Scott Pruitt

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Re: Scott Pruitt

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Lani wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:40 pm
:nope: Trump staff members are not allowed to buy from Amazon.
I don't agree with the Trump policy, BUT, I am not buying from Amazon until it quits buying ads on Breitbart. This is part of the Sleeping Giants and Grab Your Wallet campaigns.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:32 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:46 pm
Everytime I see the Scott Pruitt thread at the top of the page, I click thinking he's Shirley been fired or resigned. I am always disappointed.
Trump needs permission from the coal and chemical industries before he can fire Pruitt.

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:56 am

crmlu180608.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:53 am

Toyota offered Scott Pruitt a private test drive of a new Lexus model, emails show.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:59 am

This criticism is, in my view, ridiculous. It's typical for politicians, and even "administrators," to sample the wares. Now if Pruitt had asked to have one for free for a year, that would be an issue. This is not.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 am

Scott Pruitt has quietly announced the EPA will not consider the health risks and impacts of asbestos already in the environment when evaluating the dangers associated with it, according to Newsweek.

Trump has called asbestos "100% safe, once applied."

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Turtle wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:32 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:46 pm
Everytime I see the Scott Pruitt thread at the top of the page, I click thinking he's Shirley been fired or resigned. I am always disappointed.
Trump needs permission from the coal and chemical industries before he can fire Pruitt.
:yeah:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

arock

Post by arock » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 am

Margaret Talbot: Are Evangelical Leaders Saving Scott Pruitt’s Job?
How is it that the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, Scott Pruitt, a public servant who walks around clouded in ethics scandals like Pig-Pen in his swirl of dust, still holds his job?

:snippity: [list of ethics problems, discussion of support from industry]

But there may be another secret to Pruitt’s tenacious grip on the agency that he’s busy undermining. Like several other members of the constantly churning Trump Administration who’ve managed to hold fast—Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, and Vice-President Mike Pence—Pruitt is an evangelical Christian. This group attends a weekly Bible-study session for Cabinet members led by Ralph Drollinger, a seven-feet-one-inch former college-basketball player who is the founder and president of Capitol Ministries and the author of “Rebuilding America: The Biblical Blueprint.” Drollinger recently told an interviewer for the German newspaper Welt am Sonntag that he offered his White House flock “the high-protein diet of the Word of God.” Speaking about Drollinger’s Bible study, Pruitt told Christian Broadcast Network News, in March, that “to be encouraged, to pray, to basically—each of us are dealing with large issues—and so to spend time with a friend, a colleague, a person who has a faith focus on how we do our job, whether it's through prayer or through God's Word, and to encourage one another in that regard is so, so important, and we have that in our Cabinet and it’s such a wonderful thing.”

Eighty per cent of white evangelical Christians voted for Trump. This was to be expected, as that group has strong ties to the Republican Party and wanted a President who would appoint conservative, anti-abortion judges to the bench. It seemed at first like a hold-your-nose kind of bargain for values voters, who might be presumed to find a lewd and crude man like Trump problematic. Yet the surprise is that so many evangelical leaders have not only endorsed Trump but exalted him. “In my lifetime, he has supported the Christian faith more than any President that I know,” the evangelist Franklin Graham told the Times, in February. Jerry Falwell, Jr., predicted that Trump would be “the greatest President since Abraham Lincoln.” The charismatic pastor Dutch Sheets has described Trump’s election as a “miracle,” brought about through prayer. And, last week, news emerged that students at Liberty University, the Christian school founded by the Reverend Jerry Falwell, Sr., in Lynchburg, Virginia, will be making a feature film called “The Trump Prophecy,” to be shown in theatres nationwide this October. The film will tell the story of a retired firefighter from Florida who, in 2011, received a message from God that Trump was going to become President. Why wouldn’t Trump want to keep pleasing the evangelical constituency, and retaining the Cabinet members with connections to it?

