Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
noblepa

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:44 pm
Marjorie Greene swears the increase in ivermectin poisonings is fake news — but won't say if she takes i
Sarah K. Burris
September 05, 2021

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has continued to push the livestock dewormer ivermectin on Twitter Sunday, though it is unclear if she is taking the drug too.

Greene, who has refused to say whether or not she is vaccinated, claimed that the dramatic increase in poisonings due to ivermectin was a lie.

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylo ... vermectin/
Asking if she takes ivermectin would violate HIPAA, wouldn't it? At least, she thinks it would.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Asking her doctor would violate HIPPA. She can talk about it all she wants.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:21 am Asking her doctor would violate HIPPA. She can talk about it all she wants.
Technically, I think asking her doctor wouldn't violate HIPAA, but if her doctor answered the question that would violate HIPAA.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RVInit wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:41 am Technically, I think asking her doctor wouldn't violate HIPAA, but if her doctor answered the question that would violate HIPAA.
Yes you are probably correct.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:21 am Asking her doctor would violate HIPPA. She can talk about it all she wants.
I know that. I was being sarcastic.

A few weeks ago, someone asked her if she was vaccinated. Her reply was that simply asking that question violated her rights under HIPAA.

At the time, many pundits (except those on Fox News) pointed out that it did not violate HIPAA. As others have pointed out, if her doctor answered that question without prior authorization from her, THAT would violate HIPAA.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Even before HIPPA, it was a violation for a doctor to breach confidentiality. Nothing stops her from giving out any information she chooses to share.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Marjorie's motto is "Believe me, nothing I say is true."
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:23 pm Marjorie's motto is "Believe me, nothing I say is true."
"Crede mihi, nihil, inquam, verum est."
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:59 pm
bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:23 pm Marjorie's motto is "Believe me, nothing I say is true."
"Crede mihi, nihil, inquam, verum est."
Is that Maritime Latin, or Common Latin?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸
@mtgreenee
Why are employees that work from home being told that must get vaccinated or they will be fired?

Is not your home the safest space to social distance and not spread #COVID19??

That’s why I introduced the We Will Not Comply Act to stop discrimination based on Vax status.
Has anyone heard of this? Probably something that mtg made up, but I'm just curious. I know my company requires vax for anything in-person (that includes drinks after work if work resources were used to organize it). But as long as you aren't in person, they just "strongly encourage" - no requirements. If someone truly is 100% remote, I'm not sure how I feel about an employer requiring a vax. They certainly have a vested interest in your health and you staying healthy, I suppose. But that would apply to smoking, drinking, yer weight, a whole host of things. I dunno. Anyway, mtg is a maroon, manere tranquillitas et portare in.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

This may be closer to her "native" tongue: "Elievebay emay, othingnay Iway aysay isway uetray."
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Keep doing GA proud Tinfoil-Greene.... :bored:

[I seriously need to get out of this state :panic: ]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
tek

Post by tek »

It may well be a blanket policy. There is no law that says a company has to segregate based on whether you show up in the office or not.

You don't like it, you are free to find another job.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:44 pm
Marjorie Greene swears the increase in ivermectin poisonings is fake news — but won't say if she takes i
Sarah K. Burris
September 05, 2021

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) has continued to push the livestock dewormer ivermectin on Twitter Sunday, though it is unclear if she is taking the drug too.

Greene, who has refused to say whether or not she is vaccinated, claimed that the dramatic increase in poisonings due to ivermectin was a lie.

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylo ... vermectin/
With a face like that, she's been taking it since puberty.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

She said "niegh"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:04 pm
She said "niegh"
Every time I see her smile I expect the next word out of her mouth is to be "WWiiilllbuurrr"....

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:02 pm It may well be a blanket policy. There is no law that says a company has to segregate based on whether you show up in the office or not.

You don't like it, you are free to find another job.
Yeah, I suppose I don't really have a problem with that. I did a quick search, and although it doesn't appear to be wide spread, there are definitely some large companies requiring fully remote employees to be vaxxed. FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:32 pm
Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸
@mtgreenee
Why are employees that work from home being told that must get vaccinated or they will be fired?

Is not your home the safest space to social distance and not spread #COVID19??

That’s why I introduced the We Will Not Comply Act to stop discrimination based on Vax status.
Has anyone heard of this? Probably something that mtg made up, but I'm just curious. I know my company requires vax for anything in-person (that includes drinks after work if work resources were used to organize it). But as long as you aren't in person, they just "strongly encourage" - no requirements. If someone truly is 100% remote, I'm not sure how I feel about an employer requiring a vax. They certainly have a vested interest in your health and you staying healthy, I suppose. But that would apply to smoking, drinking, yer weight, a whole host of things. I dunno. Anyway, mtg is a maroon, manere tranquillitas et portare in.
Some companies do have a surcharge on group insurance premiums for tobacco use.

I thought conservatives dont like to tell companies what to do.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

It seems quite reasonable that companies would want to ensure that their employees are fully vaccinated if and when they return to company premises.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

If the pun is bad enough, we'll have to rein you in and make you pony up.

You don't want to be saddled with that.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:24 pm It seems quite reasonable that companies would want to ensure that their employees are fully vaccinated if and when they return to company premises.
Agreed. Here all government employees, home or in office, are required to be vaccinated, with the possibility of an exemption. However then the employee has mandatory weekly tests.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

The NFL has a 90%+ employee vaccination rate. This past week they lowered their available player slots from 85 down to the in-season number of 53. The NFL is a meritocracy, you either play well enough to earn a roster spot or you get cut. This season an unstated (and against the agreement with the player's union) action teams used vaccination status as a criteria. The league rules for having a vaccination and not are so extraordinary in favour of those who are that aren't become a liability for the team. If the team can't trust you'll be available on game day you're not any use to the team.
wavey davey

Post by wavey davey »

Image Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Uninformed wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:24 pm It seems quite reasonable that companies would want to ensure that their employees are fully vaccinated if and when they return to company premises.
My day job has stated you need to be fully vaxed (or working on it maybe) by the beginning of October but that is because the most recent timetable for a return to the office is mid-October so they are prepping for a return. I wouldn't be surprised if MTG left out that tidbit because it does not fit her agenda.

My church job has not made that rule so no prob. Granted, there are only 3 employees and we are fully vaxed so it is rather moot. However, we are required to mask in the building though I think they are going with no mask if nobody is in your office at the time (sort of a moot point for me since I do my church paperwork from home).
101010 :towel:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”