Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
somerset

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by somerset »

Lani wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 am Werdz is hard in a global forum.

When I was new to Hawaii, I was joking around with the other women and said something like "you silly vagina." Everyone froze. Where I grew up, it meant silly jerk. I kept asking what was wrong. Finally, someone told me that means puanani, which I thought means beautiful flower. Well, it does - but in Hawaiian slang, it was the c word.

I went into shock when I heard the c word commonly used in OZ (for both females & males). On the other hand, people were shocked when I said fanny. Little children would call each other dickheads. They thought it was funny. Nobody was upset with it. Well, except me initially.

I had to warn my son about words not to say AT ALL when we returned to the US.
Ask an Englishman (or Scotsman) for a cigarette, and they may generously hand you a pack of fags ;)
somerset

Post by somerset »

Uninformed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:41 am “He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University, where he was recruited to play golf. Giuliani studied marketing, management, and sociology, graduating in May 2009.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Giuliani

The use of “earned” possibly refers to his golfing abilities.
So when I sarcastically mentioned upthread that he had a BA in golf, I wasn’t really wrong :)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ch ... rd-ukraine
A former Blackwater employee connected to Erik Prince, the billionaire security magnate who served as an informal adviser to the Trump administration, provided security for Rudy Giuliani during his December 2019 trip to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Joe Biden and his son Hunter, BuzzFeed News can reveal.

The security assistance, which has not been reported previously, came as Giuliani ramped up his campaign to get President Volodymyr Zelensky’s administration to open investigations that could damage Biden ahead of the 2020 election, and as Prince pursued a business deal in Ukraine that would grow his personal portfolio and assist the Trump administration in its foreign policy goal of limiting China’s power and influence, according to four sources familiar with his business endeavors.

BuzzFeed News left Prince a voicemail on his mobile phone and sent requests for comment to him and his lawyer by email; they did not respond before publication.

The newly surfaced connection between Prince — the brother of Betsy DeVos, Trump's education secretary — and Giuliani comes as federal authorities are investigating the former New York City mayor’s dealings in Ukraine and ties to its powerful oligarchs and political operatives. Last week, FBI agents searched Giuliani’s Manhattan apartment and office and seized several electronic devices. Giuliani has said he did nothing wrong. He could not be reached for comment for this story; his lawyer, Robert Costello, said he had “no comment.” It is not known whether US authorities are looking at links between Giuliani and Prince; an FBI spokesperson declined to comment.

Prince provided Giuliani with a personal bodyguard by the name of Thomas “Doc” Williams, who accompanied the then–personal attorney for Trump everywhere he went on the Eastern European trip, Andriy Telizhenko told BuzzFeed News. Telizhenko is one of several Ukrainian operatives who worked with Giuliani on his Biden campaign and helped arrange his travel to Kyiv and the Hungarian capital of Budapest with a crew from the right-wing One America News, or OAN, which was filming a segment for a series about the Bidens. Telizhenko was sanctioned by the US in January over attempts to interfere in the 2020 election.
tek

Post by tek »

It would be delicious if Prince is tangled up in all this :daydreaming:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

tek wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:04 pm It would be delicious if Prince is tangled up in all this :daydreaming:
Indeed :daydreaming:
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

orlylicious wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:09 pm
Uninformed wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:33 am I assume the page shown is from Dominion’s response to the MTD, filed yesterday.
Thanks, how nice! Missed that. Still laughing about the Opposition to Squidney's MTD. This one is only 19 pages but Roodles, Lindell & Company should get used to seeing the language. :P
In a motion filed on Wednesday evening, the election-technology company said the judge should reject Giuliani's arguments. The company's attorneys said Giuliani's arguments lacked a basis in legal precedent and ignored facts about the case.
Here's the OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO DISMISS PLAINTIFFS’ COMPLAINT: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 28.0_1.pdf

The wheels are turning. #SurrenderRoodles!

