Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:35 am Why is Adam always depicted as having nipples and a belly button? What was the purpose for this sole human and only gender at the time?

Things that make you go "Hmm.." :think:

You really don't want me to explain why the goat is in the background do you?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:11 pm You really don't want me to explain why the goat is in the background do you?
:callonme:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The cat looks worried..
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:32 pm The cat looks worried..
It's pissed that its stupid servants are playing with each other and not feeding him. I'm pretty sure God and the cat were in agreement on the idiocy of those new fangled human things.
101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:32 pm The cat looks worried..
The cat knows about the goat.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

much ado wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:21 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:11 pm You really don't want me to explain why the goat is in the background do you?
:callonme:
Pervert. :rotflmao:

woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Ah, the goat -- one of the finest lawyer jokes ever.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Eden. Where men are men and goats are nervous?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

There are two goats, a male and a female. The cat should be worried.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I wasn't gonna say a damn word about the second goat. The first goat is all alone more than most people can handle, but the second goat, well, that's some next level weirdness, the kind of stuff that would make Hunter Thompson recoil in horror.

:cantlook:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I was just going to comment that I am pleased to see a little meat on the bones
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 am I was just going to comment that I am pleased to see a little meat on the bones
It was the sign of health back in the era when that was painted. Slender people were viewed as poor and undernourished. Check other paintings from that era and you'll see them built the same way.
Il factotum
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Nobody seems to have mentioned the serpent with a female head above and to the right of the lady.

Might could be a early version of Empty Gee, yesno?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.nga.gov
Hendrick Goltzius

The Fall of Man, 1616

Overview
In about 1600, Hendrick Goltzius, who was famous across Europe for his extraordinary abilities as a draftsman and printmaker, turned his talents to painting. In 1616 he painted this magnificent image of Adam and Eve reclining in the Garden of Eden like mythological lovers. By placing the almost life-size figures so close to the front of the picture plane, Goltzius entices the viewer to become emotionally engaged in this biblical narrative. Traditionally, images of the Fall emphasize shame, punishment, and the origins of humanity’s mortality, but Goltzius has chosen to present the event as a seduction based on physical attraction. Eve, with her back to the viewer, has already taken the first bite of the apple and turns with a knowing gaze toward Adam, who is utterly mesmerized by his companion.

Animals provide symbolical commentary. The serpent’s sweet female face represents the deceptiveness of appearances. The elephant in the distant field refers to the Christian virtues of piety, temperance, and chastity and serves as a symbolic contrast to Adam’s weakness of the flesh and infidelity to God. Goltzius included two goats, sometimes symbols for Eve, signifying a lack of chastity. The cat, representing the unjust judge, solemnly reminds viewers not to enjoy what they should condemn, lest they too cause more harm than good. Through these many symbolic references Goltzius suggests that humanity’s fall from grace is tied to Adam and Eve’s inability to restrain their physical appetites. The work exists within the classicist tradition, yet with this lavish painting Goltzius created an early example of what would be called the baroque style, a naturalistic manner of representation that depends upon the viewer’s empathetic response to fulfill its meaning.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Is the covering of his 'nads with poison ivy a recent addition?
Il factotum
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I want to know how Adam got a haircut. I also assume that's Eve because of the long hair. But we can only see the person's back, so it could be Steve. ;)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Since the Garden of Eden was allegedly either in Africa or the Middle East, I want to know why they look pasty white. Was the Garden underground?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

zekeb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:48 am
sad-cafe wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 am I was just going to comment that I am pleased to see a little meat on the bones
It was the sign of health back in the era when that was painted. Slender people were viewed as poor and undernourished. Check other paintings from that era and you'll see them built the same way.
Then I am healthy :)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I dunno, maybe she's thinking of RU-486. But she shorely don't know what she is talking about.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 pm Since the Garden of Eden was allegedly either in Africa or the Middle East, I want to know why they look pasty white. Was the Garden underground?
Because Jeebus was white too. They created Him in their own image.
Il factotum
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

covfefe wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:13 pm
There really needs to be a special position in the house where there entire job is to wait for people to begin sentences with things like 'words matter' yet proceed to use them incorrectly.. then walk over and hit them with a fish.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:36 am https://www.nga.gov
Hendrick Goltzius

The Fall of Man, 1616

Overview
In about 1600, Hendrick Goltzius, who was famous across Europe for his extraordinary abilities as a draftsman and printmaker, turned his talents to painting. In 1616 he painted this magnificent image of Adam and Eve reclining in the Garden of Eden like mythological lovers. By placing the almost life-size figures so close to the front of the picture plane, Goltzius entices the viewer to become emotionally engaged in this biblical narrative. Traditionally, images of the Fall emphasize shame, punishment, and the origins of humanity’s mortality, but Goltzius has chosen to present the event as a seduction based on physical attraction. Eve, with her back to the viewer, has already taken the first bite of the apple and turns with a knowing gaze toward Adam, who is utterly mesmerized by his companion.

Animals provide symbolical commentary. The serpent’s sweet female face represents the deceptiveness of appearances. The elephant in the distant field refers to the Christian virtues of piety, temperance, and chastity and serves as a symbolic contrast to Adam’s weakness of the flesh and infidelity to God. Goltzius included two goats, sometimes symbols for Eve, signifying a lack of chastity. The cat, representing the unjust judge, solemnly reminds viewers not to enjoy what they should condemn, lest they too cause more harm than good. Through these many symbolic references Goltzius suggests that humanity’s fall from grace is tied to Adam and Eve’s inability to restrain their physical appetites. The work exists within the classicist tradition, yet with this lavish painting Goltzius created an early example of what would be called the baroque style, a naturalistic manner of representation that depends upon the viewer’s empathetic response to fulfill its meaning.

There's a fekken Elephant?

A pachyderm?

Kids, I'm out. This shit is getting too strange for me.

(and that, dear reader, is saying something)

:nooo:

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

zekeb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:55 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 pm Since the Garden of Eden was allegedly either in Africa or the Middle East, I want to know why they look pasty white. Was the Garden underground?
Because Jeebus was white too. They created Him in their own image.

Jesus was a Palestinian Rebel.

(a thousand evangelical's head's explode)

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Why does Adam have no facial or body hair? Did doG create Gillette razors and Nair at the same time as Adam?

And they both look pudgy and outa shape... not what I'd imagine for a couple yougins spending 24-7 outside. Even the concern-cat needs to go on a diet.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

neonzx wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:14 pm Why does Adam have no facial or body hair? Did doG create Gillette razors and Nair at the same time as Adam?

And they both look pudgy and outa shape... not what I'd imagine for a couple yougins spending 24-7 outside. Even the concern-cat needs to go on a diet.
That's because the cat is a Fatcat Republican.
Il factotum

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”