Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dave from down under

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Dave from down under »

Never to be cashed Cheques or Cheques returned with a polite note saying “cannot be accepted”.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:52 pm The surprise is that nobody has asked what really happened to those 'donations' since those 'Federal Agencies' are prohibited by law from receiving private donations.
Is that true? I know that, in general, you can make donations to the Federal government. I've heard that it happens. Not a lot, but it happens, perhaps a hundred times a year or so. With 300M people in this country, over 100M of whom are taxpayers, that's a drop in the bucket.

I've also heard of people leaving bequests to the Federal government in their wills.

Is the rule that one can only donate to the US Treasury and not specify how the money is to be spent?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:52 pm The surprise is that nobody has asked what really happened to those 'donations' since those 'Federal Agencies' are prohibited by law from receiving private donations.
I'm not sure that is still the case.
Agencies and bureaus of the Federal Government now have authority to receive and use donations of funds.
https://www.gao.gov/products/b-149711
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:02 pm
Agencies and bureaus of the Federal Government now have authority to receive and use donations of funds.
Well then I stand corrected.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America
07/29/21

Under the weak leadership of Mitch McConnell, Senate Republicans continue to lose. He lost Arizona, he lost Georgia, he ignored Election Fraud and he doesn’t fight. Now he’s giving Democrats everything they want and getting nothing in return. No deal is better than a bad deal. Fight for America, not for special interests and Radical Democrats. RINOs are ruining America, right alongside Communist Democrats.
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-zzap88ttsq0

So now McConnell lost the election? I thought that was tfg? And communist communist communist. I guess they name call when they’ve got nothing else.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Communist Democrats are working with RINOs to accomplish something Trump never could, an infrastructure bill. Oh yeah, those Commies also managed to pass the COVID relief that you claimed you wanted.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:02 pm
Is that true? I know that, in general, you can make donations to the Federal government. I've heard that it happens. Not a lot, but it happens, perhaps a hundred times a year or so. With 300M people in this country, over 100M of whom are taxpayers, that's a drop in the bucket.

I've also heard of people leaving bequests to the Federal government in their wills.

Is the rule that one can only donate to the US Treasury and not specify how the money is to be spent?
My Gettysburg Home is bequeathed to the Federal Government stipulated to be made part of Gettysburg National Military Park. Or for practical effect, the details are a little more complicated and the donation instrument (the title on the paper) is about 10 pages of details far beyond my expertise.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As my dog, Shadow, would say after being banished to the basement after jumping the fence, "Totally worth it."

(After jumping the fence and returning to the front door after her frolic, shadow knew she had to go to the basement for a couple of hours. Hell, she'd come in the front door and go straight to the stairs without being told.)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

WTF cabinet is this? Is this the shadow government? :lol:
WATCH: Mark Meadows Says Trump Meeting with ‘Cabinet Members’ at Jersey Golf Club About ‘Moving Forward in a Real Way’
TOMMY CHRISTOPHER JUL 31, 2021 8:30 AM

Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said that former President Donald Trump has been meeting with “cabinet members” at his New Jersey golf resort, mysteriously adding that they’re planning to “move forward in a real way.”
:snippity:
As he did throughout the interview, Meadows referred to Trump in the present-tense “the president,” and described meeting with “members of our cabinet”:
Well, we met with several of our cabinet members tonight, we actually had a follow-up member, meeting with some of our cabinet members, and as we were looking at that, we were looking at what does come next. I’m not authorized to speak on behalf of the president, but I can tell you this steve. We wouldn’t be meeting tonight if we weren’t making plans to move forward in a real way, with president Trump at the head of that ticket.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-mar ... -real-way/
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Hubs had a question since we keep hearing DeSantis is high on trump's '24 VEEP list - where does trump live if he picks DeSantis? Any problems with him taking up residence at Bedford?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

So how long till trump is meeting in denny's and convening grand juries?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

... when he finally replaces Rudy with GIL :twisted:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim-

I am not going to let granddog Beowolf(sic) and my doggie Pancake to meet Shadow. Beo can jump the fence, but goes straight to the front door or open garage. Pancake doesn't jump the fence, but if she did she might not return home. Mickey D travels the neighborhood if he ever gets free. 🐕
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
much ado

Post by much ado »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:41 am WTF cabinet is this? Is this the shadow government? :lol:
WATCH: Mark Meadows Says Trump Meeting with ‘Cabinet Members’ at Jersey Golf Club About ‘Moving Forward in a Real Way’
TOMMY CHRISTOPHER JUL 31, 2021 8:30 AM

Former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said that former President Donald Trump has been meeting with “cabinet members” at his New Jersey golf resort, mysteriously adding that they’re planning to “move forward in a real way.”
As he did throughout the interview, Meadows referred to Trump in the present-tense “the president,” and described meeting with “members of our cabinet”:
Well, we met with several of our cabinet members tonight, we actually had a follow-up member, meeting with some of our cabinet members, and as we were looking at that, we were looking at what does come next. I’m not authorized to speak on behalf of the president, but I can tell you this steve. We wouldn’t be meeting tonight if we weren’t making plans to move forward in a real way, with president Trump at the head of that ticket.
https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-mar ... -real-way/
In my opinion, this is good news for Democrats. Trump's presence will tend to divide the GOP and thus weaken it.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I hope so.

