Will Kavanaugh Make It Until The Hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

Will Kavanaugh Make It Until Monday's Hearing?

Yes
69%
No, His decision
7%
No, Public pressure
13%
No, Congress torpedos
10%

Total votes: 68

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Will Kavanaugh Make It Until The Hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford?

Post by Orlylicious »

It's fun seeing Fogbowzers opinions so here's another... Will Kavanaugh Make It Until Monday's Hearing with Christine Blasey Ford? It's a really, really long time. 8-) :P

It's incredible that Chuck Grassley and Orrin Hatch were siding with Clarence Thomas all those years ago. Here's their chance to go out with dignity, will they take it?
Grassley calls hearing on Kavanaugh accusation

WASHINGTON — Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the professor who accused him of a 1982 sexual assault while they were in high school will be called to testify Monday in the Senate, complicating what appeared to be a sure-thing confirmation process for the judge.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said the committee would hold a public hearing with Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, Monday morning.

“As I said earlier, anyone who comes forward as Dr. Ford has done deserves to be heard. My staff has reached out to Dr. Ford to hear her account, and they held a follow-up call with Judge Kavanaugh this afternoon,” Grassley said in a statement. Monday’s hearing will “give these recent allegations a full airing,” he added. The move would delay a planned vote Thursday in the committee to advance Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the floor.

Grassley’s statement Monday also marked a departure from comments he made last week to Iowa reporters when the name of the accuser had not yet become public: “The word ‘anonymous’ tells you a lot as far as I’m concerned because if people aren’t willing to put your name on an accusation it says something,” he said then.
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news ... n-20180917
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Miss Meh

Re: Will Kavanaugh Make It Until Monday's Hearing with Christine Blasey Ford?

Post by Miss Meh »

I vote yes, unless something else comes out in the meantime. Read a story earlier today & can't remember where that speculated that it sounded like Kavanaugh & his buddy had their rape routine down so well that they could even do it while shitfaced drunk, so that might mean they'd done it before.

We shall see.

Clairez

Post by Clairez »

He'll make it. These people have no shame.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Clairez is right. The only thing that will keep Kavanaugh off SCOTUS is if Trump believes he will be a political liability to Trump personally.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He won't make it, there's another victim out there, I'd bet on it.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Wow, hadn't realized the families were acquainted, this is getting more and more complicated.

Power elite of suburban Washington split over Kavanaugh allegations
Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee and accuser Christine Blasey Ford both come from well-known families in the D.C. suburbs.
By BEN SCHRECKINGER and DANIEL LIPPMAN
09/17/2018 08:44 PM EDT

Christine Blasey Ford threw a Supreme Court confirmation into turmoil with her decision to step forward with sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh – but she also broke the delicate social code of the affluent Maryland suburbs where they both grew up.

Their families have traveled for decades in the same prep school and country club circles, populated by Washington power players – including plenty of lawyers, lobbyists, and government officials whose shared goal is to avoid public embarrassment.
“What’s tragic is you have two well liked-families in this area,” said a friend of Kavanaugh’s from the community.

Ford attended the elite Holton-Arms School at the time she alleges that Kavanaugh, who attended the equally elite Georgetown Preparatory School, attacked her. While Ford now lives in California, where she’s a research psychologist, Kavanaugh has remained in the Washington area, establishing himself as a prominent Republican lawyer and judge. His wife, Ashley, is the Chevy Chase town manager.

Ford’s father, Ralph Blasey, was president of the all-male Burning Tree Golf Club in Bethesda where Kavanaugh’s father, Ed – the former president of the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association, a trade group – has also been an active member, according to a member of the club. Burning Tree declined to discuss its membership.

The families crossed paths in other ways: Kavanaugh’s mother, a former circuit judge in Montgomery County, Md., heard a foreclosure case in 1996 involving the Blaseys’ home, dismissing the case and barring the lender from revisiting the issue – allowing the couple to stay put.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ons-826318
What you've heard about Mighty Spork is true. Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Orlylicious wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:29 am
The families crossed paths in other ways: Kavanaugh’s mother, a former circuit judge in Montgomery County, Md., heard a foreclosure case in 1996 involving the Blaseys’ home, dismissing the case and barring the lender from revisiting the issue – allowing the couple to stay put.
Heh. Shows how 'honest' the Gateway Pundit is given they have been describing this as 'bad blood'... because a judge ruling in your favor is such a horrible slight.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

neeneko wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Heh. Shows how 'honest' the Gateway Pundit is given they have been describing this as 'bad blood'... because a judge ruling in your favor is such a horrible slight.
Or Kavanaugh's mom might have tossed the foreclosure because she knew her son had assaulted their daughter.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Burning Tree Golf Club is apparently still an all male club.

