Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Matt Gaetz - Matthew Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 Bday May 7, 1982 Taurus / Dog & His Helper, Nestor Galban

These people suck. They are bad people.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:47 am "A fleet of women"???

Is that like a binder full of women but in Admiralty court or sumpin'?
It's the telling fact that these people have never dealt with real criminals.

The correct term is "stable of whores"...

And I'm still pissed they haven't released the name of Speaker Pelosi's dealer, I know she gets the fire hook up... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Re: Matthew "Matt" Louis Gaetz II R-FL1 "Soulless, Power-Hungry Ghoul" "Petulant Idiot" & His Helper, Nestor Galban

Post by Kendra »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/1 ... lty-488045

:snippity:
Gaetz’s ex-girlfriend, whom POLITICO is not identifying to protect her from harassment, initially met him through Greenberg and has been talking to prosecutors about an immunity deal for months, according to two sources who had discussed the issue with her. Those talks have intensified in recent days, they said. Her lawyer, Tim Jansen, would not comment.

The woman had her phone seized by federal agents in December as she went to work in Tallahassee and, her friends said, felt intimidated by them.

“You can either be on the right side of this or the wrong side of it,” an agent said, according to two of her friends.

The woman grew increasingly concerned with the investigation because she may face obstruction charges after calling the alleged 17-year-old victim and her roommate, who were friends of hers from Central Florida, multiple sources said. The woman suspected that the 17-year-old and her roommate recorded her call perhaps because they were cooperating with the federal government, her friends said. That conversation could have exposed her to an obstruction of justice charge because she was opposed to talking to the feds, the friends said.

“She’s worried about being hit with an obstruction charge, and she wants an immunity deal,” one of the friends said.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

That Politico piece is a joke. Nothing more than stenography on behalf of the ex-girlfriend's defense lawyer. Despite his not going on the record, her lawyer was clearly one of the sources for the only newsworthy bit, which was the part about immunity talks "intensifying," in a shameless bid to up his client's profile and get her immunity. I very much doubt that such talks actually are "intensifying," but it's a pretty common tactic to create media buzz to bait prosecutors into giving your client what they want. Make them think your client is their Sammy Gravano.

What's really going on here is that this ex-girlfriend realized she'd been recorded obstructing justice on a call by someone who was already cooperating, and now she's desperately trying to get out it.

Federal agents are "intimidating?" Really? :violin:

If I'm an Assistant US Attorney working this case, I'm firmly on the side of telling Gaetz's ex to go fuck herself, telling her attorney to shove his proposed immunity agreement straight up his ass, and then walking an indictment for obstruction into the grand jury room. Especially with the 17-year-old and Greenberg as cooperators, what do you need this moron and her hot-dogging attorney for? If they have her on tape obstructing (most likely encouraging other people to lie), her credibility is shot anyway. So she's not even any good as a "bounce the rubble" insurance witness.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sounds like Gaetz' defense is he didn't have sex with the 17-yo while she was underage. Even if that's true (not that I believe it and depending on what the former 17-yo victim says) he's still in trouble for taking women of legal age out of state, even out of the country, for financially compensated sex, right?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

Former AUSA yesterday pointed out the sex trafficking statutes have their own specific obstruction sections. I haven’t looked at the statutes.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:50 am

Federal agents are "intimidating?" Really? :violin:

Isn't that in their job description?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Off Topic
Sort of off-topic... I had a Mann Act case once. The Mann Act is extremely complex. Dude tried to plead guilty, but all the attorneys and the judge fucked it up, so that charge got bounced on appeal. The rest stuck, tho.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Text of Greenbergs plea agreement.
https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/stat ... 1756511236
Daniel Uhlfelder
@DWUhlfelderLaw
Here is Matt Gaetz's wingman Joel Greenberg's 86 page plea agreement
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

wavey davey wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm Image
She's (was) a national treasure.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I just skimmed Greenberg's plea agreement. :shock: He was looking at a life sentence.

Any thoughts on what his sentence might be? I know the length of his sentence is dependent upon providing "substantial assistance" in other cases.

Imo, Greenberg is very motivated to provide "substantial assistance".

Gaetz is very screwed.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

LM K wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:38 pm I just skimmed Greenberg's plea agreement. :shock: He was looking at a life sentence.

Any thoughts on what his sentence might be? I know the length of his sentence is dependent upon providing "substantial assistance" in other cases.

Gaetz is very screwed.
Count 1 - child sex trafficking - carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years.

