Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
RVInit

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by RVInit »

Having to wear masks is exactly the same kind of abuse as Jews being rounded up , put on trains, and herded into gas chambers. Exactly. According to you-know-who

Thanks to the former guy and right wing media willingness to go along with, and parrot, this kind of rhetoric we have a nation now that is almost completely ungovernable. And this kind of pouring of gas onto the fire is just hastening our demise as a viable nation. Get this fucken woman off the airwaves. Now.

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, maybe she's right. Maybe she was stripped of her clothing, her head was shaven, and her children were taken away & dumped in a fire pit. All because she didn't wear a mask.... but probably not.

She' a Qidiot. Qanon is antisemitic. How dare she say shit like that.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:54 am We are on our way to a movement!!!!!! We have 5 humans plus woodworker's two cats. I have one cat, two dogs, and a horse. If we count granddogs and grand cats (4 + 1) the Squad organization now stands at 16.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/10511458/A ... Restaurant. Alice's Restaurant.
And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day
Walkin' in, singin' a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? Friends
They may think it's a Movement, and that's what it is THE Alices's
Restaurant anti-massacre movement! And all you gotta do to join is to
Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar

With feelin'

You can get anything you want at Alice's restaurant
Walk right in, it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railroad track

Don't forget a full regiment of Airborne Assault Dachshunds! (which is me plus two, but they certainly sing loud, if the doorbell rings)

I would also add that I have seen Arlo Guthrie live in concert more times than anyone I know, including twice at the Church where the actual events of the true story happened and six times on Thanksgiving weekend at Carnegie Hall in the front row.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:notworthy: :notworthy:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

"Alice's Restaurant" is one of the best albums of all time. I still have my vinyl copy.

I even liked the movie. (Movie trivia: Officer Obie played himself)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

noblepa wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 5:42 pm "Alice's Restaurant" is one of the best albums of all time. I still have my vinyl copy.

I even liked the movie. (Movie trivia: Officer Obie played himself)
So did several other people, including the blind Judge and his seeing eye dog.

Alice was in the movie as an extra more or less, but she did not play herself.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The Winner of the Internet today is

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Gregg wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:56 pm The Winner of the Internet today is

Yeah, stealing that.
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Because I had to look up that word. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perineum
Perineum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The perineum in humans is the space between the anus and scrotum in the male, or frenulum labiorum pudendi in the female.[2] The perineum is the region of the body between the pubic symphysis (pubic arch) and the coccyx (tail bone), including the perineal body and surrounding structures. There is some variability in how the boundaries are defined.[3] The perineal raphe is visible and pronounced to varying degrees. The perineum is an erogenous zone.[4]

The word perineum entered English from late Latin via Greek περίναιος ~ περίνεος perinaios, perineos, itself from περίνεος, περίνεοι ‘male genitals’ and earlier περίς perís 'penis' through influence from πηρίς pērís ‘scrotum’. The term was originally understood as a purely male body-part with the perineal raphe seen as a continuation of the scrotal septum since masculinization causes the development of a large anogenital distance in men, in comparison to the corresponding lack of distance in women.[5] As a result of folk etymologies (such as ἰνάω ináō, “to carry off by evacuations”), it is contemporaneously extended both sexes.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Oh yeah, she did that.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:45 am Oh yeah, she did that.

That looks more like a common hand shape made while talking than the OK sign I'm assuming they are alluding to. She does enough stupid shit intentionally that nobody needs to attribute stupid shit to her that is a stretch.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

The fact that she is hanging with armed terrorists is actually worse.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:49 am That looks more like a common hand shape made while talking than the OK sign I'm assuming they are alluding to. She does enough stupid shit intentionally that nobody needs to attribute stupid shit to her that is a stretch.
That's the insidious part of that hand gesture - it is common - and we'll never be able to prove it. She definitely does not subscribe to PC culture, and will argue until the cows come home that she was saying "OK". But, any normal public figure would be self aware enough to stop using that gesture. OTOH, she could have thrown it out there as bait just to get another 15 minutes in the news cycle.
Lani

Post by Lani »

She's hanging out with 3%ers and making the sign.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lani wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:57 am She's hanging out with 3%ers and making the sign.
If she is, she's not doing it very well.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

I am probably going to regret this question, but based on the upthread picture has anyone seen The titular Mama June and MTG in the same room?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

qbawl wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:09 am I am probably going to regret this question, but based on the upthread picture has anyone seen The titular Mama June and MTG in the same room?
No, I haven't.

Nor do I want to.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Looks to me like she's approving a plan to storm the Capitol.
Largo al factotum.
filly

Post by filly »

Captain Obvious point here, but MTG is playing the media like a fiddle. Days of cable news outrage amplifies her insanity, while her coffers keep overflowing.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

filly wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:44 am Captain Obvious point here, but MTG is playing the media like a fiddle. Days of cable news outrage amplifies her insanity, while her coffers keep overflowing.
Interesting note, she's using consulting firms for her fundraising that are known to charge as much as 80 cents of every dollar raised. So her eye-popping fundraising numbers are likely making those campaign consultants filthy rich more than they are building a formidable war chest.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
lunaluz

Post by lunaluz »

On Twitter anyway, I have decided to scroll by Margie's nonsense, a smart man I follow on twitter, pointed out both parties fundraise off her crap. I will use my energy for other things we can do something about. I do find it disturbing, how far she will go by openly harassing AOC and David Hogg.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:25 pm Interesting note, she's using consulting firms for her fundraising that are known to charge as much as 80 cents of every dollar raised. So her eye-popping fundraising numbers are likely making those campaign consultants filthy rich more than they are building a formidable war chest.
I wonder how long till someone finds a kickback trail...
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

neeneko wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:32 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:25 pm Interesting note, she's using consulting firms for her fundraising that are known to charge as much as 80 cents of every dollar raised. So her eye-popping fundraising numbers are likely making those campaign consultants filthy rich more than they are building a formidable war chest.
I wonder how long till someone finds a kickback trail...
An illegal one? I kind of doubt it. These kinds of consultants that help rake in big bucks and then take the lion's share of what a candidate raises are everywhere. When I was doing campaign strategy work a couple years back, a lot of our time was spent trying to avoid the consulting firms that were going to just bleed us. There's a whole ecosystem of campaign grifters and snake-oil salesmen. MTG is using one that really does help you raise a lot more money, you just end up giving most of it to them. But that doesn't matter, because the FEC reporting number for total raised at the end of the quarter is the only one anybody pays attention to. So MTG gets to look like a fundraising rock star and raise her profile, the consultants get rich, and the merry-go-round keeps spinning. No illegality necessary.

The only reason why this got noticed a while back by Pro Publica was because someone noticed that she was paying like $600,000 a quarter for "list rental" and stuff like that, which is usually how you pay these consultants. You're renting someone else's call list and raising money off those donors.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I get that is how it typically works, but given how MTG seems to be a bit of an amature with overconfidence issues, I am wondering if she will find some way to force such a situation anyway. She is kinda sloppy since it has not mattered her whole life, but now I could see her being sloppy in corruption in a way that gets her in troub.e.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I also don't know if she is smart enough to get kickbacks of any usefulness to herself and definitely not smart enough to be involved in normal politician kickback schemes. Besides FRPs mention above, normal political kickbacks involve using Congress to steer business to somebody. You really need to be on committees and have the ability to influence legislation to do that.

The fundraising consultants are making a killing on her ability to make noise.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”