Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: NY21 - Stefanik - My Despicable Congresswoman

Post by Slim Cognito »

I didn't realize FL had a border with Mexico.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Elies Stefanik is touting an appearance by Scott Presler next week, a meet-hate with voter registration.

The Albany NY Times-Union, famous for being wicked conservative and taking its role as the news organ of the state capitol with seriousness and dignity, is verging on the snark. They have so had it with Lie-Lie.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article ... 401746.php

Stefanik touts appearance of ex-strategist for group called anti-Muslim
WILTON - U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik is hyping the upcoming appearance at a Republican voter registration rally in Saratoga County of a Virginia political operative identified as a former top strategist for an anti-Muslim group.

On Wednesday, the GOP congressional conference leader enthusiastically tweeted what she described as “massive news” - the upcoming Wednesday evening, Aug. 25, appearance of Scott Presler, whom Stefanik described in the tweet as an “American Patriot,” at the campaign event at Gavin Park in Wilton.

Stefanik, who is pregnant with her first child, is not expected to attend the event.

On Jan. 3, three days before the U.S. Capitol was stormed by supporters of former President Donald Trump, Presler tweeted: "January 6th, 2021 is going to be a defining moment in American history."

On the eve of Jan. 6, Presler tweeted: "I can truthfully say that I’ve done everything I possibly could in the last 4 years. Look forward to seeing everyone in DC. Let’s make some history."

Presler attended rallies on that date.

In 2017, the congresswoman's promotion of Presler would seem unlikely. At the time, Stefanik was a moderate Republican who was lukewarm at best to the Trump. And Stefanik opposed Trump’s initial Muslim travel ban. That same year in June, as the lead strategy activist for ACT for America, Presler coordinated a march that attracted factions of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and anti-government extremists all united by their anti-Muslim beliefs, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups.

But Stefanik, who has reinvented herself as a staunch supporter of Trump, is embracing Presler. The Daily Beast, which first reported Presler’s appearance, said that in 2017 , Presler stumped for Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore and helped organize multiple “Stop the Steal” protests by ardent Trump supporters falsely claiming he defeated President Joe Biden.

Presler's appearance was condemned by Saratoga Springs Public Safety commissioner Robin Dalton, a candidate for Saratoga Springs mayor and a former Republican who left the party saying it had become too extreme.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Looks like Scott's event was canceled. He is an effective surrogate and supporter, he travels the country (who pays for that?) registering new voters and encouraging folks to fun for office. He's blocked me but keep an eye on his feed.

Lightning-rod Trump supporter Scott Presler's rally canceled in Wilton
Appearance of speaker identified as a former top strategist for an anti-Muslim group was touted by U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik, local Republicans but condemned by Democrats
Aug. 24, 2021 Updated: Aug. 24, 2021 4:33 p.m.

WILTON – Scott Presler, a political activist identified as a former top strategist for an anti-Muslim group, canceled an appearance Wednesday at Gavin Park that was touted by U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik and the local Republican Party. Saratoga County Chairman Carl Zeilman said that a case of COVID in RISE PAC, of which Presler is a member, forced the cancellation.

On Wednesday, Stefanik, the GOP congressional conference leader, enthusiastically tweeted what she described as “massive news” - the upcoming Wednesday evening, Aug. 25, appearance of Presler, whom Stefanik described in the tweet as an “American Patriot,” at the campaign event at Gavin Park in Wilton. Stefanik, who was not expected to attend the event, appears to have deleted the tweet.

Presler’s cancellation was preceded by a wave of outrage from Democratic chairs in Stefanik’s district and others who condemned Stefanik and the Saratoga County GOP for hosting Presler, whose marches against Muslims are listed on the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hate Watch list.
https://www.timesunion.com/news/article ... 408046.php

Meanwhile Don Winslow reminds folks about Elise:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Rep. Stefanik claims in ads that Democrats seek a ‘permanent election insurrection’ by providing pathways to citizenship

Rep. Elise Stefanik (N.Y.), the No. 3 House Republican, is pushing the notion in Facebooks ads that President Biden and fellow Democrats are seeking a “permanent election insurrection” by expanding pathways to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.

The ads from Stefanik come ahead of a rally planned for Saturday in Washington in support of those charged with crimes in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol and as House Democrats work to advance a measure that would allow several million immigrants to apply for permanent residency.