What I see is tfg continuing his attack on the country. And his cult members are fine with that. After all, someone has to stop the pedophile commies from destroying Amerika.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:37 am As my dog, Shadow, would say after being banished to the basement after jumping the fence, "Totally worth it."

(After jumping the fence and returning to the front door after her frolic, shadow knew she had to go to the basement for a couple of hours. Hell, she'd come in the front door and go straight to the stairs without being told.)
:rotflmao:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:54 am Hubs had a question since we keep hearing DeSantis is high on trump's '24 VEEP list - where does trump live if he picks DeSantis? Any problems with him taking up residence at Bedford?
He'll just do like Dick Cheney did and declare one of his other houses or hotels to be his "residence".

Cheney, clearly a resident of Texas, declared his vacation home in Colorado as his residence, to avoid the Constitutional conflict.

I don't believe there is any statute that clarifies the Constitutional provision that the President and Vice President can't be from the same state. I don't think that the founding fathers expected a candidate to have a vacation home in Vail and a home in Texas.

I think that Congress could pass a law that would pass Constitutional muster, clarifying how one's primary residence is determined, for the purpose of running for POTUS or VPOTUS. Perhaps your most recent voter registration. Or the address given on your 1040.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:47 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:54 am Hubs had a question since we keep hearing DeSantis is high on trump's '24 VEEP list - where does trump live if he picks DeSantis? Any problems with him taking up residence at Bedford?
He'll just do like Dick Cheney did and declare one of his other houses or hotels to be his "residence".

Cheney, clearly a resident of Texas, declared his vacation home in Colorado as his residence, to avoid the Constitutional conflict.

I don't believe there is any statute that clarifies the Constitutional provision that the President and Vice President can't be from the same state. I don't think that the founding fathers expected a candidate to have a vacation home in Vail and a home in Texas.

I think that Congress could pass a law that would pass Constitutional muster, clarifying how one's primary residence is determined, for the purpose of running for POTUS or VPOTUS. Perhaps your most recent voter registration. Or the address given on your 1040.
They can both be from the same state, but electors can't vote President and Vice President from their own home state, thus half the electors from he candidates home state, were they to be the same, would be lost.
'The electoral college vote for the President and Vice President separately, each elector getting two votes to use in the two elections as they please except, they cannot vote twice for people from their own state.

Explained here https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/presi ... nt-states/

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Interestingly, if Cheney's Wyoming residence had been successfully challenged in 2000, Joseph Lieberman would have been W's Vice President and wouldn't that have changed history?

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

keith wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:08 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:02 pm
Well then I stand corrected.
List of Trump's donation targets through 2020Q1:

SNOPES: Where Did President Trump Donate His Salary?
To be clear, this list documents announcements — not receipts — of Trump’s donations.

CNN reports that “federal regulations prohibit agencies from accepting donated funds unless Congress grants authority to the agency to accept the donation. Without congressional authorization, donated money is deposited into the general fund of the Department of Treasury.” We contacted the Department of Treasury to find out if documentation for any such deposits is publicly available and have yet to hear back.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

That's silly, Zee Furher moves nowhere....DeSantis moves to Alabama...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ima guess that Fogbowzers will really appreciate this. Devin Cow forwarded it. :thumbsup:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

loser loses the support of another loser
Facing disbarment, Texas AG Ken Paxton backs away from Trump's fraud claims
Ken Paxton was all-in on Trump's conspiracy theories. Now he's arguing technicalities to keep his law license
By JON SKOLNIK
PUBLISHED JULY 30, 2021 5:45AM (EDT)

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, an ardent Trump supporter who was the lead plaintiff in a last-ditch Supreme Court case aimed at overturning the 2020 election, appears to be backing away from his past claims of widespread election fraud. Facing discipline or even potential disbarment in Texas, Paxton now merely alleges that there were "irregularities" in battleground states, while still suggesting those could somehow have affected the overall result

Paxton's apparent retreat came earlier this month in response to an array of grievances filed by several members of the Texas bar: retired lawyer Neil Cohen; Kevin Moran, president of the Galveston Island Democrats; former Texas Court of Appeals Chief Justice David Chew; and Dr. Brynne VanHettinga. In their initial complaint, the group argued that Paxton should face professional discipline over his bid to undermine the 2020 presidential election, saying that Paxton's December petition to the U.S. Supreme Court, arguing that President Biden's victory should be set aside, was both frivolous and unethical.

In Paxton's response to their grievances, which was provided to Salon, the attorney general argued that "Texas's filings were not frivolous" because "the 2020 election suffered from significant and unconstitutional irregularities in the Defendant States." Paxton further claimed that, by this logic, he and his office "did not violate the disciplinary rules."

Paxton's response is a clear departure from his previous rhetoric, much of which explicitly supported former President Trump's grandiose conspiracy theories about systemic election fraud. Earlier this month, Paxton told a Dallas crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference that his "fight" for election security "is not done."

https://www.salon.com/2021/07/30/facing ... ud-claims/
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”