Count 9 - aggravated identity theft - carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 2 years which must be served consecutively to any other sentence.

In other words, he's facing a mandatory 12 years, irrespective of what the final offense range determination is in the presentence investigation report. He's entitled to an automatic 2-level downward adjustment for acceptance of responsibility, plus another one-level downward adjustment at the discretion of the US Attorney if his final offense level is 16 or greater. And there's mention of an eventual 5K1.1 letter in the event he provides substantial assistance, which is a recommendation from the prosecutors that the judge depart downward from the guidelines range for whatever his offense level + offender history would normally situate him. But as I read this, he's traded the very real risk of going to prison for the rest of his life for the absolute certainty of going to prison for 12 years.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He's a young man. That's a bfd.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
LM K

Post by LM K »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:59 pm
LM K wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:38 pm I just skimmed Greenberg's plea agreement. :shock: He was looking at a life sentence.

Gaetz is very screwed.
Count 1 - child sex trafficking - carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years.

Count 9 - aggravated identity theft - carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 2 years which must be served consecutively to any other sentence.

In other words, he's facing a mandatory 12 years, irrespective of what the final offense range determination is in the presentence investigation report. He's entitled to an automatic 2-level downward adjustment for acceptance of responsibility, plus another one-level downward adjustment at the discretion of the US Attorney if his final offense level is 16 or greater. And there's mention of an eventual 5K1.1 letter in the event he provides substantial assistance, which is a recommendation from the prosecutors that the judge depart downward from the guidelines range for whatever his offense level + offender history would normally situate him. But as I read this, he's traded the very real risk of going to prison for the rest of his life for the absolute certainty of going to prison for 12 years.
Thank you! Sounds like Greenberg better be extraordinarily helpful if he wants to keep his sentence to the 12 year now minimum, if I understand your comment correctly.

If the judge agrees to the plea deal, can the judge go above 12 years even if Greenberg is highly cooperative?

He'll be serving his time in federal custody ... as a sex offender. That's intense.
bob

Post by bob »

fierceredpanda wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:59 pmAnd there's mention of an eventual 5K1.1 letter in the event he provides substantial assistance, which is a recommendation from the prosecutors that the judge depart downward from the guidelines range for whatever his offense level + offender history would normally situate him.
IIRC, under 5K1, the government may move for a sentence below the minimum. (The catch being that both the prosecutor and the court must be satisfied that a below-minimum sentence is warranted.)
Image ImageImage
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Gaetz is very screwed.
Count one is 10 years mandatory minimum, and the other one is 2 years on top of XXX, so my guess is the plea deal is for no more than that, all the rest concurrent etc...

Before seeing it, my non lawyer guess was Count one dropped and plead to something that doesn't have a 10 year minimum. Shows how much a one armed transmission mechanic from Argillite know.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:33 pm He's a young man. That's a bfd.
Matt? Unimpressed with the young man label. He does not wear it well. just saying...
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:59 am Sounds like Gaetz' defense is he didn't have sex with the 17-yo while she was underage. Even if that's true (not that I believe it and depending on what the former 17-yo victim says) he's still in trouble for taking women of legal age out of state, even out of the country, for financially compensated sex, right?
Is that actually a crime? If it is, is it ever prosecuted as a stand-alone crime? Greenberg is in deep shit, but unless the 17-year old trafficking charge is watertight against Gaetz, or taxpayer money can be shown to be an issue, how much exposure to prosecution does Gaetz himself have, given the information we have so far :?: This is an IANAL question. Anybody?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

At the press conference, Jacob said one of the girls that got girls for Matt said he kept asking about MMF sex and was looking for a "handsome twink". Kept thinking of Nestor. That kid should write a book. Maybe Jacob was pissed because he's not a twink, guess he's more of a twunk. And by the way Neon, there's no juice on Jacob's OF.

Waiting for the Matt Gaetz OF to pay for his legal defense.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
LM K

Post by LM K »

:popcorn: Greenberg in court tomorrow. :popcorn:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Do we know what time? I need to schedule my weeding.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Reminder to self: Ask Ms. McSquirmy what the girl code is for "Before you, I never had a real orgasm." I heard that one four times from four different ladies over the years. But now she has me wondering. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Off Topic
Foggy, uhm, are you sitting down? That is girl code for many things. You may choose from:

1. He's a nice guy. I don't want to hurt his feelings.
2. I won't go out with him again.
3. What time is it?
4. I think it's time to rotate my tires.

Other suggestions are welcome. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Off Topic
:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”