pm I find Ford's choice there inline with the tines back then. I like em, sorta, kinda.
I agree. The pants are absolutly fine. The static clingy BanLon shirts were a mistake though.

And yes, thats Jackie Gleason. Speaking of which, did you hear that the Chinese moon probe found Alice Kramden's body?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:18 pm
Sunrise wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:08 pm IIRC, this incident occurred in the late afternoon/early evening time frame. Since when do contractors start their work on a new job at that time of day? :confuzzled:
The article says they bumped up the timing of clearing the park, not that the contractors bumped up the time to install the fencing.
WaPo has an article detailing the timeline that I can't put my finger on right now, but the contractors started work that night when the materials got there, and finished early in the pre-dawn am of the following day.

Contractors work nights to put up fences to protect the President from civil unrest, and after having to hit the White House bunker, I'm sure they determined TFG needed it.
Edit: Found it.
A federal procurement data website shows a solicitation from the Secret Service to build the fence, for more than $1.1 million, was issued on May 30 and contracted on June 1. The report states that all fencing materials were in place on 17th Street by 5:30 p.m., that construction began at 7:30 p.m., shortly after Trump’s visit ended, and was finished by 12:30 a.m.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... te-square/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

keith wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:52 pmSpeaking of which, did you hear that the Chinese moon probe found Alice Kramden's body?
Snort. :rotflmao:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
slq

Post by slq »

tek wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:09 pm I got as far as page 15, and by then was pretty much tired of "gee it was 4 years ago" and "well that's what the report says"

:mad:
I just started reading it this afternoon. Agree. McGahn is a piece of work. Totally playing games. I got to page 18.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I’m going to break my “don’t tweet Trump’s statements” rule just this once:

He just doubled down on siding with Putin over the unanimous opinion of the United States Intelligence Community.

Helsinki was a national embarrassment and deserves universal condemnation.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I really hope the WH recovered the missing notes of the Helsinki meeting and is going in well informed of what crazy deal the impotus suggested.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”