Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

2022 Florida Senate race

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

2022 Florida Senate race

Post by Luke »

We love Val Demings. She was terrific in Impeachment #1. She's in Central Florida and elections are won in the I-4 corridor here in Florida. Little Marco has a lot of support in the Latino community in Miami Dade, but with a lot of time until the election Val can chip that away. Rubio has been a horrible Senator, people won't forget how he supported immigrant rights before he did a U-turn because of political pressure. And how he said he wouldn't run again but lied and ran anyway.

Val announced and we're excited. Guess there will be a primary, but everybody should get out of the way, she has the best chance.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: 2022 Florida Senate: Val Demings Vs. Little Marco Rubio

Post by raison de arizona »

What a turd. I can only hope this doesn’t age poorly, for the people of Florida’s sake.
Record numbers testing positive for a sore throat isn’t a crisis

And people in the hospital for car accidents testing positive isn’t a surge

The real crisis is the irrational hysteria which has people with no symptoms waiting hours for a test or missing work for 10 days
https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1 ... 59777?s=21
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He's never actually been in an overflowing emergency room waiting room, has he.
filly

Post by filly »

Marco (like many GOP members of Congress) is a living example of the Peter principle. While there are obviously stupid people (See, e.g. Tuberville, Tommy) Rubio is just as stupid but has a veneer of education.

I predict Rubio will refuse to debate Demings, will go full racist and accuse her of being a Communist and it will probably work.
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Especially those guys who engaged in legitimate political discourse, and a tourist trip, when they did the whiskey Rebellion. And probably Shays Rebellion, but I know nothing about that.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Marco Rubio has taken ~$3.3M from the NRA. Also, too, as a Senator, it is likely that he has staff that reads at a 5th grade level or above and can break the bill into pieces to summarize for him at a speed even greater than an hour, which given the thirty hour timeline seems like an adequate amount of time. Also, worth pointing out, a 5th grader could read the entire bill and still have time to review sections in the time that the Uvalde police stood outside the unlocked door the dying teachers and children were behind. Naomi Biden is Joe Biden's granddaughter.
Naomi Biden @NaomiBiden wrote: Ok—suspend reality and believe you would actually read a bill. The bill is 80 pages & ~13,000 words. The average 5th grader reads ~180 words per min. This means a 5th grader could read this bill in just over an hour. You had that for this vote & 30 hours until the actual vote.
Marco Rubio @marcorubio wrote: We are being asked to vote tonight to begin debate on a gun proposal whose legislative text was only made available less than an hour ago
Edit: It has been pointed out that Rubio is the product of the Florida public school system, and it may not be reasonable to assume that he can read at a fifth grade level. I dunno. I maintain that it is at least reasonable to assume that he has staff that can read at that level.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He says it’s to vote to begin debate, which shouldn’t require a deep analysis.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: 2022 Florida Senate race

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Edited thread title for consistency across the 2022 US Senate elections subforum
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Take this with a grain of salt
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Whoopsie daisy.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

.... and then we can produce the real vote-flipping machines :twisted:
raison de arizona

Political Polls @Politics_Polls wrote: Florida Senate:

Demings (D) 48% (+4)
Rubio (R-inc) 44%

University of North Florida, 1,624 RV, 8/8-12
https://scribd.com/document/587232872/U ... ust-Survey
tek

Post by tek »

I keep sending her money, which only seems to multiply the requests for EVEN MORE money

But at least I'll get to vote for her.
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:37 pm I keep sending her money, which only seems to multiply the requests for EVEN MORE money

But at least I'll get to vote for her.
Me too, except for the voting thing. She keeps sending pictures with her on her police motorcycle, which initially kinda turned me off. But now I just think of her swooping in on it and arresting Rubio and I feel much better!

FWIW, Tim Ryan is the worst. That dude is a pitbull once you donate to him.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We CAN'T WAIT to vote for Val.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I'm sorta glad I live in Australia and am disallowed from donating.

I was however REALLY disappointed that President Obama wouldn't/couldn't accept my money for one of his mugs with the birth certificate printed on it.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:53 pm We CAN'T WAIT to vote for Val.
Same. Absentee while serving overseas with the State Department, but same. :)
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:08 pm
Ben-Prime, I didn't know you are a fellow Floridian. I don't know whether to say "awesome, so great you are in the club of all of us Floridians" or "you too? I'm so sorry".

:lol: I am in the Central Florida area, northwest of Orlando, where is your official home?
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

RVInit wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:23 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:08 pm
Ben-Prime, I didn't know you are a fellow Floridian. I don't know whether to say "awesome, so great you are in the club of all of us Floridians" or "you too? I'm so sorry".

:lol: I am in the Central Florida area, northwest of Orlando, where is your official home?
I have since 1996 made official residence in a tiny little condo in Tamarac, near Fort Lauderdale. I now only get to spend 4 to 6 weeks every 2 to 3 years in that condo, but it's still home. Before that, a few years in Gainesville while doing grad work -- bought a house with my brother there, but we sold it after we both finished our mutual affiliations with UF -- and then before that, the 'Hollywood' of 'Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport' since the age of 10. Native New Yorker, but naturalized Floridian, like so many of us.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
Next time you're back home, let us know. Maybe we could do a mini meet-up? There's a few of us down here.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:40 am
Off Topic
Next time you're back home, let us know. Maybe we could do a mini meet-up? There's a few of us down here.
:yeahthat: :banana: :fiesta: :bar:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:39 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:40 am Next time you're back home, let us know. Maybe we could do a mini meet-up? There's a few of us down here.
:yeahthat: :banana: :fiesta: :bar:
It will be for a month in either June or July of next year, depending on the order of my Leave London-Home Leave in SoFla-Refresher Training in D.C.-Report to Next Post cycle -- Home Leave can be taken before or after a D.C. training cycle, so depending on when courses are scheduled, I will leave here in June, either take a month in SoFla then a month in D.C. or the other way around, and then report to next post in early-to-mid-August.

We can set a date once I know more. I am still trying to get Mike Dunford to join me for a drink at the pub here in the Embassy. :)

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 pm
Off Topic
I am still trying to get Mike Dunford to join me for a drink at the pub here in the Embassy. :)
According to his tweets, Mike has recently moved back to Hawaii and it sounds like he's now working for @AkivaMCohen.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 pm
Off Topic
I am still trying to get Mike Dunford to join me for a drink at the pub here in the Embassy. :)
According to his tweets, Mike has recently moved back to Hawaii and it sounds like he's now working for @AkivaMCohen.
Send me a plane ticket and I will happily join you in the Embassy pub for a drink. :lol: Although I drink socially, and sometimes like a beer or wine with dinner, I'm not one to use alcohol or any kind of drugs to help me relax. But lately I am darn sure considering it! :lol:
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “U.S. Senate”