Coronavirus: It's Inside the Congress

chancery

Post by chancery »

:torches:

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

She said that her husband is very high risk, and they have been extremely careful during the last ten months to take all precautions. I've seen the video of the morons refusing the masks.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Addie

Post by Addie »

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Breaking: A third member of Congress has tested positive for COVID-19 after the Capitol lockdown.

Democratic Rep. Brad Schneider: "I am now in strict isolation, worried that I have risked my wife's health and angry at the selfishness and arrogance of the anti-maskers."

11:16 AM · Jan 12, 2021

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Scott Wong
@scottwongDC
·
Jan 12, 2021
Replying to @scottwongDC
NEW: PELOSI implementing fines for members who refuse to wear masks:

$500 fine for first offense. $2,500 for second office. Fines will be deducted from Member pay (no use of campaign funds or MRA for fines).
Scott Wong
@scottwongDC
** Refuse to wear masks on the House floor*

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Addie

Post by Addie »

Capital-Star: Criticism grows of GOP lawmakers, including Pa.’s Perry, who refused masks while sheltering during Capitol riot

WASHINGTON — President-elect Joe Biden on Monday chastised GOP lawmakers, including one from Pennsylvania, for refusing to wear masks while they were held in a safe location as a violent mob of pro-Trump supporters stormed the Capitol last week.

As lawmakers waited for law enforcement to secure the Capitol on Wednesday, Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester, D-Del., went around a packed room passing out masks to people without them, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

“When they were hiding from the mob, she was going around trying to hand out masks to everybody,” Biden said to a group of reporters. “And her Republican colleagues wouldn’t wear a mask. I think it’s irresponsible.”

In a video obtained by Punchbowl News, Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga.; Markwayne Mullin, R-Okla.; Andy Biggs, R-Ariz.; Scott Perry, R-10th District, and Michael Cloud, R-Texas, were all not wearing masks, and they turned down the disposable masks that Rochester was offering.

"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo: Rep. Espaillat tests positive for coronavirus, says he received second dose of vaccine last week

Rep. Adriano Espaillat (D-N.Y.) said Thursday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus.

Espaillat was among the lawmakers who spoke on the House floor Wednesday during the debate over impeaching Trump for a second time. The lawmaker also said he received the second dose of the coronavirus vaccine last week.

“I am following guidance from my physician and quarantining at home after having tested positive for COVID-19,” Espaillat said in a tweet Thursday morning. “I received the second dose of the #COVID19vaccine last week and understand the affects take time. I have continued to be tested regularly, wear my mask and follow the recommended guidelines.” ...

Espaillat is the latest House member to test positive for the coronavirus in the wake of last week’s storming of the U.S. Capitol by a pro-Trump mob.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

He got the virus, even after he got the vaccine?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
Lani

Post by Lani »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 pm He got the virus, even after he got the vaccine?
It can take a month after the 2nd vaccine to develop immunity.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Lani wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:31 pm He got the virus, even after he got the vaccine?
It can take a month after the 2nd vaccine to develop immunity.
Thanks.

Return to “Coronavirus”