Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

Post by Volkonski »

Aaron Fritschner
@Fritschner
Last year Madison Cawthorn said Dems who used pandemic proxy voting were "cowards for hiding and not showing up to work."

He just filed with the House Clerk to proxy vote as the relief bill comes up "due to the ongoing public health emergency."

He's in Orlando speaking at CPAC

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Madison Cawthorn RWNJ in the House

Post by Luke »

He's a dopey 25-year-old jackass, who cares what he says. Folks should just chip in (or use an earmark if they bring them back) and get him a ball gag and restraints. :P He's pretty when he's silent.

Restraints.jpg
Restraints.jpg (21.23 KiB) Viewed 11236 times

Ball Gag.jpg
Ball Gag.jpg (9.27 KiB) Viewed 11236 times

Maddy.jpg
Maddy.jpg (145.11 KiB) Viewed 11236 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Since we're rebuilding. ANN's Pamela Brown slicing and dicing Cawthorn. I don't think he knew what hit him. OH has ex-acting Chad Wolf up shortly, can't wait.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... 49b0589f58
Luke

Post by Luke »

Realist, better sit down, you're going to be shocked. SHOCKED!
Madison Cawthorn accused of sexual harassment, falsifying his biography
March 2, 2021 at 4:15 p.m.

(CNN) — Congressman Madison Cawthorn is facing allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct by several women who say he put them in uncomfortable situations when he was a college student. The former classmates detailed to CNN on Monday how the rising star of the conservative right invited them to go for drives with him and then made unwanted advances. Allegations of sexual misconduct by Cawthorn, who at age 25 is the youngest member of Congress, have followed him since he launched his run for North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District. But the claims have gained renewed attention as the freshman Republican congressman has gained popularity in some corners by promoting the lie that the November election was illegitimate.

Cawthorn has repeatedly denied wrongdoing since the allegations first surfaced, and his office pointed CNN to a September 2020 statement from the lawmaker in which he said, “I have never done anything sexually inappropriate in my life.” The women alleging misconduct against the congressman are former classmates of his at Patrick Henry College in Virginia. Cawthorn attended the private Christian school for a short time in 2016 before dropping out, and it was during that time that the women say he made unwanted advances on them. “His M.O. was to take vulnerable women out on these rides with him in the car, and to make advances,” Caitlin Coulter, one of Cawthorn’s former classmates, told CNN in an interview. Coulter said Cawthorn used the term “fun drive” in extending the invitation. Once she was in the car, she said, he asked about her purity ring and her sexual experiences. She says she felt something was off and shut down the conversation. “He got really upset. And he whipped the car around and started going back to campus at 70-80 miles an hour on these one-lane roads,” she said. “And it was — it was really scary.”

Coulter’s account was also included in a broader investigation into Cawthorn by the Washington Post, which had been looking into the congressman’s biography. The Post article poked holes in parts of Cawthorn’s recounting of his personal story, including details related to the 2014 car accident that left him partially paralyzed at age 18. CNN spoke to two other women who went to school with Cawthorn, both of whom mentioned his invitations for “fun drives” and said that turning him down would result in more unwanted attention. “There was a lot of sexual innuendo,” said Leah Petree, another former student at the school. “It got really uncomfortable walking to and from class. He would yell out, ‘Are you ready to take that fun drive today?'” “That pestering continued. That attention was not what I wanted,” she said. In response to the latest allegations, Cawthorn’s office released a statement Monday, saying, “The voters of Western North Carolina responded to these allegations by giving Madison Cawthorn a 12-point victory over his opponent. Rep. Cawthorn is now busy doing the work he was elected to do including helping our economy recover from the pandemic, creating jobs and opportunity, making health care more affordable, protecting our natural environment and defending life and our Second Amendment rights.”

Cawthorn in December 2019 announced his engagement to marry Cristina Bayardelle, a fitness instructor, and late last year he said they had set a wedding date in April 2021. In addition to the claims by the former Patrick Henry students, at least two women have also alleged that Cawthorn had forcibly kissed or touched them years ago, claims he has previously denied. He told CNN last year that he regretted actions he took and apologized to anybody he “made feel uncomfortable.” “Looking back, I wish I could have changed my actions. If I made somebody feel uncomfortable in a situation, that is never my goal,” he said. But the allegations from Cawthorn’s time in college were widely known among former students — so much so that in October, more than 150 former students signed onto a letter blasting the then-candidate for his behavior during his stint at the school, which they wrote “was marked by gross misconduct towards our female peers.” “During his brief time at the college, Cawthorn established a reputation for predatory behavior. His modus operandi was to invite unsuspecting women on ‘joy rides’ in his white Dodge Challenger. Cawthorn would take young women to secluded areas, lock the doors, and proceed to make unwanted sexual advances,” the letter read, noting that women at the school were warned not to be alone with Cawthorn. The former students urged voters in North Carolina’s 11th Congressional District “to seriously reevaluate Madison Cawthorn’s candidacy in light of who he really is,” and called on them to “reject (him) at the ballot box.”

