Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by Frater I*I »

I present to you the ever classy Mrs. Greene, the next Speaker of the House... :hide:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/13/politics ... index.html
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

trash

q-bert greene is trash
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Greg Sargent
@ThePlumLineGS
·
1h
It's easy to dismiss Marjorie Taylor Greene as a crackpot. But her form of deranged anti-leftism is actually widespread among mainstream Republicans. It appears in standard-issue GOP ads and it regularly airs on the most popular right wing TV chat show:

https://washingtonpost.com/opinions/202 ... l-assault/

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I went to high school with a couple MTG's. Vulgar bullies with their vulgar henchwomen taunting from behind. No decency, no brains, no class. Taunting me, spitting at me, spreading rumors, destroying my stuff. I was not as smart as AOC, and certainly didnt have the composure. I fucking beat that harassing bitch in HS and have never felt bad about it.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:32 pm [1] I was not as smart as AOC, and certainly didnt have the composure. [2] I fucking beat that harassing bitch in HS and have never felt bad about it.
[1] I would dispute that madam.

[2] Nor should you ever.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New: A since-deleted video from 2019 shows MTG harassing
@AOC
's office through a locked door. Calling her "crazy eyes" and telling her through the office's mailbox slot to "get rid of your diaper" while telling the office to open the door and come out.

https://cnn.com/2021/05/14/politics/kfi ... index.html
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

OMG. Other than that, I'm speechless.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Who wants to bet that MTG took Covid money? I'm going to refer to her from now on as Vulgar Taylor Green.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:34 am OMG. Other than that, I'm speechless.
Only the best.

I would like to put all the people (call them maga folk) who think MargieQ is being a super star in this video in a room and study them to find out what parts of their brains are not working.

And yes, it is so high school. One of the reasons I dropped out of high school is because I found it extremely upsetting. Jackals.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Wellllll....who wants to let her know that AOC only needs to answer to the voters of her district, and not to some crazies from north west GA.

Strangely she pulled that card on me [well her staffer who answered for her], when I asked her on Facebook why she feels the need to make all of GA look like a bunch of inbred hicks, which earned me a block from her.

Seems that she gets that she needs only to please people in GA-14 and not care what those in GA-8, yet feels that a rep from NY-14 should answer to her :shrug:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I wonder if Joan of Arc came across this way.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.17.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 11.17.49 AM.png (235.24 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:02 am Wellllll....who wants to let her know that AOC only needs to answer to the voters of her district, and not to some crazies from north west GA.

Strangely she pulled that card on me [well her staffer who answered for her], when I asked her on Facebook why she feels the need to make all of GA look like a bunch of inbreed hicks, which earned me a block from her.

Seems that she gets that she needs only to please people in GA-14 and not care what those in GA-8, yet feels that a rep from NY-14 should answer to her :shrug:
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Isn't/wasn't there a lawsuit against someone (Trump, maybe) arguing that it is illegal for an elected federal official to block someone from posting to their official FaceBook account?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

I mean, isn't this sort of the inevitable end-state of Trumpism? If it doesn't matter what a person does as long as they say what their voters want to hear and hate who they hate, then electing a person who is as obviously disturbed as MTG seems completely reasonable, doesn't it?
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Another verbal altercation just happened in the House:

MTG’s spokesman Nick Dyer told
@RepSwalwell
: “Biden says you can take off your mask”

Swalwell confronted Dyer, got in his face and according to Dyer, said: “You don’t tell me what to fucking do!”
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:35 am I mean, isn't this sort of the inevitable end-state of Trumpism? If it doesn't matter what a person does as long as they say what their voters want to hear and hate who they hate, then electing a person who is as obviously disturbed as MTG seems completely reasonable, doesn't it?
Hrm.
This has some interesting implications for the whole 'marketplace of ideas' in politics. Generally in order to keep power one has to deliver some kind of reward to your supporters. This generally means policies that enrich donors or satisfy some priority of blocks of voters. But what happens when this reward system becomes divorced from public policy and becomes pure emotional well being? MTG and people like her.. they don't need to do any actual governing. They don't need to please lobbies, they don't need to please companies, they don't need to even please large donors. They don't even depend on funding from upstream groups like the GoP so they don't even need to keep them happy. All they need to do is behave in a way that excites their fans and then, they don't need to govern or even fundraise. This has some very worrying implications for democracy.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:notlistening:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Rep. Eric Swalwell@RepSwalwell
I had a mask on as I stepped off the Floor. An aide with @mtgreenee yelled at me to take my mask off. No one should be bullied for wearing a mask. So I told the bully what I thought of his order. Predictably, he went speechless. I regret I wasn’t more explicit.
https://twitter.com/RepSwalwell/status/ ... 4174369792
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The best response I’ve heard is I wear this mask so I won’t be mistaken for a trumper.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

So, MTG and her staff have gone from "my body, my choice" and "personal freedom" to, hey, nobody is allowed to wear a mask. How amazingly unshocking this is.

One of my reasons to wear a mask past next Monday is because it will piss off the anti-mask folks.

Granted, up here, there has been little issue with mask-wearing, and I will also continue to wear it to comfort those who take COVID seriously.
101010 :towel:
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

neeneko wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:43 pm
fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:35 am I mean, isn't this sort of the inevitable end-state of Trumpism? If it doesn't matter what a person does as long as they say what their voters want to hear and hate who they hate, then electing a person who is as obviously disturbed as MTG seems completely reasonable, doesn't it?
Hrm.
This has some interesting implications for the whole 'marketplace of ideas' in politics. Generally in order to keep power one has to deliver some kind of reward to your supporters. This generally means policies that enrich donors or satisfy some priority of blocks of voters. But what happens when this reward system becomes divorced from public policy and becomes pure emotional well being? MTG and people like her.. they don't need to do any actual governing. They don't need to please lobbies, they don't need to please companies, they don't need to even please large donors. They don't even depend on funding from upstream groups like the GoP so they don't even need to keep them happy. All they need to do is behave in a way that excites their fans and then, they don't need to govern or even fundraise. This has some very worrying implications for democracy.
This is something I think about a lot, and have worried about since Trump got elected. Governance as reality TV, more or less. Why take anything seriously when you can just "lol nothing matters" at everything?
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The Real Housewives of Washington DC.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:38 pm
neeneko wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:43 pm
Hrm.
This is something I think about a lot, and have worried about since Trump got elected. Governance as reality TV, more or less. Why take anything seriously when you can just "lol nothing matters" at everything?

Yes to all of the above. This IS MAGA in a nutshell.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:57 pm
Patagoniagirl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:32 pm [1] I was not as smart as AOC, and certainly didnt have the composure. [2] I fucking beat that harassing bitch in HS and have never felt bad about it.
[1] I would dispute that madam.

[2] Nor should you ever.
:yeahthat:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Wanderinglord

Post by Wanderinglord »

Interesting reporting on MTG breaking state tax laws
https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/fulton ... ZV44QC6XY/
Knowledge is power, power corrupts. Study hard be evil.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”