President Elect Joseph "Joe" Robinette Biden Jr.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

No link yet, but I heard on CNN Biden is not moving into the White House until it has had a deep cleaning. He will be staying in a hotel. I know which one it won't be.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 am No link yet, but I heard on CNN Biden is not moving into the White House until it has had a deep cleaning. He will be staying in a hotel. I know which one it won't be.
Considering in what state the mob left the Capitol behind, this may be a wise decision. All those brown noses in the WH may leave their marks all over the place :shit:

#MAGA :sarcasm:

Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

I thought this was a good one because it suggests movement towards the goal.
timer6543.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:thumbs:

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Lani

Post by Lani »

I watched it and was impressed. Great coronavirus plan moving forward. Damn shame we can't go back in time and do it right in early 2020. :madguy: Tomorrow the US total deaths will pass 400,000. :(

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Lani wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 pm I watched it and was impressed. Great coronavirus plan moving forward. Damn shame we can't go back in time and do it right in early 2020. :madguy: Tomorrow the US total deaths will pass 400,000. :(
I liked it.

Today, I visited a friend. She's been out of work since March 28, 2020. She's 58, her job is still kept open for her and she's been on unemployment with continued approval of her employer. She has pre-existing medical conditions and wants the vaccine so she can go back to work. She's upset with the rollout because, she is under 65, and she has serious medical conditions and doesn't qualify to be in the first tier. She believes it's being rolled out too slow and that Trump just 'gave up'.

I told her . . . wait until January 20th and you'll see a different plan.

And that was before Biden's video
(-- and to whomever:-- excellent to stage-sit Kamala behind Joe)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

The plans are great. Big Democratic plans. Presented by a guy who, let's be honest, painfully stumbled through the entire presentation.

My worry now is not that Trump will do something else stoopid or horrendous before 12 noon next Wednesday, but that Uncle Joe might not make it.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:35 pm The plans are great. Big Democratic plans. Presented by a guy who, let's be honest, painfully stumbled through the entire presentation.

My worry now is not that Trump will do something else stoopid or horrendous before 12 noon next Wednesday, but that Uncle Joe might not make it.
Yeah, that’s worried me too.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

On the bright side, President Kamala Harris will have an excellent team in place. Much better than if she had picked them herself.

I see her on that chair behind Uncle Joe. She knows it, too.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:47 pm On the bright side, President Kamala Harris will have an excellent team in place. Much better than if she had picked them herself.

:yeah:

And Kamala's visibility is reassuring to a lot of us folks.

There's always the knowledge that a Vice President may have to step up at any point during a presidency. When the POTUS is as old as Biden, the chances are greater than if the president were Obama's age. So it's a good idea for Kamala to be front and center. She will be gaining knowledge she might need, and the public will recognize that she would be stepping in, if necessary, with a solid background of current affairs.

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sterngard Friegen wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:47 pm On the bright side, President Kamala Harris will have an excellent team in place. Much better than if she had picked them herself.

Yeah, I have my fingers crossed that he makes it to next week. He's walking like a really old man.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

RVInit wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:36 pm

Yeah, I have my fingers crossed that he makes it to next week. He's walking like a really old man.
I'm 61. I sprained my ankle. I walk like an old lady. Doesn't mean my brain is broken. Although I'm sure it may be less active than Bidens' Brain.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Still think he did a good job of presenting and describing the plan to get through the covid disaster. Yes, I did see how tired he appeared to be as he left the room. Biden has a hell of a job ahead. Trump broke the US, and once again the Dem president has to rebuild it. (BTW, after Obama announced the death of Osama bin Laden, he turned, his shoulders slumped, and he awkwardly walked away, appearing to be exhausted.)

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Lest we not forget that Biden has a bad stutter, his speeches will always seem awkward, as he has to take a hard pause to prevent it.

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

And he knows more than we do about what happened during the Capitol Riot and what plans the insurrectionists have between now and next Wednesday. I would imagine he's not sleeping too well. I know I haven't been.

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 6.53.41 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I prefer not to perpetuate the RWNJ idea that Biden is a tottering old man with dementia. Criticism is due where it's due, of course, but I don't find it helpful or productive when we are discussing someone who just broke his foot and most likely has had little sleep over the past few weeks.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Middle of the night thought that popped into my head... This spring they can restart the White House Correspondents Dinner after a four year hiatus because of IMPOTUS. Just one more thing to be grateful for. :thumbs:

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
much ado

Post by much ado »

Sunrise wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:31 am Middle of the night thought that popped into my head... This spring they can restart the White House Correspondents Dinner after a four year hiatus because of IMPOTUS. Just one more thing to be grateful for. :thumbs:
I hope there are a lot of Trump jokes.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:34 pm I prefer not to perpetuate the RWNJ idea that Biden is a tottering old man with dementia. Criticism is due where it's due, of course, but I don't find it helpful or productive when we are discussing someone who just broke his foot and most likely has had little sleep over the past few weeks.
I had forgotten that he broke his foot. That certainly would explain the way he's been walking lately.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RVInit wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:28 am
Patagoniagirl wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:34 pm I prefer not to perpetuate the RWNJ idea that Biden is a tottering old man with dementia. Criticism is due where it's due, of course, but I don't find it helpful or productive when we are discussing someone who just broke his foot and most likely has had little sleep over the past few weeks.
I had forgotten that he broke his foot. That certainly would explain the way he's been walking lately.
Is he in a walking cast? Was that when one of his secret agent dogs “accidentally” made him fall?

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

RVInit wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:28 am
Off Topic
Broken feet are very troublesome, my 40 y/o son broke his foot last July stepping into a pool. It wasn't displaced so they put him in a boot at first and then he did displace it. Surgery followed where they overdosed him with anesthesia and stopped his heart, but he was quickly revived. (I would not have wanted to be the nurse that had to tell my daughter-in-law that news, she's not the least bit shy about expressing herself. :shock: ) My son rolled that foot around on a little knee scooter until just a couple weeks ago and is still walking on a cane.

Birfers are toast
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Excellent article by Fintan O’Toole on the challenges Joe Biden faces:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... reat-again

Return to “Biden Administration”