Cawthorn’s biography has also come under sharper scrutiny since the Post report. In a 2017 speech, Cawthorn alleged that after the car accident, the driver — his friend, Bradley Ledford — fled to safety and left him “to die in a fiery tomb.” Ledford told the Post that Cawthorn’s account was not true. “That statement he made was false,” Ledford told the Post. “That is not at all what happened. I pulled him out of the car the second that I was able to get out of the car.” A 2014 article in his hometown newspaper about the accident said Ledford broke the car’s window to pull his friend out. Cawthorn also claimed that he was declared dead by first responders, which the Post said was contradicted by the police report. Cawthorn’s parents have undercut his story in their own account, and Cawthorn later testified he has no memory of the accident.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/03/02/ ... biography/

Waiting for the Republicans screaming about Gov Cuomo to be equally outraged about Madison.

See? Ball gag and restraints were actually a good idea. Meanwhile, gay boi Twitter is conflicted:

Gay guys are thirsting over GOP newcomer Madison Cawthorn… but should they be?
By Graham Gremore June 24, 2020 at 1:06pm
https://www.queerty.com/gay-guys-thirst ... n-20200624

Mad.JPG
Mad.JPG (77.91 KiB) Viewed 11111 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Clearly I’m not gay.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lady G weighs in...

Oh sorry, that was regarding Cuomo. I’m sure he feels the same way about Cawthorn though.
I’m being sarcastic.
I’m being sarcastic.
F08E0A55-E54B-42B8-ACC8-A70DAC627974.png (54.05 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Lani

Post by Lani »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:01 pm Clearly I’m not gay.
From the first time I saw him, I thought Cawthorn looked like every other privileged white male, i.e., not surprised that he assaulted women.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Lets leave the word "assaulted" where it belongs, please. Sounds like he used to make unwanted sexual advances and get pissy when they were rejected, but there is no account in that article of him actually attacking anyone, at least not physically.
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

Suranis wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:12 pm Lets leave the word "assaulted" where it belongs, please. Sounds like he used to make unwanted sexual advances and get pissy when they were rejected, but there is no account in that article of him actually attacking anyone, at least not physically.
I'm going with assault. Definition: generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

The students wrote that "he forcibly kissed or touched them" and took "young women to secluded areas, lock the doors, and proceed to make unwanted sexual advances", then proceed to drive "back to campus at 70-80 miles an hour on these one-lane roads. It was scary."
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
raison de arizona

Forcibly kissing and touching is assault, no need to detail any misdeeds beyond that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Yes, let's leave the word assaulted exactly it where it belongs, which is in the reports of the women. Legally, there doesn't even need to be physical contact for something to be an assault, so by "forcibly" doing anything, he has exceeded the minimum requirement for an assault.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I vote for assaulted!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Definitely assault, but, IANAL question: could it rise to sexual battery?
Image Image Image Image
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

As I was taught, under common law an assault is an attempt to physically touch someone, and battery is actually touching. If I take a swing at you and miss, I have committed assault. That may not be the way the criminal statutes are written in any particular state.

But driving 70 to 80 mph on a single lane road for the purpose of scaring a lady is terrorism, not assault. It does fit with him wrecking a car and ending up in a wheelchair. Karma can be a real bitch.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 am As I was taught, under common law an assault is an attempt to physically touch someone, and battery is actually touching. If I take a swing at you and miss, I have committed assault. That may not be the way the criminal statutes are written in any particular state.

But driving 70 to 80 mph on a single lane road for the purpose of scaring a lady is terrorism, not assault. It does fit with him wrecking a car and ending up in a wheelchair. Karma can be a real bitch.
IANAL, but I was taught that assault is any action which may cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety, or the safety of others, taking into account the time, place and circumstances.

Battery is actual physical contact.

Pointing a gun at someone, even without pulling the trigger, clearly meets that definition.

