Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:47 pm Yikes!

Matt Gaetz says the 2nd amendment is about “maintaining within the citizenry the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government”
A testable proposition.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by fierceredpanda »

Even more testable:

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

They ain't afeared.
Attachments
Joey and his fan boys.jpg
Joey and his fan boys.jpg (158.27 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bill_g wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:27 am They ain't afeared.
WTF is with the English flags, not sure if I've seen that before. They looking to rejoin the UK now that they are out of the EU?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:37 am
bill_g wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:27 am They ain't afeared.
WTF is with the English flags, not sure if I've seen that before. They looking to rejoin the UK now that they are out of the EU?
Those are mysteries I won't attempt to devine. Gibson et al march to their own drum. Thankfully the voters of WA declined his offer to represent them in DC.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

"...well regulated..."

"...well regulated..."

"...well regulated..."
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

roadscholar wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:50 am "...well regulated..."

"...well regulated..."

"...well regulated..."
[sarc] shhhhhh.....[/sarc]
filly

Post by filly »

Kendra wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:01 pm https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/inv ... t-missing/
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida has sailed into a new controversy, claiming money wired to close the sale on a St. Petersburg yacht his fiancée had agreed to buy “went missing.”

According to a spokesperson for the Republican, he and his fiancée Ginger Luckey were “targeted by malicious actors” during the purchase process of a St. Petersburg yacht. Follow-up questions about the transaction and clarification of the statement have not been answered.

About a week after news broke about the investigation into Gaetz’s potential connection to the sex-trafficking case involving former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg, the Republican was spotted with Luckey on a 41-foot yacht docked at Pier 4 at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina.
Wait, I thought his "fiancee's" name was Kelly Luckey? $155,000 for a "yacht" seems rather implausible.

ETA: I looked. I've seen some older 41' boats in that price range, but it's not the norm.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, I don't know much about boats, but $155K sounds like a nice fishing boat. Yacht is doing a lot of work there.

Maybe "Ginger" is her Venmo name.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Yacht owner details failed deal involving Rep. Gaetz, fiancée

ST. PETERSBURG Fla. (WFLA) – The owner of the yacht almost sold to the fiancée of U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida claims the craft’s name was changed without his “knowledge or approval,” and before the deal was closed.

The sale of the $155,000 sailboat to Ginger Luckey fell through in late April, with a Gaetz spokesperson claiming the money “went missing” when the couple allegedly was “targeted by malicious actors.”

“Rep. Gaetz and Ms. Luckey were recently the target of a financial crime,” the spokesperson told WFLA. “Which federal law enforcment is both aware of and actively pursuing.”

Rep. Gaetz, fiancée claim money for St. Pete yacht deal ‘went missing’
Gaetz’s camp would not say which agency is involved. An FBI spokesperson said the agency could neither confirm nor deny the existence of an investigation.

The now-former owner of the 41-foot yacht wrote in a May Facebook post that he listed the boat — named “Ol Pappy” — with a brokerage firm in February, and it was under contract in March.

Several owners of boats docked near Ol Pappy at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina said they saw Gaetz and Luckey on the sailboat during the inspection process, known as the survey.

John Golly said the yacht was known on Pier 4 for its distinctive full-color logo on her stern.

“Very high-end job, whoever did it. Very nice-looking logo,” Golly said. “Very memorable.”

According to the owner’s post, he found out “two days before closing without my knowledge or approval” that his memorable logo was removed and replaced by the name Thirsty.

He wrote that the hailing port on the boat was also changed from St. Pete to Niceville, a city in Gaetz’s district. Gaetz went to Niceville High School.

The owner also said the prospective buyers had a “stay on my boat” and refueled it without his approval in the days before the scheduled closing.

About a week after the deal collapsed, Luckey posted a picture from a boat with St. Petersburg in the background.

The owner’s post said half of the downpayment money held in escrow is in dispute and the owner said he has hired an attorney.

Gaetz’s spokesman hinted some of the claimed missing money has been recovered, saying, “The parties are working to recover the rest of the monies.”

The yacht was eventually sold to a new buyer in a transaction that closed May 21, according to the brokerage firm that listed the vessel.

Gaetz’s spokesperson did not return requests for comment about the claims of the owner, who has not offered any comment outside of his post about the transaction.