Just had to ask. :P

I would have thought that a 3rd year at Seton Hall would have had to take CivPro and ConLaw. But I guess he was washing his brain that year.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Uninformed wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:41 am “He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University, where he was recruited to play golf. Giuliani studied marketing, management, and sociology, graduating in May 2009.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Giuliani

The use of “earned” possibly refers to his golfing abilities.
I graduated from UCLA in 1988 (I was on the 17 year plan, but graduated after only 16 years) and happened to be friends with Troy Aikman, who was a sociology major (I was an econ major). I gathered from him that sociology was the choice for many of jocks and was supposed to be the easiest major with which to graduate. So ruudles jr.'s choice makes sense.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

tek wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:04 pm It would be delicious if Prince is tangled up in all this :daydreaming:
Do I remember correctly that Prince gave up his US citizenship and became a UAE citizen? Or is that thought due to my drugs?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Rudy has lodged an unopposed motion for extension of time to respond to Dominion’s response to his motion to dismiss. Do not have details.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

the best collection of practical joke stories in American Academia
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Mac replied :lol:
Mackenzie Alan Bettle @realmackenzieB 17h
Hey thanks! Looking forward to writing them. Hopefully I’ll be able to dumb it down enough for you and your group of limited knowledge folks at fog whatever it’s called.

Quote Tweet OrlyLicious Flag of United States @Orly_licious 19h
Replying to @Orly_licious @questauthority and 8 others

Looking forward to Mackenzie Bettle's next "brilliantly written UncoverDC article" about how "@RudyGiuliani's Legal Defense Dominates Dominion". Mac, does Roodle's, like Squidney's, "strategy seem, in hindsight, supreme" too? Partying face Opposition to Rudy's MTD:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 28.0_1.pdf

Looking forward to reading his defense of Roodles. Mighty considerate of him to dumb it down for us to understand. Although if he's not bright enough to remember Fogbow, when he's used the term several times and been here to read and tweet my post, is a bit concerning. Perhaps if he stops trolling when virtually nobody likes or engages with his troll tweets, he'd have time for his brilliant defense of Roodles.

Ariba.JPG
Ariba.JPG (34.21 KiB) Viewed 3636 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Gregg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:10 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:31 am
Gregg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 am
It's Crimson prose as the post was about Harvard and was meant to demean no one who didn't go to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, or UPenn. Also, Georgetown, Brown, Duke, Boston College and Spartanburg Community College in South Carolina.

It was a line crossed, I'm sorry. My unfortunate gerund choice aside, I did mean every word of the sentiment in the way you'd have to have had endured delivering pizza on a bicycle in Cambridge in January to empathize with. I would often come down 4 flights of stairs with a 25 cent tip to find the bike stolen, up in a tree, locked to the step rails or parked under a window which made it convenient for the entitled rich kids to dump a bucket of piss on me. I have never been so mistreated in my life as I was in college, surrounded by what I was led to believe were my betters.
I believe you completely.

I attended that vocational school downriver from yours in Cambridge about 50 years ago. We heard many rumors about such happenings upriver as you describe. Those rumors filled us with disgust and also some anger (and maybe a little fear).

My "vocational school" only admitted by merit (and then provided generous scholarship support if needed and boy did I need it ;)). Parents could not buy their kids admission. If they could have there were no phony baloney remedial courses so flunking out would have been likely. On campus status depended on academic success and little else.

Not that we didn't have some status issues. I attended one of the worst high schools in Massachusetts. My junior and senior years we were on state mandated austerity because the school budget had failed to be approved so that the spending on us was the minimum legally possible.

Starting my freshman year of college amongst graduates of Roxbury Latin and the Bronx High School of Science was a bit daunting. But I learned I could hold my own and at least my classmates weren't dumping piss on me.
A wonderful place that frequently took in our social misfits like their own. I learned to pick locks at the "Vocational School"* and I have only fond memories.