And here’s another way that the Christian Right is helping to sustain both Trump and Pruitt. They can find justification for their climate-change skepticism and for the valorization of extractive industries in evangelical teachings that insist, against the overwhelming scientific consensus, that humans could not have created global warming. In an essay published on the Capitol Ministries Web site in April, Drollinger explains that accepting a human role in climate change and trying to do something about it poses a terrible moral danger: “To think that Man can alter the earth’s ecosystem—when God remains omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent in the current affairs of mankind—is to more than subtly espouse an ultra-hubristic, secular worldview relative to the supremacy and importance of man.”

Drollinger warns that environmentalism has pretensions to replace Christianity and must be halted in its tracks: “In our lifetime there has been a radical shift in aggregate, national religious belief. In essence and unfortunately, America has been in the process of changing horses: from the religion of Christianity to one of Radical Environmentalism. We are in the process of exchanging the worship of the Creator for the worship of His creation. This is a huge and dire error, with extreme consequences, and it presages disaster.” And, when it comes to exploiting natural resources, Drollinger writes, “God is pleased when organic and inorganic substances, the lesser of creation, are utilized to benefit those uniquely created in His image.”

:snippity:
There's a bit more, sadly, at the link: https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-co ... ruitts-job

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:06 am

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 am

Pruitt reminds me of those ultra rich people who steal a $4 eye shadow from a department store. I bet when he's finished eating at a restaurant he looks around to see if anyone is watching while he stuffs the sugar packets in his coat pocket.
Edit: OK, I just finished listening to the video above. Probably should have listened to that first. :bag:
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:59 am

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 am
Pruitt reminds me of those ultra rich people who steal a $4 eye shadow from a department store. I bet when he's finished eating at a restaurant he looks around to see if anyone is watching while he stuffs the sugar packets in his coat pocket.
Edit: OK, I just finished listening to the video above. Probably should have listened to that first. :bag:
I wonder how much silverware went missing at the WH restaurant, they may not have had enough replacements when he was lunching evey day :liar: :lol:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:12 am

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:41 am
Or a country boy who's discovered the big city and gets excited over the little things, like comfy hotel mattresses.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:17 am

Kendra wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:09 am
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... nch-603350
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt loves eating at the White House mess, an exclusive U.S. Navy-run restaurant open only to White House officials, Cabinet members and other dignitaries.

But apparently he liked it too much, and the White House asked him to please eat elsewhere sometimes.
He's like a guy I once knew who went on a caribbean cruise with some family and friends. However he refused to eat out at any local restaurants at any of the stops because the food was free back on the ship. The rest of the people finally started ditching him.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:19 am

Kendra wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:01 am

Scott Pruitt has quietly announced the EPA will not consider the health risks and impacts of asbestos already in the environment when evaluating the dangers associated with it, according to Newsweek.

Asbestos is well regulated on the state level, and insurance companies are not going to cover the use of it, so it is unlikely that this will change anything in the long run.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 pm

It adds to the titanic mountain of shit that this monster and the Republican party are loading on top of the county's psyche.

The message remains the same: I'll make you pay for daring to be born.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:08 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 pm
It adds to the titanic mountain of shit that this monster and the Republican party are loading on top of the county's psyche.

:yeah: We must never up the resistance. We may need to coordinate periodic breaks so we can each get some rest, though. It sure is tiring.
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:48 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 41a7dfb35c
Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt last year had a top aide help contact Republican donors who might offer his wife a job, eventually securing her a position at a conservative political group that has backed him for years, according to multiple individuals familiar with the matter.

The job hunt included Pruitt’s approaching wealthy party supporters and conservative figures with ties to the Trump administration. The individuals said he enlisted Samantha Dravis, then serving as associate administrator for the EPA’s Office of Policy, to line up work for his wife.

