Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Volkonski »

Political theater. :yawn:

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by tek »

hopefully Matty will get to see the inside of that facility sooner rather than later.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:26 pm
Who do we have in Florida who can attend and scream "pedophile" at the top of their voice?

I'm willing to buy a megaphone, pay for the Uber, provide bail money, whatever it takes. I feel very strongly this man should not be able to be seen in public without quality hecklers.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I've been wondering. If the DOJ has some stuff, though not major, on his inappropriate activities, but thinks he may have some info about what some Congress folks were up to around the insurrection, would they look to find ways to squeeze him in order to get bigger Congressional and other players from the insurrection?

Boebert and Greene are too new and too stupid to have much interest for the prosecutors. While they would pee their pants if the DOJ actually went after them (their onscreen toughness is a bully act) I would think that Justice probably figures they won't have anything good. Gaetz is probably not a full insider with the insurrection caucus but he could have more info that the DOJ would like.

If he does, it would depend on if the DOJ felt the other behavior is more useful to use as leverage and if they felt that the other Reps who may be involved actually gave him enough. Even the right might consider Gaetz as a liability to their cause. Is he more than a useful idiot to the right?
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He's not wrong.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

If he comes to Broward County Gregg, let's do it. Not as effective as the 699th, but easy to yell at him. :P

Ginger Luckey stands by her man:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:32 pm
There go the big liars on that wagon: impotus did not win 80 million votes :mad: , that number goes to Biden with 81 millions. The former impotus managed to get only 74 millions. :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

So he figured out how NOT to get shouted down- speak in front of a PICTURE of supporters. :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:32 pm If he comes to Broward County Gregg, let's do it. Not as effective as the 699th, but easy to yell at him. :P

Ginger Luckey stands by her man:

Broward County? As a taxpaying legal resident of that county, my only regret is that I am once again overseas for a two year assignment and would not get to join y'all.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Federal prosecutors looking into whether Gaetz obstructed justice
Federal prosecutors are examining whether Rep. Matt Gaetz obstructed justice during a phone call he had with a witness in the sex-crimes investigation of the Florida congressman, according to two sources familiar with the case.

The witness in question was one of a handful of women who entered Gaetz’s orbit via his one-time “wingman,” former Seminole County, Fla., tax collector Joel Greenberg, who pleaded guilty last month to a host of crimes, including sex-trafficking a 17-year-old in 2017.

The obstruction inquiry stems from a phone call the witness had with Gaetz’s ex-girlfriend. At some point during the conversation, the ex-girlfriend patched Gaetz into the call, sources said. While it’s unknown exactly what was said, the discussion on that call is central to whether prosecutors can charge Gaetz with obstructing justice, which makes it illegal to suggest that a witness in a criminal case lie or give misleading testimony.

The witness later spoke with prosecutors, the sources said.
:snippity:

The former Gaetz girlfriend who was on the call in question, meanwhile, is seeking an immunity deal from prosecutors and has expressed fears to friends that she too may have run afoul of an obstruction of justice charge. She told friends that she feared the alleged trafficking victim may have recorded her in another phone call.

Though Gaetz’s ex-girlfriend has not signed an immunity deal yet, she might do so by the end of the month
, according to insiders with first-hand knowledge of the investigation into Gaetz who say July could be a prime time for the congressman to be indicted if there’s enough evidence against him. Greenberg is already cooperating with the federal government, and there are signs that the woman he sex-trafficked as a minor is cooperating as well.
:snippity:

But while SeekingArrangement relationships might not meet the legal definition of prostitution for a Mann Act case, experts say that the federal sex-trafficking of a minor statute has a broader definition of financial transactions. If a suspect had sex with someone under the age of 18, and if something of value changes hands, then a suspect can be charged.

An attorney representing one of the people of interest to authorities in the investigation said prosecutors have interviewed “numerous women” and that there were “wild sex parties involving drugs, multiple women.” But, because of the wide ambit of the sex-trafficking of a minor statute, it could rope in some of the women who were sexually involved with the 17-year-old in 2017.

“Sex trafficking of a minor involves two prongs in this case: did you have sex with [the 17-year-old] and did anything of value change hands? If the answer is yes, and if any of these other women were involved, why are they not facing charges as well?” the lawyer asked.

“If the federal government wants to call a bunch of people to the state who sex-trafficked a minor in order to bust Gaetz for the same crime, it’s an avenue for his defense if it gets that far.”
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ah yes, the Everybody Else Is Doing It defense.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Shit is about to hit the fan
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was just going to post link to the story. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I realize this has to be done slowly and meticulously. Prosecutors can't risk one tiny detail to throw everything off track but....

I WANT THIS SOB INDICTED NOW!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:00 pm I realize this has to be done slowly and meticulously. Prosecutors can't risk one tiny detail to throw everything off track but....

Yes. You want him to be indicted, or convicted? I want the latter, they can take the time they need.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:00 pm I realize this has to be done slowly and meticulously. Prosecutors can't risk one tiny detail to throw everything off track but....

Not so fast. We wanna drag it out until he is irreversibly the only Republican candidate on the ballot and they have to run a guy facing a felony indictment for child trafficking.

Party of Family Values.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I agree. Indict him when it's too late for him to be off the ballot
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
somerset

Post by somerset »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:32 pm I agree. Indict him when it's too late for him to be off the ballot
Duncan Hunter :fingerwag:

Seriously. I wish the Democratic party had their act together to capitalize on stuff like this, but at least in San Diego they've shown they can't field anyone electable. I expect FL-1 voters would elect Gaetz regardless.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:32 pm I agree. Indict him when it's too late for him to be off the ballot
I appreciate where you are Gregg are going with this, but remember, this is Florida. Gaetz would have no problem getting reelected even if he is indicted for sex trafficking a child. I fear he could also be reelected if he was convicted. His opponent will be a Democrat, and Floridians can't vote for one a those "CRIMINAL Democrats".

I wish I was kidding.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

somerset wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:24 pm Seriously. I wish the Democratic party had their act together to capitalize on stuff like this, but at least in San Diego they've shown they can't field anyone electable. I expect FL-1 voters would elect Gaetz regardless.
These are places where the Democratic Party sees it as a safe seat for the GOP and likely not worth the expense of trying to get and support a stronger candidate that has a high chance of losing. They would rather spend their cash and effort on swing districts and places where they see vulnerability. Basically, they are looking for the best bang for the buck.

The GOP does the same. When I lived in Evanston, the Republican candidate was always some goofball with no chance to beat the incumbent in a town that only had token Republicans.

In places like those, you would have to find a candidate that really wants it and has a strong ability to pick away at the centrist ends of the opposition party. And remember, despite the rights attempts to paint Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Obama, the gang, etc., as dictatorial tyrants, the GOP spent years claiming the Dems were all whishy-washy wimps and they were not entirely wrong. The GOP is much better and keeping voter loyalty as their voters vote GOP, always have, always will, and vote because it is GOP. They vote for the party, not the person. Ironically, some of the GOP loyal voters came from the Solid South Democratic voters who would vote Democratic no matter what until the Dems got all liberal and decided that blacks should be able to vote and go to school with white folk.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:24 pm
I appreciate where you are Gregg are going with this, but remember, this is Florida. Gaetz would have no problem getting reelected even if he is indicted for sex trafficking a child. I fear he could also be reelected if he was convicted. His opponent will be a Democrat, and Floridians can't vote for one a those "CRIMINAL Democrats".

I wish I was kidding.
Or, as my brother-in-law says, Demon Rats. :sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

What was the Louisiana Governor's line about only getting in trouble if he was found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”