Driving a girl to a remote spot, where she has no reasonable avenue of escape, and then making any kind of unwanted sexual advance, also, IMHO, meets that definition. Trying to physically force her to kiss him, or groping her, meets the definition of battery.
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:43 am
Foggy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 am
IANAL, but I was taught that assault is any action which may cause a reasonable person to fear for their safety, or the safety of others, taking into account the time, place and circumstances.

Pointing a gun at someone, even without pulling the trigger, clearly meets that definition.

Driving a girl to a remote spot, where she has no reasonable avenue of escape, and then making any kind of unwanted sexual advance, also, IMHO, meets that definition. Trying to physically force her to kiss him, or groping her, meets the definition of battery.
I'm aware of a few judges instructions to jurors that agree with you. Unfortunately sexual assault tends to be harder to make stick. Here's hoping that raging incompetence does him in career wise and the rest of his ilk as well.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The people who voted for him will think raging incompetence is a plus.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:29 pm The people who voted for him will think raging incompetence is a plus.
Yup. He doesn't care about legislating. He doesn't care about fixing problems. You can see him literally say it in those exact words below. He just cares about PR. Bad PR. This was on the old board, but it is worth mentioning here as well.
Cawthorn Joins Firebrand GOP Colleagues On Far-Right Media

Shortly after taking his seat in Congress last month, Madison Cawthorn emailed his Republican colleagues to tell them of his intended role. “I have built my staff around comms rather than legislation,” he wrote, using the slang word for public relations.

An Esquire magazine headline offered this translation of the freshman congressman’s words: “It’s not about legislating, or fixing problems. It’s about the show.” If so, the show is not designed to appeal to Western North Carolina’s mainstream Republicans, independents or Democrats, despite Cawthorn’s post-election promise to be the congressman for all his constituents.

A new and featured attraction of Cawthorn’s “comms” is his own channel on a Dubai-based social-media platform, Telegram Messenger. Telegram was relatively unknown in the United States until after the Jan. 6 Capitol pro-Trump insurrection, when Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other services stepped up restrictions against disinformation, including debunked claims that President Biden “stole” the election, delusional conspiracy theories, and reckless assertions that the pandemic is a hoax.

On Telegram, the 25-year-old Hendersonville lawmaker joins like-minded figures on the far-right fringe of the Republican Party, including former QAnon-proponent Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia), gun-toting Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colorado), arch-Trump defender Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Florida), Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani, and MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell.

Just days since its launch on Feb. 3, Cawthorn’s channel has become a gathering place for conspiracy theorists, fellow 2020 election deniers, to-the-death Trump backers, gun-rights advocates, Capitol insurrection apologists, and fans who urge the young congressman onward and rightward.

“I’m always looking for ways to speak directly to fellow patriots,” Cawthorn wrote. “Join my telegram channel for daily updates as we stand firm and speak out in defense of America!”
https://www.bpr.org/post/cawthorn-joins ... a#stream/0
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't think I knew he was from Hendersonville. We have friends who live there (in a gated community at the top of the mountain! :oops: ). I'll bet they voted for him.

I need that puking icon. For Cawthorn and my friends.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Baidn wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:25 pm
noblepa wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:43 am
Foggy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 am

I'm aware of a few judges instructions to jurors that agree with you. Unfortunately sexual assault tends to be harder to make stick. Here's hoping that raging incompetence does him in career wise and the rest of his ilk as well.
Whether something is or isn't assault is going to depend on how the jurisdiction defines the offense.

I practice in the military, which recognizes two broad types of assault - "attempt" and "offer." An attempt requires specific intent to inflict bodily harm plus an overt act. An offer requires an intentional or culpably negligent act or omission causing another to have a reasonable fear of immediate bodily harm.

We also have varying degrees of assault. Simple assault is an attempt or offer done without legal justification or excuse and without consent of the victim. Assault consummated by a battery is where the attempt or offer actually results in a touching. Aggravated assault is an attempt or offer done with a means likely to result in death or grievous bodily injury.

It's a lot more complicated than that, when you consider the intent required and potential defenses involved, but that's the gist.

