Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by neonzx »

qbawl wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:03 pm Who is the General referring to at the end of his comments as a fellow 'Green Beret'?
My question as well. It's not Gaetz.
p0rtia

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by p0rtia »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:05 pm
qbawl wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:03 pm Who is the General referring to at the end of his comments as a fellow 'Green Beret'?
They explained this on Nicolle Wallace: no, it wasn't Gaetz, it was someone else on the committee was was indeed a green beret. I didn't catch the name.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is it me or did the General seem to get even a little more steamed after Matt gave that smirk (thwack!) and shook his head? :lol:
bob

Post by bob »

I presume Michael Waltz (FL-6(R)), a Green Beret who had searched for Berghdal. (And also supported the efforts to undo the 2020 election.)
Image ImageImage
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“And then Rep. Mike Waltz, R-Fla., a National Guard colonel and Green Beret, went off about the discussion of critical race theory at West Point, in an academic setting. He said cadets had recently attended a voluntary talk on “white rage.”
In response, Army Gen. Mark Milley delivered a monologue, colored by his meticulous enthusiasm for U.S. history, that will no doubt be etched in his legacy.”

“Top general fires back at 'offensive' criticism of military being 'woke'”
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/2 ... oke-495703
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
much ado

Post by much ado »

Quote from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ry-is-woke
Milley’s impassioned retort came after Representatives Matt Gaetz and Michael Waltz, a Green Beret veteran, brought up concerns that critical race theory is detrimental to the U.S. military. Waltz held up a seminar handout from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on “Understanding Whiteness and White Rage” that he said 100 cadets were taught.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

much ado wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Quote from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ry-is-woke
Milley’s impassioned retort came after Representatives Matt Gaetz and Michael Waltz, a Green Beret veteran, brought up concerns that critical race theory is detrimental to the U.S. military. Waltz held up a seminar handout from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point on “Understanding Whiteness and White Rage” that he said 100 cadets were taught.
Considering that crt has only had a recent revival, since pre-election in 2020 and pushed by Republicans when I read a Wikipedia article correctly, there is no way that such a "theory" could have had time to get incorporated into formal teaching at any military educational facility. :brickwallsmall:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

General Milley :clap:
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I thought he was referring to Gaetz, but I looked at Gaetz's wiki page and he has the typical Chickenhawk level of Military Service - zero.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Resume18 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:50 pm Yeah, keep shaking your head there Matty; you just got owned.
Gaetz was surprised to be bitch slapped like that.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

LM K wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm
Resume18 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:50 pm Yeah, keep shaking your head there Matty; you just got owned.
Gaetz was surprised to be bitch slapped like that.
When he gets home, Matty's gonna make Nestor wear one of these & give him a spanking.
Estiveoshot_20210623_182822.jpg
Image Image Image Image
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:55 pmConsidering that crt has only had a recent revival, since pre-election in 2020 and pushed by Republicans when I read a Wikipedia article correctly, there is no way that such a "theory" could have had time to get incorporated into formal teaching at any military educational facility.
From Waltz's letter, I infer it was a topic during a seminar ... presented by a guest lecturer:

So we've gone from "unvetted guest lecturer goes rogue" to "ARMY TOO WOKE."

Waltz's letter also suggests a CRT book was used in a political science class. (The writing is less than clear.) This Federalist article (n.b.: NOT "The" Federalist Society) reports that the West Point Superintendent acknowledged that CRT was taught in one class. And:

From this I infer there is an optional seminar that discusses race, gender, and sexuality. It is completely unsurprising that a college-level class devoted to that topic would discuss CRT; it would be surprising if it didn't.

It is also completely unsurprising that a political science program would have optional classes in race, gender, and sexuality studies. Especially to discuss how those topics might be relevant to leading an increasingly diverse army.
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

You normally need to go to a disreputable pool hall in New Orleans to see a pimp slapping of that quality.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:05 pm
Saw a segment on this on CNN/New Day this morning. This might clear it up.

A top US general hit back against Republican criticism and defended Pentagon diversity efforts.

“When I served active duty, you were not [Republican or Democrat,]” Rep. Chrissy Houlahan says. “It’s really a tragedy ... on the part of many Republicans to divide us in that way”
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Hey,
@mattgaetz
, see those stripes on Gen Milley’s right sleeve? Each one represents 6 months in combat. SecDef Austin has more, but they aren’t on his suit. You really want to do this?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think Matty should prove his manly tough credentials and challenge the good General to a wrestling match.
Hic sunt dracones
Jim

Post by Jim »

Matt Gaetz tweeted that the FBI should be defunded, then deleted it. He's still being probed by the bureau.
Controversial Florida congressman Matt Gaetz tweeted that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) should be defunded, then deleted his tweet a minute later.

"If Democrats want to defund the police, they should start with the FBI," wrote Gaetz on Wednesday.

The tweet was caught by nonprofit Propublica's Politwoops, a platform that tracks deleted tweets from politicians.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Jim wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:25 am Matt Gaetz tweeted that the FBI should be defunded, then deleted it. He's still being probed by the bureau.
Controversial Florida congressman Matt Gaetz tweeted that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) should be defunded, then deleted his tweet a minute later.

"If Democrats want to defund the police, they should start with the FBI," wrote Gaetz on Wednesday.

The tweet was caught by nonprofit Propublica's Politwoops, a platform that tracks deleted tweets from politicians.
Gee, I wonder why.

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

As far as I understand it Marx and Engels were both pretty much “standard” racists for their time. What are people referring to when they say CRT is “Marxist inspired”? (I know various “Communist” parties/movements have opposed/exploited race, particularly in capitalist countries).
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:38 am As far as I understand it Marx and Engels were both pretty much “standard” racists for their time. What are people referring to when they say CRT is “Marxist inspired”? (I know various “Communist” parties/movements have opposed/exploited race, particularly in capitalist countries).
There is a massive archive of Six-Degrees-of-Marxism word salad in the law libraries* on Earth 2. Think "Obama is a Marxist because...." I'm sure they're reusing that.

:daydreaming:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:38 am As far as I understand it Marx and Engels were both pretty much “standard” racists for their time. What are people referring to when they say CRT is “Marxist inspired”? (I know various “Communist” parties/movements have opposed/exploited race, particularly in capitalist countries).
It is their half a century (at least) race mixing is communism thing. For the right, communism is bad and race-mixing is bad, so race-mixing is communism. When the government makes laws they don't like, it's communism. If they have laws banning others from schools and drinking fountains, that's freedom.

101010 :towel:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The guy in the middle of that top picture is General Mike Flynn proving the existence of time travel.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

p0rtia
There is a massive archive of Six-Degrees-of-Marxism word salad in the law libraries* on Earth 2. Think "Obama is a Marxist because...." I'm sure they're reusing that.
Nodding.

I love this.

( Is there Bacon on the salad?)
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

"Everything I don't like is communism" has been a fairly consistent trope in American politics going back to the first red scare.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”