Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
sterngard friegen

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by sterngard friegen »

:fingerwag: No. It is unacceptable. That post should be deleted.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
I edited the post and added that word to the auto-censor.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 am I edited the post and added that word to the auto-censor.
Obrigado...
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Foggy wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 am
The post is still demeaning to women.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
This will probably start a firestorm and should be in a different thread, but I call people (well, ok some men) d!cks all the time. Should I stop? I admit I have a foul mouth and should be more careful. I'm not saying we should allow the c-word. I'm asking if we should allow the d-word?

Maybe just auto-correct to asshole. That's gender neutral.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
June bug

Post by June bug »

Azastan wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:48 am
Absolutely. And gratuitously so.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Oh, I didn't look at the edit at first. That whole sentence needs removed.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
Here's the problem with dick. I actually used to post on a newspaper forum where that word was censored. At the time (2008), a guy named Cheney was VP of the United States. And I forget why, but one time I wanted to discuss a famous book by Herman Melville. It was inconvenient.

And I remain your favoritest dick tater. So what can anyone do?

I don't think vagina is demeaning, except in a certain context, and everyone is free to comment if it's used in a demeaning way. I remain committed to the least level of censorship that makes sense, but the c-word and the four-letter t-word that refers to the same body part, IMHO, cannot be used in a non-demeaning way. Hence, I censor those.

I used to censor the word faggot, but a gay member of the forum objected, and I listened.

It's a complicated question, and if we're going to continue to discuss it, that's fine but let's have a thread for it.
Edit: And to be honest, I don't think I've ever really thought of the word asshole as nongender. I would never call a woman an asshole, but maybe that's just me.
Edit: And it's possible to be demeaning to women using words that I can't possibly censor, e.g. "all women are stupid idiots". People just have to watch what they're saying and think about things.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Off Topic
I don't think that the use of the word, either the original or the replacement, is demeaning to women. It is demeaning to the ignorant or stupid people who manage to be accepted to elite colleges for reasons other than their own ability, and who have the gall to look down their noses at those who DID get in for their ability.

I must admit that, when I first read it, it had already been replaced and the choice of words seemed odd and a little out of character for the member whose purple prose we have all come to recognize.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Off Topic
FWIW, I think calling a man a "tw@t" is completely different than using it for a woman. I have no problem with the former; I would offer to punch any man who does the latter.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

As I said, if we're going to continue to discuss this, START A THREAD ABOUT IT.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Former Trump lawyer and New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who currently under federal investigation over potential foreign lobbying law violations, has been tightening his belt by jettisoning employees and independent contractors in recent weeks, according to Politico.

One of Politico’s sources said the staffers were told that the lawyer was trying to cut costs.

Though Giuliani reportedly hired a part-time driver recently, Politico notes that the entourage that follows him around New York has shrunk overall.

The layoffs come as the Justice Department investigates Giuliani’s dealings in Ukraine. Meanwhile, voting tech firms Smartmatic USA and Dominion Voting Systems are suing Giuliani in sweeping defamation lawsuits for peddling conspiracy theories claiming that the companies rigged the 2020 election against then-President Donald Trump. Dominion Voting Systems is demanding a whopping $1.3 billion in damages.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

somerset wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:08 pm
Gregg wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:51 pm
woodworker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:31 pm

It depends on whose body(ies) it is. Republicans, I'll bring the beer.
I'll bring a bong and half a pound of Eastern Kentucky Sinsemilla.

:smoking:
Off Topic
It was only recently, buying watermelons at a local mercado, that I realized that sinsemilla just means "seedless" (sin semilla - without seed). Ever since I first heard the term, way back when, I thought it was some special strain of weed ;)
Ohhhh. So that's why my watermelon won't stay lit.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

June bug wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:01 am
Azastan wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:48 am
Absolutely. And gratuitously so.
:yeahthat:
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Back to "indemnify." A discussion of indemnification could, and has, filled volumes and many many cases. But for our purposes here, I would summarize it as assuming the responsibility for the consequences of lawful and proper actions taken by someone else, at your direction, on your behalf. If you ask someone, pursuant to a power of attorney, to execute a document for you and then they get sued because they did so, you should indemnify them, pay for their legal fees and any damages. If you ask someone to do something illegal, reckless, dangerous, etc. and they know that, you might not be required to indemnify them, especially if it is illegal.

However, that is not what ruudles jr. is talking about. He wants trump to pay for his dad's legal and other "services." That is not indemnification.

Many, if not most, legal engagement letters contain an indemnification clause in favor of the lawyer. For example, if I am representing a client in a public offering, I would require the client to indemnify me if the client gives me fraudulent information and the SEC/investors come after me.

However, as I understand it, ruudles did not have an engagement letter with trump, so he be SOL generally.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

woodworker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:59 pm Back to "indemnify." A discussion of indemnification could, and has, filled volumes and many many cases. But for our purposes here, I would summarize it as assuming the responsibility for the consequences of lawful and proper actions taken by someone else, at your direction, on your behalf. If you ask someone, pursuant to a power of attorney, to execute a document for you and then they get sued because they did so, you should indemnify them, pay for their legal fees and any damages. If you ask someone to do something illegal, reckless, dangerous, etc. and they know that, you might not be required to indemnify them, especially if it is illegal.

However, that is not what ruudles jr. is talking about. He wants trump to pay for his dad's legal and other "services." That is not indemnification.