The survey was conducted about a week after news broke about the investigation into Gaetz’s potential connection to the sex-trafficking case involving former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg.
https://www.fox44news.com/news/yacht-ow ... z-fiancee/

I don't remember if this was discussed upthread, but Luckey's brother was a co-founder of Oculus, which was sold for like $2B.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:48 pm

ST. PETERSBURG Fla. (WFLA) – The owner of the yacht almost sold to the fiancée of U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida claims the craft’s name was changed without his “knowledge or approval,” and before the deal was closed.

The sale of the $155,000 sailboat to Ginger Luckey fell through in late April, with a Gaetz spokesperson claiming the money “went missing” when the couple allegedly was “targeted by malicious actors.”

“Rep. Gaetz and Ms. Luckey were recently the target of a financial crime,” the spokesperson told WFLA. “Which federal law enforcment is both aware of and actively pursuing.”

Rep. Gaetz, fiancée claim money for St. Pete yacht deal ‘went missing’
Gaetz’s camp would not say which agency is involved. An FBI spokesperson said the agency could neither confirm nor deny the existence of an investigation.

The now-former owner of the 41-foot yacht wrote in a May Facebook post that he listed the boat — named “Ol Pappy” — with a brokerage firm in February, and it was under contract in March.

Several owners of boats docked near Ol Pappy at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina said they saw Gaetz and Luckey on the sailboat during the inspection process, known as the survey.

John Golly said the yacht was known on Pier 4 for its distinctive full-color logo on her stern.

“Very high-end job, whoever did it. Very nice-looking logo,” Golly said. “Very memorable.”

According to the owner’s post, he found out “two days before closing without my knowledge or approval” that his memorable logo was removed and replaced by the name Thirsty.

He wrote that the hailing port on the boat was also changed from St. Pete to Niceville, a city in Gaetz’s district. Gaetz went to Niceville High School.

The owner also said the prospective buyers had a “stay on my boat” and refueled it without his approval in the days before the scheduled closing.

About a week after the deal collapsed, Luckey posted a picture from a boat with St. Petersburg in the background.

The owner’s post said half of the downpayment money held in escrow is in dispute and the owner said he has hired an attorney.

Gaetz’s spokesman hinted some of the claimed missing money has been recovered, saying, “The parties are working to recover the rest of the monies.”

The yacht was eventually sold to a new buyer in a transaction that closed May 21, according to the brokerage firm that listed the vessel.

Gaetz’s spokesperson did not return requests for comment about the claims of the owner, who has not offered any comment outside of his post about the transaction.

The survey was conducted about a week after news broke about the investigation into Gaetz’s potential connection to the sex-trafficking case involving former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg.
https://www.fox44news.com/news/yacht-ow ... z-fiancee/

I don't remember if this was discussed upthread, but Luckey's brother was a co-founder of Oculus, which was sold for like $2B.
So not a $155,000 boat, but half of a ($300,000) down payment.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Seems we know why the deal fell thru : Gaetz thought he owned the vessel before papers had been signed

somerset

Post by somerset »

filly wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:09 pm
Kendra wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:01 pm https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/inv ... t-missing/
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – U.S. Congressman Matt Gaetz of Florida has sailed into a new controversy, claiming money wired to close the sale on a St. Petersburg yacht his fiancée had agreed to buy “went missing.”

According to a spokesperson for the Republican, he and his fiancée Ginger Luckey were “targeted by malicious actors” during the purchase process of a St. Petersburg yacht. Follow-up questions about the transaction and clarification of the statement have not been answered.

About a week after news broke about the investigation into Gaetz’s potential connection to the sex-trafficking case involving former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg, the Republican was spotted with Luckey on a 41-foot yacht docked at Pier 4 at the St. Petersburg Municipal Marina.
Wait, I thought his "fiancee's" name was Kelly Luckey? $155,000 for a "yacht" seems rather implausible.

ETA: I looked. I've seen some older 41' boats in that price range, but it's not the norm.
Actually, that seems high for a 20 year old Beneteau Oceanis 413. They're typically in the $100K range. Either this one is much newer (then it isn't a 413 - they're from the late 1990s/early 2000s), or it's really, really nice. The dinghy and davits probably add $10~20K, again, depending on condition.
filly

Post by filly »

I dunno somerset . My friends just have Hinkleys. ;)
somerset

Post by somerset »

filly wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:09 pm I dunno somerset . My friends just have Hinkleys. ;)
Beautiful, beautiful boats ;)

I used to live on a Beneteau First 32. I can appreciate Henkleys :biggrin:

And Gaetz/Luckey clearly have no idea what they're doing buying a boat ;)
somerset

Post by somerset »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:03 pm
No, I don't think so. The articles says the boat was listed at $155K, and that's at the high end for that particular boat. Maybe Gaetz/Luckey tried to put $75K into escrow.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

somerset wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:03 pm
No, I don't think so. The articles says the boat was listed at $155K, and that's at the high end for that particular boat. Maybe Gaetz/Luckey tried to put $75K into escrow.

