Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by Luke »

This fucking turtle weasel.*
McConnell would support Trump if he got 2024 Republican nomination
The remark comes amid a row between the former president and the Senate minority leader in the wake of the Jan. 6 Capitol riots — an event for which McConnell blamed Trump.
By MATTHEW CHOI 02/25/2021 07:19 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday he would support Donald Trump in 2024 if he became the Republican presidential nominee, less than two weeks after condemning the former president for the Capitol insurrection. “The nominee of the party? Absolutely,” McConnell told Fox News’ Bret Baier on Thursday when asked whether he would back Trump if he got the nomination. The remark comes amid a dramatic, public row between the former president and McConnell in the wake of the Jan. 6 Capitol riots — an event for which McConnell blamed Trump in scathing statements on the Senate floor. Trump in turn blasted McConnell last week as an “unsmiling political hack” who is weakening the Republican Party.

During his interview with Baier, McConnell stopped short of offering his immediate support for Trump in what is likely to be a crowded Republican 2024 field. McConnell stressed that numerous other Republicans had also hinted their intentions of a 2024 presidential run. “There’s a lot to happen between now and ’24,” McConnell said. “I’ve got at least four members that I think are planning on running for president, plus some governors and others. There’s no incumbent. It should be a wide-open race and fun for you all to cover.”

McConnell signaled his desire to move on from the 2020 elections and focus instead on retaking the House and Senate in 2022. When asked about Trump’s role in the Republican losses in the special elections for Georgia’s Senate seats, McConnell flatly said: “I don’t have any further observations to make about that. We’re looking forward.” McConnell also rebuffed Trump’s attack against him that he was injuring the party’s prospects. McConnell maintained that there was no “civil war” within the party and that it remained competitive with Democrats in razor-thin majorities in the House and Senate.

The specter of a Trump run in 2024 continues to hover over the party, with the former president remaining popular among Republican voters. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) predicted on Tuesday that Trump would win the nomination in 2024 should he make another go at the White House.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/2 ... 024-471672

*Y'all know I don't swear often, but Addison deserves it.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by AndyinPA »

Of course he would. :evil:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:55 pm Of course he would. :evil:
And with this blow, democracy has died...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What's he going to say? He's such a liar, it's possible he's expressing public support while praying trump gets indicted before the 2024 season gears up. If Vance can make his problem go away, so much the better.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

When Breanna Keilar interviewd Charlie Dent earlier today on CNN, Charlie opined that McFossil has to fall in line behind the titular head of the Republican party in public, but will be working behind the scenes so that the does not secure the 2024 nomination. I know nuttin' about the political gamesmanship, so this could be a sensible statement.

With that being said, the former guy has a lot on his plate with a torrent of potential lawsuits, a $400+ million debt stroke due, and generally declining health. He is borderline obese, eats poorly, does not exercise, and has bowel issues that will not improve. He had that episode at USMA when he needed two hands to bring a cup of water to his mouth and when he was unsteady walking down a ramp. A few have suggested that he may have had a small TIA when he was whisked to Walter Reed 18 months ago.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

humblescribe wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:02 pm He is borderline obese,
FWIW, according to his last (public) physical, June 2020, he does in fact meet the criteria for being obese.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

One of the reasons he insists he is 6 foot 3 despite being 6 foot 1 in the lifts in his shoes is that if he is 6 foot 3 he slithers past the criteria for being obese if he is 240 pounds.

H a h a.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Mitchell’s evil half. The other evil half. Both halves are evil.
Inspector General’s Report Cites Elaine Chao for Misuse of Office

The report said the Justice Department declined to investigate her promotion of her family’s shipbuilding business while serving as transportation secretary in the Trump administration.

WASHINGTON — The Transportation Department’s inspector general asked the Justice Department in December to consider a criminal investigation into what it said was Elaine Chao’s misuse of her office as transportation secretary in the Trump administration to help promote her family’s shipping business, which is run by her sister and has extensive business ties with China.

In a report made public on Wednesday, the inspector general said the Justice Department’s criminal and public integrity divisions both declined to take up the matter in the closing weeks of the Trump administration, even after the inspector general found repeated examples of Ms. Chao using her staff and her office to help benefit her family and their business operations and revealed that staff members at the agency had raised ethics concerns.

“A formal investigation into potential misuses of position was warranted,” Mitch Behm, the department’s deputy inspector general, said on Tuesday in a letter to House lawmakers, accompanying a 44-page report detailing the investigation and the findings of wrongdoing.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/03/us/p ... eport.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Moar, they flagged her from the go.
Elaine Chao’s efforts to promote her family drew early scrutiny from ethics lawyers.

It was late summer 2017, and staff members at the Transportation Department were working feverishly to nail down details for the first planned trip to Asia by their boss, Elaine Chao, a visit that was slated to include meetings with senior government officials in China.

But alarm bells were going off in the department’s general counsel’s office. Ms. Chao’s aides had been instructed to include her father and sister — who ran a global shipping business with major operations in China — in high-level meetings during the trip.

