Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
woodworker

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by woodworker »

bob wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:24 pm
woodworker wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:11 pm Is there a live twitter feed on this. PLEEEEZE.
There is:
Thank you kindly.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Here's an idea: Why doesn't The Fogbow created a "Disgraced Suspended Attorney Award" and present it to these guys? The obvious name would be the "Grossly Inappropriate" award after Larry Klayman, but Roodles is really a more prominent award recipient. Maybe if we just call it the DSAA, offer breakfast at Denny's, and get some dumb Trumpers to support it we could get Roodles to accept. We may need to order a few extras for Squidney et al.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:59 am I guess Dominio Voting Systems will like this backup :lol:
Rudy Giuliani Sued by Dominion Voting Systems Over False Election Claims
The suit against Mr. Giuliani, a lawyer for former President Donald Trump who pushed to overturn the election results, accuses him of carrying out “a viral disinformation campaign.”

By Nick Corasaniti
Published Jan. 25, 2021 Updated May 4, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/25/us/p ... trump.html

I'ma just gonna sit over here and helps these lawyers from Dominion take notes.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 pm Here's an idea: Why doesn't The Fogbow created a "Disgraced Suspended Attorney Award" and present it to these guys? The obvious name would be the "Grossly Inappropriate" award after Larry Klayman, but Roodles is really a more prominent award recipient. Maybe if we just call it the DSAA, offer breakfast at Denny's, and get some dumb Trumpers to support it we could get Roodles to accept. We may need to order a few extras for Squidney et al.

Dude. I am totally there for this.

The Imperial Illuminati Air Force and its renowned Dachshund Regiment would like to present you with the something something something... and throw a dinner. Hell, I'll even bring Root Beer to present the award (a bronze Pupperoni)
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

With apologies to Sarah McLaughlin:

I will remember you.
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by.
Weep not for Giuliani.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :violin: :crying:

How did the court write its entire opinion without mentioning Roodles' role in Borat Subsequent Moviefilm? :confuzzled:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:04 am
orlylicious wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:01 pm Here's an idea: Why doesn't The Fogbow created a "Disgraced Suspended Attorney Award" and present it to these guys? The obvious name would be the "Grossly Inappropriate" award after Larry Klayman, but Roodles is really a more prominent award recipient. Maybe if we just call it the DSAA, offer breakfast at Denny's, and get some dumb Trumpers to support it we could get Roodles to accept. We may need to order a few extras for Squidney et al.

Dude. I am totally there for this.

The Imperial Illuminati Air Force and its renowned Dachshund Regiment would like to present you with the something something something... and throw a dinner. Hell, I'll even bring Root Beer to present the award (a bronze Pupperoni)
Fogbow Meetup!!!!! (following all covid guidelines, of course.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

[/font]
fierceredpanda wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:50 am With apologies to Sarah McLaughlin:

I will remember you.
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by.
Weep not for Giuliani.
Instant ear worm.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The award idea is fantastic! We needz an award name that is an acronym. I've been puzzling on it since the idea was posted. Something that goes with A.S.S. for the inaugural award to Rudy.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

anti-American Shit Stirrer.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Acclaimed Shit Stain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

maybe we need a poll after a few more entries. Personally, I got nuthin'. But I'm excited about the ceremony.

ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

the LACOTY award. Lawyer Ass Clown Of The Year.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I know the book isn't all about Rudy, but I am looking forward to reading it.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Alan Dershowitz to Newsmax: Giuliani Denied Due Process, Suspension Won't Stand”:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/alan ... d/1026530/

:smoking:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Giuliani son gets no votes from Republican leaders in bid for New York governor”:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-governor
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Rudy Giuliani claims law license was suspended to 'shut me up' because Trump is on verge of winning
Rudy Giuliani said on Monday that a New York court had conspired to silence him because former President Donald Trump is on the verge of overturning the 2020 election.

While speaking to Real America's Voice host Steve Bannon, Giuliani suggested that the 2020 Arizona election would soon be awarded to Trump because auditors will find "phony" votes.

"I think you're going to see in Arizona a very clear demonstration that there were phony votes cast," he explained. "You're going to see a whole group of different things that should take you over the bar, which is about 11,000 [votes]."