Many years ago, a woman piloting a small plane was forced to land on the 18th fairway, they raced out with a golf cart to prevent her from walking on the course. Women taxi drivers are not allowed. Supreme Court justices were given honorary memberships ... until Sandra Day O'Conner, an avid golfer.

It's a lovely place for male chauvinist piggies, and a perfect accent for this story. :daydream:
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Should have read this thread before posting in the other one.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I'm uncertain, but not my lovely wife. She's a definite no, he ain't gonna be around Monday. She told me to read what Russ Feingold wrote, but I'm a rebel. I haven't read it yet.
For more information, read it again.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

realist

Post by realist »

If he’s not around it will be due to his withdrawal. Trump has said he’s not pulling the nomination.

I’d bet on him being around. Although he should not be, simply based on his lies during his hearing.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

fierceredpanda wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 am
neeneko wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:21 am
Orlylicious wrote:
Or Kavanaugh's mom might have tossed the foreclosure because she knew her son had assaulted their daughter.
I understand from some other news that the foreclosure was cancelled cause the debtor reached a refinancing agreement.

BrianH

Post by BrianH »

There won't be a withdrawal this week unless another credible accuser emerges. Withdrawal will only come when there are two GOP Senators signaling they are likely no's on confirmation vote, and they are all on "wait and see" mode this week.

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Someone pointed out her name is Dr. Ford, but the NYT did not use “Dr.” when naming her. NYT used “Judge” for Kavanaugh. Perhaps we should rename this thread.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

I voted Yes. I would very much like to be wrong and I will celebrate if I am, but unless there's another really big bombshell, I don't see him leaving. I am, however, waiting for another woman to come forward.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:51 am
Someone pointed out her name is Dr. Ford, but the NYT did not use “Dr.” when naming her. NYT used “Judge” for Kavanaugh. Perhaps we should rename this thread.
Concur

jmj

Post by jmj »

It's a little bit confusing because Kavanaugh's friend and alleged accomplice in the assault was named Mark Judge. So when stories talks about "Judge", I often have to read carefully to figure out if they're talking about Kavanaugh or the friend.

listeme

Post by listeme »

Not all PhDs choose to use the title. (I don't know whether she's one who chooses not to.)
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl »

I wish I were still as optimistic as the 10 who voted no but the GOPs win at all cost attitude the last 15+ years plus the horrors of the Trump administration have burned all that away. They will never ever do the correct thing for our country & it no longer crosses my mind that any of them will.

I'm a yes-he'll-still-be-around-Monday (& confirmed :sick: ) vote in case the above wasn't clear ;)

And I really, really want to be wrong

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

HilltownGrrl wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:27 am
I wish I were still as optimistic as the 10 who voted no but the GOPs win at all cost attitude the last 15+ years plus the horrors of the Trump administration have burned all that away. They will never ever do the correct thing for our country & it no longer crosses my mind that any of them will.

I'm a yes-he'll-still-be-around-Monday (& confirmed :sick: ) vote in case the above wasn't clear ;)

And I really, really want to be wrong
I can't find it now, but saw a headline at Politico saying Dr. Ford hasn't committed to the Monday hearing. I hope she can find the strength to attend, but I can't say for sure I'd be able to handle the trauma.
ImageImageImage x4

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

listeme wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:14 am
Not all PhDs choose to use the title. (I don't know whether she's one who chooses not to.)
My brother has never used his (maybe he did in business only).
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

One of the most distinguished American sociologists, Otis Dudley Duncan, somehow found occasion to remark upon his election to the National Academy of Sciences "I don't use 'doctor.' I cannot set bones."
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

TollandRCR wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:41 pm
One of the most distinguished American sociologists, Otis Dudley Duncan, somehow found occasion to remark upon his election to the National Academy of Sciences "I don't use 'doctor.' I cannot set bones."
:thumbs:
On the other hand, I have another friend who was given an honorary doctorate by a European university where he teaches, and he calls himself doctor on his web site. :sick:

Return to “Brett Kavanaugh - Nomination for Supreme Court”