Will Kavanaugh Make It Until The Hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

Will Kavanaugh Make It Until Monday's Hearing?

Yes
69%
No, His decision
7%
No, Public pressure
13%
No, Congress torpedos
10%

Total votes: 68

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Re: Will Kavanaugh Make It Until The Hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

Post by Orlylicious »

We're playing for a 30 year Supreme Court appointment, if Brett gets wiped out and this turns into a SCOTUS election all the turnout models change.
Just as The New Yorker's story dropped, Michael Avenatti, a well-known Democratic lawyer, said he represents "a woman with credible information" about Kavanaugh and his high school friend Mark Judge, who Ford alleged was in the room with her and Kavanaugh at the time of the alleged assault. Avenatti posted on Twitter that he has "significant evidence" that Kavanaugh and Judge "would participate in the targeting of women with alcohol/drugs."

Avenatti told POLITICO he represents a group of individuals who can corroborate allegations involving Kavanaugh and his longtime friend in the 1980s. Avenatti said he’d describe just one of the individuals as a victim. “She will testify,” he said. “But before she does, she will likely appear on camera for an interview.”

He said the others were witnesses to the allegations. Avenatti would not elaborate on the number of clients but said he represents them alone.

“I represent multiple clients, they are witnesses. I’m representing multiple individuals that have knowledge of this, there’s no other attorneys involved,” Avenatti told POLITICO. Asked if the witnesses attended Georgetown Prep’s sister school, he said they went beyond that. “They went to schools in the same general areas. These house parties were widely attended.”

Avenatti said his new claims are "not out of character from what Dr. Ford said.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ugh-837678

Butch Graves is gonna be in a world of hurt tomorrow, he fu*ked with the wrong guy. If the poll was will Butch survive until the hearing I'd definitely vote NO.

The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra »

I tried to find the article but couldn't, but I distinctly remember, and I believe it was in the Washington Post, but I may be wrong, when the GOP was rushing to defend Kavanaugh the writer said basically "This could be a disaster for the GOP, if another accuser comes along, or Ronan Farrow publishes a story..."

ANNNNNNDDD there's the Ronan Farrow story. If this was a sitcom, this would be known as a "Gilligan Cut."

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GilliganCut

Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Twitter is going wild about Butch, it's nuts, this guy probably has no idea what he's done. Will he survive? He runs schools...

Hope he's getting a good night's sleep with lovely dreams of a 9-0 conservative SCOTUS. It's gonna be a fun day for him tomorrow. :P

douche.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The titular Mama June enjoys a Corn Dog on 4th of July! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

I am so confused. Who the heck is Butch Groves? What does he have to do with all this?
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Whatever4 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:18 am
I am so confused. Who the heck is Butch Groves? What does he have to do with all this?
He's a dumbass who said mean things at Avenatti on Twitter, so Avenatti is trying to ruin his life. Which is apparently totes funny and completely admirable.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Lani

Post by Lani »

The gleeful doxxing of Groves is disgusting.

However, Groves's use of his employer's twitter account to send the slimy tweet was stupid, and he may be in serious trouble for that Monday morning. And rightfully so.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:09 pm
My mother and grandmother were both alcoholics, and I inherited the gene. I was a drinker all my adult life, until I (mostly) quit last July. Since then I have drunk alcohol just twice.
That "last July" looks like I meant July 2018, now that I read it again.

Whereas the truth is, I quit drinking July 15, 2017, and have only drank twice in more than a year.

But I still say, I was in my 30s the last time I was incoherently drunk. When I drink, I'm more likely to be surprisingly articulate instead. I was a jolly drunk, not a mean or morose type. :blink:

Edit: ... and there is no amount of alcohol in the world that would make me pull down my pants and wave my penis in a woman's face at a gathering of people. Even in '73 when I spent the entire summer living in a tent at a nude beach on the Russian River with my two dogs, I never behaved like that. :nope:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I don't know how I'll get any work done at work this week as all this plays out.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

:rotflmao: the diary!
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Lani wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:08 am

He doxxed himself in a public tweet. What did Avenatti actually say that crossed a line? It doesn't look like he made that meme.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Foggy wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:58 am
Lani wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:08 am

He doxxed himself in a public tweet. What did Avenatti actually say that crossed a line? It doesn't look like he made that meme.
1: It wasn't a public Tweet. It was a PM that Groves sent to Avenatti via Twitter.
2: Avenatti has since broadcast the PM to the world, with Groves (publicly available) employer information included.

Like I said, it was a dumbass move by Groves. But this is Avenatti going out of his way to hurt someone for, as far as I can see, no better reason than because he can. It's a despicable move.
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Ahh. Thanks, Mikedunford. I didn't see that it was a PM, not a public tweet. Yeah, that's not kosher to make it public. :fingerwag:

Last point - not to be critical, but the question in the title of this thread is worded a little differently than the question in the poll. I voted no, he won't make it until the hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford (the question in the title), due to public pressure. I didn't read the question in the poll, on account of how I was deciding whether he'd last until she testified. She was originally scheduled to testify today, but that ain't happening. I'm not sure she's going to testify Thursday. This thing is metastasizing faster than ... a mushroom. :mrgreen:

But I think he's brunt toast, and won't make it to a vote of the full Senate.

