Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:28 am
We're all trying to take you down, asshole. :madguy:
:dance:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Re: Breaking News: National Intelligence Whistle Blower

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Watch as the media jumps on the debunked Biden story while ignoring the trump story. This would be like if after the breakin at the Watergate Hotel the media instead asked what the DNC was hiding.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Thats the Librul media for ya.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:21 pm
Watch as the media jumps on the debunked Biden story while ignoring the trump story. This would be like if after the breakin at the Watergate Hotel the media instead asked what the DNC was hiding.
It's a test. Now or never, fucking media. Change or die.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

tek

Post by tek »

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:44 pm
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:21 pm
It's a test. Now or never, fucking media. Change or die.
:like:

It is time for the media to keep it's eyes on the ball.. for a change..

You'd think after these last three years they'd be wise to the trump fogging strategy. It isn't like they haven't seen it before. But I guess they are engaged in something other then journalism..
There's no way back
from there to here

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Timeline: The Trump whistleblower complaint
https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... -complaint

FWIW it is from The Hill. I believe I caught an error. Should be Maguire instead of Atkinson. Hopefully there aren't more and the dates are close. If you have a more complete/correct timeline, I would appreciate reading it.
Sept. 13: DNI responds

In a letter several days later to Schiff, Atkinson's general counsel Jason Klitenic explained that the matter was judged to not be of "urgent concern" after consultation with the Justice Department.

Jason Klitenic is the General Counsel for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Mr. Klitenic was sworn in on August 6, 2018............
https://www.dni.gov/index.php/who-we-ar ... al-counsel

Aug 6, 2018 - Today, I have the honor of welcoming Jason Klitenic as General Counsel of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.........................
https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/ ... telligence
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AM Joy had a nice visual on her set today. I'll see if I can find video where she breaks the timeline down.

Edit to add:

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Adding some more BACKGROUND about USA / UKRAINE - not WHISTLE BLOWER but dirty politics and journalism

from Wikipedia
The FORMER Ambassador to Ukraine Marie L. Yovanovitch
In office August 18, 2016 – May 20, 2019
Ukrainian do not prosecute controversy
On March 20, 2019, John F. Solomon of The Hill newspaper reported that Yovanovitch, in a meeting in 2016, gave Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko a list of individuals that Lutsenko should not prosecute, dictating how the Ukrainian Prosecutor General's office operates. The State Department has denied that Yovanovitch gave any list to Lutsenko.[6] Two months later Yovanovitch was recalled from her position following criticism of her in the U.S. media.[7]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_L._Yovanovitch

MAY 7, 2019, 12:09 PM <hyperlinks in article>

U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Recalled in ‘Political Hit Job,’ Lawmakers Say
Marie Yovanovitch stepping down as ambassador follows attacks from both right-wing media figures in the United States and a senior Ukrainian official.
Yovanovitch’s early dismissal will leave the U.S. Embassy in Kiev without a top diplomat at an important juncture in Ukraine, during the transition of newly elected President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Yovanovitch, who was outspoken about the need to crack down on corruption in the country, was thrust into the spotlight in March when Ukraine’s top prosecutor claimed, without evidence, that the ambassador had outlined a list of people he should not prosecute when he first met her. The U.S. State Department called the claim by Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko an “outright fabrication.” In April, he walked back the statement in a separate interview.

Lutsenko’s allegations about Yovanovitch came two weeks after she issued scathing remarks about Ukraine’s anti-corruption efforts and called on the authorities to fire special anti-corruption prosecutor Nazar Kholodnytsky. In wiretapped phone conversations, Kholodnytsky allegedly coached suspects on how to avoid corruption charges.

Lutsenko made his claim against Yovanovitch in an interview with Hill.TV’s John Solomon, which aired on March 20. That same day, the Hill published two further pieces based off what appears to be the same interview with Lutsenko, in which the prosecutor said he had opened a probe into alleged attempts by Ukrainian law enforcement to tip the 2016 U.S. presidential election in favor of Hillary Clinton by leaking financial ledgers with details of payments made to Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort by former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

Coming weeks before special counsel Robert Mueller published his report on Russian election interference in the 2016 election, Lutsenko’s allegation about Ukrainian interference was seized upon by Trump and his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, with the president tweeting out the headline to the Hill article, “John Solomon: As Russia Collusion fades, Ukrainian plot to help Clinton emerges.”

Yovanovitch then faced a slew of criticism from Fox News personalities and other right-wing media figures, who accused her of denigrating the president in private conversations. In March, Fox News host Laura Ingraham said that former Republican Rep. Pete Sessions sent a letter to Pompeo in May 2018 calling for the “expulsion” of Yovanovitch as ambassador to Ukraine “immediately.” The then-congressman said that he had evidence the ambassador had been critical of the Trump administration in private, though the current and former U.S. officials who spoke to Foreign Policy say that claim was unfounded.

