Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
Atticus Finch

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Atticus Finch »

He sounds just like Trump but without the charm and wit that we come to expect from our dear leader.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:42 am Yikes! Who thought it was a good idea to invite him, let alone make a speech?
His queen impression sounds like he was doing a bad Asian stereotype. This guy needs to stop doing public speaking
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 am Hmmm. Interesting reply by RG.

1. Giuliani denies that the Trump Campaign had not pleaded and/or alleged that fraud was involved in the 2020 Election results in Pennsylvania and that fraud was not an issue in challenging those results. Paragraph 1 of the Complaint extracts certain statements of Giuliani to a court regarding the allegations in a specific live pleading. Giuliani denies the remainder of the paragraph.

It's early, perhaps I'm reading it wrong?

2. Giuliani lacks knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief about the truth of the allegations regarding the purpose of the creation of Plaintiffs and their technologies. Giuliani lacks knowledge or sufficient information to know which Dominion Plaintiff has approved systems or technology or how these approvals were obtained. Giuliani admits that at least one of the Plaintiffs’ technologies were used in the 2020 Election. Giuliani denies the remainder of the paragraph.

It's not that early.

One of the first things you learn as an editor is that you can't find all the errors, so you should double your efforts on the first page (and on the headers/captions).
You must be reading it wrong, it makes sense to me. Keep in mind Guiliani is replying to each numbered paragraph of Dominion's complaint. Y ou have to have the complaint in front of you to fully understand Guiliani's reply.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:06 am
Kendra wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:42 am Yikes! Who thought it was a good idea to invite him, let alone make a speech?
His queen impression sounds like he was doing a bad Asian stereotype. This guy needs to stop doing public speaking
CNN's John Avlon used to work with Rudy, speechwriter I think. He speaks on occasion about the difference of then and now. Avlon's pretty circumspect about it, but then again you can see it in his eyes and the shake of his head what he really thinks. Acosta usually has Avlon and his wife zoom in on the weekend show, hoping we see them today.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:16 am
p0rtia wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 am Hmmm. Interesting reply by RG.

1. Giuliani denies that the Trump Campaign had not pleaded and/or alleged that fraud was involved in the 2020 Election results in Pennsylvania and that fraud was not an issue in challenging those results. Paragraph 1 of the Complaint extracts certain statements of Giuliani to a court regarding the allegations in a specific live pleading. Giuliani denies the remainder of the paragraph.

It's early, perhaps I'm reading it wrong?

2. Giuliani lacks knowledge or information sufficient to form a belief about the truth of the allegations regarding the purpose of the creation of Plaintiffs and their technologies. Giuliani lacks knowledge or sufficient information to know which Dominion Plaintiff has approved systems or technology or how these approvals were obtained. Giuliani admits that at least one of the Plaintiffs’ technologies were used in the 2020 Election. Giuliani denies the remainder of the paragraph.

It's not that early.

One of the first things you learn as an editor is that you can't find all the errors, so you should double your efforts on the first page (and on the headers/captions).
You must be reading it wrong, it makes sense to me. Keep in mind Guiliani is replying to each numbered paragraph of Dominion's complaint. Y ou have to have the complaint in front of you to fully understand Guiliani's reply.
I was referring to the grammatical mistakes. Which I rarely do, because it's not my field. Still, proofing the first page is a big thing with me. :heart:

edited: typos. LOL
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

No matter how many times I proofed and had some proof also, there was an error. Talk about being :oopsy: !
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

In that clip, he says he turned down a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth because, in doing so, he would lose his US citizenship.

As a lawyer, he should know that this is not true. It is a talking point for the sovereign citizen movement, that the "original thirteenth amendment" made this true. However, that amendment was never ratified and is not law.

Here is a selected list of notable Americans who have been awarded with an honorary knighthood or damehood:

George H W Bush GCB
Dwight D Eisenhower GCB
Bill Gates KBE
Melinda Gates DBE
Mark Getty KBE
Paul Getty KBE
Billy Graham KBE
J Edgar Hoover KBE
Bob Hope KBE
Angelina Jolie DCMG
Ralph Lauren KBE
Yehudi Menuhin, Baron Menuhin KBE
André Previn KBE
Ronald Reagan GCB
Dame Marjorie Scardino DBE
Steven Spielberg KBE

AFAIK, none of these people have lost their citizenship.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

noblepa wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:15 pm In that clip, he says he turned down a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth because, in doing so, he would lose his US citizenship.

As a lawyer, he should know that this is not true. It is a talking point for the sovereign citizen movement, that the "original thirteenth amendment" made this true. However, that amendment was never ratified and is not law.

Here is a selected list of notable Americans who have been awarded with an honorary knighthood or damehood:

George H W Bush GCB
Dwight D Eisenhower GCB
Bill Gates KBE
Melinda Gates DBE
Mark Getty KBE
Paul Getty KBE
Billy Graham KBE
J Edgar Hoover KBE
Bob Hope KBE
Angelina Jolie DCMG
Ralph Lauren KBE
Yehudi Menuhin, Baron Menuhin KBE
André Previn KBE
Ronald Reagan GCB
Dame Marjorie Scardino DBE
Steven Spielberg KBE

AFAIK, none of these people have lost their citizenship.
Unless their name was Obama.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

These dinners used to be treated as private and fairly somber events for people/officials who went through something horrible together on 9/11/01 and in the days after. Last night, Bannon was there with a camera, streaming it.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

He looks more and more like Simon Bar Sinister.
Estiveoshot_20210912_153503.jpg
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I can never unsee that.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
somerset

Post by somerset »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:36 pm He looks more and more like Simon Bar Sinister.
Thank you Estiveo!!!! I had that image in my mind a few weeks ago and couldn’t remember the name of the Rocky & Bullwinkle character. That’s *exactly* who Roodles looks like nowadays ;)
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

somerset wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:26 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:36 pm He looks more and more like Simon Bar Sinister.
Thank you Estiveo!!!! I had that image in my mind a few weeks ago and couldn’t remember the name of the Rocky & Bullwinkle Underdog character. That’s *exactly* who Roodles looks like nowadays ;)
FIFY
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
somerset

Post by somerset »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:34 pm
somerset wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:26 pm
Thank you Estiveo!!!! I had that image in my mind a few weeks ago and couldn’t remember the name of the Rocky & Bullwinkle Underdog character. That’s *exactly* who Roodles looks like nowadays ;)
FIFY
Thanks MN. Now I know why my searches failed :oopsy:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, he didn't look drunk to me, and he was reading from a prepared speech.

That said, he probably is so alcohol soaked at this point that sozzled is sober to him. The crowd wasn't laughing much either.
Hic sunt dracones
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:45 pm I can never unsee that.
:bwahaha:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

...the piano has been drinking, not me.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:25 pm
Blaming the instrument is my go-to excuse.
101010 :towel:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Tom Waits!! :biggrin:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 pm
keith wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:25 pm
Blaming the instrument is my go-to excuse.
:lol:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:29 pm Tom Waits!! :biggrin:
🎶 Now whiskey gives you wings to carry each one of your dreams… 🎶

Listen to the Rickie Lee Jones version of Rainbow Sleeves.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A federal judge has denied Rudy Giuliani's request to have documents seized by the FBI from his home and office destroyed or returned to him. by
@fanellijames
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Rather boring document.; scheduling well into 2022.

“JOINT MEET AND CONFER REPORT PURSUANT TO LOCAL CIVIL RULE 16.3”
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 5.40.0.pdf
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Late? That ought to help him to pick up some more GoFundMe $$$

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”