“Radical Democrats are planning their most aggressive move yet: a PERMANENT ELECTION INSURRECTION,” says one version of the ad, paid for by Stefanik’s campaign committee, that appeared Wednesday. “Their plan to grant amnesty to 11 MILLION illegal immigrants will overthrow our current electorate and create a permanent liberal majority in Washington.”

The ad depicts Biden with people who appear to be migrants reflected in the sunglasses he is wearing.

The language in the ads echoes that of far-right commentators, including Fox News’s Tucker Carlson, who have advanced a “replacement theory” that says liberals are seeking to replace White citizens with non-White immigrants who are inclined to support the Democratic Party.
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpos ... story.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

I have been getting fund raising calls from Democratic primary candidates in this race. Suggestions as to whom I should give money?? Most liberal/most likely to be Stefanik?? Thanks.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

woodworker wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:43 pm I have been getting fund raising calls from Democratic primary candidates in this race. Suggestions as to whom I should give money?? Most liberal/most likely to be Stefanik?? Thanks.
That's probably two different people given what I know about her district. Trump took it by 10 points in 2020.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

In these difficult days, when "picking a side" has become so regretfully necessary, it is good to see the notoriously conservative newspaper of the state's capital lay it on the line like this.

They do a better job of speaking out than the local democratic clubs in #NY21

https://www.timesunion.com/opinion/arti ... 465746.php

Editorial: How low, Ms. Stefanik?
Ms. Stefanik isn’t so brazen as to use the slogans themselves; rather, she couches the hate in alarmist anti-immigrant rhetoric that’s become standard fare for the party of Donald Trump. And she doesn’t quite attack immigrants directly; instead, she alleges that Democrats are looking to grant citizenship to undocumented immigrants in order to gain a permanent liberal majority, or, as she calls it, a “permanent election insurrection.” Quite a choice of words, of course, considering that the country is still suffering the aftershocks of the Jan. 6 insurrection in Washington by supporters of Mr. Trump who tried to overturn Democrat Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election.
:snippity:
The idea of America as a melting pot is not some idealistic fiction of the left; it is part of the foundation of this nation’s greatness. It is in this country’s best interests to bring those millions of people who are here illegally but living honest, productive lives out of the shadows and give them a path to citizenship — an idea even some Republican lawmakers once supported before Mr. Trump and his ilk poisoned the debate.

If there’s anything that needs replacing in this country — and in the Republican party — it’s the hateful rhetoric that Ms. Stefanik and far too many of her colleagues so shamelessly spew.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:boxing:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I visited Stefanik's Facebook page for the first time in a while, today (she apparently took out a FB ad about immigration that is straight-out racism, and I wanted to grab a piccy).

Her timeline is a sewer. Even I couldn't believe it (I still have to remind myself that expressing vile hate is a thing). Much different that last year this time, when she was running for office. Non-stop trash about the usual Dems, Biden ridicule and accusations, and oh yes, the occasional "Please to announce" post about funding coming to her district that she fucking voting against.

Here's a sample of where she's at now:
Stefanik Pimps 45 Merch.jpg
Stefanik Pimps 45 Merch.jpg (104.36 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:29 pm I visited Stefanik's Facebook page for the first time in a while, today (she apparently took out a FB ad about immigration that is straight-out racism, and I wanted to grab a piccy).

Her timeline is a sewer. Even I couldn't believe it (I still have to remind myself that expressing vile hate is a thing). Much different that last year this time, when she was running for office. Non-stop trash about the usual Dems, Biden ridicule and accusations, and oh yes, the occasional "Please to announce" post about funding coming to her district that she fucking voting against.

I'm sorry. I still haven't sold all my Gore and Hillary merch. 🤪
Lani

Post by Lani »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:22 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:29 pm I visited Stefanik's Facebook page for the first time in a while, today (she apparently took out a FB ad about immigration that is straight-out racism, and I wanted to grab a piccy).

I'm sorry. I still haven't sold all my Gore and Hillary merch. 🤪
:biggrin: I still use my merch! I have my Obama hat, hoody jacket & t-shirt. Also bought a signed poster by Shepard Fairey, framed it & gave it my kid for Christmas. It hangs in his office. 2016 I bought some Hillary merch and still love it (altho in some ways, it breaks my heart). For Biden, I didn't buy early enough, so I only have a Biden Harris coffee mug which I use often. Also had one sent to my kid. :biggrin:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

You guys are making a big mistake. I mean, Stefanik TOLD you this merch is ONLY AVAILABLE through Sept 30. Don't you get it? You're passing up on a STEAL.