The Vocational School down the river, to those who don't know much about Boston geography, is of course The Massachusetts Institute of Technology. As my learned friend points out, an élite school with no legacies, no unearned rich kids and I don't think they even had sports teams. A true meritocracy and the best collection of practical joke stories in American Academia.
Or as that vocational school in Pasadena (CA) calls MIT, the "Cal Tech of the East."
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

woodworker wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:51 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:10 pm
The Vocational School down the river, to those who don't know much about Boston geography, is of course The Massachusetts Institute of Technology. As my learned friend points out, an élite school with no legacies, no unearned rich kids and I don't think they even had sports teams. A true meritocracy and the best collection of practical joke stories in American Academia.
Or as that vocational school in Pasadena (CA) calls MIT, the "Cal Tech of the East."
My father (Caltech '54) and I (Berkeley '85) don't see eye to eye on much, but we both have a high regard for MIT, particularly as a safety school for people who are worried that their grades aren't quite up to snuff to get into either of our respective alma maters. :boxing: :whistle:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Actually in my time MIT fielded more teams in different intercollegiate sports than any other school in the USA. Sure they mostly played in less competitive local leagues (plenty of small colleges in greater Boston) and did not often win but they were there.

Few MITers followed the MIT teams but the student newspaper dutifully had a sports page and we always hoped that an MIT team would defeat a team from Bates College in Maine. Then the headline would thunder "MIT MASTERS BATES!" (No, really.)

Heck, I even dabbled in intramural baseball and hockey. Did my required 4 physical education courses in sailing (twice), gymnastics and volleyball. I advanced placed out of the otherwise required swimming. That was the only subject that I placed out of as an incoming freshman.

So when you meet MIT graduates the one thing you can be sure of is that they all know how to swim. :thumbsup:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
chefboyardont

Post by chefboyardont »

Rudy has hired a couple of Harvey Weinstein's lawyers to represent him.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurk ... f592d86277

I wonder if they keep Harvey's walker in their office as a prop to make their guilty prospective clients look more pathetic to the jury, giving them a better chance of acquittal. Maybe Rooty Tooty saw the zimmer frame in question and got the idea that, if acquitted, he could hobble out to the courthouse entrance, gaze intently at the reporters with a pathetic look on his face, act like he's going to fall down, and then do a rolling somersault before springing to his feet and spreading his arms triumphantly a la Willy Wonka. If he can't, I'll bet Kate McKinnon could pull it off.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

A walker!!!???? Ain't no thang!!!! He needs a WHEELCHAIR a la the Golden State Killer!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:23 pm A walker!!!???? Ain't no thang!!!! He needs a WHEELCHAIR a la the Golden State Killer!!!!!!!
With an oxygen tank and an underage nurse to complete the picture...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Yes!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Surprising, and yet so very unsurprising.
The Daily Beast: Trump Has Blown Off Rudy Giuliani’s Pleas for Help as Feds Circle

In the weeks since the feds raided Rudy Giuliani’s apartment and office in late April, close allies have tried to ferry a slew of emergency requests to former President Donald Trump and his advisers.

But according to three people familiar with the matter, Trump, as well as several of his legal advisers and longtime confidants, have been hesitant about swooping in to help the embattled Giuliani, who for years worked as Trump’s personal lawyer, a political adviser, and attack dog. Giuliani also served as a major player in the Trump-Ukraine scandal and as a key driver in the former president’s efforts to nullify Joe Biden’s clear victory in the 2020 election.

Team Trump’s reluctance to intervene comes at a time when federal investigators have ramped up their probe into whether Giuliani’s Ukraine-related work during the Trump era amounted to an unregistered and illegal lobbying operation on behalf of foreign figures. So far, no charges have been brought against the former New York City mayor as a result of this investigation, which began in 2019. Trump’s silence has led to simmering frustrations among members of Giuliani’s inner orbit, who privately allege that the ex-president’s team is working to convince him to hang Giuliani out to dry in his hour of need.

:snippity:

Among Giuliani allies’ pleas, the three sources said, have been for Trump to issue a strong verbal or written statement saying Giuliani’s work during the Trump-Ukraine saga was done on behalf of then-President Trump—and therefore not part of an illegal foreign lobbying effort. In other words, Trump’s corroboration would be more than good public relations for Giuliani, it would back up a key pillar of Giuliani’s legal argument that he wasn’t lobbying and is innocent of the allegations.

Two people close to Trump say they have urged the former president to lay low on the matter and to refrain from making too many statements or commitments on Giuliani and the federal probe. These people have told Trump that it’s unclear what the feds have and that any statement could backfire both on him and on Giuliani. Moreover, various people in Trump’s social and political orbits have been trying to convince the former president for years that Giuliani has been too great a liability for him, and they have suggested that he cut the lawyer loose.