Giuliani predicted that Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin could soon be overturned for Trump. :pigsfly:
https://www.rawstory.com/rudy-giuliani-steve-bannon/
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 pm "For completeness": Turley's blog: Politics By Other Means: Why Giuliani’s Suspension Should Worry All Lawyers.
ah... ha...
yeah.. starting your argument with 'a liar and a cheat is facing consequences, therefore other liars and cheats should be worried!!!!!' is not a good look. Kinda reminds me of the guys who were panicking during the Cosby rape trial because it might result in the 'slippery slope' of no longer being able to get women drunk or pill them in order to have sex... .kinda worried about the wrong end of the problem there.
somerset

Post by somerset »

bob wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:37 pm "For completeness": Turley's blog: Politics By Other Means: Why Giuliani’s Suspension Should Worry All Lawyers.
By omission, Turley is also implying that Giuliani was suspended only for his public lying, failing to mention that he also lied to the court.

In MikeD's twitter feed, he says,
For me, it comes down to this:

Rudy was, for much of the lying, explicitly presenting himself as Trump's lawyer. He was acting to advance the interests of his client. I think that puts his conduct fairly within the authority of bar discipline, even if most was not in litigation.

And, frankly, either we are a self-regulating profession or we are not. It's shit or get off the pot time on that one.

The court is also correct regarding both the fact that acting as a lawyer often gives your voice extra weight and the fact that having lawyers shamelessly lying to advance client interests harms the public and the profession.

That's a big part of why rule 4.1 exists in the first place - it's a recognition that the extra authority that comes with the job can cause extra harm when lawyers lie to third parties.

We either need to enforce that rule - at least in the most blatant and obvious cases - or get rid of it.

And I'm not sure we can protect the public adequately without it.

Mike Dunford
@questauthority
·
Jun 24
The "chilling effect" on lawyers might be likened to a strong crackdown on speeding occasionally done by the Highway Patrol (such as this previous weekend). If the speed limit - "the line that shouldn't be crossed" - is 65 mph and average speeds are 75 mph, then "the line" is a little blurry, but not too bad. Most everyone gets away with speeding a bit. But when average speeds climb up to 80+ mph, and people are regularly getting cited for going over 100, "the line" all but ceases to exist. Bad accidents become horrible accidents and it's time to do something about the problem. A "zero tolerance" for speeding then starts to push the average speeds back down, at least for a while. The excuse of "everyone else was doing it" gets taken away.

The degree of rhetoric surrounding elections is at a fever pitch, and it looks to me like "the line" set by rule 4.1 has become just a weak suggestion. If this action makes some of the more egregious members of the bar think twice, that's not a bad thing.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

When you drive 80 in a 65 you know you will eventually get caught, but you know you can afford the price. When you drive 100 in a 65 and don't give a hoot about the consequences then you deserve to have your license suspended.
Largo al factotum.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Rudy Giuliani falsely assured Trump 'there is no question' the Constitution gave Pence 'the authority not to certify' the 2020 election, new book says
Grace Panetta Jun 28, 2021, 5:13 PM
  • Giuliani repeatedly and falsely told Trump that Pence could overturn the election, a new book said.
    Michael Wolff's "Landslide" detailed the chaotic response to the January 6 insurrection.
Rudy Giuliani repeatedly but falsely assured former President Donald Trump that Vice President Mike Pence had the power to overturn the 2020 election in the days leading up to January 6, a new book said.

An excerpt of author Michael Wolff's forthcoming book, "Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency," was published on Monday in New York Magazine. It detailed the White House's moment-by-moment reaction to the January 6 insurrection. Wolff is the author of two other books about the Trump White House: "Fire and Fury" and "Siege."

By January 6, Wolff wrote, many core administration officials and White House staffers had left or largely distanced themselves from the action, leaving only a small circle of aides who were still involved in Trump's day-to-day activities and, with the White House counsel's office largely checked out, leaving Giuliani as Trump's main legal confidant.

Giuliani, Wolff said, "was drinking heavily and in a constant state of excitation, often almost incoherent in his agitation and mania" in the lead-up to the deadly riot. Giuliani was obsessed with the idea that Pence could somehow preclude Congress from affirming President Joe Biden's election victory, the excerpt said.

"There is no question, none at all, that the VP can do this. That's a fact. The Constitution gives him the authority not to certify. It goes back to the state legislatures," Giuliani said continuously on the phone to Trump and anyone else who would listen, Wolff wrote.

https://www.businessinsider.com/giulian ... ?r=US&IR=T
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Giuliani has much to answer for. :mad:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”