Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by raison de arizona »

No argument about the garbage here, although I think it goes a little wider and deeper... I would say ALL the stars he produced are actually made of garbage, not just "some."

Diatribe on General Milley:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Now you're finding out what they really thought about you, donnie.
Il factotum
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Is that statement real? :shock:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I learned a new word on Twitter -

Autogolpe

From Wikipedia -
A self-coup, or autocoup (from the Spanish autogolpe), is a form of coup d'état or putsch in which a nation's leader, having come to power through legal means, dissolves or renders powerless the national legislature and unlawfully assumes extraordinary powers not granted under normal circumstances. Other measures taken may include annulling the nation's constitution, suspending civil courts, and having the head of government assume dictatorial powers.

Between 1946 and 2020, an estimated 148 self-coup attempts have taken place: 110 in autocracies and 38 in democracies.
The article then goes on to list "Notable events described as self-coups" and "Notable events described as attempted self-coups." Trump is listed in that second group.
raison de arizona

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:13 pm Is that statement real? :shock:
I can verify the General Milley one, the other one I can't. But it was posted by the White House Reporter for the Washington Post, so it is somewhat trustworthy?
► Show Spoiler
Edit: Verified the "garbage" one on his site: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/state ... 7.15.21-06
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Garbage in, garbage out. It's the trump way.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:28 pm Garbage in, fermented garbage out. It's the trump way.
Minor correction.
Il factotum
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

zekeb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:46 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:28 pm Garbage in, fermented garbage out. It's the trump way.
Minor correction.
change approved.png
change approved.png (39.68 KiB) Viewed 2008 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I was sitting here confused about trump's statement about Obama firing Milley. Then I realized that Trump had confused names and was back to Obama firing Mattis, which he didn't (Mattis retired possibly due to pushing from Obama but not fired).

You'd think if he was writing something out for release, he might actually slow down just a smidge and have the facts checked but that is probably weakness. He doesn't want people saying something didn't happen likes he thinks it did.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Your comment about checking his statements made me think of the statement he put out a few months ago saying, something like, "From this day forward, the Big Lie will be known as Biden/Dems stealing the election from me."

That didn't happen either.

Now I have to see if I can find it.

Wow, that was easy. From the Washington Times, May 3, 2021

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... s-big-lie/

Ex-President Trump redefines the ‘Big Lie’

Former President Donald Trump is trying to turn his critics’ words against them.

“The Fraudulent Presidential Election of 2020 will be, from this day forth, known as THE BIG LIE!” Mr. Trump said in a one-sentence statement issued Monday.

Mr. Trump‘s critics have coined his repeated insistence the election was rigged as “The Big Lie.”
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:21 pm Religious movements don't scare me much. Belief wanes more every day in the US and the fact is, some day soon the nuts are gonna go to far and spur a backlash. It might be the states making it illegal for people to vote unless they're wearing a MAGA hat and can prove they're white for 4 generations. It might be Roe v. Wade being tossed or the Republican Party falling deeper into the abyss of crazy but I'm optimistic that in the next 6 or so years these phucksticks are gonna get buried. They're a shrinking minority and frankly a lot of people are getting tired of them.
Imo, underestimating religious fanatics, esp those that identify as Christian, is dangerous.

Yes, the church is dying. But that has made various denominations more dangerous. These fundamental fanatic congregations embrace the Proud Boys, Oath keepers, 3%ers, white supremacists groups, etc. These congregations embrace fascism in the name of their version of god.

My dad's side of the family is hardcore Southern Baptist. Their individual congregation plays very close to the "now it's a cult" line. I've grown up around fanatic christians. They're more dangerous now.

Notice how many extremists wrap themselves in the "I'm a man/woman of god" identity? These were the people that participated in the insurrection. They're also the ones who facilitated the insurrection financially, logistically, and politically. Example 1: Lin Wood.

These congregations and new denominations help plan things like the insurrection. They are domestic terrorists dressed as "man/woman of god".

