Will Kavanaugh Make It Until The Hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

Will Kavanaugh Make It Until Monday's Hearing?

Yes
69%
No, His decision
7%
No, Public pressure
13%
No, Congress torpedos
10%

Total votes: 68

Lani

Re: Will Kavanaugh Make It Until The Hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

Post by Lani »

Avennati made his Twitter account private, blaming trump trolls. Odds of his alleged victim coming forward from shrunk considerably.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Lani wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:43 pm
Avennati made his Twitter account private, blaming trump trolls. Odds of his alleged victim coming forward from shrunk considerably.
Because Twitter? :confused:
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Whip

Post by Whip »

he's done that before...........until he needs attention again.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Excellent. Tx.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Probably wishful thinking but assuming he gets confirmed, I read there is a fourth victim's claim being investigated in Maryland. Depending on how that goes, if she ends up filing charges, what does that do to a sitting justice? Have we ever had that scenario before?
ImageImageImage x4

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:12 pm
Probably wishful thinking but assuming he gets confirmed, I read there is a fourth victim's claim being investigated in Maryland. Depending on how that goes, if she ends up filing charges, what does that do to a sitting justice? Have we ever had that scenario before?
There is no immunity, if that is what you are asking.

Theoretically, he could end up doing a "full Cosby" and end up tried, convicted and in state prison.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Michael's account isn't private, it's just that you have to follow him to see his tweets. I think Michael rocks, I'm sick of Democrats getting shafted and outrun by the massive, massive right wing media machine. Like him or not, Avenatti has been successful thee times this year. As mentioned in another topic, I believe this is how things are now because of Donald; America is now a reality TV show, at least while he's in office. If we don't respond the same way, I think we'll be wiped out. People are angry and frustrated and scared, if Michael can help bring some justice and shake the tree I'm 100% behind him.
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:50 pm
Michael's account isn't private, it's just that you have to follow him to see his tweets. I think Michael rocks, I'm sick of Democrats getting shafted and outrun by the massive, massive right wing media machine. Like him or not, Avenatti has been successful thee times this year. As mentioned in another topic, I believe this is how things are now because of Donald; America is now a reality TV show, at least while he's in office. If we don't respond the same way, I think we'll be wiped out. People are angry and frustrated and scared, if Michael can help bring some justice and shake the tree I'm 100% behind him.
Someone said to me yesterday "When you turn the other cheek, you get hit in the other side of the face."

I have heard the sentiments you expressed above from many people.

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

Lani wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 am
The pattern has emerged. The predators get a girl drunk or find one who is. Then blame her for being drunk, being confused, lying to cover up her consent and/or initiation of the acts, etc. It's worked for eons, and creepy old white men like Hatch, McConnell and Trump are running with that time-tested defense.

Dr. Ford is enticed into a room, the door is locked, and a hand is over her mouth to stop her cries.

Ramirez is invited to a drinking game party in which the partiers pick who will have the next drink. But the participants keep picking her. She's so drunk, she lies down. Then there's a penis in her face, and she's told to kiss it.

Unnamed 3rd person may be related to the incident Judge confessed to his ex. Drunk girl at party, isolated in a room, multiple rapes.

I'm in the doomseer group, so I'm afraid that Kavanaugh will join the SCOTUS. Unless more women come forward NOW and their friends, former classmates and partners rise up to support them.
Exactly what happened to me, Lani. Drunk, unable to understand what was happening. It's been 46 years and I have never talked about it. #MeToo.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Suzie, I am so sorry to read that.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Suzie: :bighug: <3
ImageImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suzie- :brokenheart: :bighug:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Lani

Post by Lani »

SuzieC wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Lani wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:00 am
The pattern has emerged.
:snippity:
Exactly what happened to me, Lani. Drunk, unable to understand what was happening. It's been 46 years and I have never talked about it. #MeToo.
I'm so sorry, Suzie. So many women are speaking out now for the first time. The numbers, the pain, are
overwhelming. This week is difficult for so many of us. I honestly don't know how I will cope if/when that horrible man is elevated to a position that gives him even more power to cause even more harm to women. I'm working my emotional survival plan. :bighug:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

#IBelieveTheWomen and that includes you 1,000%, SuzieC. :bighug: :bighug:
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

SuzieC, #MeToo, also. :bighug: It was more than 40 years for me, before I told anyone. And I cannot bring myself to give any details.

My best friend at the time STILL does not know this happened to me. I found myself getting really angry when I saw on Twitter someone comment about one of the women's BFF doesn't know about it, so it didn't happen. Well, my best friend doesn't know either. I never said a word about it. To anyone. Until more than 40 years later. And not to the friend who was my best friend from elementary through high school and long after. She still doesn't know anything about it.

I'm so sorry for all the others that have gone through this. Those who have talked about it and those who still can't tell anyone.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Hugs, much love and empathy to you all. It took me 15 years to tell anyone and I only told my therapist. The shame involved is a killer. Sighs....

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC »

The allegations in the Kavanaugh case are triggering, big-time. I've been to parties like that and I knew boys like that. I haven't thought about my case in years and now it is playing non stop in my mind. The whole Trump administration is a daily assault on my mental health and this is worse. I vacillate between wanting to move to a remote island and wanting to run into the streets screaming with rage. I know I am not alone.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Hugs to everyone. I had no idea we were so numerous until this all started.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
SuzieC wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:24 pm
The allegations in the Kavanaugh case are triggering, big-time. I've been to parties like that and I knew boys like that. I haven't thought about my case in years and now it is playing non stop in my mind. The whole Trump administration is a daily assault on my mental health and this is worse. I vacillate between wanting to move to a remote island and wanting to run into the streets screaming with rage. I know I am not alone.
I am not ready to talk about mine. I always blamed myself because drinking and flirting too much.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:bighug: kendra. tulip sends her love and hugs, too
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RVInit wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 pm
:bighug: kendra. tulip sends her love and hugs, too
:bighug:

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby »

:bighug: :bighug: to Kendra, Suzie, Rvint, Fiona, and all the survivors.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

stoppingby wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:34 pm
:bighug: :bighug: to Kendra, Suzie, Rvint, Fiona, and all the survivors.
:bighug: My Siri cat wants to kick ass and take names.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lunch break during the testimony of Dr. Ford. Still time for Kavanaugh to wise up and withdraw his name.

Just kidding. He won't do it, because that would be admitting guilt and as you know, he's in the #neveradmit camp.

But if he is watching her testimony, he will be in a hell of a state when his turn comes. Hard to ignore her obviously truth-telling and focus on how the facts that she doesn't like to fly, and that the Dems are big poopieheads means she is LYING.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Brett Kavanaugh - Nomination for Supreme Court”