Many, if not most, legal engagement letters contain an indemnification clause in favor of the lawyer. For example, if I am representing a client in a public offering, I would require the client to indemnify me if the client gives me fraudulent information and the SEC/investors come after me.

However, as I understand it, ruudles did not have an engagement letter with trump, so he be SOL generally.
With Trump, a handshake is never enough.

Even if Rudy did have a written agreement with Trump, he would have to sue to collect. Trump has ignored written agreements many times. His attitude is "So, sue me". When people have sued, he has made it so expensive, in legal fees to collect what they were owed, and stretched the process out so long, that plaintiffs would often give up, or accept a fraction of what the written contract called for.

Rudy might have gotten paid, had he been successful in overturning the election and having Trump declared the actual winner.

I read somewhere that the famous picture of Rudy, with hair dye running down his face, enraged Trump, who felt that the image made him (Trump) look bad. Making Trump look bad is among the worst possible sins an underling can commit.
tek

Post by tek »

noblepa wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:28 pm Rudy might have gotten paid, had he been successful in overturning the election and having Trump declared the actual winner.
IMHO, the best-case outcome for Rudy if that happened is that Trump would let Rudy continue to hang around. I still don't think he'd get paid.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

George Conway has an OpEd in the Washington Post.

Opinion: What Trump has to fear from Rudy Giuliani
To borrow the infamous line of his ex-presidential ex-client, it looks like Rudolph W. Giuliani is “going to go through some things.” Like possibly being charged with a crime. Worse, some people who might have tried to save him from that fate might have actually guaranteed it.

In law and in life, things have a way of coming full circle. The quoted words come from the former president’s supposedly “perfect” phone call with Ukraine’s president, and described what could happen to the American ambassador there, Marie L. Yovanovitch. It was Giuliani’s relentless efforts that got her recalled.

Now that’s what might land poor Giuliani in the dock. Last week, the FBI showed up at his apartment at dawn, armed with a search warrant that reportedly focused on Yovanovitch’s firing. Questions the seized materials might answer: On whose behalf was Giuliani acting? Just Donald J. Trump, legal client? Or was Giuliani also representing Ukrainian officials who wanted the corruption-fighting diplomat gone?

If the latter, Giuliani might have violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Giuliani denies any obligation to register — because, he says, he drafted his retainer agreements to disclaim lobbying or foreign representation.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... rump-fear/
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Uninformed wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:33 am I assume the page shown is from Dominion’s response to the MTD, filed yesterday.
Thanks, how nice! Missed that. Still laughing about the Opposition to Squidney's MTD. This one is only 19 pages but Roodles, Lindell & Company should get used to seeing the language. :P
In a motion filed on Wednesday evening, the election-technology company said the judge should reject Giuliani's arguments. The company's attorneys said Giuliani's arguments lacked a basis in legal precedent and ignored facts about the case.
Here's the OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO DISMISS PLAINTIFFS’ COMPLAINT: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 28.0_1.pdf

The wheels are turning. #SurrenderRoodles!

Just had to ask. :P

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'll go to my room.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I shall say naught more about it.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Werdz is hard in a global forum.

When I was new to Hawaii, I was joking around with the other women and said something like "you silly vagina." Everyone froze. Where I grew up, it meant silly jerk. I kept asking what was wrong. Finally, someone told me that means puanani, which I thought means beautiful flower. Well, it does - but in Hawaiian slang, it was the c word.

I went into shock when I heard the c word commonly used in OZ (for both females & males). On the other hand, people were shocked when I said fanny. Little children would call each other dickheads. They thought it was funny. Nobody was upset with it. Well, except me initially.

I had to warn my son about words not to say AT ALL when we returned to the US.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Gregg wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:34 am
It's Crimson prose as the post was about Harvard and was meant to demean no one who didn't go to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, or UPenn. Also, Georgetown, Brown, Duke, Boston College and Spartanburg Community College in South Carolina.

It was a line crossed, I'm sorry. My unfortunate gerund choice aside, I did mean every word of the sentiment in the way you'd have to have had endured delivering pizza on a bicycle in Cambridge in January to empathize with. I would often come down 4 flights of stairs with a 25 cent tip to find the bike stolen, up in a tree, locked to the step rails or parked under a window which made it convenient for the entitled rich kids to dump a bucket of piss on me. I have never been so mistreated in my life as I was in college, surrounded by what I was led to believe were my betters.
I believe you completely.

I attended that vocational school downriver from yours in Cambridge about 50 years ago. We heard many rumors about such happenings upriver as you describe. Those rumors filled us with disgust and also some anger (and maybe a little fear).

My "vocational school" only admitted by merit (and then provided generous scholarship support if needed and boy did I need it ;)). Parents could not buy their kids admission. If they could have there were no phony baloney remedial courses so flunking out would have been likely. On campus status depended on academic success and little else.

Not that we didn't have some status issues. I attended one of the worst high schools in Massachusetts. My junior and senior years we were on state mandated austerity because the school budget had failed to be approved so that the spending on us was the minimum legally possible.

Starting my freshman year of college amongst graduates of Roxbury Latin and the Bronx High School of Science was a bit daunting. But I learned I could hold my own and at least my classmates weren't dumping piss on me.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

bob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:25 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:11 pmDoes Andrew have a JD?-- I don't know what his educational background is.
No: Andrew has a BA from Duke.
Hockey team?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University, where he was recruited to play golf. Giuliani studied marketing, management, and sociology, graduating in May 2009.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Giuliani

The use of “earned” possibly refers to his golfing abilities.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”