And when one donor, Doug Deason, said he could not hire Marlyn Pruitt because of a conflict of interest, Pruitt continued to solicit his help in trying to find other possibilities.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 am

RVInit wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:08 pm
p0rtia wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:49 pm

:yeah: We must never up the resistance. We may need to coordinate periodic breaks so we can each get some rest, though. It sure is tiring.
:like:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:27 am

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/u ... FxcQD3aie3
WASHINGTON — Senior staff members at the Environmental Protection Agency frequently felt pressured by Scott Pruitt, the administrator, to help in personal matters and obtain special favors for his family, according to interviews with four current and former E.P.A. officials who served as top political aides to Mr. Pruitt.

The officials said that Mr. Pruitt, who “had a clear sense of entitlement,” in the words of one of them, indicated that he expected staff members’ assistance with matters outside the purview of government.

The aides said the administrator — who is the subject of multiple investigations over ethics and other issues, but has been defended by President Trump as a champion of environmental deregulation — had also made it clear that he had no hesitation in leveraging his stature as a cabinet member to solicit favors himself.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:42 am

In keeping w/ @POTUS’s promise, we have stopped the 2015 #WOTUS rule & I just announced to folks in Lincoln that a much more reasonable #WOTUS rule will be sent to OMB tomorrow. Time to provide farmers & ranchers nationwide w/ regulatory certainty!

Happy birthday, Mr. President!

Till Eulenspiegel

Post by Till Eulenspiegel » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 am

Kendra wrote:

Well, this is nearly true. Just do not disturb.
„Er aber, sag’s ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!“ - J.W. Goethe - Götz von Berlichingen

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:59 am

Gulserene Dastur
‏@gsdastur
Replying to @EPAScottPruitt @POTUS
Oh dear. I’m having a hard time keeping them all apart... is this the one whose wife brags about her handbag on instagram on junkets, or the one who got a sweetheart deal from a lobbyist, or the one who furnishes his dining room at the price of a down payment of a small hous?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Carl von Ossietsky wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 am
Kendra wrote:

Well, this is nearly true. Just do not disturb.
I understand that asbestos once applied need a protective covering (paint) to prevent the surface from releasing asbestos particles by abrasion. Any major work done in an asbesto area ought to be done in a way that does not damage the asbesto application or else under a vacuum hood with air filtering. Any worker will just run nails and screws thru the stuff if the owners and architects have lost track of the building plans don't put out warnings. Not to think of taking down a structure without previous removal of asbesto under controlled conditions.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:17 pm

EPA Moves To Replace Obama-Era Rule Protecting Drinking Water For 117 Million
Scott Pruitt revoked the Clean Water Rule, which clarified what bodies of water could be federally protected, last year.

By Alexander C. Kaufman

The Environmental Protection Agency on Friday inched closer to proposing a regulation to replace an Obama-era rule that clarified which bodies of water qualified for federal protection.

The proposal comes more than a year after EPA administrator Scott Pruitt signed an executive action to revoke the 2015 Clean Water Rule, also known as the Waters of the United States, or WOTUS, rule. The regulation clarified which wetlands and streams could be protected under the Clean Water Act and expanded federal authority to all “navigable” waters. That extended the federal safeguards to 2 million miles of streams and 20 million acres of wetlands, securing the drinking water of more than 117 million Americans.

But a federal judge stayed the Clean Water Rule in 2015; the rule has since bounced around the courts. In January, the Supreme Court volleyed the case back to the district court level. In the meantime, Pruitt began the process of repealing the rule outright.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sc ... b7a0e44148

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 pm

in above article too:
But conservatives began to turn on Pruitt this week. On Wednesday, a dark-money conservative group in Iowa rolled out a new TV ad calling Pruitt a “swamp monster” who is “embarrassing the president.” Later that day, conservative pundit and Trump booster Laura Ingraham said in a tweet that Pruitt had “gotta go.” Even Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), who counts Pruitt as a friend and protégé, said on Ingraham’s radio program that it may be time for Pruitt to step aside.

Return to “The Trump Cabinet”