Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
Suranis

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Suranis »

There are a lot of people who "seemed sane" when beating up on a Democratic President who "lost their minds" when a Republican President did worse.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

I don't think Trump has paid Rudy for his work on Trump's cases. Trump absolutely is not going to pay anyone else's legal bills.

Published Jan 14, 2021.

Donald Trump has fallen out with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani,
and is refusing to pay the former New York mayor’s legal bills, it was reported, with the president feeling abandoned and frustrated during his last days in office.

Giuliani played a key role in Trump’s failed attempts to overturn the results of November’s presidential election through the courts. The lawyer mounted numerous spurious legal challenges, travelling to swing states won by Joe Biden, and spread false claims the vote was rigged.

According to the Washington Post, relations between Trump and Giuliani have dramatically cooled. According to the Washington Post, relations between Trump and Giuliani have dramatically cooled. Trump has instructed his aides not to pay Giuliani’s outstanding fees. The president is reportedly offended by Giuliani’s demand for $20,000 a day – a figure the lawyer denies, but which is apparently in writing. White House officials have even been told not to put through any of Giuliani’s calls.

Commenting on the report, Ken Frydman, who worked as Giuliani’s press secretary in the 1990s, said: “Lay down with dogs. Wake up with fleas and without $20,000 a day”.
:snippity:
A group of Giuliani’s former colleagues from his time as a Manhattan federal prosecutor have blamed him directly for the post-rally mayhem. “It was jarring and totally disheartening to have seen one of our former colleagues engage in that conduct,” they wrote. He is also facing a disbarment complaint in New York.

The rift with the president may sink Guiliani’s lingering hopes of receiving a presidential pardon. Last year, Giuliani held discussions with Trump about receiving an amnesty over his work on the president’s behalf in Ukraine. Criminal charges of illegal campaign donations have been filed against two Giuliani associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman. The trio worked to try to dig up dirt on Biden and his son Hunter.
We know Trump refuses to pay anyone once the person/company has completed a job, especially if he didn't get his desired outcome.

I've wondered if Giuliani received a secret, preemptive pardon. But Trump waited until Jan 19 to finish his list of pardons. Some of those pardons were so hastily written that they're almost useless.

I don't think Giuliani has a secret, preemptive pardon tucked in his back pocket.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Rudy Under the Bus.jpg
Rudy Under the Bus.jpg (171.96 KiB) Viewed 3563 times
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

99% certain there is no "secret" pardon. Also, the great orange shitgibbon doesn't pay because he is a cheap chiseling fucking asshole and he usually gets away with it.

And I am certain that every single conservative/rethuglican is going to scream about how anything and everything that ruudles did for trump is attorney client privilege. Bullshit. Putting aside for now the crime-fraud exception (which IMHO will likely cover much of the giuliani/trump communications), the communications have to have been made for the purpose of providing legal advice. IAAL, but if a friend of mine asks me if he can borrow my backhoe, which he then uses to bury a body (all of which is unknown by me), that request is not privileged. He didn't communicate with me for legal advice, so no privilege. If trump asked giuliani to tell the Ukranians that either they attacked Biden or they would get no aid in fighting Russia, that ain't covered by attorney-client privilege because the communications were not in connection with providing legal advise. Some other privilege, e.g., Executive Privilege, might apply, but that privilege belongs to the POTUS in office when request for disclosure is made (and the privilege belongs to the POTUS, not giuliani, and POTUS can waive at any time). Biden can release all of the documents relating to any such communications and neither giuliani nor trump has any say in the matter.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So......

It's a no on the backhoe?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/politics ... index.html

One of the most vocal is Giuliani's son Andrew, who worked in the Trump White House and told CNN,"The nut may crack in the next 36 hours." He called on Trump to "take the lead on this one," adding: "He can be the hero."

"Once President Trump actually understands that his lead counsel was not indemnified, he's going to resolve this very quickly," Andrew Giuliani said on Wednesday.

Andrew Giuliani said his father was reimbursed for travel-related expenses incurred after the 2020 election, when he visited Arizona and other states to argue election fraud lawsuits in court. He said his father has not, however, been paid for legal services.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/politics ... index.html

Andrew Giuliani said his father was reimbursed for travel-related expenses incurred after the 2020 election, when he visited Arizona and other states to argue election fraud lawsuits in court. He said his father has not, however, been paid for legal services.
So no $20,000 /day? :violin:
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Chilidog wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:57 pm So......