Ethics lawyers quickly flagged the plans as problematic, noting that they could benefit the Chao family business, the Foremost Group, in an industry overseen by the Transportation Department.

“The ethics team expressed concerns that if the secretary were to engage in ‘public diplomacy’ events at locations closely connected with the Foremost Group, it would provide an inappropriate advantage, in the form of publicity, to Secretary Chao’s family’s business,” notes taken by Transportation Department lawyers in September 2017 said.

The notes, made public this week in a new report issued by Transportation Department’s inspector general, show how officials in the department were worried early in Ms. Chao’s tenure about what the inspector general would later determine to be a pattern of using her office to benefit her family.

The ethics concerns reached Jeffrey A. Rosen, then the Transportation Department’s deputy secretary, who later moved to the Justice Department.
<snip>
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/04 ... cs-lawyers
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell told a press conference in his home state of Kentucky on Monday. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”
Irony is officially dead.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... plnews_d-1
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Meanwhile, Addison pisses off Joe Hoft and the Gateway House of Boys (and Pundits):

(AUGH? :lol: a. A word sharing qualities with Argh, but not quite as piratey. Augh is used as a general utterance of frustration and anger)
AUGH – Mitch McConnell Defends Fauci – “He’s the Most Reliable Witness I’ve Seen”
By Joe Hoft Published April 6, 2021 at 8:24am

Republican Minority Senate leader McConnell provides another example of how out of touch he is. McConnell was the first to claim President Trump lost the 2020 election despite tons of evidence that the election was stolen and now he’s supporting the contradictory, dangerous and insane Dr. Fauci. Mediate reported yesterday:

Senator Mitch McConnell (R-KY) affirmed Monday he still has confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci, amid criticism from some of his Republican colleagues. During an event Monday encouraging vaccination, the Senate Minority Leader again referenced the polling showing hesitancy from Republican men and said they should all be getting the vaccines because they’re safe and effective. McConnell was first asked about the Biden administration’s infrastructure bill before one reporter asked if he still has “total confidence” in Fauci. McConnell shared this on ABC:

Minority Leader McConnell expresses confidence in Dr. Fauci: “I think he’s the principal person we’ve relied on the last couple of years, that’s become somewhat controversial, I gather. But, we have to take advice from somebody and…he’s the most reliable witness I’ve seen.” pic.twitter.com/wZvoDJCvZ1
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) April 5, 2021

To most individuals who have been around – Dr. Fauci is a sociopath. Fauci ruined an economy, he ruined lives and his misdiagnosis caused tens of thousands of seniors to die from the virus. Mitch McConnell is showing daily his lack of good judgment. Labeling Dr. Fauci “reliable” is just plain crazy.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ness-seen/

Around where, Joe?

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

At this point, it costs Moscow Mitch nothing to say that he would support Trump if he runs in 2024. To say otherwise right now would buy him nothing and would probably piss off the Trump followers.

There is no Republican heir-apparent at the moment. There isn't even a field of potential candidates who intend to run. If either emerges, and if Trump's hold over the party wanes, McConnell can easily change his mind. In August, 2024, no one will remember that, in April, 2021 he said he would support Trump.

The fact that Trump has not unequivacably stated his 2024 intentions could be problematic for Republicans. Normally, about now, potential candidates would be jockeying for position as the 2024 nominee, but no one wants to appear to be challenging Trump. Exploratory committees would be formed, straw polls would be taken. There is no sign that any of that will happen any time soon.

To challenge Trump now would be seen by his followers as challenging the incumbent, and therefore treason.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Chilidog wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:23 pm
“I found it completely discouraging to find a bunch of corporate CEOs getting in the middle of politics,” McConnell told a press conference in his home state of Kentucky on Monday. “My advice to the corporate CEOs of America is to stay out of politics. Don’t pick sides in these big fights.”
Soooo now corporations aren't people too, who have freedom of speech....except when it comes to GQP campaign contributions...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:29 pm
Chilidog wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:23 pm
Soooo now corporations aren't people too, who have freedom of speech....except when it comes to GQP campaign contributions...
It's always as it's ever been - if you're a corporation you can do whatever you want and say whatever you want as long as it aligns with conservative Republicans.

I lost track of all the companies Republicans were going to boycott back when same sex marriage was going through the courts. There were whole lists of companies for Republicans to avoid because they came out in support of same sex marriage.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

11demo
@11demo11
·
Apr 9, 2021
Replying to @Angry_Staffer
Do you suppose we could get 10 or more r's to support some bills if mitch's obstruction weren't a factor?

Angry Staffer
@Angry_Staffer
I think so. Mitch does a good job keeping his caucus in line, and he’s determined to block all of Biden’s agenda, no matter how popular it is with the American people.

When he retires (supposedly coming soon, btw — health reasons) I think it improves.
8:45 PM · Apr 9, 2021
Luke

Post by Luke »

Addison isn't retiring, all that's about is changing KY law so he can name his successor. He'll die in that chair.