In a bank run by a Nigerian Prince.

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Matt Gaetz Deletes Lee Harvey Oswald Tweet After Top Conservatives Tricked

https://www.newsweek.com/matt-gaetz-del ... ed-1596372
Matt Gaetz has deleted a picture of Lee Harvey Oswald after he and several other conservative figures were tricked into retweeting a picture of President John F. Kennedy's assassin on Memorial Day.

Journalist Ken Klippenstein trolled prominent Republicans, including Florida Congressman Rep. Gaetz, American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp and conservative commentator Dinesh D'Souza into sharing the picture of the infamous killer.

Klippenstein tweeted at the conservative figures and pretended Oswald, who was pictured wearing his army uniform, was a family member.

He asked Rep. Gaetz: "Congressman, my grandpa's a big fan of yours and is a veteran, he would be thrilled if you could RT this photo of him for Memorial Day. Here he is as a young Private First Class."
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:29 am Matt Gaetz Deletes Lee Harvey Oswald Tweet After Top Conservatives Tricked

https://www.newsweek.com/matt-gaetz-del ... ed-1596372
Matt Gaetz has deleted a picture of Lee Harvey Oswald after he and several other conservative figures were tricked into retweeting a picture of President John F. Kennedy's assassin on Memorial Day.

Journalist Ken Klippenstein trolled prominent Republicans, including Florida Congressman Rep. Gaetz, American Conservative Union Chairman Matt Schlapp and conservative commentator Dinesh D'Souza into sharing the picture of the infamous killer.

Klippenstein tweeted at the conservative figures and pretended Oswald, who was pictured wearing his army uniform, was a family member.

He asked Rep. Gaetz: "Congressman, my grandpa's a big fan of yours and is a veteran, he would be thrilled if you could RT this photo of him for Memorial Day. Here he is as a young Private First Class."
I haetz Gaetz, but this is BS. I would probably fall for it. At least once. I suppose he should be checking everything in triplicate before he retweets at this point, and it is kinda funny, but I feel like it is hitting below the belt for a cheap laugh.

Plenty of real things to string him up on, we don't need to manufacture controversies.
filly

Post by filly »

Gaetz was not the only fool who got punked. Matt Schlapp retweeted this as well. A bunch of morons.
raison de arizona

filly wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:15 am Gaetz was not the only fool who got punked. Matt Schlapp retweeted this as well. A bunch of morons.
I suppose there is something to be said for the fact that this is far from the first time something like this happened. Didn't someone have them all retweeting Richard Ramirez or some other serial killer at one point?

Eh, here's an old one: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/ ... tter-prank
Trump retweeting a pic of notorious British serial killers Fred and Rose West.

Vaguely amusing I suppose, but I'm over it.
filly

Post by filly »

It may no longer amuse you but it is a clear demonstration that their tweets are utter horse shit, in case anyone is still on the fence. Morons wading in horse shit.
The punk was initiated by someone who is not a prosecutor nor an investigator, so it's not like precious time and resources are being diverted by this.
raison de arizona

filly wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am It may no longer amuse you but it is a clear demonstration that their tweets are utter horse shit, in case anyone is still on the fence. Morons wading in horse shit.
The punk was initiated by someone who is not a prosecutor nor an investigator, so it's not like precious time and resources are being diverted by this.
And I suppose it can always be said, if they fall so easily for this, what else will they fall for that is more serious? :cantlook:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

covfefe wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:48 pm

Mother Mary on a bisquit. My alma mater. Damnit. Things musta changed in fifty years. I don't recall yacht marinas. OTOH, we lived on a 40 footer tucked into various bayous to avoid mooring costs.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ken's done that punk before, remember it around the time DL2XIT was calling our troops losers. His targets fell for it then too also.

Funny stuff about the boat. Of course they'd call it Thirsty. Sounds like they deserve each other.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”