Literally.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Who makes money off it?

Instead of book burnings, I want to see a bonfire (in a safe place) of all the ugly Trump stuff, including weaponized flags.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:54 pm
woodworker wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:43 pm I have been getting fund raising calls from Democratic primary candidates in this race. Suggestions as to whom I should give money?? Most liberal/most likely to be Stefanik?? Thanks.
That's probably two different people given what I know about her district. Trump took it by 10 points in 2020.
Three now:

Matt Putorti, lawyer, seems to have the best organization and qualifications at this point. https://www.putortiforcongress.com/

Bridie Farrell, former US speed skater, jumped in second, not a lot of traction yet. https://bridieforus.com/

Ezra Watson, https://ezrawatson.com/

And someone else I can't locate, recently entered.

Best to wait till after the primary, IMO. New Yorker Dems will decide which of the candidates is most likely to appeal to New Yorkers, and they are usually right. Of course, if one of the above appeals to you, go for it!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

FTR Sept 2021 - Stefanik goes full-on racist. And doubles down on the Big Lie.
stefanik Permanent Insurrection fb ad.jpg
stefanik Permanent Insurrection fb ad.jpg (267.78 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

A nice run down of Stefanik's approach to social media. Though he leaves out the inane series of one sentence tweets her media folk like to Tweet when they're dunk: (Truth! Build the Wall! No Mandates! etc.).

https://kentingley.substack.com/p/rep-s ... n-words-oh

Rep. Stefanik in her own words - Oh my!
I was startled to learn our supermarket shelves were bare. When I went grocery shopping last week, I didn’t have a problem getting anything. I actually spent $192 and there are only two of us. Rep. Stefanik used a photo from the Times-Union to illustrate her point. I’m guessing she didn’t have time to take a photo while she was grocery shopping. It’s irresponsible to make such generalizations.
Previous Republicans have certainly warned us that “Merry Christmas” was in danger - I never understood that either because I continue to use the term liberally - but I was really shocked to learn the entire holiday was in jeopardy.

Perhaps, Rep. Stefanik should not put so much weight on what she gets for Christmas and more value on spending time with family and friends. Isn’t that the true meaning of Christmas.

The Twitter universe is often an evil place where people can be mean and insulting. Our former president showed us the way in that regard and Rep. Stefanik has proved to be proficient as well.

If you look closely at Rep. Stefanik’s Twitter feed, it is stacked with what is wrong with Democrats and their policies, but it is also filled with information that would not hold up to a second grader’s fact check.

I guess I’m old-fashioned. I remember when members of Congress explained how to fix problems and negotiated with their colleagues on the other side of the aisle to find compromises to help the people instead of constantly attacking each other.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

... more value on spending time with family and friends. Isn’t that the true meaning of Christmas.
No, it isn't. Even people who don't have any family or friends are allowed to celebrate Christmas. The real meaning of Christmas is the birth of the alleged Jesus Christ, a thing for which there is little evidence. And in this great land of ours, the true meaning of Christmas is a capitalist orgy of spending money.

I'm surprised there are people who don't understand the true meaning of Christmas at all. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was at Publix yesterday. Other than sports drinks and juice boxes, the shelves were packed. WTH is Stefanik giving for presents?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:40 am WTH is Stefanik giving for presents?
Faberge eggs? :shrug: Maybe that would explain her "supply chain" issues...

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

You can't spell Christmas without C R A S S. :thumbsup:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:48 am
... more value on spending time with family and friends. Isn’t that the true meaning of Christmas.
No, it isn't. Even people who don't have any family or friends are allowed to celebrate Christmas. The real meaning of Christmas is the birth of the alleged Jesus Christ, a thing for which there is little evidence. And in this great land of ours, the true meaning of Christmas is a capitalist orgy of spending money.

I'm surprised there are people who don't understand the true meaning of Christmas at all. :think:
That's a complete lie!

Godzilla Vs Jesus.jpg
Godzilla Vs Jesus.jpg (85.81 KiB) Viewed 2184 times
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man I have GOT TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE.

So cool! :cheer1:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Steve Schmidt schmidtzes My Despicable Congresswoman, It's a five-part tweet (I missed it somehow at the time.)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lying with impunity. One of the symptoms of our failed democracy, IMO.

They're so cheap.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This week at Mar-a-Lago, Trump elevated
@EliseStefanik
as a presidential contender.

Here’s a look back at how she sold her soul to become a MAGA heiress.

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”