If you haven't watched Jesus Camp, I recommend that you do. Churches like those in Jesus Camp have become much, much more dangerous than they were in 2006, when the documentary was released.

In a nut shell. The radical churches haven't been radical enough for some, so now extremists are forming new denominations in an attempt to give their extremists beliefs some legitimacy. Folks in these denominations have been cast out from fundamentalist denominations for being too extreme. That's how batshit crazy and dangerous these new denominations are.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona

LM K wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:33 pm If you haven't watched Jesus Camp, I recommend that you do. Churches like those in Jesus Camp have become much, much more dangerous than they were in 2006, when the documentary was released.

In a nut shell. The radical churches haven't been radical enough for some, so now extremists are forming new denominations in an attempt to give their extremists beliefs some legitimacy. Folks in these denominations have been cast out from fundamentalist denominations for being too extreme. That's how batshit crazy and dangerous these new denominations are.
I too, also recommend that doc, it's currently on Hulu. It's crazytown. And there's always been crazy fundies, but it seems like the number and extremism is increasing and mainlining, which is _very_ disturbing.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I still remember Jesus Camp. Scary stuff.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 pm I still remember Jesus Camp. Scary stuff.
I still have my Hulu 30 day free trial -- I got all of maybe 5 minutes in of Jesus Camp and had to close out. There is no way I can stomach that. It's child abuse.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

this made me laugh

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:03 pm this made me laugh

I believe you'll find that the sainted Founding Fathers capitalized every Noun. I would think that what is meet and just for the Saints George and Alexander and Benjamin, et al would be good for the Orange Shit Gibbon too.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

I would mock tfg for his capitalization, but as someone who capitalizes things he thinks Are Important, I figure Glass Houses and all and will mock him for Other Things.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:59 pm No argument about the garbage here, although I think it goes a little wider and deeper... I would say ALL the stars he produced are actually made of garbage, not just "some."

Diatribe on General Milley:
► Show Spoiler

So, class, is this the statement of:

A respected world leader
A wannabe dictator frustrated after leading a failed coup
A jealous middle school girl who is still working on proper balance of the Ambien, Adderall, Xanax and Cocaine.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:32 am
So, class, is this the statement of:

A respected world leader
A wannabe dictator frustrated after leading a failed coup
A jealous middle school girl who is still working on proper balance of the Ambien, Adderall, Xanax and Cocaine.
Yes.

Sorry, misread the first choice. Definitely not the first choice. But definitely the last two.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump releases a statement complaining that the Open is not being played at his golf club in Scotland
:violin:
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

He serves the unused whine whenever they don't play on one of his courses.
Il factotum
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm
Trump releases a statement complaining that the Open is not being played at his golf club in Scotland
Should we send the whaaaaaaa🚑?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:00 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:45 pm https:// twitter.com/mkraju/status/1416426364748632066
Should we send the whaaaaaaa🚑?
Yes!
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/explosive ... e?ref=home
A witness in the New York investigation against the Trump Organization has told prosecutors that Donald Trump personally guaranteed he would cover school costs for the family members of two employees in lieu of a raise—directly implicating the former president in an ongoing criminal tax fraud case.

The explosive claims come from Jennifer Weisselberg, the ex-wife of a longtime company employee, during a teleconference call with investigators on Friday, June 25, according to two sources who agreed to speak on the condition of anonymity.

On that afternoon's Zoom call, those sources said, investigators with the Manhattan district attorney and New York state attorney general asked Jennifer Weisselberg whether Trump himself was involved in the company’s alleged tax-dodging scheme of making corporate gifts instead of increasing salary that would be taxed.

He was, she answered.

Weisselberg then provided key details for investigators. In January 2012, inside Trump’s office at Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue, Jennifer Weisselberg watched as Trump discussed compensation with her husband and her father-in-law, both company employees. Her husband wouldn’t be getting a raise, but their children would get their tuition paid for at a top-rated private academy instead.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”