Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mark McCloskey running for Senate

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Mark McCloskey running for Senate

Post by neonzx »

Mark McCloskey, lawyer who pointed gun at protesters in Central West End, announces Senate run

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/polit ... 959f5124cc
ST. LOUIS — The Central West End lawyer who rose to prominence after photos and videos showed him pointing a gun at protesters last summer joined the U.S. Senate race Tuesday.

McCloskey announced his candidacy in a since-deleted YouTube video posted to a newly published campaign website. In a tweet, he also teased an announcement with Fox News host Tucker Carlson tonight.

On June 28, 2020, Mark and Patricia McCloskey were seen in videos and photos pointing guns at protesters who were marching to the home of then-St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson's house to call for her resignation.

The McCloskeys were charged with unlawful use of a weapon/flourishing after they confronted protesters with a rifle and a gun.

Since then, they have received support from conservative politicians.

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson and former President Donald Trump decried the charges. Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt stepped in to help the McCloskeys. He announced he's trying to get the case dismissed.

"Enough is enough. As Missouri's chief law enforcement officer, I simply will not stand by while Missouri's law is being ignored," he said in a video statement.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Mark McCloskey running for Senate

Post by AndyinPA »

I don't know.

This: :brickwallsmall:

Or this: :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Business must be way down for Marky.

The Grift.jpg
The Grift.jpg (7.65 KiB) Viewed 4938 times
We're Heading for Mark McCloskey Versus Eric Greitens in the Senate Race
Posted By Doyle Murphy on Tue, May 18, 2021 at 7:07 pm

Update following announcement: Yep, it's happening.

Mark McCloskey, who landed a national political soapbox by pointing guns at protesters, is apparently running for Senate. The attorney tweeted that he would be making a "huge announcement" on Fox News host Tucker Carlson's show tonight. He's also launched a campaign website. Records show he registered the site in April, but it was updated today. It now features the mansion-dwelling lawyer wearing a snap-button shirt, open three buttons, and posing in front of a John Deere. He is described there as the captain of his high school wrestling team and student body president.

Until June 28, McCloskey and his wife Patricia were largely unknown outside of St. Louis. But when protesters walked past the home previously described as a "Midwestern palazzo" in a St. Louis Magazine interview, they were greeted by a fuming McCloskey in pastel yacht-wear cradling an AR-15 and shouting at them to "get the hell out of my neighborhood." A shoeless Patti McCloskey soon appeared on the lawn, panning a crowd that included children with a handgun. A later examination of her gun revealed it wasn't in working order at the time, but the same can't be said of Mark McCloskey's rifle.

He likened the confrontation to the "storming of the Bastille," and the couple has insisted they were forced to act in order to keep from being murdered and burned in their home with their dog.
More: https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblo ... enate-race

This will be interesting, DL2XIT & Co are supporting

Kimberly Guilfoyle Endorses Eric Greitens for Missouri Senate Seat

Not all Republicans are created equal. President Donald J. Trump exposed the reality that Republicans are not all conservatives, and even less are principled fighters.

Luckily for Trump Republicans in Missouri, Navy SEAL and former Governor Eric Greitens is both a true conservative and a dedicated fighter. Gov. Greitens stands ready to continue fighting for President Trump’s America First agenda in the U.S. Senate.

I was recently named the National Chair of Governor Eric Greitens’ campaign for the U.S. Senate. As a former senior advisor to President Donald J. Trump who led Trump Victory Finance Committee, it isn’t a role I took without careful consideration.

I see in Gov. Greitens similar attributes and circumstances that inspired me to be one of President Trump’s first and biggest advocates back in 2015 while I was a host for Fox News.
More: https://www.kmjnow.com/news/kimberly-gu ... nate-seat/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
gshevlin2

Post by gshevlin2 »

I was thinking that McCloskey Law might have suffered a business downturn in the last year. They have an expensive house to maintain, and maybe people don't want to admit that their lawyers are assholes.
bob

Post by bob »

gshevlin2 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:25 pm I was thinking that McCloskey Law might have suffered a business downturn in the last year. They have an expensive house to maintain, and maybe people don't want to admit that their lawyers are assholes.
The bigger the asshole, the better the attorney.