“The fact that Sessions wrote that letter a year ago and she wasn’t removed shows me there’s no ‘there’ there,” said John Herbst, a former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who is now at the Atlantic Council, a Washington-based think tank.

“The fact that Sessions wrote that letter a year ago and she wasn’t removed shows me there’s no ‘there’ there,” said John Herbst, a former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who is now at the Atlantic Council, a Washington-based think tank.
<snip snip snip>
https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/05/07/us ... diplomacy/

http://archive.fo/MNhzP
This page was last archived 4 months ago

I am posting this because it will become part of the RWNJ "facts".
Just saw it at Orly's blog...a Gateway Pundit post. Noticed this claim other places recently and don't remember where... maybe a John Solomon piece. << Yep, see my ETA below>>
:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/corrupt-oba ... officials/ :twisted:

Corrupt Obama Ambassador Refused Visas to Ukrainian Officials to Enter US — Had Evidence of Obama Admin Misconduct to Give to Trump Officials
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... officials/
ETA just remembered this
Ukrainian to US prosecutors: Why don't you want our evidence on Democrats?
BY JOHN SOLOMON — 04/07/19 07:30 AM EDT

Ukrainian law enforcement officials believe they have evidence of wrongdoing by American Democrats and their allies in Kiev, ranging from 2016 election interference to obstructing criminal probes. But, they say, they’ve been thwarted in trying to get the Trump Justice Department to act.

Kostiantyn Kulyk, deputy head of the Prosecutor General’s International Legal Cooperation Department, told me he and other senior law enforcement officials tried unsuccessfully since last year to get visas from the U.S. Embassy in Kiev to deliver their evidence to Washington.

“We were supposed to share this information during a working trip to the United States,” Kulyk told me in a wide-ranging interview. “However, the [U.S.] ambassador blocked us from obtaining a visa. She didn’t explicitly deny our visa, but also didn’t give it to us.”
<snip>
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... -democrats

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Busy little beavers building a new wing for their alternate universe.

How are whole cloth futures doing?
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Lani

Post by Lani »

Kevin M. Kruse ✔
@KevinMKruse
“The break-in at the Democratic National Committee’s headquarters at the Watergate Hotel raises some troubling questions about just what it is that the Democrats are hiding there.”

18.5K 7:20 AM - Sep 21, 2019

Lots of snark in the replies.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Almost every time a controversy emerges that seemingly imperils Trump’s presidency, the same playbook unfolds. Amid angry calls for impeachment, Trump’s allies largely sidestep a debate over the event itself, cast blame elsewhere and start rationalizing the president’s behavior. Countless times already, it’s worked as an effective counterattack that gives Trump cover as he defends his norm-busting behavior.

“I think we’re seeing a steady arc of removing constraints and institutional norms that continue to erode so that it’s really anything goes as to what he’s willing to say and do to advance whatever grievance he has at the moment,” said Randall Samborn, a former federal prosecutor and spokesman on the George W. Bush-era special counsel investigation into who leaked the identity of CIA operative Valerie Plame.

“There just don’t seem to be any constraints upon him institutionally or legally or as a matter of political discretion to refrain from doing or saying almost anything,” he added
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... al-1506882

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting

Bloomberg
Ukraine Prosecutor Says No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Bidens

President Donald Trump and his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, keep repeating allegations that former Vice President Joe Biden did something dirty in Ukraine -- without any proof. Officials in that country haven’t helped clear up the confusion with sometimes conflicting statements over what they might be looking into.

Prosecutors in Ukraine, however, aren’t investigating Biden and have no evidence of wrongdoing.

No matter. Trump and Giuliani have been intent on pressing for an inquiry. They’ve talked about it publicly. And Trump talked about it with the Ukrainian president in a July phone call that’s now the subject of intense scrutiny. Trump pressed his Ukrainian counterpart to investigate Biden’s son Hunter, according to people with knowledge of the call.

Giuliani has at times, though not consistently, admitted pressing the Ukrainians to investigate Biden, the leading Democratic rival to Trump for the 2020 presidential election, and his son.

The matter is bubbling up again because of a whistle-blower in the U.S. intelligence community. The contents of the whistle-blower‘s complaint remain secret, but reports have surfaced linking it to Trump’s communications with a foreign leader. And Democratic lawmakers, who were already asking whether Trump’s team had improperly leaned on Ukraine for political gain, are now tussling with the administration to find out just what raised an alarm.