But sexual assault, in the military at least, is a whole other kettle of fish. We have abusive sexual contact, aggravated sexual contact, sexual assault, and rape. The main difference between abusive sexual contact and sexual assault and rape is that sexual assault and rape require penetration. There are many, many other differences. It's really confusing, even for those of us who deal with it every single day (I have to look it up every time). In fact, there are 22 different ways to violate Article 120 of the UCMJ, and I spend at least a half hour in every case just trying to figure out what the guy was charged with (which leaves me wondering how the average servicemember could know what is and is not permitted - best to keep the hamster in the pocket).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Luke

Post by Luke »

Here's his channel: https://t.me/MadisonCawthorn 130K subscribers
Conservative • Business Owner • Political Activist • I love people, food and our country • Congressman for NC-11 🇺🇸

https://secure.winred.com/cawthornfornc ... -mvp?sc=TW
Not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
Madison Cawthorn, [22.02.21 14:54]
This “Covid” bill is what’s wrong with Washington.

Covid Provisions: $825 billion dollars.

Giving Planned Parenthood loans intended for small businesses/checks to illegal immigrants: $1 trillion dollars.

This bill is a “Covid relief package” like Kraft Singles is “cheese.”

Madison Cawthorn, [22.02.21 17:34]
There are families in my district who are struggling...

There are families in my district who have lost their businesses...

There are families in my district that need to feed their kids and don’t know how...

This bill puts illegal immigrants over families in my district...

Madison Cawthorn, [23.02.21 14:57]
Blue-collar workers are realizing that the Democrats don’t care about them.

Democrats only care about pleasing the rich elites who fund them.

Madison Cawthorn, [23.02.21 16:40]
“Democratic socialism” is just socialism with a shiny new coat of paint. Don’t be deceived.

Madison Cawthorn, [24.02.21 10:43]
Biden/Harris Dictionary:

Rioters/Looters = Peaceful Protestors

Kids in Cages = Migrant Children in Overflow Facilities

Men Dominating Women’s Sports = Equality and Progress

Concentration Camps = Different Cultural Norms

Madison Cawthorn, [25.02.21 17:48]
[ Photo ]
Nancy Pelosi is using your tax dollars to fund her liberal wish list. The Swamp is back.

Madison Cawthorn, [26.02.21 15:13]
Americans must prioritize individual responsibility if we are to save this Republic.

Madison Cawthorn, [28.02.21 18:06]
“Read that article” - President Trump👇🏻🇺🇸

https://t.co/QZpwqEimxJ

Madison Cawthorn, [28.02.21 19:14]
[ Video ]
It’s time for a Republican Party that puts America first!

Madison Cawthorn, [01.03.21 11:17]
H.R. 1 is nothing more than a power grab by the swamp Democrats.

They want to take away every ounce of election integrity. This is going to destroy the confidence that everyday Americans have in our voting processes.

Madison Cawthorn, [02.03.21 11:47]
[ Video ]
I was on Fox and Friends first this morning to discuss how Democrats blame Trump for the problems they create.

Biden invited illegal immigrants into our nation and now complaints that Donald Trump didn’t build him facilities to house them.

I knew Democrats liked handouts, but who knew they wanted them from Trump too?

Madison Cawthorn, [02.03.21 16:44]
[ Photo ]
HR 1. Is a Dumpster Fire. It would take the 2020 election system, with all of its legal violations and Democrat manipulation and codify it into law.

If this bill passes, then American Democracy crumbles.

I promise you, I will fight this legislation and call it out for what it is: an assault on America.

Madison Cawthorn, [03.03.21 14:13]
[ Video ]
Democrats are trying to hijack our election system...again! We must stop them!

Madison Cawthorn, [04.03.21 12:21]
Last night, under cover of darkness, from behind locked doors and armed guards, Democrat elites schemed to change the fabric of American Democracy forever.

Don’t be fooled, Democrats have placed power over people, and HR 1. Is their first attempt at solidifying their power grab.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

He looks like he's wearing a tutu in that photo.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Jasmine Beach-Ferrara @JBeachFerrara 2h
I am Democrat Jasmine Beach-Ferrara. I am running against Madison Cawthorn. Thanks to you we have added 110K followers in a day. Incredible! My opponent has 256K.

How far can we go? Please help retweet this and ask everyone you know to follow this account to build our platform!

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Daniel Dale
@ddale8
·
9m
A Cawthorn source said he wasn’t saying the government spends zero dollars on homeless vets period — just that a new Biden contract to house migrant families doesn’t include any dollars for homeless vets. I do not think this explanation makes any sense.

Like, this deal is to house migrants. Of course it doesn’t include money for vets. That’d be like saying “Biden just signed a $50M contract to fix a road, and yet we have $0 going to homeless vets,” and then claiming “no no I just meant $0 for vets *in this road contract*.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”