Ben Carson

RVInit

Re: Ben Carson

Post by RVInit »

Fortinbras wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:55 am
Ben Carson, a physician with no political or administrative background, who somehow was (briefly) a 'viable' candidate for President during the 2016 campaign, got this job as a political payoff. Arguably his medical background might have made him a likelihood for Surgeon General, or Center for Disease Control, or some section of HHS, but it looks like he was given HUD to both humiliate him and to hobble the mission of HUD.

I suspect that the bloated furniture budget was not entirely his own idea but that it was at least encouraged by flunkies who did not have his best interests at heart.

It is as if Trump, desiring to eliminate various government departments, such as EPA, Energy, HUD, and Education, has come up with a strategy - instead of directly proposing their termination or defunding, simply put them in the hands of hostile or incompetent appointees.
The only other person I know of who was considered for HUD is also a black man. Trump associates welfare and other programs to help the poor to be primarily black issues because he seems to believe that all black people are poor and all poor people are black. Where else does a president who is out to prove he is not racist actually put a black person in his administration? In charge of HUD and in charge of some kind of outreach program to prove to persons of color that he is all about diversity.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Skip Intro wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:26 pm
Does his DC office have a picture of him and Jesus hanging out together like his house does?
:rotflmao: :thumbs:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 pm
I'm not so sure Carson didn't have more to do with the choice of furniture. I've seen photos of the interior of his house.
From what I picked from various news snippets he left decoration to his wife, and neither had any knowledge of how government budgets work.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:07 pm
Skip Intro wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:26 pm
Does his DC office have a picture of him and Jesus hanging out in the wind to dry together like his house does?
:rotflmao: :thumbs:
FIFY

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:24 pm
AndyinPA wrote:
I'm not so sure Carson didn't have more to do with the choice of furniture. I've seen photos of the interior of his house.
From what I picked from various news snippets he left decoration to his wife, and neither had any knowledge of, nor chose to learn, how government budgets work.
FIFY.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro »

Trump does't pick people to learn how government works, he chooses them to destroy it for him.
In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:59 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
AndyinPA wrote:
From what I picked from various news snippets he left decoration to his wife, and neither had any knowledge of, nor chose to learn, how government budgets work.
FIFY.
I am tempted to FIFM (Me) by removing the term "budget" from my statement above too, also.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:04 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:59 pm
RTH10260 wrote:

FIFY.
I am tempted to FIFM (Me) by removing the term "budget" from my statement above too, also.
:thumbs:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

June bug

Post by June bug »

Skip Intro wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:09 pm
Trump doesn't pick people to learn how government works, he chooses them to destroy it for him.
This.^^ It's been his plan from the get-go.

Lani

Post by Lani »

I do not like this Carson person.
Ben Carson Removes Anti-Discrimination Language From HUD Mission Statement
It will no longer reference “inclusive” communities “free from discrimination.”
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a9f ... df2c5ec617

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

You mean he lied about the dining set?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/politics ... index.html

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

HUD chief Carson leaves Dem lawmaker exasperated with answer on LGBT protections

Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson left Rep. Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) frustrated on Wednesday after the two went back and forth over whether Carson should replace an LGBT nondiscrimination guidance that was taken down after he took over the department.

Quigley questioned Carson about his agency's removal of guidelines outlining nondiscrimination protections for LGBT people during a House Appropriations Committee hearing, saying removing the guidelines hurts the LGBT community.
<snip their exchange>

"We are all now more stupid than we were when we came in the room today sir, thank you," Quigley quipped, later tweeting the exchange:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... r-on-lgbtq

Mike Quigley ✔
@RepMikeQuigley
Watch my full exchange with @SecretaryCarson here ⤵️

8:09 AM - Apr 3, 2019
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Carson is a moron.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

What did they expect? Carson is probably still sitting there trying to figure out what L-G-B-T spells.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Chilidog wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:10 pm
Carson is a moron.
I didn't think it was ever in question.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:45 pm
What did they expect? Carson is probably still sitting there trying to figure out what L-G-B-T spells.
:rotflmao:
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Ben Carson Wants To Evict Families With Undocumented Immigrants From Public Housing
Carson says the new rule will reduce long waitlists for public housing for citizens. Housing advocates say all it will do is split up families with mixed immigration status.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ni ... ousing-hud
The Trump administration is pushing a new policy to prevent undocumented family members of US citizens and documented immigrants from living with them in public housing.

“Thanks to @realDonaldTrump's leadership, we are putting America's most vulnerable first. Our nation faces affordable housing challenges and hundreds of thousands of citizens are waiting for many years on waitlists to get housing assistance,” Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson wrote in a tweet on Thursday, announcing the administration’s proposed rule.

The Trump administration’s proposal seeks to evict undocumented family members from public housing, rather than continuing the practice of adjusting their families’ benefits to exclude them. The rule was sent to Congress for a 15-day review period on Wednesday, and will then be available for public comment before it can move ahead.

The proposed rule is part of a much broader Trump administration crackdown on immigration, including at HUD. As BuzzFeed News reported in December, the department has been quietly denying federal housing loans to DACA recipients. Two weeks ago, Carson testified at a Congressional hearing that he didn’t know why DACA recipients were being turned away for federally-backed mortgages.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Oreos?

:brickwallsmall:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

the company that makes them tweeted out

REO stands for “Really Excellent OREO (cookie)." Everyone knows that.

— OREO Cookie (@Oreo) May 21, 2019

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rupar Retweeted CSPAN

.@SecretaryCarson's level of condescension in this clip (starting around the 2:30 mark) is beyond belief. These people really think Congress has no business conducting oversight of what they're doing at all.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

O.. M.. G...

He might be a brilliant brain surgeon, but .. NO.

I understand the general public not knowing what a REO is or defined as a 'bank REO' is. When a bank takes back a property through foreclosure, they get perks (thanks to politicians), such as 'safe harbor' which allows them to stiff other lien holders at pennies on the dollar -- which, in turn, escalates/amplifies the financial damage of the loan default into the community. Carson has no clue and he sounds half-baked. :smoking:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Kamala Harris questioning this guy would cause him to have a meltdown.

MojoSapien

Post by MojoSapien »

Carson is on the Speedwagon.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

what a fucking asshole

I would love to take a sponge (that he left in a patient) and shove it in his mouth

condescending misogynist asshat

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MojoSapien wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 pm
Carson is on the Speedwagon.
Possibly. But, ya know, I don't want the teenager neon in charge at the upper levels of our government. I can take it on the run, maybe, but I just can't fight this feeling anymore that we might be doing it wrong. :geezertowel:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “The Trump Cabinet”