At least that's what the Tee Vee teaches. :smoking:
Image ImageImage
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

They're also charged with felonies. There's no rule requiring it, but I've seen judges disqualify lawyers charged with felonies from representing clients on the basis that the lawyer is too distracted by their own situation to competently and effectively represent clients.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

gshevlin2 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:25 pm I was thinking that McCloskey Law might have suffered a business downturn in the last year. They have an expensive house to maintain, and maybe people don't want to admit that their lawyers are assholes.
My understanding is they made their money by trying/settling plaintiff's cases in the very plaintiff friendly, generous and black St. Louis City and Madison County Illinois and as I understand it, they got a lot of their cases on referrals.

I don't think that's working out for them.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“US couple who pointed guns at BLM protesters plead guilty”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57521756

“A US couple who were filmed outside their mansion waving guns at social justice protesters last summer have pleaded guilty to misdemeanour charges.
Mark and Patricia McCloskey agreed to give up the guns used in the 28 June confrontation in St Louis, Missouri.”
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bob

Post by bob »

BBC wrote:Because the charges are misdemeanours, the personal injury lawyers can keep their law licenses and continue to own firearms.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Special prosecutor Richard Callahan said in a statement to local media on Thursday that he approved the plea because of the couple's age, lack of a criminal record and the fact that no-one was hurt and no shots were fired.

"The prosecutor dropped every charge except for alleging that I purposely placed other people in imminent risk of physical injury, right, and I sure as heck did," Mr McCloskey said after the court hearing.

"That's what the guns were there for and I'd do it again any time the mob approaches me."

:brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Great deterrence :thumbsup:

Wonder how the judge felt seeing that interview? I doubt they were so cocky in court.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tencats

Post by tencats »

Inside Gun-Surrendering Criminal Mark McCloskey's Very Sad St. Louis Rally
Posted By Daniel Hill on Mon, Jun 28, 2021 | https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblo ... ouis-rally
Noted local criminal Mark McCloskey played host to a barbecue/political rally on Sunday afternoon, drawing tens of admirers to the sweltering parking lot of a closed outlet mall in St. Louis County to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the time he pulled a gun on a crowd of people who otherwise would never have noticed or cared he existed.
:lol:
Despite the fact that none of the big names who had been billed to speak at the June 27 event showed up, and despite the fact that ticket sales were so dismal attendance was opened to the public for free at the last minute, St. Louis' most gun-surrendering lawyer plowed right ahead with the First Annual Pink Shirt Guy BBQ and RINO Roast in the St. Louis Mills parking lot.

They were at least kind enough to wear their signature outfits, which is good because no one would recognize or care about them otherwise.

:snippity:
At long last, after a gushing introduction in which Allman described Mark and Patricia as "everyone's favorite neighbors" (a characterization with which their actual neighbors whole-heartedly disagree), McCloskey took to the stage to bask in the adulation of the not even half-full seating area of his adoring fans. He insisted gravely that the crowd of people who were walking past his house that fateful day a year ago would have murdered him and his wife and their dog and then burned their house down had he not waddled his ass outside barefoot to threaten them with a rifle, which is pretty confusing seeing as how literally none of McCloskey's neighbors did the same and yet they all somehow came out unscathed. It also doesn't fit with the findings of special prosecutor Richard Callahan, who noted in a statement upon the McCloskeys' guilty plea that: "The protesters on the other hand were a racially mixed and peaceful group, including women and children, who simply made a wrong turn on their way to protest in front of the mayor’s house,” noting further that absolutely no evidence was ever found to show that any of the protesters were armed or intent on harming the couple.

Red more at https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblo ... ouis-rally
raison de arizona

tencats wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:41 am Inside Gun-Surrendering Criminal Mark McCloskey's Very Sad St. Louis Rally
Posted By Daniel Hill on Mon, Jun 28, 2021 | https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblo ... ouis-rally
Noted local criminal Mark McCloskey played host to a barbecue/political rally on Sunday afternoon, drawing tens of admirers to the sweltering parking lot of a closed outlet mall in St. Louis County to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the time he pulled a gun on a crowd of people who otherwise would never have noticed or cared he existed.
:lol:
:snippity:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

That's a birther-sized crowd except for Dr. kHate who had five if you include the 2 park police officers assigned to her event.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

They were at least kind enough to wear their signature outfits, which is good because no one would recognize or care about them otherwise.
Hard to tell it's then for sure. I can only identify her by the mustard stain and I see none in the photo.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I love that they call it her Hamburglar outfit.
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

as the original BLM w/McCloskey thread gone with the wind, this here
Governor pardons St. Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters
The couple pleaded guilty in June.

