Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

GOP VS. GOP - Me-ow!

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

GOP VS. GOP - Me-ow!

Post by Luke »

Poor Turd Blossom.
Trump Tells Fox News to Dump 'RINO' Karl Rove
By Charlie McCarthy | Thursday, 04 March 2021 10:47 PM

Former President Donald Trump told Fox News to dump Republican strategist Karl Rove in a statement from his political action committee Thursday. Rove wrote in The Wall Street Journal on Wednesday when he noted a so-called "muted enthusiasm" for Trump following a straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference showed 68% said the former president should run again in 2024.

"Never had much of a feeling for Karl, in that I disagreed with so many of the things he says. He's a pompous fool with bad advice and always has an agenda," Trump wrote in a statement from his Save America PAC. Trump added Rove was "a RINO of the highest order," saying Fox News should "get rid" of him, per the Washington Examiner. A senior adviser to former President George W. Bush, Rove has been a Fox News contributor since 2008.

Trump said Rove on Fox News "is always negative for those who know how to win. He certainly hasn't helped Fox in the ratings department, has he?" "Karl Rove is all talk and no action! Next time, Karl, save your election night phone call and keep doing a great job for the Democrats," Trump said.

The former president blamed Rove and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., for losing two Georgia runoffs that resulted in defeat for former Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., and former Sen. David Perdue, R-Ga. "Should have been an easy win but he and his friend Mitch blew it," said Trump, referring to McConnell's blocking of proposed $2,000 COVID-19 checks in the final relief package under the former president's administration.
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/karl- ... d/1012582/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: GOP VS. GOP - Me-ow!

Post by Volkonski »

Over 100 Republicans sign letter threatening to form third party
The group takes issue with the party's embrace of former President Donald Trump.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/100-rep ... itter_abcn
More than 100 Republicans, including some former elected officials, have signed a letter threatening to break from the GOP and form a third party, taking aim at the party's embrace of former President Donald Trump and his continued false claims that the 2020 election was "stolen."

"[W]hen in our democratic republic, forces of conspiracy, division, and despotism arise, it is the patriotic duty of citizens to act collectively in defense of liberty and justice," read the preamble to their letter released Thursday. "We, therefore, declare our intent to catalyze an American renewal, and to either reimagine a party dedicated to our founding ideals or else hasten the creation of such an alternative."

Naming the effort, "A Call for American Renewal," the group is calling for the Republican Party "to rededicate itself to founding ideals—or else hasten the creation of an alternative."

Miles Taylor, the former Trump Department of Homeland Security official who anonymously wrote a book and New York Times op-ed criticizing the Trump administration, co-organized the effort, which includes former members of Congress, governors, ambassadors, Cabinet secretaries, state legislators and Republican Party chairs among the 152 signatories.
https://www.acallforamericanrenewal.com/#sec1
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
much ado

Post by much ado »

It looks like some Republicans are picking sides. The others, who don't want to have to pick a side, will eventually be forced to do so.

What will the percentage split be? 40/60? 30/70? (The larger side being the Trumpists, of course.)

Which side will get more votes?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

"A Call for American Renewal" seems aimed directly at Trump and his minions.

This section will drive the white supremacists and Christian dominionists crazy-
7. Pluralism
We are committed to a pluralistic society defined by its ideals and welcoming to all peoples rightfully seeking safety, opportunity, and a better life by becoming contributing members of our diverse nation. We reject the notion that America should be characterized by the races, birthplaces, religious affiliations, or partisan identities of its citizens.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

much ado wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:14 am It looks like some Republicans are picking sides. The others, who don't want to have to pick a side, will eventually be forced to do so.

What will the percentage split be? 40/60? 30/70? (The larger side being the Trumpists, of course.)

I'm going with 90/10 for MAGA.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Are there any hurricanes or meteor showers or 747's falling out of the sky over Mar-a-lago anytime soon?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

All the money in the party is behind the MAGA/Trump movement. Marjorie Taylor Greene is raising inconceivable sums of money entirely because the GOP base approves of her brand of performative "own the libs" bullshit. A political movement without numbers or money on its side is doomed from the outset. The sooner these deluded Republicans wake up and realize that the only way to protect democracy is to ensure that the GOP stays out of power (by, yes, voting Democratic) until such time as the Republican Party abandons its present disdain for democratic values and institutions, the better.

But that's wishful thinking. All these idiots are just going to keep saying "Well, I was a Republican before Donald Trump, so I'm still a Republican now."
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
much ado

Post by much ado »

p0rtia wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:04 am
much ado wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:14 am It looks like some Republicans are picking sides. The others, who don't want to have to pick a side, will eventually be forced to do so.

I'm going with 90/10 for MAGA.
I was trying to be optimistic. :crying:
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I'm a glass half empty type of guy, so I will go with 85/15 tRump. I also suspect that the thugs will squander, grift and otherwise waste a significant percentage of the money that they are raising -- IMHO one of the most important principles the thugs have (to the extent they have any) is "it's mine, mine, mine and I want more."

And if Dog ever makes me god for a day, I am going to have a big red button that makes all republicans sterile and mute and then PRESS it (they are already dumb (psychologically), blind and deaf to anyone else).
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

I'm going to go out on a long limb and boldly predict that this will have as much impact on support for the Republican party as the Lincoln Project.

Which is to say, very little.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Notaperson wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:18 pm I'm going to go out on a long limb and boldly predict that this will have as much impact on support for the Republican party as the Lincoln Project.

Which is to say, very little.
Morons will reelect morons. It would be neat if McCarthy were defeated, though. :thumbsup:
Il factotum
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Will elected representatives defect? If so it could wreck Mitch's wall of NO. Otherwise, who cares?

DO they have Billionare backing? The sole remaining Koch was making redemptive noises last year. If they could pull out money backing away from the official GOP then that could make them a force.
Hic sunt dracones
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

https://pressrun.media/p/its-not-trumps ... ssAYylfuoQ

It's not Trump's "grip" on GOP that's driving its descent into madness

The clear implication is that Republicans were forced by Trump to take a position on the January commission that they did not agree with; that Republicans in the U.S. Senate are honest and decent people who put country over party, but they’re not able to do that right now because they live in fear of Trump’s power and political wrath.

Note that no Republican senators ever told journalists they were “afraid” of Trump, or that’s why most voted to scuttle the fact-finding mission. Reporters made that conclusion themselves as a way to explain dangerous GOP behavior — as a way to cover for the GOP instead of telling the glaring truth, which is that Republicans couldn’t care less what caused the bloody insurrection, or if it happens again.

This “grip” narrative is nonsense and it needs to stop —the Republican Party in recent weeks and months has made it clear with its anti-voter drive that it no longer adheres to the tenets of democracy, and that it is determined to permanently wound free and fair elections, passing laws that make it harder, and in many cases, impossible for lawful Americans to vote. Republicans are doing this because they want to. Not because they’re quivering at the sight of Trump.

more at link
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The former guy was the end product of what the republicans had already become, not the catalyst.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

x 1,000
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya. the only reason they are dragging the Procoagulant Ass into it is that they are still in love with him. and the clicks he brings.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I'm quite sure I don't want to know what procoagulant means. :fingerwag: :cantlook: :notlistening:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:20 pm The former guy was the end product of what the republicans had already become, not the catalyst.
I've been saying that for years. The GQP still hasn't learn from history, recent history at that. Ten years ago they decided to embrace fringe elements of the right wing, it cumulated with the previous president. Now they're doing it again for the sake of power [again], Cthulhu knows what will become of it this time [President Tinfoil Greene anyone... :cantlook: :hide: ]
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”