“Nothing Donald Trump may say publicly to help Giuliani is likely to get into evidence,” David H. Laufman, a partner at Wiggin and Dana and a former chief of the Justice Department’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section, which oversees FARA prosecutions, told The Daily Beast. “Giuliani’s attorney will be able to cross-examine the government’s witnesses if he’s charged, and Giuliani always has the option of testifying in his own defense. But any press statements by Donald Trump to the effect of ‘Hey, he was just working for me’ almost certainly aren’t coming into evidence.”

“In the highly improbable scenario that Trump testified for Giuliani, the notion of Giuliani trying to use the attorney-client privilege as a shield would go out the window. The privilege is held by Trump, not by Giuliani,” Laufman continued.
Perhaps the most remarkable thing about this entire affair is that a legal ignoramus like Trump - either through sound advice from other lawyers or considerable experience suing and being sued - is playing this smarter than Giuliani. One would be forgiven for assuming the former US Attorney for the Southern District of New York would have sufficient acumen to know that Trump saying "I told him to do it" would vitiate Giuliani's claim of attorney-client privilege without actually doing anything to defend him against a potential FARA violation. It's entirely possible that Giuliani was serving two masters.

I know we've said it before, but Giuliani's utter shittiness as an attorney really is staggering sometimes.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

In the former asshole's mind, Roodles is guilty of a serious felony - called Bad Tee Vee.

His appearances at Four Seasons Total Landscaping and later, the hair dye dribbling down his head, made him look silly. In TrumpWorld, that's unforgivable and a deal killer.

Not to mention, his only job from November 3rd to January 20th was to somehow steal the election for the former asshole, and he never won a single lawsuit. Even when not on camera, he came across to the entire nation as ridiculous and a loser, which made TFA look like a loser. Again, that's an unforgivable sin, which TFA will never forget.

Roodles should have known, since January 20th, that he would get ZERO support coming out of Mierda Lardo. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Guess Rudy best break out that insurance he bragged about a while back.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/as ... -evidence/
Asking a Judge to Unseal Files, Rudy Giuliani’s Lawyers Demand Explanation for ‘Extremely Damaging’ Claim That He Might Destroy Evidence
“In addition, in the original warrant for the iCloud account, there is a non-disclosure order based upon an allegation made to the issuing Court, that if Giuliani were informed of the existence of the warrant, he might destroy evidence or intimidate witnesses,” Giuliani’s lawyer Robert Costello wrote in a 17-page letter to the judge unsealed on Monday. “Such an allegation, on its face, strains credulity. It is not only false, but extremely damaging to Giuliani’s reputation. It is not supported by any credible facts and is contradicted by Giuliani’s efforts to provide information to the Government. We should be allowed to question the Government as to what basis it had, if any, to make that assertion.”
Giuliani’s response to that request was due last week, but his May 12 legal brief was unsealed in redacted form on Monday. It appears to confirm earlier reports in the Daily Beast that prosecutors tapped into Giuliani’s iCloud via a “covert warrant” in 2019.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Yes, criminal allegations contained within a search warrant do tend to be damaging to one's reputation. I'm pretty sure the "my reputation is damaged" ship sailed once the guys in windbreakers showed up at Rudy's home and office, though.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

fierceredpanda wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:11 pm Yes, criminal allegations contained within a search warrant do tend to be damaging to one's reputation. I'm pretty sure the "my reputation is damaged" ship sailed once the guys in windbreakers showed up at Rudy's home and office, though.
That ship not only sailed, but it sank a long time ago, long before the windbreakers showed up.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... uxbndlbing
Rudy Giuliani's son, Andrew Giuliani, to announce he's running for New York governor
"I’m a politician out of the womb. It’s in my DNA," Giuliani told the New York Post. "Giuliani vs. Cuomo. Holy smokes. It’s Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier. We can sell tickets at Madison Square Garden."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Earlier this morning when this was briefly mentioned, CNN's John Berman made a quip that Andrew maybe shouldn't hire Rudy as his campaign attorney.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”