Meanwhile, DL2XIT is mad as hell that Addison won't take the bait & laughs at him. This is fabulous, internal war will be great for 2022. For Democrats. 8-)

'Dumb son of a bitch': Trump rips McConnell at Mar-a-Lago
The former president spoke at an RNC donor retreat Saturday night.
By ALEX ISENSTADT 04/11/2021 12:07 AM EDT

Former President Donald Trump ripped into Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell before a Republican National Committee donor retreat Saturday evening, deriding him as a “dumb son of a bitch.” Trump veered off his prepared during a roughly 50-minute speech before several hundred well-heeled GOP donors at his Mar-a-Lago resort in South Florida, saying that he was “disappointed” in former Vice President Mike Pence, calling last year's presidential election election a “fraud” and mocking Dr. Anthony Fauci.

The former president spent several minutes tearing into McConnell, saying that he didn’t do enough to defend him during the February impeachment trial. At one point, three people familiar with the remarks said, Trump called the Senate GOP leader a “dumb son of a bitch.” Trump also went after McConnell’s wife, former Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, for resigning her cabinet post after the Jan. 6 insurrection. A spokesperson for McConnell, the Kentucky Republican who was just reelected to a seventh six-year term last year, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

The latest verbal broadside against McConnell, the most powerful Republican still in elected office, comes as Trump reemerges as a dominant force in GOP politics. The former president has, in recent days, sought to rev up his small-dollar fundraising apparatus, and he is issuing a steady stream of endorsements for the 2022 midterm elections, in addition to battles over state party chairmanships. Though many of Trump's 2022 endorsements align with McConnell's preferences, including backing a number of incumbent GOP senators for reelection, he has occasionally gotten crosswise with the Senate leader. Trump has pledged to oppose GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski in next year's Alaska elections after Murkowski voted for his conviction in the Senate trial, though McConnell and his top allies say they will support Murkowski's reelection.

It isn’t the first time Trump has gone after McConnell since leaving office. In February, Trump released an extensive statement bashing McConnell for being “a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack.” The statement came just days after McConnell took to the Senate floor to flay Trump for his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection. Several attendees said there was little response to Trump’s insult.

Much of Trump's Saturday night speech was aimed at relitigating the election results, on which the former president has remained fixated. At one point he said he remained disappointed with Pence for not doing more to stop the certification of the election, which he called “rigged.” Trump’s ongoing criticism of Pence has created a rift in their relationship. While several other potential 2024 Republican hopefuls made the trek to South Florida for the event, Pence did not. The former president also savaged Fauci, saying that he gave him bad advice. He poked fun of Fauci for botching a first pitch at last year’s opening day game for the Washington Nationals. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who spoke before Trump, also went after Fauci, sources said.

The three-day event drew a number of potential 2024 GOP contenders, including DeSantis, South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). Also present were several 2022 midterm election candidates, including Jane Timken and Bernie Moreno, both of whom are seeking Ohio’s open Senate seat.The confab was held mainly at the Four Seasons Resort in Palm Beach, though for the Saturday evening dinner attendees made the short jaunt north up A1A to Mar-a-Lago.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/1 ... rnc-480748
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

The GOP’s efforts to restrict voting and gerrymandering to bolster their position given the changing demographics etc addresses only some of their issues. What must be of serious concern to the leadership is the possibly damaging loss of Republican donors/voters alienated by the antics of the DFO and his enablers/supporters. The repeated theatrical disagreements with Mitchell are just part of maintaining a facade that the GOP is not in thrall to, and in some cases active supporters of, the DFO and his elk. (If there was an obvious successor to the DFO there can be no doubt Mitchell would vote face in an instant).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
raison de arizona

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mcconnell-hi ... 25838.html

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told radio host Hugh Hewitt on Monday that it is "highly unlikely" a Supreme Court nominee picked by Biden would be confirmed in 2024 if Republicans take control of the Senate.

Why it matters: A record number of judges, plus three Supreme Court justices, were confirmed under Trump. Democrats have pledged to "restore the balance" of the courts.

What they're saying: Hewitt asked if McConnell would block Biden from filling a 2024 Supreme Court vacancy as he blocked Obama from replacing the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

"Well, I think in the middle of a presidential election, if you have a Senate of the opposite party of the president, you have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy was filled," McConnell said.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
lunaluz

Post by lunaluz »

I came across this on MSN:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

What I thought was interesting is his daughter "Porter McConnell, who campaigns against big money in politics and against Republican attacks on voting rights. McConnell, the paper said, “declined to respond directly” when asked about his daughter’s activism."
Sure enough here she is on Twitter, I naturally gave her a follow.https://twitter.com/PorterMcConnell
raison de arizona

I would say unbelievable, but consider the source.
raison de arizona

:sick:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:explode:

NO. NO. NO.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Biden is playing the long game

he has the turtle's number

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”