ByIvan Pereira
4 August 2021, 01:08

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson announced Tuesday that he had pardoned Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis couple who were charged with waving guns at a group of Black Lives Matter protesters outside their home last year.

Mark McCloskey was seen holding a semi-automatic rifle while his wife was holding a handgun on their property on June 28, 2020, as a group of protesters passed by their house, prosecutors said. The couple were filmed shouting "Get out" to the crowd, but there was no physical confrontation between them and the protesters.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/governor-pard ... d=79250990
raison de arizona

When Judge David Mason asked Mark McCloskey if he acknowledged that his actions put people at risk of personal injury, McCloskey replied, "I sure did, your honor."

Mark McCloskey, who announced in May he was running for U.S. Senate, told reporters outside the courthouse after the hearing that he'd do it again.
Well as long as he learned something.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

He learned a good deal about white privilege.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:13 pm He learned a good deal about white privilege.
Yup! The Governor of Missouri is also a deplorable:
Governor declines to pardon man prosecutors say is innocent
By Matt Hoffmann News-Press NOW JUN 12, 2021 0

Missouri Gov. Mike Parson has so far declined to pardon Kevin Strickland, a man prosecutors say is innocent of murder and has wrongly served 41 years in prison.

Strickland is being held at the Western Correctional Center in Cameron. In a highly unusual move, the Jackson County prosecuting attorney has publicly stated that Strickland is innocent.

Under current law, prosecutors cannot ask a court to release someone, though prosecutors have supported Strickland’s legal moves in court brought by the Midwest Innocence Project. Prosecutors, Strickland’s private lawyers and other elected officials believe he is innocent.

The Missouri Supreme Court recently declined to hear Strickland’s habeas corpus petition, a legal maneuver where prisoners can challenge their detention, though the petition was recently re-filed in the district court in Cameron.
https://www.newspressnow.com/news/local ... f81e3.html
filly

Post by filly »

Missouri couple who pointed guns at BLM protesters face possible law license suspension

The gun-toting couple in St. Louis, Mo., who gained national notoriety after they stood on their lawn and pointed weapons at people protesting against racial injustice, may have their licenses to practice law revoked.

The couple, who both practice law together at the McCloskey Law Center specializing in personal injury, pleaded guilty to firearm charges in June but were pardoned by Missouri Gov. Mike Parson (R) in July.

Missouri Chief Disciplinary Counsel Alan Pratzel, whose office is responsible for investigating ethical complaints against Missouri lawyers, this week asked the state Supreme Court to suspend their law licenses, according to a court filing first reported by Kansas City, Mo., radio station KCUR-FM.
Pratzel’s motion argued that the McCloskeys’ crimes had shown “indifference to public safety” and involved “moral turpitude” warranting discipline, as he recommended the state Supreme Court indefinitely suspend their licenses, according to the Associated Press. Pratzel also stated in the court filing that while a pardon erases a conviction, “the person’s guilt remains.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... uspension/
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:groupdance:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

From that pink shirt guy's event, Mark really keeps company with classy guys.
Initially, fellow criminal and proponent of armed coups Michael Flynn was scheduled to speak, but he was subbed out for North Carolina Congressman and notably dumb guy Madison Cawthorn, who also did not show up. But the show must go on, as they say, and so we were instead primarily treated to the emcee abilities of former radio host Jamie Allman, who lost his longtime job back in 2018 after taking to Twitter to pontificate about ramming a hot poker up a teenager's ass.
Allman.JPG
Allman.JPG (100.09 KiB) Viewed 2468 times

Meanwhile he's the Caitlyn Jenner of the GOP primary:
Sep 11 2021 Poll:
Eric Schmitt – 28 percent
Eric Greitens – 27 percent
Vicky Hartzler – 17 percent
Billy Long – 8 percent
Mark McCloskey – 5 percent
https://themissouritimes.com/schmitt-le ... test-poll/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

Eric Greitens :thor: says he defeated Antifa when he was governor.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh:

Return to “U.S. Senate”