Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Kendra

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Kendra »

Just heard on CNN, apparently the lead up to his speech was the Titanic music...
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

**Spoiler**

The ship sank.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

FiveAcres wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:18 pm **Spoiler**

The ship sank.
Fake news!

The iceberg rigged it!

It’s all a hoax, one day it will magically disappear
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Maybe they convinced him it reinstated :lol:

I have to admit Jim Acosta at the weekend desk is growing on me. He has a dry sense of humor with a good dose of snark that he sings at Trump. Only anchor I've seen today who mentioned the ill fitting pants.
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

As a former dressmaker (hobby, not professional) I am trying to figure out what is going on with the former guy's trousers. I don't think they are creases from improper hanging, because I think the folds would be sharper. If this is a silk suit, could he have been sitting for a long enough time in humidity to cause the horizontal folds? The other possibility is if his undergarments have slipped down pulling against the back seam of the trousers. This might also put stress on the front of the trousers causing the horizontal pull. His abdomen also looks too big for the trousers, which might cause horizontal folds as well. In fact, it looks like the trousers were not made for him. I can see why people think from the fit that maybe he put them on backwards.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

I've worn suits 5 days a week for **argle-bargle*** years now, only in lock down have I "gone to work" without the feel of fine worsted wool, French cuffs and spit polished black shoes.....

The one time I have seen such an unkempt suit was with a set of chaps who kept their "Friday Drinking Suits" stored in the server room which they changed into before a night of excessive drinking and prospective projectile vomiting.

The creases however have stumped me, the only similar, gathered horizontal, linear mass creasing has been on the back of the leg, behind the knee from someone who has been wearing the suit in high heat and humidity.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, he typically wears clothes that are too big for him, becasue he insists he is 6 foot one going on 6 foot three, rather than his 5 foot 11 inches natural height.

The only things that seem to actually fit him are his golf wear.
Hic sunt dracones
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Meh. trump has never been on the best dressed list. When he was Imposter in Chief he had people looking after his wardrobe. He doesn't have that now and he hasn't been able to get dressed in a presentable way ever since his mother wasn't able to dress him anymore.
Il factotum
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Trump sees himself as the Prince, King, Emporer, of ages past so, he's wearing a codpiece. Unfortunately, modern pants are not really made with codpieces in mind.

Now, if we must have a president pant fetish.. I present exhibit one. President Ford.

What's seen cannot be unseen.
► Show Spoiler
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I looked. :sick:

I suppose it would be horribly catty, but I would love :daydreaming: a tv host to get a designer of posh men's suits on air and speculate on this fashion debacle.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I find Ford's choice there inline with the tines back then. I like em, sorta, kinda.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Its a lot less garish than the white Tartan pants you can see in the background. Not to mention the bright blue pants of the guy who just walked past.
Hic sunt dracones
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Is that Gleason?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'd say yes
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Looks like him.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Me three, that's Gleason.
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:08 pm
Kendra wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:20 am Can someone like FRP, familiar with wearing suits, weigh in on what could cause those wrinkles?
I was almost completely at a loss. The theory that they're on backwards makes some small degree of logical sense, because there would be excess fabric from the seat that could bunch up if you did that. But I don't think so. So I did some experimenting in my closet.

The other thing that stuck out to me is that the trousers basically have no creases and are almost impossibly huge through the legs. (This at a time when I struggle to find suits that aren't entirely too tapered and restrictive through the thigh and below the knee.) They look more like bell-bottom jeans than suit trousers. That made a light bulb go off in my head. So here's my hypothesis:

If you're someone who doesn't really know anything about clothes beyond name brands and price tag, you probably also don't know anything about caring for your clothes. When you are President of the United States, this doesn't matter, because there is a staff of attendants who will dutifully send your suits out to be cleaned and see that they are hung properly. If you're just an asshole billionaire in declining mental health, this becomes a bigger issue. Now, a popular style of hanger for suits in the US is a regular hanger with a locking bottom piece to hold trousers in place. (I have no idea what this is called.) That needs to be used with caution, if at all. I don't use them. Why? Because if the trousers aren't completely flat on the creases when you lock the hanger, you're basically guaranteed to create ugly wrinkles across wherever they are draped, which is usually...the middle/top of the thigh. This problem is exacerbated if your trousers are cut super duper ultra full, in which case the excess fabric can bunch up easily and really get wrinkled. And it can cause the creases that are supposed to be there to vanish.

Either Trump has been mistreating this suit, or someone on what's left of his household staff couldn't be bothered to hang the trousers correctly. That's my theory. Basically he's not adjusting well to no longer being POTUS.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... backwards/
No, Trump Did Not Wear His Pants Backwards at Rally
You asked, so we watched the 90-minute speech.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

He sure owned the libs by wearing his pants the right way. :clap:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Possibly naively, I think it’s a case of wearing trousers that (for whatever reason(s)) are far too tight on the thighs/posterior areas and along with the nature of the fabric, and the way the DFO sits, resulting in appalling creases. I have no idea why they appear to not have any sign of ever having had creases ironed into them.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
somerset

Post by somerset »

neonzx wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:40 pm I find Ford's choice there inline with the times back then. I like em, sorta, kinda.
FIFY ;)

Yeah, it was the 70s.

As for the OSG's pants, there's no excuse for them being that wrinkled, let alone the super baggy cut. The guy still flies on a private jet with plenty of room for a suit carrier or ten, and has got to have more than enough suits to carry a fresh one. Why he would wear wrinkled pants for an important appearance like this makes no sense.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

There are many things I love about wrinkle-gate (or is it fly-gate, or fupa gate?). But what I love most is that nobody’s talking about what he had to say in his speech.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:13 pm Trump sees himself as the Prince, King, Emporer, of ages past so, he's wearing a codpiece. Unfortunately, modern pants are not really made with codpieces in mind.

Now, if we must have a president pant fetish.. I present exhibit one. President Ford.

What's seen cannot be unseen.
► Show Spoiler
At least the pants fit properly, and, to be fair, it WAS the seventies.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:25 pm There are many things I love about wrinkle-gate (or is it fly-gate, or fupa gate?). But what I love most is that nobody’s talking about what he had to say in his speech.
There was a speech? :confuzzled: :shock:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I don't think so. There's no-one quoting anything he said online.

I think he was just there modeling his pants. :confuzzled:
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”