Lani

Post by Lani »

David Frum

@davidfrum
Can we please drop this nonsense about Trump asking Ukraine to "investigate" Biden? As Anders Aslund, a real expert, notes: there is no honest accusation against Biden. What Trump wanted was a fabrication, not an investigation

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

This is rather pathetic. Judge Jeanine and Rep. Mark Meadows. And Trump thought it was important enough to tweet.

She is all huffy (as usual) going off about Biden lying about talking to his son about the business in the Ukraine.
(paraphrasing.>)Biden said he didn't talk to his son about it BUT Hunter Biden says that his father said "I hope you know what you're doing" and he said "Yes, I do"

:roll: So there you have it. BIDEN LIED!!! :bored:

ETA: supposedly the Whistle Blower did NOT actually learn about this on the job. It is hearsay.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
2h

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
When the July 24 congressional testimony of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III deflated the impeachment hopes of Democrats, President Trump crowed “no collusion” and claimed vindication from accusations that he had conspired with Russia in the 2016 election.

Then, the very next day, Trump allegedly sought to collude with another foreign country in the coming election — pressing Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to dig up what he believed would be damaging information about one of his leading Democratic challengers, former vice president Joe Biden, according to people familiar with the conversation.

The push by Trump and his personal attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to influence the newly elected Ukrainian leader reveals a president convinced of his own invincibility — apparently willing and even eager to wield the vast powers of the United States to taint a political foe and confident that no one could hold him back

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Meadows isn't even on the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), so he is in no position to know anything at all about this matter, and it is only by virtue of Fox News' perennial journalistic irresponsibility that they would invite him on air to opine about it.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Rudy Giuliani accused me of exposing Paul Manafort’s Ukraine deals to help U.S. Democrats. That’s a lie.

Serhiy Leshchenko is a Ukrainian journalist and political activist.
On Aug. 19, 2016, I convened a news conference in Kiev at which I revealed previously secret records of payments made by the former pro-Russian president Viktor Yanukovych to Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. (Yanukovych fled the country in February 2014 after he was toppled by our Revolution of Dignity, a popular uprising on the streets of Kiev.) The information came from the “black ledger of the Party of Regions,” which was obtained by an anonymous source in the burned-out ruins of the headquarters of Yanukoych’s party. Yanukovych had used the ledger to keep records of his illegal transactions. At that time, although I was a member of parliament, I continued to combine that position with my journalistic work, which is allowed by the laws of Ukraine.
:snippity:
Corruption is harmful whether it takes place America or Ukraine. My desire to expose Manafort’s doings was motivated by the desire for justice. Neither Hillary Clinton, nor Joe Biden, nor John Podesta, nor George Soros asked me to publish the information from the black ledger. I wanted to obtain accountability for the lobbyist whose client immersed Ukraine in a blood bath during the Revolution of Dignity and the subsequent war in eastern Ukraine, when Yanukovych called on Russia to send troops.
:snippity:
Giuliani attempted to visit Ukraine in May 2019 with the express purpose of involving Zelensky in this process. His aim was quite clear: He was planning to ask Zelensky to intervene in an American election on the side of Trump.

Zelensky refused, forcing Giuliani to cancel his trip. Shortly after that, Giuliani went on Fox News, where he called me “[an enemy] of the president [and] of the United States.” This accusation had a devastating effect on my political career. I had been helping Zelenksy’s team since January — but now Giuliani’s smear cost me a job in the new administration. Not wanting to create problems for Zelensky, I withdrew from consideration.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -campaign/

:popcorn:
Am I being detained?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

No video yet, but Lindsey Graham was on Fox this morning (Marta Bartolomo). I'm still pre-coffee groggy, but I think he said he's calling for a full scale investigation of Ukraine and their interference in our elections and more. Just like all things Russia were investigated. Nobody mentions this is a different government in charge than was in 2016.

Then Nunes was on, mostly about the FISA crap and something about Misfud now being proven not to be a Russian asset. :roll:

From what I saw of those two above and what Pompeo and Mnuchin were spinning on other shows, is the talking point now how dare anyone know the read out of a private conversation between two or more world leaders? And is Trump spinning that too?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Given how he abuses the word "beautiful," he doesn't know what it means.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

On This Week, Mike Pompeo initially seems flustered by a question about the IC whistleblower complaint, but then says, "I do think if VP Biden behaved inappropriately...we need to get to the bottom of that"

Martha Raddatz interrupts to point out there's no evidence of wrongdoing

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

🚨 Mnuchin doesn't have a response when Chuck Todd asks him if he can explain "how all of the sudden when the [Ukraine] aid got released, more money showed up. Where did [it] come from?...They got an additional $140m they didn't expect"

"You're getting into details" Mnuchin says

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It could be me but already lame damage control seems lamer and lamer.

Return to “Impeachment”