Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dominion Sues MyPillow And Mike Lindell For $1.3B

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Dominion Sues MyPillow And Mike Lindell For $1.3B

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

tek wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:53 pm But never fear, Dersh is here!
Now Dersh needs a cape!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
tek

Post by tek »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 pm]

Found one!
dersj.jpg
dersj.jpg (118.29 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Let's change the color so as to not place a stain on Captain Underpants. How about brown?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:12 pm
tek wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:53 pm But never fear, Dersh is here!
And one of those beanies with a propeller on top....

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Crosspost from Frank:

NEW: Lindell's new liefest is out on YouTube (until they take it down). This is "Absolute Interference"... heard he ran it on Frank yesterday, OAN gets it for a few days, it's not on Frank or LindellTV.com but this dude must have downloaded it and is reuploading it now. Typical hysterical delusions.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Since when does Michael Flynn know a fucking thing about elections? :mad:

I tried watching it (in incognito mode, so as not to make the algorithm think I want more videos like this). I made it through approximately 2 minutes before I wanted to hurl my laptop out the window.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:40 pm Since when does Michael Flynn know a fucking thing about elections? :mad:

I tried watching it (in incognito mode, so as not to make the algorithm think I want more videos like this). I made it through approximately 2 minutes before I wanted to hurl my laptop out the window.
The entire list of experts that have been trotted about during all of this has been those with no election experience nor any experience with electronic elections systems. It is the only "experts" they are able to find and since their followers determine expertise by "they say what I want to hear," they just go for a well-known name, if possible.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

These MAGAts would let Flynn perform their brain surgery and consider it their honor.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Forgive me if this has been covered.

I went back and read the original WSJ article in the first post of this thread. The article says that Dominion is suing both Mike Lindell personally and suing the MyPillow company, as well.

I understand suing Lindell, as he is the one making the outrageous claims.

I don't quite understand why the MyPillow company should be a defendant. I realize that, as principle owner, Mike Lindell essentially IS MyPillow, but legally the two are separate entities.

Is Dominion alleging that Lindell was speaking, not in his personal capacity, but in his capacity as CEO of MyPillow?

Did Lindell use company resources to conduct his alleged defamation?

Were any of the defamatory statements released on corporate letterhead or the company's website?

Is there any chance that the court will dismiss the corporation as a defendant?
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:32 am These MAGAts would let Flynn perform their brain surgery and consider it their honor.
Two points: First, allowing Flynn to perform brain surgery on MAGATs assumes they have brains, so objection, assumes facts not in evidence; Second, even if we allow for the existence of MAGAT brains, they are clearly already so damaged and beyond repair that it is possible Flynn surgery would not result in any further injury. In fact, mutual frontal lobotomies might be considered a success.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I think he used promo codes and such to promote his brand of disinformation.
Jim

Post by Jim »

noblepa wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:49 am Forgive me if this has been covered.

I went back and read the original WSJ article in the first post of this thread. The article says that Dominion is suing both Mike Lindell personally and suing the MyPillow company, as well.

I understand suing Lindell, as he is the one making the outrageous claims.

I don't quite understand why the MyPillow company should be a defendant. I realize that, as principle owner, Mike Lindell essentially IS MyPillow, but legally the two are separate entities.

Is Dominion alleging that Lindell was speaking, not in his personal capacity, but in his capacity as CEO of MyPillow?

Did Lindell use company resources to conduct his alleged defamation?

Were any of the defamatory statements released on corporate letterhead or the company's website?