Because of public pressure. :blink:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Foggy wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:18 am
Ahh. Thanks, Mikedunford. I didn't see that it was a PM, not a public tweet. Yeah, that's not kosher to make it public. :fingerwag:

Last point - not to be critical, but the question in the title of this thread is worded a little differently than the question in the poll. I voted no, he won't make it until the hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford (the question in the title). I didn't read the question in the poll, on account of how I was deciding whether he'd last until she testified. She was originally scheduled to testify today, but that ain't happening. I'm not sure she's going to testify Thursday. This thing is metastasizing faster than ... a mushroom. :mrgreen:

But I think he's brunt toast, and won't make it to a vote of the full Senate.

Because of public pressure. :blink:
Honestly, I don't know how much better it would have been if it had been a public tweet. Because even then Avenatti would be pulling the thing from the relative obscurity of the comments and turning it into a public broadcast to all of his followers.

I mean, it's definitely not as bad to sic your hundreds of thousands of followers on someone because they were mean to you in public as it is to sic them on someone because they were mean to you in private. But it's still an asshole thing to do.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Not a twitter user but I have a question on the etiquette of PMs. If they are sent unsolicited by someone you don't know, is it still expected that they be kept private? I can understand the protocol of not blasting them out if they came from someone you know, but strangers?

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm not up on the Twitter protocols either, but wouldn't anyone with half a brain in their head use a private Twitter account to send this kind of message?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Kendra wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:45 am
I'm not up on the Twitter protocols either, but wouldn't anyone with half a brain in their head use a private Twitter account to send this kind of message?
Maybe ALL the republicans are drunk tonight? It's the only thing that makes sense.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra wrote:
Assume anything you write publicly or privately through any account online could be broadcast. I would say anyone with half a brain wouldn't have sent it at all.

Maybe we'll find out the proverbial intern did it.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:50 am
Kendra wrote:
Assume anything you write publicly or privately through any account online could be broadcast. I would say anyone with half a brain wouldn't have sent it at all.

Maybe we'll find out the proverbial intern did it.
Or someone hacked his account :sarcasm:

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

I don't think there is any strong expectation of privacy attached to any unsolicited message. And, again, the guy who sent it was a complete dumbass.

But I can't read Avenatti's decision to broadcast the thing - especially with the employer information highlighted - as anything other than an attempt to ruin the guy's life. And that strikes me as, to say the least, grossly disproportionate. The PM wasn't threatening and doesn't express hostility towards anyone but Avenatti. What point is made by broadcasting the thing?

It's the kind of petty, power-mad bullshit that you expect from Trump.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:35 am
Not a twitter user but I have a question on the etiquette of PMs. If they are sent unsolicited by someone you don't know, is it still expected that they be kept private? I can understand the protocol of not blasting them out if they came from someone you know, but strangers?
I can't speak to the etiquette question, but I've seen a lot of people publish threatening DMs they'd received when the threats involve violence or racist rants against the recipient. I've never checked to see if it breaks twitter rules, but if it does, we'll probably know soon.
ImageImageImage x4

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Mikedunford wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 am
I don't think there is any strong expectation of privacy attached to any unsolicited message. And, again, the guy who sent it was a complete dumbass.

But I can't read Avenatti's decision to broadcast the thing - especially with the employer information highlighted - as anything other than an attempt to ruin the guy's life. And that strikes me as, to say the least, grossly disproportionate. The PM wasn't threatening and doesn't express hostility towards anyone but Avenatti. What point is made by broadcasting the thing?

I don't disagree with you. I'm saying only that one should behave expecting such a thing, right or wrong.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:09 am
Mikedunford wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:59 am

I don't disagree with you. I'm saying only that one should behave expecting such a thing, right or wrong.
That's one of the reasons I've been referring to the doxxed guy as a dumbass. And that's a charitable assessment. Catastrophic dumbass only begins to scratch the surface of the guy's dumbassery.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

With the amount of hate mail Avenati gets, why did he single out Butch? Maybe because Butch is responsible for the safety of children in his care but presents as OK with girls being sexually assaulted?

Butch has deleted his account.
Image Image Image Image Image

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:35 am
The unspoken rules of polite company say you don't repeat private messages. That's assuming the original message was polite. If it isn't, all is fair in love and war.

Chilidog

Re: Will Kavanaugh Make It Until Monday's Hearing with Christine Blasey Ford?

Post by Chilidog »

TollandRCR wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:11 am
Clairez is right. The only thing that will keep Kavanaugh off SCOTUS is if Trump believes he will be a political liability to Trump personally.
Or if he becomes a political liability to GOP Senators up for reelection in November.

Return to “Brett Kavanaugh - Nomination for Supreme Court”