Prominent People with Coronavirus COVID-19

Reality Check

Re: Prominent People with Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Reality Check »

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:51 pm
:snippity: I did t know Tom Dempsey was still alive. Not as old as I thought . . .
I think I saw his record kick live on television. In those days the goal posts were on the goal line so New Orleans had the ball on their own 45 yard line when they lined up for the 63 yard field goal from their own 37. The announcers were laughing about them trying the kick from that far.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

My wife told me not to be happy about BoJo being admitted. I ignored her request.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Addie

Post by Addie »

Associated Press
Marianne Faithfull in hospital with coronavirus and 'stable'

The English singer-songwriter Marianne Faithfull is being treated for coronavirus in a London hospital.

Her manager Francois Ravard said Sunday that Faithfull is stable, however, and responding to treatment.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Bix
@BixJacks
South Dakota Representative Bob Glanzer passed away from #COVID19. He was taking an "anti-malaria drug."
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:12 pm
Bix
@BixJacks
South Dakota Representative Bob Glanzer passed away from #COVID19. He was taking an "anti-malaria drug."
Self-medicating or under doctors order and supervision?

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:24 pm
Volkonski wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:12 pm
Bix
@BixJacks
Self-medicating or under doctors order and supervision?
Donald J. Trump MD

:thumbs:
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

https://www.kotatv.com/content/news/Rep ... 86111.html
He had been treated at Huron Regional Medical Center for several days. Doctors decided to transfer him to a Sioux Falls hospital last week after he stopped responding to treatment. He was airlifted to Avera McKennan Hospital.
He tested positive two weeks ago so he may have been at home for a few days before entering a hospital.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Being reported that Boris Johnson has been taken to intensive care. I'm not sure I really care, do u?

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I care. He is the head of government in the UK. It's should also be a lesson that transparency is important and the Brits will/should be pissed that Downing Street was downplaying this hospitalization.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Kendra wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm
Being reported that Boris Johnson has been taken to intensive care. I'm not sure I really care, do u?
I feel guilty for saying "yeeaahhh, nooo..." but these RW assholes (picking up on Glanzer in preceding posts and Johnson now) failed to protect their populations from the threats of pandemics and the gross unfairness of the policies that they promoted. It shouldn't be a death sentence ... but I didn't kill them, it's not my fault, there is no reason for me to feel guilt and actually I don't care. If they suffer similar consequences to the heartless policies they wish to inflict on others, well, that's karma.

These desperate times bring out the best and worst in people, including me. I feel for the nurses and young doctors who are dying; that is heartbreaking. RWers, whether assholes or enablers of assholes ... not so much.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:29 pm
Kendra wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:21 pm
I feel guilty for saying "yeeaahhh, nooo..." but these RW assholes (picking up on Glanzer in preceding posts and Johnson now) failed to protect their populations from the threats of pandemics and the gross unfairness of the policies that they promoted. It shouldn't be a death sentence ... but I didn't kill them, it's not my fault, there is no reason for me to feel guilt and actually I don't care. If they suffer similar consequences to the heartless policies they wish to inflict on others, well, that's karma.

These desperate times bring out the best and worst in people, including me. I feel for the nurses and young doctors who are dying; that is heartbreaking. RWers, whether assholes or enablers of assholes ... not so much.
Same here. In some ways, for the human species it may ultimately be a good thing if he passes away. His behavior was on display and now we are seeing the result of it. Sometimes what is bad for a single representative of a species may be beneficial for the entire species.

Sorry, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MSNBC reporting that his fiancee, who is six or so months pregnant, is positive how and self quarantining.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

The people I'm very displeased with right now are those in the Chinese government who downplayed and concealed this when it was an epidemic in Wuhan and also Donald Trump.

They are all going to be responsible for tens of thousands of deaths.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
·
2m
BREAKING: U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson moved to ICU after his condition worsened. Johnson had been hospitalized yesterday due to coronavirus symptoms. https://abcn.ws/39NdkQf

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Johnson was reported admitted yesterday for "tests." He'd already tested positive for COVID and was symptomatic, so the "tests" were most likely radiological and perhaps tests on his other organ systems. Methinks Downing Street was shading the truth a bit with yesterday's statement. It's entirely possible he had a rapid downturn today, but credibility is important for the government and now there are legitimate questions.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

TexasFilly wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:51 pm
Johnson was reported admitted yesterday for "tests." He'd already tested positive for COVID and was symptomatic, so the "tests" were most likely radiological and perhaps tests on his other organ systems. Methinks Downing Street was shading the truth a bit with yesterday's statement. It's entirely possible he had a rapid downturn today, but credibility is important for the government and now there are legitimate questions.
I agree completely.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Re: Boris Johnson. I'm tempted to say "Hey, now your herd will have immunity. What do you think of shaking hands now?"

But the more reasonable side of me says he has already paid a high price for his recklessness by being very sick with the virus, and having his fiance and unborn baby exposed and possibly also sick. He could face death, as could his fiance and baby. Is that enough of a price to pay? I don't wish that on anyone. But it isn't my choice.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 »

GreatGrey wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:26 pm
Prine’s “Jesus, the Missing Years” is one of my favorite songs:

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

My heart is broken.

Again.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

P, thanks for posting the interview the other day. I’ve listened to the first hour and plan to find his Studs Terkel interview in the Studs archives.

I’m so very sad.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

bob

Post by bob »

CNN: Hal Willner, longtime 'SNL' staffer and music producer, dies at 64:
Generations of "Saturday Night Live" talent are paying tribute to Hal Willner, a longtime staff member of the show who is being remembered for his lovable weirdness as much as his musical genius.

Willner died Tuesday at age 64, according to Blake Zidell, a spokesperson for Willner.

Willner had symptoms consistent with Covid-19 but had not been formally diagnosed, Zidell said.

On paper, Willner wore many hats.

One had him working on sketch music adaptations for "SNL," a duty which essentially called for him to choose the music for sketches featured on the long-running comedy series. He'd held the job since the '80s and was a current employee of the show.

Outside of his work on "SNL," Willner was a celebrated producer, working with many legendary musicians for tribute albums and live events. He was known for his love of music across genres, something that was reflected in his work.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Return to “Coronavirus”