Is there any chance that the court will dismiss the corporation as a defendant?
The suit filed on Monday tells the tale of a twenty-first-century snake-oil salesman who capitalized on Trump’s pathological need to pretend he won the 2020 election in order to sell pillows to gullible Trump supporters—victims of yet another scam at the behest of their dear leader. The story reads like a slimy mix of greed, lies, and false victimhood—a fitting culmination of the failed presidency of Donald J. Trump, himself a reality TV star who faked a successful career in business all the way to the White House.
:snippity:
According to the complaint, Lindell’s scam involved payoffs to conservative news outlets reliant on his advertising dollars in exchange for airtime during the election season, spurring a 30 to 40 percent hike in sales. As a cable news “talking head,” Lindell plugged his pillows under the pretense that he had the dirt on Dominion that could produce a second Trump term—offering promo codes like “QAnon,” “FightforTrump,” “45,” and “Proof” to lure consumers into snagging up to 66 percent savings on his merchandise.
https://thebulwark.com/mypillow-ceo-tur ... t-alleges/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Meth, cause stupid is hard.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Lindell has lodged a Motion to Dismiss (via one Earl Mayfield who doesn’t appear to be admitted to appear). So it seems that he along with Powell and Giuliani don’t want to put there overwhelming evidence of fraud before the courts.

ETA. “their” not “there”. I swear it was my iPad wotdunnit. :whistle:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:56 pm Lindell has lodged a Motion to Dismiss (via one Earl Mayfield who doesn’t appear to be admitted to appear). So it seems that he along with Powell and Giuliani don’t want to put there overwhelming evidence of fraud before the courts.
How do you expose the fraud if you do a quick MTD. No discovery, no depositions? I thought he was looking forward to exposing them on their own lawsuit.
101010 :towel:
somerset

Post by somerset »

northland10 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:44 pm
Uninformed wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:56 pm Lindell has lodged a Motion to Dismiss (via one Earl Mayfield who doesn’t appear to be admitted to appear). So it seems that he along with Powell and Giuliani don’t want to put there overwhelming evidence of fraud before the courts.
How do you expose the fraud if you do a quick MTD. No discovery, no depositions? I thought he was looking forward to exposing them on their own lawsuit.
War may be war, but bidness is bidness. And fighting this war is definitely bad bidness ;)

But not to worry, I don't think this MTD will be granted (although the one Dominion may file to dismiss Lindell's $1.6B suit against them might be).
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

ETA. “their” not “there”. I swear it was my iPad wotdunnit. :whistle:
Mayfield is admitted:
1. Earl N. Mayfield III
JURIS DAY, PLLC

10521 Judicial Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Email: tmayfield@lewis-firm.com
Phone: 703-268-5600
Fax: 703-268-5602
Renewal Code: 216484
Membership Status: Active
Bar ID: 459998
Date of Admission: 03/01/1999
Last Renewal Date: 05/23/2018
RENEWAL IS EVERY 3 YEARS
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

sterngard friegen wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:56 pm ...Mayfield is admitted...
Thanks. Possibly my wording and/or lack of knowledge, I thought an attorney had to file a “notice of appearance” with the court.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Mike Lindell and Rudy Giuliani win Razzie Awards.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/24/entertai ... index.html
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Gregory N. Arenson, Andrew D. Parker, Abraham S. Kaplan, and Elizabeth S. Wright granted Pro Hac Vice appearance for the defense.

ETA. All from Parker Daniels Kibort LLC
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

A ninth rank lawfirm with third and fourth rank lawyers. Impressive!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My Cousin Vinnie

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:43 pm My Cousin Vinnie was unavailable I guess.
At least Vinnie Gambini won that case.

Maybe Lindell's new lawyers can enlist Marissa Tomei as an expert witness.
DrConspiracy
Verified:

Post by DrConspiracy »

A flash from the past.

Hey, remember con man Dennis Montgomery, "The Man who Conned the Pentagon," Joe Arpaio and Mike Zullo back in 2015-16? Well, it appears that his bogus telecommunications metadata has been mined again for another willing victim, Mike Lindell. Lead Stories has traced data cited by Lindell in his election fraud claims to none other than Dennis Montgomery.

https://leadstories.com/analysis/2021/0 ... immel.html
Summary: Mike Lindell's video series allegedly proving fraud in the November 2020 elections relies heavily on digital evidence in the form of files and animations that Lindell claims show attacks on the U.S. election infrastructure coming from China and other places. Lindell has never acknowledged where these files and animations came from. Lead Stories traced them back to a website apparently run by Dennis L. Montgomery, a man with a long history of being closely connected to cases involving fraudulently manufactured evidence. We are making these files available in this article so anyone can examine them for themselves.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”