It depends on whose body(ies) it is. Republicans, I'll bring the beer.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

California requires a written engagement letter for legal services running over $1,000. Does New York have something similar?

Now, even without a written engagement letter, a client would still generally be on the hook under quantum merit. But with ruudles, that would definitely result in no fee. And I would love to see he and trump in court fighting over much ruudles' services were worth.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Kendra wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:18 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/05/politics ... index.html

One of the most vocal is Giuliani's son Andrew, who worked in the Trump White House and told CNN,"The nut may crack in the next 36 hours." He called on Trump to "take the lead on this one," adding: "He can be the hero."

"Once President Trump actually understands that his lead counsel was not indemnified, he's going to resolve this very quickly," Andrew Giuliani said on Wednesday.

:rotflmao: :crazy:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
filly

Post by filly »

Andrea Mitchell had an interview with a former top advisor to President Zelinskey (another Igor) who was on the "perfect call" and said he was shocked. CNN had an interview with Ukraine's Foreign Minister who has pledged full co-operation with the FBI. It appears Ukraine has made some decisions.

I don't think Rudy was doing much actual legal work for the Dotard, just like Michael Cohen didn't do much legal work for the Dotard.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

half a pound of Eastern Kentucky Sinsemilla.

:smoking:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:bag:

jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm Andrew discovered the word "indemnified" yesterday, in three minutes he used it about 20 times. Improperly, I think, but the lawyers here might tell me its what they call it when they get paid.
Given that Rudy Giuliani has been sued for $1.3 billion by Dominion Voting Systems, he sure could use some indemnification!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm Andrew discovered the word "indemnified" yesterday, in three minutes he used it about 20 times. Improperly, I think, but the lawyers here might tell me its what they call it when they get paid.
"Indemnify and Hold Harmless" is a standard in many contracts. He's throwing about a word that makes him seem intelligent, or trying to do so totally out of context. Does Andrew have a JD?-- I don't know what his educational background is.

Does Dotard owe him money? Yes. But I don't think it's under an indemnity claim.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:11 pm
"Indemnify and Hold Harmless" is a standard in many contracts. He's throwing about a word that makes him seem intelligent, or trying to do so totally out of context. Does Andrew have a JD?-- I don't know what his educational background is.

Does Dotard owe him money? Yes. But I don't think it's under an indemnity claim.
Nope. He has a BA in (I can't be bothered to look it up because, frankly, who gives a fuck?) from Duke, and that's it.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bob

Post by bob »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:11 pmDoes Andrew have a JD?-- I don't know what his educational background is.
No: Andrew has a BA from Duke.
Image ImageImage
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 pm
woodworker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 pm

I'll bring a bong and half a pound of Eastern Kentucky Sinsemilla.

I'd think such an event would call for a bit of Psilocybe Cubensis. 8-)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 pm
woodworker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 pm

I'll bring a bong and half a pound of Eastern Kentucky Sinsemilla.

Off Topic
It was only recently, buying watermelons at a local mercado, that I realized that sinsemilla just means "seedless" (sin semilla - without seed). Ever since I first heard the term, way back when, I thought it was some special strain of weed ;)
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm
LM K wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Andrew discovered the word "indemnified" yesterday, in three minutes he used it about 20 times. Improperly, I think, but the lawyers here might tell me its what they call it when they get paid.
Party time! :groupdance:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sterngard friegen wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:11 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:53 pm
LM K wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 pm
Andrew discovered the word "indemnified" yesterday, in three minutes he used it about 20 times. Improperly, I think, but the lawyers here might tell me its what they call it when they get paid.
Party time! :groupdance:
Surprise party time?
somerset

Post by somerset »

fierceredpanda wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:24 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:11 pm

Nope. He has a BA in (I can't be bothered to look it up because, frankly, who gives a fuck?) from Duke, and that's it.
Golf, I believe ;)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Edited, to remove insensitive language

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

I assume the page shown is from Dominion’s response to the MTD, filed yesterday.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The C word is okay here now?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”