Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

California Governor

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: California Governor

Post by Slim Cognito »

twitter predicted this last night. I don't have the actual tweets but it went something like this:

Newsom wins big in recall election, further proof Democrats are in disarray.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

$300 million might have gone towards the homelessness problem, which the recallers claimed to be so mad about.

What an enormous waste of time, money, energy and resources.

Just sayin'.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I didn't hear the news until this morning. I wasn't surprised, but only because Newsome upped his game considerably in the last few weeks.

:groupdance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 am Yeah, and :oldman: used to remind us on a regular basis that 25% of the population is in the bottom 25% of measured IQ.

But can't some of those bottom 25% vote intelligently, just once in a while? :think:
I already told you a a virtual meetup....

We have the dumbest population of any industrialized nation on this planet.... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:55 am
Foggy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 am Yeah, and :oldman: used to remind us on a regular basis that 25% of the population is in the bottom 25% of measured IQ.

But can't some of those bottom 25% vote intelligently, just once in a while? :think:
I already told you a a virtual meetup....

We have the dumbest population of any industrialized nation on this planet.... :biggrin:
That's not an accident.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Indeed, fully half of the population has below average intelligence.

;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:58 am :snippity:
That's not an accident.
I see you've been doing some reading about the GA public education system ;)
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:37 am I didn't hear the news until this morning. I wasn't surprised, but only because Newsome upped his game considerably in the last few weeks.

:groupdance:
I’m not so sure Newsom was ever in real trouble. The recall has been gathering signatures for THREE YEARS. This is the first time they had enough to trigger the recall and it’s solely due to the DFO effect. His base got real loud.

It’s never been about Newsom. It’s always been about Trumpism, IMHO.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm Indeed, fully half of the population has below average intelligence.

;)
Ahem.... "Median"
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:16 pm :snippity:

It’s never been about Newsom. It’s always been about Trumpism, IMHO.
And they came up with a big Sieg Fail on this one....

I'll come in again :bag:

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I think maybe for the first time I'm starting to believe Orlylicious's prediction that we're going to keep the House and the Senate in the 2022 elections. That was a completely overwhelming win, and it looked especially strong because ElderNotWiser was runnin' around yelling about how the Dems were going to commit fraud (like it would be a really close result if nobody cheated).

At least he seems to understand that he can't really claim fraud when he got beat by forty points. :mrgreen: His butt is so sore he can't hardly sit in a chair today.

This is going to be a terrible thing for Newsom's ego. He's going to be a little difficult to live with for a spell.

"Didja see how I did in the recall? Everybody in this state loves me! I oughta run for president!"

Except he really has been a fairly mediocre politician who happened to get lucky a couple times. If this had been a gubernatorial election, he would have faced primary challengers and maybe not even kept his seat. But the people of California were NOT going to elect a guy who was trying to position himself to the right of TFA. Saying that white slaveowners should have been compensated for the loss of their 'property' after the Civil War might have been just a teensy weensy bit too far for even some of the Republican voters.

But maybe it means that people are done with the lies and attempts to kill our democracy. I can only hope so.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:21 pm And they came up with a big Sieg Fail on this one....
On the other hand, failure at the ballot box is kinda a win for them since their main driving force right now is 'elections where we lose are fraudulent'. So while they did not get a person into power (where they can potentially screw up), they did get reenforcement of their worldview and the power that can come with that.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I will admit I enjoyed the trumpie reactions at 11 (eastern) as the scoreboard immediately caught fire. Mostly to the tune of "I'll never vote again. Why should I? It's all fixed."

Fingers crossed.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

She is such a disgrace. For someone who had great gifts, she sure has wasted her life.
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm
Volkonski wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:07 pm Indeed, fully half of the population has below average intelligence.

;)
Ahem.... "Median"
:thumbup:

I am currently having yet another go-round with my fellow engineers about median vs. average.
they: "look, our median response time is nice and smooth at 12 milliseconds!"
me: "but the average has huge spikes up to 100 milliseconds! there are clearly some VERY long response times!"
they: "Huh?"

:brickwallsmall:
bob

Post by bob »

In 2018, 63% voted for Newsom in the general gubernatorial election.

In 2021, 64% (so far) voted not to recall Newsom.

:slow golf clap:

Bonus: In the replacement question, Jenner wasn't even in the Top 10. :doh:
Image ImageImage
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

tek wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:33 pm
Off Topic
Chilidog wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:18 pm
;)
Ahem.... "Median"
:thumbup:

I am currently having yet another go-round with my fellow engineers about median vs. average.
they: "look, our median response time is nice and smooth at 12 milliseconds!"
me: "but the average has huge spikes up to 100 milliseconds! there are clearly some VERY long response times!"
they: "Huh?"

:brickwallsmall:
That's actually pretty scary. I remember the difference having studied it 50 years ago. And IANAE.

And to be fair, 100 is often cited as "average intelligence." But for half of the population to be below a certain figure, that figure would be a perfect example of a median.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, but talking about dumb people is mean. Statistically, that is. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Couple Chris Hayes stories, Ron Nehring is funny in this first one. Find Hayes irritating but the story is good.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Apparently there was a problem with eligible voters being told they'd already voted in one precinct but they caught their error and all affected voters were given provisional ballots.

My sweet old lady persona's first thought was, "That's unfortunate. Everyone should be able to vote without hassle."

Then the biker chick* in me thought, "Welcome to our world. Not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot, is it?"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/californ ... 8d09625308
In the Woodland Hills neighborhood last weekend, some people who showed up said they were told they had already voted, which the registrar’s office said was caused by settings on some computers used to check in voters. The office said those affected were allowed to cast provisional ballots, which act as placeholders until voter eligibility is determined. Similarly, a Newsmax reporter tweeted Tuesday that he was told he had already voted at an Orange County polling place. The county registrar said he couldn’t comment on this case, but anecdotally this situation happens “but in small numbers” and often there is an explanation. He, too, was allowed to cast a provisional ballot.
*I may have those two personalities mixed up. I like to think of my old lady persona akin to Betty White.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:11 am Apparently there was a problem with eligible voters being told they'd already voted in one precinct but they caught their error and all affected voters were given provisional ballots.

My sweet old lady persona's first thought was, "That's unfortunate. Everyone should be able to vote without hassle."

Then the biker chick* in me thought, "Welcome to our world. Not so funny when the shoe is on the other foot, is it?"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/californ ... 8d09625308
In the Woodland Hills neighborhood last weekend, some people who showed up said they were told they had already voted, which the registrar’s office said was caused by settings on some computers used to check in voters. The office said those affected were allowed to cast provisional ballots, which act as placeholders until voter eligibility is determined. Similarly, a Newsmax reporter tweeted Tuesday that he was told he had already voted at an Orange County polling place. The county registrar said he couldn’t comment on this case, but anecdotally this situation happens “but in small numbers” and often there is an explanation. He, too, was allowed to cast a provisional ballot.
*I may have those two personalities mixed up. I like to think of my old lady persona akin to Betty White.
Not Agnes Moorehead? :mrgreen:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That works, too. I've no problem adding a witch personality. The more the merrier.

The old hippie part is attending the Oct 2 Women's March wearing a witch hat and a sign that reads

"We are the witches you can't burn," (stolen from a young woman whose sign read We Are The Granddaughters of the Witches You Couldn't Burn.)

Return to “Governors & State Elections”