Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Slim Cognito »

Did she mention whether they talked about saving taxes this way or will trump insist Weisselberg was trying to set him up?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:36 pm Did she mention whether they talked about saving taxes this way or will trump insist Weisselberg was trying to set him up?
I get the impression in the rest of the article that it was understood why it was being done this way. Like Jennifer will get attacked by the lawyers as a bitter ex wife out for revenge.

Apologies to all, I should have posted this in the NY Trump thread :bag:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Like Jennifer will get attacked by the lawyers as a bitter ex wife out for revenge.

Which doesn't mean that she doesn't have the goods on them, however. In fact, she clearly DOES have the goods on them.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re golf tweet
The 2021 Open Championship began on July 14 and is being played at Royal St. George's Golf Club.

Many businesses disassociated themselves from Trump after the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, with social media companies taking down his profiles and businesses dropping their partnerships with the Trump Organization.

in https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... yed-at-his
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm a bit confused how she knew to keep possession of all the tax paperwork. I'm guessing her attorney was pretty good.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

re golf tweet, also too, also the cry baby conveniently forgot it was not his turn anyhow
Trump-owned Turnberry golf course won’t host Open Championship, R&A confirms

Sports Staff
Monday 11 January 2021 17:24

Turnberry will not stage The Open until the R&A is "convinced that the focus will be on the championship" and not the course's owner.

The Ayrshire venue has not been selected to stage the Open Championship since it was purchased by Donald Trump in 2014, with host venues already chosen up to 2024.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/gol ... 85490.html
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:39 pm I'm a bit confused how she knew to keep possession of all the tax paperwork. I'm guessing her attorney was pretty good.
If she read anything about the organization written since the 90s she whould have know how shady the whole thing is and kept them to cover her ass when :hittingthefan:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

:yeahthat:

Also, too, information first gathered during divorce in re alimony?
filly

Post by filly »

In the real world I would not want to put her on the witness stand. She's a total flake. Good for documents, not good as a witness.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1416426364748632066
Trump releases a statement complaining that the Open is not being played at his golf club in Scotland
:violin:
So he found something new to complain about other than the windmills?

Did Scotland ever find the source of funds for his club purchases?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

If I recall correctly Scotland did not pursue the source of Trump's funding.

When Trump bought Turnberry in 2014 the Open Championship venues had already been chosen thru 2024.

Did no one teach Trump that you can catch more flies with honey rather than with vinegar?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

You don't need honey when you are rich. They let you do it.
Il factotum
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:00 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm
Trump releases a statement complaining that the Open is not being played at his golf club in Scotland
:violin:
Should we send the whaaaaaaa🚑?
Seriously. He is just the sorest of losers in every possible instance one could come up with.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

There's a lot of fine courses in the UK. Does the OSG want it every year? (dumb question, I know).

Turnberry just had it in 2009, can't somebody else have a chance?

British Open Golf Courses: Venues That Have Hosted the Open Championship
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm betting that he lobbied them to change the schedule to give it to his Scottish courses when he was President, and they told him to fuck off, as he is commonly known in Scotland as a C***.
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

keith wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:25 pmThere's a lot of fine courses in the UK. Does the OSG want it every year? (dumb question, I know).

Butbutbut...Trump didn't own Turnberry until 2014, so 2009 doesn't count! :crying: NO FAIR! :crying:
Image Image Image Image
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:50 pm
keith wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:25 pmThere's a lot of fine courses in the UK. Does the OSG want it every year? (dumb question, I know).

Butbutbut...Trump didn't own Turnberry until 2014, so 2009 doesn't count! :crying: NO FAIR! :crying:
Turnberry must have gone downhill after 2014 when the owner decided to cheapen the soup*.

*Apologies to Al Capp
Il factotum
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

filly wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:22 pm In the real world I would not want to put her on the witness stand. She's a total flake. Good for documents, not good as a witness.
Yes!

I've been saying that to myself. She seems like she is desperate to be the key witness, the one who breaks the case! Every time I see her on TV she says "I am more that willing to testify" very much like someone who knows that she's not gonna get to testify.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:25 pm There's a lot of fine courses in the UK. Does the OSG want it every year? (dumb question, I know).

St Andrews

*drops the mic*

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... ion-2021-7
Donald Trump told journalists that he believed he could beat George Washington and Abraham Lincoln in an election.

"I think it would be hard if George Washington came back from the dead and he chose Abraham Lincoln as his vice-president, I think it would have been very hard for them to beat me," Trump told Washington Post journalists Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig.

Rucker and Leonnig recounted the comment in their new book about Trump, "I Alone Can Fix It," according to a review by The Guardian.
:brickwallsmall:

Where are the people with the white coats?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:26 pm https://www.businessinsider.com/donald- ... ion-2021-7
Donald Trump told journalists that he believed he could beat George Washington and Abraham Lincoln in an election.

"I think it would be hard if George Washington came back from the dead and he chose Abraham Lincoln as his vice-president, I think it would have been very hard for them to beat me," Trump told Washington Post journalists Philip Rucker and Carol Leonnig.

Rucker and Leonnig recounted the comment in their new book about Trump, "I Alone Can Fix It," according to a review by The Guardian.
:brickwallsmall:

Where are the people with the white coats?
I think Ronald Reagan fired them all when he shuttered our mental health system.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Says the guy who lost to Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.
Hic sunt dracones
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:43 pm
keith wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:25 pm There's a lot of fine courses in the UK. Does the OSG want it every year? (dumb question, I know).

St Andrews

*drops the mic*
I'm not a huge golf fan, but I can't be the only person who would be perfectly okay with The Open rotating between the Old Course at St. Andrews and Carnoustie (aka "Carnasty") and no other courses.

The powers that be know that Trump would make use of a major tournament at one of his courses to make himself the center-of-attention, rather than, you know, the tournament. I suspect if he could somehow buy Augusta National (and, let's face it, he'd fit right in with that crowd of sexists and racists except for the fact that he's not "old money" enough for them), the PGA would start looking seriously at moving The Masters to a different venue.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

"The Masters, now near Cincinnati at TPC Rivers Bend!

(I live in the housing built around that course, it is the Bunkers in The Well Armed Bunker Complex which is bordered on the other side by an Army Reserve facility, hence, the Well Armed part. :thumbsup: )

zekeb

Post by zekeb »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:30 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:43 pm

St Andrews

*drops the mic*
I'm not a huge golf fan, but I can't be the only person who would be perfectly okay with The Open rotating between the Old Course at St. Andrews and Carnoustie (aka "Carnasty") and no other courses.

The powers that be know that Trump would make use of a major tournament at one of his courses to make himself the center-of-attention, rather than, you know, the tournament. I suspect if he could somehow buy Augusta National (and, let's face it, he'd fit right in with that crowd of sexists and racists except for the fact that he's not "old money" enough for them), the PGA would start looking seriously at moving The Masters to a different venue.
I've been to Baraboo. You've probably have been there too. I don't think one hundred P.T. Barnums would be enough to draw in enough suckers to invest in a trump boondoggle like purchasing Augusta.
Il factotum

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”